Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E03: The Circle Of Life

• Start Topic

To me the super-idol is so bad because you can always do what Yul did and just be like "you vote for any of us and you go home, that simple" thus basically assuring that the whole group has a free ride to the end, because nobody saner than Phillip Sheppard is willing to fall on their sword for their alliance. So in a way it makes sense for the super-idol to be shared. Luckily I think none of these people are Yul-level clever, and (given who has the idols) nobody close as the Aitu 4, so they will probably be selfish and never use this super-power. I can see it right now in my mind's eye: somehow Scot has gotten another idol. The votes are read. It's Scot who will go home. He turns to Bounty Dick, smiling, excited to pull off the BIG MOVE. But Mr. Gauges' eyes are cold, his face is stone, he makes no move. "Jason," says Scot. "Let's do this." "I don't know what you're talking about," is the answer. The Pride of Southeast Michigan has figured out that he can get rid of a rival and an idol, while keeping his, by doing nothing. Scot realizes he's finished, and with a heavy heart, stands to bring his torch to Probst.

I think the requirement to have to cooperate with someone else in order to get the SII powers is what makes things interesting

IIRC, it acts like a regular HII unless/until it's combined with its matching pair, in which case it becomes a SII.

I don't want to go OT into speculation, but I can think of several interesting ways that this might okay out.

I can see it right now in my mind's eye: somehow Scot has gotten another idol.  The votes are read.  It's Scot who will go home.  He turns to Bounty Dick, smiling, excited to pull off the BIG MOVE.  But Mr. Gauges' eyes are cold, his face is stone, he makes no move.  "Jason," says Scot.  "Let's do this."  "I don't know what you're talking about," is the answer.  The Pride of Southeast Michigan has figured out that he can get rid of a rival and an idol, while keeping his, by doing nothing.  Scot realizes he's finished, and with a heavy heart, stands to bring his torch to Probst.

I would like it to be the other way around, Bounty going home with the idol :>

• Love 3

I'm surprised to hear that so many think the Beauty tribe is invisible. I don't see that at all. To me they're the most visible, especially considering they have won every challenge, which makes them more likely to not get much of an edit. Based on what we're seeing from everyone, I'll be shocked if the Beauty women don't go deep in the game. Which I'd normally hate because I'm usually bored by forgone conclusions, but I really love the Beauty Gals (tm KimberStormer) so I'm OK with it.

• Love 3

Too bad Debbie didn't hear Faux-bama talk about how good looking he and Liz are or she could have cackled "I'll get you, my pretty!"

And I may be mistaken, but I believe Bounty replied, "the base of what tree?"

Um.  That would be the tree where you saw Cydney and Alecia digging.  And Alecia is the airhead.

And he is the best bounty hunter in Southeast Michigan.  I am guessing there must be a lot of criminals running loose in Southeast Michigan.

• Love 6
(edited)

Maybe my favourite thing was Liz and Peter at TC and her hand on his knee clutching for him like they were Mr and Mrs Anderson seeing the principal about little Joey getting expelled. In terms of my feelings about her, she basically did what Jenny did last episode - went from being someone I quite liked to just awful, albeit in a more controlled way. 

I'm beyond annoyed that Jason has the idol. Because of course he does. Because the most obnoxious person out there always gets an idol. 

So far I'm not feeling this cast. My official position is always that I don't love returnee seasons and I'd rather see newbies but to be honest the last all-newbie season I really enjoyed was One World (I think I'm one of very very few Survivor fans who didn't like Cagayan but I hated so many of those people so, so, so much). I think I've become too lazy and don't pay enough attention in these early episodes so I feel like the only people making an impression are the ones I dislike. Everyone else is falling into the 'eh, whatever' category. Hopefully that will change as numbers dwindle.

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 4

I adore Debbie. I just adore her. (What excellent shouty talking heads, good planning and people-handling, plus skill and humor shown at Tribal.) I don't necessarily want her giving me advice on water, or moving into my garage, but I am so glad she's on the show. Debbie and Tai and (so help me god) Caleb, make this show watchable.

• Love 18

Cydney is hustling like crazy on her tribe.

Is she though? It's hard to tell because we got no insight into what role she played last week in Jen's ouster. The only TH we got was of her expressing frustration with Jen's wishy washy attitude. We never really got insight into whether she was actually for the all-girl alliance or whether she was sticking with the guys. Clearly she conferred with the guys prior to TC. So, Cydney is aligned with the guys. That's  . . . really about it. Alecia is stupid enough to think she's on her side and then Cydney blabs to the guys where the idol clue was hidden. I'm not sure I'd consider that "hustling" so much as . . . being aligned with the guys. Which happens to be her one and only option at this point.

• Love 4

Right!? Mr. Straycat and I wondered the same thing. All he was wearing were those little underwear shorts. WHERE and how did he hide it from his teammates? Inquiring mind want to know!

If you have seen the movie Bridesmaids, then you know EXACTLY where. "See this iPod nano? You won't see it again... until I want you to." hee

Scot and Jason have perhaps the ugliest sets of tattoos I have ever seen on this show.  As others have commented, it's like children drew graffiti in random spots all over them.  Caleb's tattoos, which are extensive, look tame by comparison.

But did anyone get a good look at Jason's back tattoo?  Looks to be a work in progress.  Apologies for the poor image quality:  http://prntscr.com/aauc71   I don't know what it is intended to be when it is finished, but I think it looks like two people being burned at the stake.  Nice.

I thought that tattoo looked like two pieces of ginger root that was growing heads. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope Debbie sticks around for a long, long, long time.  Her edit started with how she's socially awkward and an outsider, but in this episode she sussed out the Peter/Liz plan, arranged the 2-2-2 tie so that only she and Joe and Neal could vote in the tiebreaker, and then viola, Liz is gone.  Beautiful.  

I'm curious about this. The rationale for the nominated people in a two-way tie not being able to vote in a re-vote is that they can't vote for themselves, and therefore can only vote for the other person, and so their vote is irrelevant. But that's not true of a three-way tie.

I'm not sure how well the super idol will work.  Will someone give up their half to rescue an ally?  Maybe.  But most players are loathe to give up a one shot immunity.  

Given that this season was filmed before Second Chance, and they didn't use this concept on that season, maybe it turned out to be unworkable?

Edited by helent
  • Love 2

I'm curious about this. The rationale for the nominated people in a two-way tie not being able to vote in a re-vote is that they can't vote for themselves, and therefore can only vote for the other person, and so their vote is irrelevant. But that's not true of a three-way tie.

Maybe it is true of the three-way tie.  Peter, Aubry, and Liz, victims of the first vote, could not vote in the tiebreaker.  I have no clue if that has been true in the past tiebreakers, but it does seem logical, congruent, whatever.  However that plays out, Debbie is sitting pretty as the mastermind of Liz's demise, which I like a hell of a lot.  

I adore Debbie. I just adore her. (What excellent shouty talking heads, good planning and people-handling, plus skill and humor shown at Tribal.) I don't necessarily want her giving me advice on water, or moving into my garage, but I am so glad she's on the show. Debbie and Tai and (so help me god) Caleb, make this show watchable.

I'm curious... do you like her in spite of her real world issues, or have you not been aware of them?

Not indicting your liking of her. I'm genuinely curious if the real world part is known to you, and if it matters to what you're seeing on screen or not.

I DO think it's possible to both like someone onscreen on a show and loathe them outside of that circumstance too. Deliberate compartmentalization. Again, just curious if that's what's going on or not.

Given that this season was filmed before Second Chance, and they didn't use this concept on that season, maybe it turned out to be unworkable?

It could be that. It could also be that they always planned the "hiding them at the challenge" aspect for Second Chances too, and just didn't want to have the same twists two editions in a row.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm curious... do you like her in spite of her real world issues, or have you not been aware of them?  Not indicting your liking of her.

I'm genuinely curious if the real world part is known to you, and if it matters to what you're seeing on screen or not.

As a convicted felon myself, she got one-year probation for her offenses.  (I got five years probation for mine, ten days after I graduated from college, a $50K student-loan degree that I can not use.)  That kind of tells me she wasn't on any kind of payola scam.  So I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and I genuinely hope that she gets a second chance against people who judge her without knowing what happened or what she has been through since.  

The box is a fucking life-killer.  You can't get a decent job with the box -- have you ever been convicted of.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 14
absolutqt, on 03 Mar 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Did Alecia contribute anything during that immunity challenge?

I meant to respond to this point before, but sure she did.  They get rice bag #1 through the hole.  Cydney takes it to bring it to the other area.  Alecia is there to start pulling rice bag #2 through the hole.  I saw it with my own two eyes.  What is it about being on the other side of the fence that means she's "doing nothing", as opposed to all the other players standing around in the back?  Only so many people can get their hands on that bag.

• Love 3

I know they aren't technically cast members, but what about the critters? WHAT WAS THAT SPINY THING? It looked like a land urchin, but maybe some kind of spiny shrimp? 

And I swear I saw a lizard with lips.

• Love 3

I wouldn't go as far as to say I adore her, but I'm very intrigued but the apparent nutcase at camp vs. the very savvy strategist before tribal. I've always wanted to see someone who was playing up the crazy so they wouldn't be seen as a threat while having a good grasp on the game. I'm not saying she is it, but she's the closest (or rather the only one close to it) as far as I'm concerned.

I also have a weird fondness for Alecia. Not because of her underdog status, but once again for the dichotomy between her apparent ditzy persona and her pluckiness at times (5 hours until she got the fire to go, looking for an idol and finding the clue) as well as her surprisingly clear view of where she stands in the game and her willingness to improve her standing. She DOES understand the game. She might not be the best at it, but she gets what it's about. And that's more that many people (including returnees) are aware of. So yay, Alecia.

I honestly wouldn't have noticed how the 3 women from the Beauty tribe were highlighted if I hadn't seen it here, because I still have no idea of them individually (there's one bartender, one whose buff falling off would lead to major blurring, one blond, maybe these points relate to the same person?). But I now think you all may have a point, as some random combination of them keeps making it in the episode, even though they're not making it to Tribal. In that tribe, I think Nick won't be relevant, the way we see him. I'm extremely impressed with Caled in challenges andat camp (never watched BB), and Tai is an interesting nut, initially I thought he was too remote from the others, but he's since proved me wrong and seems to have a better social game than I thought he had in him. I was rather impressed that he accepted to be part of killing the chicken this episode, while still having mixed feelings to say the least about it all. He's like a mix of old and young person to me to me, old(ish) in his appearance compared to his tribe and almost childlike in his reactions. I find him very intriguing...

On brawn, I don't mind Jason, I've seen so much worse over the years. No, he's not Russell-like. Not even Tony-like. Even less that guy who wanted to be remembered. As I see it, he thinks he's the shit, but I'm confident he'll get humbling experiences down the line. Survivor might end up being the best thing that's ever happened to him - I know he talks about his daughter, but maybe he still has to learn to feel empathy for other people, to translate his feelngs towards his daughter onto others, maybe he'll get that in Loser Lounge if not before...    

As for Brains - hey, the only one who bores me right now is Joe, the tribe is very entertaining!

• Love 5

I know they aren't technically cast members, but what about the critters? WHAT WAS THAT SPINY THING? It looked like a land urchin, but maybe some kind of spiny shrimp? 

Yes, what on earth was the little creature in the tree, shown right before Aubry and Debbie had their chat in the shelter?  I don't know if this was the lizard with lips that you saw, but that's an accurate description of what I saw.  I couldn't decide if it was cute and cuddly or spiny and scary.

Being a loyal viewer of Big Brother, Caleb is a much better fit for Survivor. I don't want him to win, but I have to admit he is a beast in competitions.

I almost gagged when Jason mentioned he's from Southeast Michigan. Is that what i smell around here? 

The Stepford Model guy? Don't care to look up his name. He basically admitted he has sociopathic tendencies. Uh huh...just fake it that you care. 

Debbie is growing on me. I could only take her in small doses, but she'd be a good ally in this game that I'd suffer through to get to the end. 

Peter looks like an Obama/ Joker morph face.

I'm on the southwest side of the state and I smell it here, too.  And I think his back tattoo is an octopus trying to eat a sheep, but the tattoo artist got bored and didn't feel like finishing the sheep.

I'm nervous for next week's episode.  I'm all for making Survivor challenging, but not to the point of what looks like several cast members down and at least one evacuation.  Of course, I also cringe every time I see a challenge that involves one player grabbing a pole while several others gang up and try to rip the person off and drag them towards a finish line.  Also not a fan of blindfolding players and having them walk into sharp objects.  It seems counterintuitive to make the challenges that dangerous, because voting someone off is often not necessary in those situations.

• Love 2
(edited)

Peter is such an asshole!! I was really hoping his tribe-mates would do God's work and get him out of there, but Aubry's plea fell on deaf ears, unfortunately.

But when he does get voted out, it will be glorious!

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 2

I'm curious... do you like her in spite of her real world issues, or have you not been aware of them?

Not indicting your liking of her. I'm genuinely curious if the real world part is known to you, and if it matters to what you're seeing on screen or not.

I'm another person who likes Debbie, and I am fully aware of her real world issues. I'm taking my response over to her thread because it got long...

• Love 1

I also have a weird fondness for Alecia. Not because of her underdog status, but once again for the dichotomy between her apparent ditzy persona and her pluckiness at times (5 hours until she got the fire to go, looking for an idol and finding the clue) as well as her surprisingly clear view of where she stands in the game and her willingness to improve her standing. She DOES understand the game. She might not be the best at it, but she gets what it's about. And that's more that many people (including returnees) are aware of. So yay, Alecia.

I completely agree with all of this and it's precisely why I really like Alecia.

• Love 3

WOW...There OLD so we must lead them by the hand and tell them what to say. As soon as we feed them and wipe the drool from there chins. WTF!!!! I was SCREAMING at my tv. That is,possibly, the worst thing I have ever heard! And that one chick is only 49 so you can GTFO. Geez. Those 2 are in for a real shock when they wake up one day and realize their 58!! And they still have to get up every day and go to work,drive a car,pay bills,laugh, and LIVE. What a couple of douchcanoes.

• Love 8

I thought that tattoo looked like two pieces of ginger root that was growing heads.

I see a woman who's body has turned into a pillar of salt, but who's head has not, on the left.  And a dog standing on two legs with a racoon tail, on the right.  And they are both tied to stakes.

• Love 4
(edited)

I can't remember if Cyndy actually voted for Darnell but she sure didn't seem to help him out much when he was on the block and they were supposedly in an alliance.  

She was amazing hiding from Alecia that she found that box right in front of her but again, Alecia knows that she's been screwed by her.

So if that's her game play she needs to switch it up after the merge.  Right now Darnell and Alecia, were they on the Jury would not vote for her. 

I doubt Jenny would either.  Its not enough to make it F3 unless all you want is the 100,000. When you screw people over you need to do it in such a way that they either don't notice or don't mind.  Can't keep doing what she's doing to get ahead after the merge.

FYI I think it was in a post exit interview that Jenny said that Jason and Cyndy are basketball fans so the three of them bond over that. 

The whole time they were watching people on ball in hole challenge I was thinking "I'd slip back and fill my pockets with rice for sure"

Turns out Neal did that, so good for him.  Although I have to say when I first saw him at tribal I was like....wearing a bow tie?!?!? vote him out! Only to realize

that not only was he wearing a bow tie but it matched his pants! Groan.  Then the 3rd shoe dropped and they had ice cream cones on them!  I guess if you are

an ice cream magnate this is like....being a free billboard for your business.  Can't blame him. Well except for the bow tie. 

Still loving Debbie.  Hope she goes far because the way people talk about her is like ....if you are older, ugly or a little crazy and a woman - you must not belong on tv, or survivor and certainly not win. 

That said, I suspect her mouth will get the better of her game.

Edited by marys1000

I see a woman who's body has turned into a pillar of salt, but who's head has not, on the left.  And a dog standing on two legs with a racoon tail, on the right.  And they are both tied to stakes.

Fun! you have wonderful images in your head and they're brilliant!!! Keep bringing them on :)

• Love 2
Right now Darnell and Alecia, were they on the Jury would not vote for her. 

I doubt Jenny would either.

What if she were in the final three with Scot and Jason? Then they WOULD vote for her to avoid voting for one of these idiots wouldn't they?

I approve of continuing the speculation into what Jason's back tattoo is supposed to depict.

Might need its own topic, as it is highly subject to interpretation.  Scot's back mess could be up for debate as well - I just remember seeing the word POISON spelled out in huge purple letters with what looked like the tattoo artist's drunk interpretation of a Jackson Pollock painting.

• Love 2
(edited)

OK, I just studied the figure on the left.  It looks like Groucho Marx, in a grim-reaper cloak holding an octopus with the smiling face of a cartoon piglet.

The other figure looks like Spuds MacKenzie with a raccoon tail.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 6

Forgot to specify: Both figures are tied to stakes.

Because why not?  It's like he pulled 14 random words out of the dictionary, handed them to the tattoo artist, and said, "Draw that!"

• Love 4

The nickname the folks over at Sucks have given Liz is The Lizbot. Basically because she seems so robotic and seems to think of the game as nothing but pieces on a chessboard.  I am kind of sad to see her go though. I find something endearing about her in a weird sort of way.  Peter on the hand, yeah, I can't believe he survived that.  On another note I am not sure it was the best strategy for Anna to tell Caleb that the three women on that tribe is an unbreakable alliance but since Caleb doesn't seem to mind being the fourth it kind of worked.

I don't think telling Caleb they were an unbreakable alliance was good strategy at all, but if I were Caleb I'd be good with that.  Some sort of tribal swap is coming soon, he doesn't have to last all that much longer and then he can use that information.

I just don't think we've seen enough to be able to predict which way they'll break.  As opposed to the Brawn Tribe, where I think we can say that there does appear to be a pretty solid 3-person alliance between everyone not-named-Alecia.  Whether that will survive tribe-swaps, merges, etc., of course remains to be seen.  But they've come through 2 TCs intact, and that bodes well for them sticking together at least through the early post-merge stage of the game.  Which kind of pisses me off because I don't really like any of those three.

Within that three person alliance is a two person alliance - Cydney is gone after Alecia if the tribe stays together that long.  If I were Cydney I'd be looking for options at the swap because right now she's vulnerable.

I found it interesting that Brawn apparently wouldn't let Alecia try the puzzle?  I'm not sure if she'd be any good at it, but she at least should have gotten her turn.  Cydney went first and failed spectacularly, and a few tries in, one of the D Bags asked her if she wanted to switch.  Yet they completely minimised Alecia in that challenge.

I don't think her game is good at all.  Her game pretty much consists of doing nothing.  She seems to have no idea that Scot and Jason are the Final 2 in their own minds.  She would have been way better off teaming with Alecia.  If they happened to lose the challenge, vote out Jason.  Then with only 3 members left, there could possibly be a merge next time around.  Instead, she immediately runs to Jason and Scot and tells them that Alecia found a clue and exactly what the clue said "the idol is hidden at the base of this tree".  

So Alecia found the clue and shared it with Cydney.  Cydney then told Jason and Scot.  Jason and Scot then find the idol.  Which somehow becomes Jason's because he picked up the key.  Ugh.  If Cydney still thinks they are loyal to her, she is even more of an idiot that I thought.

I don't understand why they didn't have Alecia try at all, especially since Cydney had already failed.  And I agree that I don't see Cydney as playing a good game so far.  Although perhaps her plan is to just survive the initial three tribe division and look for alliances when they swap.

Tai is the best. Around. Jeff was never going to keep him down. I didn't get the impression that he was forced to help with  the chicken. I thought he chose to participate to make sure it was done humanely and respectfully, and to sort of honor the sacrifice of life to sustain life.

I agree that Tai participated in the killing of the chicken to try and be humane about it but I think he also did it as an "honor" thing - he would view it as wrong to expect others to kill the chicken that he was planning on eating.

• Love 3
Jersey Guy 87, on 04 Mar 2016 - 1:11 PM, said:

I don't think telling Caleb they were an unbreakable alliance was good strategy at all, but if I were Caleb I'd be good with that.  Some sort of tribal swap is coming soon, he doesn't have to last all that much longer and then he can use that information.

I don't think it was that bad on the gals' part.  A bit of a strong-arm but they sold it softly so no problem.  They probably know that young women are often targeted first; saying they're an unbreakable three means either the dudes have to go to rocks to get rid of one of them, or agree to vote out a dude (Nick).  On a big tribe you don't want your F3 obvious, but on a small tribe (the small-tribe dynamic is one of my favorite things about three-tribe Survivor) there's not a whole lot of space to hide it in anyway, and things are fluid because of the unpredictable nature of swaps (not to mention medivacs and stuff).  There's plenty of game to go, anything can happen to get Caleb to 3 from 4.  They're just saying they're unbreakable right now.

On a general level it's not good to reveal your 3 prematurely but by F6 it is too late to do anything about it except rocks or pulling an idol, unless of course there is a clear winner in that F3 whom the other two can't beat, but that is supposing the other two even recognize this, which is apparently a lot to ask, since so many people fail to see it.  So I sort of feel like having a solid three in the initial tribe situation is a reasonable position of strength to operate from.  If Nick (the one obvious target of theirs) gets wind of it, and makes it to a swap, he could make trouble for them to get rid of the danger--but I don't see how that would be in Caleb's interest.  Plenty of room to operate from 4, with so much game to go, as I say, and surely he will be closer to them, and more aware of what he has to do to make F3, than with people from the other tribes, whose dynamics he is not privy to.  The three women came to him, and he has a personal connection with Tai; not a bad place to be in a swap or merge situation.

All this of course assuming Caleb's thought processes go deeper than, "gee, they're nice, I like them" which is not yet proven.  Though aligning with people because they're nice is not the worst thing in the world, anyway.

• Love 4

From the way that box looked when Tai was unlocking it, I'm not sure how easy it would've been to pull it out of the ground and run off with it.

Pretty sure it would be chained or otherwise anchored underneath, else it would be too easy to skip the key-getting part by taking the box to a rock bluff and busting it open, or bashing off the lock.

So apparently the reason why Tai was crying over the chicken was because Nick and Caleb did not kill it "properly"  and the poor thing was suffering for a few minutes before it finally died. This according to Julia on periscope tonight.

Bull; Julia's either an idiot or a city girl, take your pick. Caleb's a country boy, and I doubt that's the first chicken he's ever killed. Also - If Julia had bothered to listen to Caleb's and Tai's low-key convo immediately after the lop, she would've understood (a) Tai was upset because the chicken's body (which he was holding) was still moving after the chop, and (b) Caleb was reassuring Tai it was not unusual for a chicken's body to keep moving even after the chicken was dead, and such movement didn't mean the bird was still alive. Which is true - the phrase "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" is based in fact. Incidentally, a chicken's body quite literally running around sans head is also one of the weirdest things you'll ever see.

Cydney did better pretending she hadn't found it, but then goes and blabs the whole damn thing to Earrings, why? 

I took Brawny's explanation at face value. She knew Bounty had seen her and Felecia in the woods, and assumed he'd recognized their HII clue find for what it was. She figured Bounty would get all paranoid with that knowledge if she didn't[/i say something about what was going on, so she "volunteered" the information - thereby allaying any suspicion, and additionally solidifying perception of herself as a loyal alliance member.

I told Khaleesi last week how Jason wants everyone to believe he's really tough, and she can't stand him because he's "so rude" to Alecia... so she's nicknamed him Cupcake. 

I'll stick with Bounty - like the paper towel - but I like the way she thinks.

Poultry execution, Caleb assures Tai that he's dead and out of pain

Khaleesi:  Caleb's being really sweet.  Maybe he just needs to be outdoors to be a good person. 

This may quite possibly be the wisest thing I've ever read on this forum.

TC:

I was laughing pretty hard at Jason’s brag:  “I’m one of the best bounty hunters in southeast Michigan.”  Uh, ok.

I assumed he was talking about scoring paper towels at the local A&P.

Right!? Mr. Straycat and I wondered the same thing. All he was wearing were those little underwear shorts. WHERE and how did he hide it from his teammates? Inquiring mind want to know!

Not all of us!

You did. It wasn't just the booze talking. :)

• Love 5

Why didn't Alecia take the box?  Without the box, the key is useless. 

Jason probably would have strong-armed the box away from Alecia.  Watching them tussle for the key, I don't doubt that had Alecia gotten hold of it, Jason would have physically ripped it from her grasp.

That whole scene made me very uncomfortable.

• Love 5

I DO think it's possible to both like someone onscreen on a show and loathe them outside of that circumstance too. Deliberate compartmentalization. Again, just curious if that's what's going on or not.

It could be that. It could also be that they always planned the "hiding them at the challenge" aspect for Second Chances too, and just didn't want to have the same twists two editions in a row.

I read this forum, so yes I am aware of her 'real world issues'.

I am not compartmentalising, as I don't know precisely what she did or didn't do, and I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. Plenty of people make mistakes, errors of judgement, and/or commit crimes and pay penalities for such - and I like to think that people are not the sum of their past mistakes.

• Love 4
(edited)

Bull; Julia's either an idiot or a city girl, take your pick. Caleb's a country boy, and I doubt that's the first chicken he's ever killed. Also - If Julia had bothered to listen to Caleb's and Tai's low-key convo immediately after the lop, she would've understood (a) Tai was upset because the chicken's body (which he was holding) was still moving after the chop, and (b) Caleb was reassuring Tai it was not unusual for a chicken's body to keep moving even after the chicken was dead, and such movement didn't mean the bird was still alive. Which is true - the phrase "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" is based in fact. Incidentally, a chicken's body quite literally running around sans head is also one of the weirdest things you'll ever see.

With all due respect you weren't there. Julia was, so was Anna and Tai and everyone else on the Beauty tribe. The story was that they tried to kill the chicken by snapping and breaking its neck which if done correctly is a humane way to do it.  If done incorrectly there can be problems. Since apparently this didn't work they then decided to chop the chicken's head off instead. Is this what really happened?  I don't know and neither do you. But I am more likely to believe the people that were actually there than what CBS decides to show us on the episode and what CBS  apparently decided not to show us was Caleb trying to break the birds neck. And for the record Julia is not a city girl. She grew up In Vermont and based on the pictures I have seen on SM it looks like she grew up with chickens and other farm animals. So it is also quite possible this isn't the first time she has seen someone killing a chicken for food.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Oh Dr Peter you are just like every doctor I have worked with. You think everyone admires and loves you. You are an egotistical, condescending blowhard. Actually we are laughing and making fun of you behind your back. Do you know how a nurse says F*ck You to a doctor? She says, "yes sir, right away sir."

Ok. Maybe not EVERY doctor, but ER doctors and surgeons are the worst!

• Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if Alecia didn't do the challenge because she told her tribe, "I will SUCK at that, do NOT put me in."  I'm not sure why her tribe is automatically to blame.  

I too wondered about that "didn't kill the chicken right" story.  Their necks bones are fragile.  Death is rarely as sterile and instantaneous as we see on tv.  

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Debbie is so smart that she concocted a grand scheme to get rid of someone...who wanted to keep her and Joe in the game. She's as good at reading people as she is at getting away with endangering other people's lives. What a player.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 1

Why didn't Alecia take the box?  Without the box, the key is useless

Jeff told Dalton Ross on EW that the box was a fixed item and could not be moved or hidden.  They needed to find the key first.

With all due respect you weren't there. Julia was, so was Anna and Tai and everyone else on the Beauty tribe. The story was that they tried to kill the chicken by snapping and breaking its neck which if done correctly is a humane way to do it.  If done incorrectly there can be problems. Since apparently this didn't work they then decided to chop the chicken's head off instead. Is this what really happened?  I don't know and neither do you. But I am more likely to believe the people that were actually there than what CBS decides to show us on the episode and what CBS  apparently decided not to show us was Caleb trying to break the birds neck. And for the record Julia is not a city girl. She grew up In Vermont and based on the pictures I have seen on SM it looks like she grew up with chickens and other farm animals. So it is also quite possible this isn't the first time she has seen someone killing a chicken for food.

Why try to wring the chicken's neck when there's a perfectly good machete handy?

Why try to wring the chicken's neck when there's a perfectly good machete handy?

It's probably a more certain way to do it. I mean with a machete someone might only cut part way through--especially if someone else is trying to hold the chicken's head still and has their fingers in the way.  A nice twist is a single-person operation and if done right probably also instant.

Ick. It IS unpleasant to talk about this stuff, isn't it, even if it's part of us being omnivores.

• Love 3

Jason probably would have strong-armed the box away from Alecia.  Watching them tussle for the key, I don't doubt that had Alecia gotten hold of it, Jason would have physically ripped it from her grasp.

That whole scene made me very uncomfortable.

I agree. I have no doubt he would have shoved her to the ground, stomped on her, and/or broken a finger or two whilst mugging her for that key. I wonder what the fallout would have been. I also don't think the other two tribe members would have had a problem with it or attempted to help Alecia. It felt like she was bullied, IMO.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree. I have no doubt he would have shoved her to the ground, stomped on her, and/or broken a finger or two whilst mugging her for that key. I wonder what the fallout would have been. I also don't think the other two tribe members would have had a problem with it or attempted to help Alecia. It felt like she was bullied, IMO.

Jason would have been kicked out of the game had he done that. They are already in a very gray area when it comes to what is an assault where you have two players aggressively going for an idol and bumping into each other, etc. But actually shoving someone down and stomping on them, yeah he would be kicked out by production.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 3

Fun! you have wonderful images in your head and they're brilliant!!! Keep bringing them on :)

Well I saw a hunchback devil dwarf on the right poking at a woman with her large intestine hanging right below her neck on the right.

Forgot to get this in a quote box but piewarmer I think said:  "And I swear I saw a lizard with lips."  I say twas strange it wasn't on that dude's back too.

• Love 3

I'm so happy to have finally remembered the name of this site from when TWOP closed.  Love this Season of Survivor, (so far!)  And love reading along to all the great comments.

• Love 3