Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E03: The Circle Of Life

• Start Topic

Another castaway is voted out of the game.

I don't know why they bother any more. This has been the entire synopsis of each week's episode in my cable guide for a decade.  Just once I'd like to see, 'Giant alligator eats contestant! Find out which one!'  

Eh, maybe this will be the season...

• Love 22

My mother has just put the image of the night in my head, so I share it with you: regarding Tai finding the idol, she said, "He went to go find that in his underwear.  Where the hell is he going to hide that thing so no one knows he has it?"

• Love 11
(edited)

Oh, there's the douchey side of Nick I've been waiting for.  That was mean asking Tai to help kill the chicken.

Can Nick go home?  Seems to be quite a bit of focus on beauty tonight.  Hope that's a sign that they lose and Nick gets the boot.

Jason is still an ass.  I don't know when Alecia was ever on top of her tribe, but I hope she leads to the downfall of her tribe (or at least bounty).  I think back to last season, when not getting rid of Abi first led to many people getting axed earlier than they probably would have.  She's annoying, but I hate Bounty. 

Kind of a dull episode so far.  Hope that the boot makes up for it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
(edited)

Finally a different tribe loses!  Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Peter is really pushing for Neal to go.  The only person I want to see survive is Joe.  I don't care who goes home, but it'd be nice faux Obama to get blindsided.  Isn't that what this usually leads up to?  The guy leading the push gets blindsided?

Liz just did the kiss of death!  "The person going home won't be surprised" 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

Finally a different tribe loses!  Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Peter is really pushing for Neal to go.  The only person I want to see survive is Joe.  I don't care who goes home, but it'd be nice faux Obama to get blindsided.  Isn't that what this usually leads up to?  The guy leading the push gets blindsided?

The tribe divisions make less and less sense to me as time goes on.  I know Peter's a doctor, but that doesn't necessarily make him brainy...as he's proving right now.

• Love 9
(edited)

Hee hee!  Yeah, it was a tie all right!  Didn't expect that Mr. Fancy doctor, did you?  Or you Liz, flapping your gums so confident.

Okay, this totally made up for an otherwise dull episode.

Peter's an idiot.  I honestly wish he had gotten the boot over Liz, but I'm okay with this.  That was great!  Now, if Nick can get a big old blindside next week, I'll be happy (or if the faux Obama doctor or Jason goes, I'm good with that, too).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 13

I hate Peter. I also hate the Brains tribe for not voting him out. This is why I couldn't be on the show, I would have slapped him silly.

Also. Alecia .... at this point, I would have stolen the box, and been all. hey you have the key, I have the box, let's talk. 

• Love 22

I didn't care who came in second or third, I just want Beauty to win everything. I felt badly for Tai because while he knew it had to be done, he participated in the murder directly and that would make me sad too.

The vote was perfect because not only was Peter blindsided, now he has to hang out for three days with people who obviously hate him. Take that, condescending jackass.

I just can't with Alecia. If your vote isn't necessary, you don't vote for someone who you said you wouldn't and why would Scot have any trust in you anyways or vice versa? She must be a recruit.

• Love 20

Wow, Peter is even more obnoxious than Neal.  I hope a tribal switch sends Joe to Brawn and the Bounty Hunter to Brains, so that I can just hate the Brain tribe altogether.

So two different tribes have had to re-vote on their first visit to TC this season.  Wonder if Beauty will break that trend if they ever lose.

So the teddy bear was the bounty hunter's? I'm guessing (hoping?) it belongs to his child.  I'm also hoping it's machine-washable, 'cause it'll need it after a month on the island.

Stupid show.  I don't wanna to see the killing and mourning of a chicken.

• Love 6
(edited)

The arrogance, it burns! What a shame the brains couldn't have voted out both Liz and Fauxbama. Were those two listening to themselves?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

Boy Pete turned out to be a really cocky idiot.

I was so hoping it would be Debbie after the challenge loss.  Do not like her at all.

Not that they have much competition, but Beauty is a pretty likable tribe  with the exception of fake Nick.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 15

I hate Peter. I also hate the Brains tribe for not voting him out. This is why I couldn't be on the show, I would have slapped him silly.

Also. Alecia .... at this point, I would have stolen the box, and been all. hey you have the key, I have the box, let's talk. 

Good point.  Too bad this was Alecia we're talking about.  I wanted Peter's smirk to get slapped clear off his face and land back at the hospital in Minnesota where he works.  

Does Liz not realize those numbers are people?  The numbers lied to you, Liz, because you got voted out.

• Love 8
(edited)

Kind of a boring episode this week but I thought it was funny how the brawn tribe ran around willy nilly trying to find the idol. I don't know how I feel about the super idol, at least it's better than redemption island or that other vote twist from last season.

I'm glad Liz got voted off, she was just so smug. Debbie is annoying as hell but I agreed with a lot of what she said about her teammates. The FBI guy is impressing me, he stays quiet, observes and so far he's flying under the radar.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 9

Good point.  Too bad this was Alecia we're talking about.  I wanted Peter's smirk to get slapped clear off his face and land back at the hospital in Minnesota where he works.  

Does Liz not realize those numbers are people?  The numbers lied to you, Liz, because you got voted out.

I know, right?! like holy sugar. the arrogance. I really want him not to make the merge.

also. (sigh). I can't hate Jason. He has a Wish Care Bear. :(

• Love 4

I also felt badly for Tai with the chicken.  I know I would react very similarly.  I don't understand why he had to do it.  Let creepy Nick get off his butt and do something.  He probably would have enjoyed doing it from what I saw.

• Love 12

Goodbye Liz, won't miss ya. Was so confident that she was going to run the tribe but got ran out.

Peter needs to go, he's so arrogant and just an all around douche. He's not as good looking as he thinks he is.

Nick needs to go too, just not beautiful enough to look at.

Cyndy at the IC, I was asking myself why she was jerking the cords like that to get the ball up. It was very bad gameplay. I see they didn't let Alecia do it at all. They just have no faith in that girl at all. 

Also for Alecia, it's best to look for the HII by yourself and not take someone with you and now we have stank ass Jason with the idol. Alecia couldn't even wrestle it away from him. Oy. 

If Caleb makes it to the merge then he's going to be targeted because he's showing that he's a huge threat to win immunity all the time.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why didn't Alecia take the box?  Without the box, the key is useless. 

So many idiots, only so much screen time available.

And it always slays me when people complain that other people lied to them.  What the hell do you expect?  And you were lying to them... you just ended up being the one getting burned

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 17
(edited)

The nickname the folks over at Sucks have given Liz is The Lizbot. Basically because she seems so robotic and seems to think of the game as nothing but pieces on a chessboard.  I am kind of sad to see her go though. I find something endearing about her in a weird sort of way.  Peter on the hand, yeah, I can't believe he survived that.  On another note I am not sure it was the best strategy for Anna to tell Caleb that the three women on that tribe is an unbreakable alliance but since Caleb doesn't seem to mind being the fourth it kind of worked.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 7

Decent episode. A Brawn loss probably would have resulted in Cydney getting voted out, because they're fucked up that way. In a weird way, Scot, Jason and Alecia deserve each other. What sucks is that the Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos are poised to go deep into the game . . . barring a twist, of course. Or a medical emergency. It's not in poor taste to root for somebody to be Colton'd out of the game, right?

How is Tai not a member of Brains? He lost his fetching tool, but he improvised and got the idol. And yeah, I'm wondering where he would hide it. I suck for thinking, "I don't have an idol, Caleb, but I am happy to see you."

Whatever to the Brains' dysfunction. Pete does appear to be an egomaniac. On the other hand, Neal wears ice cream pants. Gotta love how the camera zoomed in on those for a few seconds. What is interesting is how much Debbie's brain will disintegrate. Right now, she's Shirin at Day 24. I figure she'll be Shirin on Day 36 next week, trapped with Dan, Rodney and Will.

• Love 15

This episode of Survivor was so delicious best one so far this season in my opinion. On the Beauty tribe Tai finally gets the idol  great news for him he worked so hard. Anna made it clear that she does not trust Nick and that her and the guys are loyal. Nick could be in trouble if they get sent to tribal. On the Brawns tribe Alecia finds the idol clue, Cydney finds the box the idol is locked in but rather than tell Alecia she covers it up and tells the guys about it. I dont think I would have done that but I guess she figured since Jason already saw them there was no sense in trying to cover it up. And then the guys take charge and Jason gets the idol  poor Alecia  Brains tribe. Say what you want about Ms Debbie but we saw some great gameplay from her tonight! Liz and Obama thought they were just gonna tell Debbie and Joe how to vote and that would be that but man they were wrong about that. A very close immunity challenge too I was thrilled to see Brawn safe tonight they needed a break, plus I really want Alecia to make it to a tribe swap. Another tie vote at tribal Aubrey Liz and Obama gets votes. They revote for a second I thought Obama was going because he got soooo much air time this episode but it was Liz who was sent home blindside!!!. I am sooooo glad I went with my gut and made Anna my team captain at the last minute because had I stuck with Liz that would not have been good for my pool  It looks like next week will bring us the first medevac of the season which sucks because I really like a lot of these players and I dont wanna see anyone get hurt. Great episode tonight though

• Love 5

I like everyone on Beauty except Nick. He is ugly and shouldn't be on Beauty.

Tai is darling. Let's have him on alllll the shows!

The Brains people are so damned annoying, and the Brawn are just so stupid and mean. Keep all the Brains except Nick, and we'll have a Final Five I'd love. 

• Love 9

Decent episode. A Brawn loss probably would have resulted in Cydney getting voted out, because they're fucked up that way. In a weird way, Scot, Jason and Alecia deserve each other. What sucks is that the Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos are poised to go deep into the game . . . barring a twist, of course. Or a medical emergency. It's not in poor taste to root for somebody to be Colton'd out of the game, right?

How is Tai not a member of Brains? He lost his fetching tool, but he improvised and got the idol. And yeah, I'm wondering where he would hide it. I suck for thinking, "I don't have an idol, Caleb, but I am happy to see you."

Whatever to the Brains' dysfunction. Pete does appear to be an egomaniac. On the other hand, Neal wears ice cream pants. Gotta love how the camera zoomed in on those for a few seconds. What is interesting is how much Debbie's brain will disintegrate. Right now, she's Shirin at Day 24. I figure she'll be Shirin on Day 36 next week, trapped with Dan, Rodney and Will.

If his name happens to be Jason and he's bounty hunter, no, that's not wrong.  Especially since he, of course, had to get the idol.  Scot I don't really mind.  I think he'd be better without his bearded tattooed buddy with him.  But maybe I'd be wrong.

Alecia gives me the impression of someone trying to hang on until the swap.

I think your suggestion about Tai is probably the only explanation he could have come up with.  But since I think he's the smartest person out there so far, maybe he could think on his feet faster.

Brawn.  Blech.  Alecia is the only likeable one.  wow.  Cydnyey "Act normal"  LOL.  Then pulls a backstab move.  And an ugly scrum.  Pride goeth before the fall.

Tai is ingenious.  How does he hide that idol in those teensy boy shorts??

Interesting circular firing squad going on at brains.

Nick showing his pretty boy stupid.  He can go anytime. 

I still never understand the attachment to these chickens.  It's Survivor people.  Americans are so divorced from the facts of where their food comes from.  Those chickens were destined to be some critter's dinner, might as well be me.  Killing is never pretty, but we all like to eat and it's so much easier when somebody else does it.

Oh Liz, so smug, so wrong.  Peter is even more smug and more wrong.  He's next if these tribes hold together.

That was great.

Ka-ching for beauty.  Pretty Caleb kicked ass.  Big time merge target.  

Debbie blows it.  Damn.  At least it keeps Alecia around.

• Love 4

I can't stand Jason. He's all the lie! cheat! steal! of Russell Hantz plus the sympathetic sob story, so it's like this unholy monster of screen time where the show demands you not only respect his game, but feel sorry for him at the same time. It's so manipulative and I hate it.

I hated what happened to Alecia, and I don't even like Alecia. I hated even more that it was played as "Jason is so committed! to! the! game!" as opposed to "Jason is! an! enormous! jackhole!"

Heh, was anyone else thinking Caleb was going to lose the last part of that challenge? It was eerily similar to a Big Brother challenge he lost at a critical point in the game.

• Love 11

I can't stand Jason. He's all the lie! cheat! steal! of Russell Hantz plus the sympathetic sob story, so it's like this unholy monster of screen time where the show demands you not only respect his game, but feel sorry for him at the same time. It's so manipulative and I hate it.

I hated what happened to Alecia, and I don't even like Alecia. I hated even more that it was played as "Jason is so committed! to! the! game!" as opposed to "Jason is! an! enormous! jackhole!"

Heh, was anyone else thinking Caleb was going to lose the last part of that challenge? It was eerily similar to a Big Brother challenge he lost at a critical point in the game.

Jason has the arrogance of someone who wants to lay ground work as being some sort of ground breaking Survivor mastermind/infamous villain that has future contestants mimicking.  Yet so far he's taking a page out of the handbook of Russel Hantz, has a touch of the Dan Foley asshole persona on him, and even on his twitter he's had quotes that have been uttered by previous contestants.  I don't know, maybe his whole plan is to be unoriginal.

• Love 10

Damn...Neal lives to smarm another day. And the really worst part about that vote was that for the past two episodes behind Joe and Debbie's back this jerk has been insulting them, talking s@#t about them and was clearly biased against their ages. I think if they knew that they would have aligned with Peter and Liz.

Meanwhile there was something really untoward about scummy Jason and his NBA henchman pretty much stealing the idol clues and tools from Alecia. Four words were raging in my head for the women "TAKE THE DAMN BOX"...I don't think that would be against the rules. If Alecia were to hide it while Jason searched for the key then they would have had to come to some type of negotiation as to how and who should get the idol.

I wonder if Caleb was having any flashbacks at the challenge...because it was VERY similar to the infamous BB contest when the group wanted to get Frankie out of the house...as it turned out instead of Caleb sitting out the challenge and allowing Frankie to triumph had he participated he could have made SURE that Frankie lost by throwing it. It was one of the worst nights of that season as I wanted Grande gone.

Speaking of BB I hope a lot of fans are watching because so far Caleb seems to have something of a redemption going on. It's nice to see.

I dislike people like Nick who are robotic and unemotional...folks wearing their heart  on their sleeve are my type of folks because you know where they stand.

• Love 11

Thank God Ear Flaps was there to scream directions at Cydney (?) in the challenge.  I was afraid she was gonna go right, toward the filled holes, instead of left, left, left,

to the empty hole, where she was headed the whole time.  Can Not Stand him!

• Love 13

Uggghh, I was SO looking forward to having that smug face off my tv. "Liz and I are good looking people."

I heard more of Jason's voice tonight than I ever have before, and I didn't like what I heard. It's so geeky.

There are still several women on (beauty?) I feel like we haven't seen or heard from yet.

• Love 5

From the way that box looked when Tai was unlocking it, I'm not sure how easy it would've been to pull it out of the ground and run off with it.

Knowing Survivor this is probably against the rules, but I have to wonder if a contestant found the box WITHOUT the affiliated directions, and they picked the locked, could they keep the idol? What if they had the box and assumed that it had the idol, but was not opened. Could they just present the box at tribal? 

Why was Aubry wearing leaves in her hair?

Oh, suck it up, Tai, it was a chicken.  She was there for the eating.

Poor Alecia, Cydney is so playing her. She's right not to trust anybody.

How many bounty hunters are there in Southeast Michigan?

That competition looked really hard. I wonder what would have happened if one of those bags of rice broke while they were trying to push them through the little holes. Beauty did a great job with that maze.

Oh, my God, Peter and Liz are such awful people.  I wish we could see Peter's  co-workers' faces when they see him at work tomorrow. Of course, he's a doctor, and that's the God complex they all seem to have.

I love how Neal always wears his bow tie. And he wears his ice cream pants on his website.

Why was Peachy just talking to Peter through the whole TC?

Why did Liz and Peter vote for Aubry?  I thought they wanted Neal gone?

How was that a fictitious total?

• Love 2

So apparently the reason why Tai was crying over the chicken was because Nick and Caleb did not kill it "properly"  and the poor thing was suffering for a few minutes before it finally died. This according to Julia on periscope tonight.

• Love 1

So apparently the reason why Tai was crying over the chicken was because Nick and Caleb did not kill it "properly"  and the poor thing was suffering for a few minutes before it finally died. This according to Julia on periscope tonight.

And this is why I hate having chickens on this show.  Yes, I know where meat comes from, and sadly, I know it isn't always under the most humane of circumstances.  But I could do without seeing it on Survivor.

• Love 18

Oh, my God, Peter and Liz are such awful people.  I wish we could see Peter's  co-workers' faces when they see him at work tomorrow. Of course, he's a doctor, and that's the God complex they all seem to have.

I can vouch for that, doctors and lawyers. Working in customer service for 11 years, they're the worst and think they're just above all. They be like "My time is worth this much $ an hour. Hurry up" and I want to go off on them because everybody's time is worth something.

• Love 10
(edited)

Was late today, but:

Wow, Debbie looks and sounds like a mad woman... she is really scaring me. When she's got her TH about Joe she reminds me of the wicked witch... seriously people.

I like that you can't just happen along the idol itself and that there are locked boxes... but wow these Brawn boys are Klassy!! But given the tribe name I guess we should have expected them to bull rush over the weaker members of their alliance who happen to be women. They are as disgusting as the ink splattered across their bodies.

This week's lesson on 'How To Get Voted Out Of Survivor' is similar to last weeks but with a different tone of 'watch your damned mouth'. Ugh, you pompous clueless "knowitall" you deserved what you got. Looks like the President thinks he's the one running the tribe... uhhh nooooo.

I doubt we'll ever see the "SUPER IDOL" power come to be so I'm not worried/thinking about that yet. But I think it's funny that the Brains haven't "calculated the percentages" of when the idol might be hidden and looked there by now as they appear to be the only ones to not do so.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4

He has a sob story? What is it? Is he the least successful bounty hunter in Southeast Michigan? I keep expecting Ralph Garman and Lorenzo Lamas to pop up.

• Love 6
(edited)

I also felt badly for Tai with the chicken.  I know I would react very similarly.  I don't understand why he had to do it.  Let creepy Nick get off his butt and do something.  He probably would have enjoyed doing it from what I saw.

Tai probably wanted the chicken to die with a friend watching over it. Nick would've probably squeezed it and tortured it before it died.

EDIT: (I don't know how to edit with another quote)

"So apparently the reason why Tai was crying over the chicken was because Nick and Caleb did not kill it "properly"  and the poor thing was suffering for a few minutes before it finally died. This according to Julia on periscope tonight."

:( It pisses me off they leave it to inexperienced people killing animals on this show. Where's PETA when you need them??

Edited by looksee
  • Love 7