Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Yay, good for Christine! I was one of those who firmly believed she was ready to jump. Glad she did it!

On a sad note though…I don’t think she’ll have her own show. Christine will be just another single mum. There are probably a few million of those in the US. Nothing special like 20 kids, a surviving in the wilderness or polygamist husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Kody being a committed parent to Christine’s children.  Ha!  Since when? 

There was an episode shown when they were in lockdown with I think Christine and Truly delivering a present to one of Robyns kids in lockdown, and Truly crying on the doorstep while Kody (and maybe Robyn too) looking at her with zero compassion let alone a sliver of love for her 

• Love 8

I can't believe it! Wow. Good for her! Take that, you ramen noodle douchebro! Robyyynn, I hope you're familiar with the saying 'be careful what you wish for'! 

I wonder if the producers are re-editing things in a mad scramble, and cussing out all the adult Brown's as they go?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Kody hasn’t turned his off. There aren’t any on Christine’s so I assume she has.

Here’s the link to Kody’s post, it’s public:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyGppnPdaG/

Two examples of replies on Kody’s :(excuse the poor execution of crossing out names).

C2D47018-5F13-4E8B-BE9F-639B87C159BC.jpeg

I liked the one who informed Kody with "You have to tag Christine for her to see your comment"

19 minutes ago, Totally said:

There was an episode shown when they were in lockdown with I think Christine and Truly delivering a present to one of Robyns kids in lockdown, and Truly crying on the doorstep while Kody (and maybe Robyn too) looking at her with zero compassion let alone a sliver of love for her 

And Solomon was crying because Sobbyn & Kodouche wouldn't let him play outside with Truely.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Typical Kody.  ‘She has made the decision to leave’ - never one to take any responsibility for the state of the (spirit) marriage. 

He is a dismissive, misogynistic weasel focused entirely on his own happiness. The way he has iced out the other wives from love (that aren’t Robyn) is emotional abuse.  The plan to be monogamous, was just to beat them down emotionally until they make the decision to leave, so he (and Robyn) don’t look like the bad guys.  

‘Committed parent?’ Hahahahahahahahahaha. Kody will continue to sit on his ass helicoptering over Robyn’s kids and catering to their every whim, whilst forgetting any other child exists, as always. 

844B6FF3-075D-4613-9E07-279E5C1013B4.thumb.jpeg.f5ea6987e065a10a27999bb2d962ea05.jpeg

Spot on.  ❤️

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Totally said:

There’s always a defining moment when a spouse decides to leave a marriage. Truly’s kind heart and tears could have been Christine’s!

• Love 19

Just came here to put my 2 cents in. I watched the show in the beginning and then tapered off when they moved to Vegas.

Out of the original 3, I really thought it would have been Janelle who would have left first followed by Meri and then Christine.

I now wonder if Meri will spin it that she left first with the set up of the B&B and was just going back and filming just for the sake of the show (which would then make her out to be a liar for a "reality" tv program).

I also seriously wonder why Janelle hasn't left. I mean I don't think there is anything there between her and the Koduche.  He's a one woman man with Sobyn.

Wonder if Meri curses the day she brought Sobyn in the fold.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

If she doesn't get, or doesn't want, a little spin-off (honestly aside from the initial adjustment there probably isn't much there), at least she should get a good chunk of time out of the Sister Wives show for a while, while she strikes out on her own.

What adjustment are you referring to? She already was as single as she could possibly be, with Kody never there, raising her kids alone and even having the sole mortgage to the house alone. Not much has changed.

Also, as I said before: I highly doubt a spin off. She’s anything but unique with being a single ‘divorced’ mum. Maybe if she’d still had all six of her kids at home, but it’s only Truely. That doesn’t make for exciting filming material….

• Love 12

Have either of them actually said “divorce,” or are they just talking about “leaving”?  If it’s the latter, I suspect something’s up — or, I suppose, they’re admitting that what they had (at least at the end) was never anything approaching a marriage, no matter how often they said it was. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I came running her as soon as I read the news! 🤪 I haven’t watch in at least 2 seasons, but still lurk her from time to time.

A bit surprised it was Christine who left! Of all the wives, she was the most stereotypical plyg wife with the least amount of resources to leave: no education, no significant work history, full time parent/babysitter/co-parent to at least janelle’s children.

Go Christine!

• Love 11

I admit to being shocked that it was Christine to leave first, although Meri hasn’t been part of the family for years.

Since this show is always years behind, I think it’s entirely possible Christine announced her intention to leave months ago, if not a year ago. She just waiting to get herself together, let ysabel heal and graduate from high school. I think this gives them at least two more seasons. This season will be the final breakdown and Christine announces her intention to leave and one season of house everyone is coping with Christine having left. They likely released their statements today since the new season is about to start. 

My guess is this is pretty much the end of Kody’s relationship with his kids with Christine. I can’t see them going to see them very often. Won’t Gabe be the only one left in Arizona? And isn’t he in college? I can’t see Gabe spending his free time Kody and Robyn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Also, as I said before: I highly doubt a spin off. She’s anything but unique with being a single ‘divorced’ mum.

I've said the same thing.  No story there at all.  She has no job, no skills, just her MLM shills.  Can't get a lot of mileage out of watching someone stand in line for food stamps.

Since they have all been living separately for years, there shouldn't be any adjustment necessary from the rest of the gang.  It's not like there is are a zillion little kids all living together anymore.  I doubt her absence will even be noticed.  Celebrated by Sobyn, maybe, but otherwise no impact in anyone's life at all.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Christine now talks to her cousin/aunt(?) who left polygamy.  A spinoff "Life After Sisterwives" could be interesting

I would watch the hell out of a show like this, but only if Christine talks honestly with her family about this toxic situation (IMO) and how her feelings have changed and what she's learned/learning.

1 hour ago, jennblevins said:

Have either of them actually said “divorce,” or are they just talking about “leaving”?  If it’s the latter, I suspect something’s up — or, I suppose, they’re admitting that what they had (at least at the end) was never anything approaching a marriage, no matter how often they said it was. 

I mean, they were never legally married?  So there can't be an actual divorce.  Why would either of them use that word?  I don't think you can even have a spiritual "divorce".  It would be an unsealing or something like that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

What adjustment are you referring to? She already was as single as she could possibly be, with Kody never there, raising her kids alone and even having the sole mortgage to the house alone. Not much has changed.

The adjustment will be the enormous relief when she realizes what you said, and everyone else already knows, she is a single woman.  No more burden from being in Kody and Robyn's orbit.  You must have thought I meant an adjustment where she has to pull herself up to go on, but I meant an adjustment to a world of freedom from pretending there is any chance at all for any kind of partnership,  and being treated like garbage.  Hopefully she'll be on cloud nine and living it up.  She just took the biggest crap of her life.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

She has no job, no skills,

I don't know what Christine wants to do and I agree that she appears to have no advanced education or career experience... but... she raised eleventy-billion children essentially on her own while her sister wives and her husband were out doing whatever it is that they do. She is good with kids and good at corralling a lot of them. She could open a home daycare or go work in a daycare. The pay isn't great, but plenty of people get by on that as a job. 

I'd watch a limited series - maybe six episodes - of Sister Wives: The Unsealing - if it were to be done honestly and directly. How does one "divorce" a spouse one never legally married. How do you untangle the messy finances (they'd never show us, since they don't address the finances honestly now). Assuming that Christine didn't receive child support before because she was in the family, will she seek it now? How do her children react? The other wives? The children of the other wives? 

I supposed Kody would have to be in the mix but of everyone involved, I care least about him. He didn't seem to love Christine or even like her very much. He paid little attention to her or her children. He had way too much on his plate anyway, through his own faults. I don't really care how he feels or what his reaction is but since he is the nexus of all this nonsense, I suppose he gets a cut of every related show.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I admit to being shocked that it was Christine to leave first, although Meri hasn’t been part of the family for years.

Since this show is always years behind, I think it’s entirely possible Christine announced her intention to leave months ago, if not a year ago. She just waiting to get herself together, let ysabel heal and graduate from high school. I think this gives them at least two more seasons. This season will be the final breakdown and Christine announces her intention to leave and one season of house everyone is coping with Christine having left. They likely released their statements today since the new season is about to start. 

My guess is this is pretty much the end of Kody’s relationship with his kids with Christine. I can’t see them going to see them very often. Won’t Gabe be the only one left in Arizona? And isn’t he in college? I can’t see Gabe spending his free time Kody and Robyn. 

Gabe is Janelle's son. You must be referring to Gwen.

• Love 4

If Christine is back in Utah, she might be planning to “marry” back into polygamy. She didn’t say she was leaving the faith. If she dOes marry someone else, maybe he could “adopt”Truely”.  Hee hee.
Wow to the sudden realization that Robyn “married” a “man” just like her former husband. 

• Love 6

Funny how things work. I'd just exhausted checking in on all my secret guilty pleasures. I checked on the cast of Big Brother. I checked in with the Duggars. I checked even the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Bored. And then something in my head said, hmmm you haven't checked on those sister wives in a while. And then Boom! My night is now full.

I'm happy for Christine. So happy. Her life is better now even if it hurts. She has a brighter path. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Also, as I said before: I highly doubt a spin off. She’s anything but unique with being a single ‘divorced’ mum. Maybe if she’d still had all six of her kids at home, but it’s only Truely. That doesn’t make for exciting filming material….

Agree, on both counts. 

I'm glad Christine left, but let's face it, the reality of this situation is that Kody's the one who left, and he left her a long time ago. He may be surprised that she isn't going to sit there and take it anymore, but she's been single for a long time.

I'm surprised anyone thinks any of these people are spin-off material, you take away the polygamy and every single one of these people is about as interesting as watching paint dry, Christine included.

I would watch Christine "segments" within the original show, but I don't think she can carry her own show. Without the dynamics between the 5 of them, there's nothing interesting about these people.

• Love 24

I have felt Christine is involved with someone from the production team for at least the last 3 seasons. Her looks improved, she seemed happy, and she seemed to get flattering screenshots and edits. No matter what....I'm happy for her. Whatever her motivation, she is showing a lot of honesty and courage.

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

If Christine is back in Utah, she might be planning to “marry” back into polygamy. She didn’t say she was leaving the faith. If she dOes marry someone else, maybe he could “adopt”Truely”.  Hee hee.
Wow to the sudden realization that Robyn “married” a “man” just like her former husband. 

I don't think Christine will marry someone else within the plyg faith. The whole point is to have as many wives and make a ton of kids. Christine is past the baby making stage. Hopefully she finds some nice LDS guy to enjoy a monogamous relationship in this stage of her life. Before Sobyn, she was the peppy one in the family. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I don't think Christine will marry someone else within the plyg faith. The whole point is to have as many wives and make a ton of kids. Christine is past the baby making stage. Hopefully she finds some nice LDS guy to enjoy a monogamous relationship in this stage of her life. Before Sobyn, she was the peppy one in the family. 

Christine had to learn independence once they were in Vegas. And I think once they went to Flagstaff she embraced it. She is in Utah to be near friends, family (she has always talked about wanting to be closer to her father before he passes) and especially her kids. I am reading everywhere about Christine finding a new man etc etc, but after the hell that she has been through called Kody, I doubt she wants anything to do with another relationship. A man would just want to control her, to make her fit into his world and Christine is free now.

She has come a long way from that hysterical woman on the verge of a panic attack while calling the Presbyterian minister and his congregation sharks...

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I have felt Christine is involved with someone from the production team for at least the last 3 seasons. Her looks improved, she seemed happy, and she seemed to get flattering screenshots and edits. No matter what....I'm happy for her. Whatever her motivation, she is showing a lot of honesty and courage.

Humm never thought of that but I was about to post I think Christine has somebody new.

I think Christine was the most hurt by the Kody, Robyn relationship.  She was kind of pretty and tried the hardest to have kody love her.

I wonder if kody will take another wife?  Meri has one foot out the door and Janelle isn't really interested in the husband wife relationship.  I think that ended between them long ago.

Kody will save the show.  It's the salesman in him.  Will be interesting to see how he does that!

• Love 6

I left this board over a year ago but decided to venture back briefly when I read about Christine, I'm shocked and wish her nothing but the best.  

What compelled me to post though is the misconception regarding Mykelti's use of the word "lick" in this context, in fact she was quite correct in her word choice.  It's not used in this manner as often as it used to be but it was quite common for people to refer to others getting or giving a "licking" as in a spanking, thrashing, or similar.  And I'm sure many of you remember the famous brand phrase of a once very popular watch that "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"?  But just in case you need more convincing see definition 2 from Merriam Webster

lick verb
\ ˈlik  \
licked; licking; licks
Definition of lick (Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb

1 a(1): to draw the tongue over
     (2): to flicker over like a tongue
   b: to take into the mouth with the tongue : LAP

2 a: to strike repeatedly : THRASH
   b: to get the better of : OVERCOME, DEFEAT

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lick

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was just thinking that now Aunt Kristen and mom Annie can be a lot of support for Christine.  They both lived the polygamist life, and left it.  

Also, my petty self hopes that Meri is jealous that she didn't leave first.  "You don't get to do this."  "Look at the mountain."  That scene was probably scripted, but it turns out that Christine saying, "I can't do marriage with Kody any more" was a true statement.

I 100% believed Christine in that episode. And interesting words from Meri Brown who once scratched the name “Sam Cooper” into her arm and then took a photo of it. 🤔

Christine’s words were raw and honest, and I wondered when she’d pull the trigger and just leave. I was hoping she’d be the one, just based on how she said what she said—genuinely unhappy and not gonna take it anymore, for herself and for her kids. 

Meanwhile, “strong” Meri (because she keeps telling us she is with those stupid hashtags and phrases on her SM) has been shown up by “meek” Christine. Who’s the strong one now, Meri? 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

I left this board over a year ago but decided to venture back briefly when I read about Christine, I'm shocked and wish her nothing but the best.  

What compelled me to post though is the misconception regarding Mykelti's use of the word "lick" in this context, in fact she was quite correct in her word choice.  It's not used in this manner as often as it used to be but it was quite common for people to refer to others getting or giving a "licking" as in a spanking, thrashing, or similar.  And I'm sure many of you remember the famous brand phrase of a once very popular watch that "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"?  But just in case you need more convincing see definition 2 from Merriam Webster

lick verb
\ ˈlik  \
licked; licking; licks
Definition of lick (Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb

1 a(1): to draw the tongue over
     (2): to flicker over like a tongue
   b: to take into the mouth with the tongue : LAP

2 a: to strike repeatedly : THRASH
   b: to get the better of : OVERCOME, DEFEAT

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lick

I think it was the combo of “lick” and “butt” that made people 😫

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Meri stays and stays for the benefits the show affords her.  She left Kody a long time ago!

She would be currently nesting with Sam if Sam had been Sam!

Yeah, but then she should drop that “strong” woman shit and “love who I am” charade. She cries and seems miserable, but of any of these wives, she has had the most means to leave. Her LLR business is good because she got in early and because she is who she is. She has the B&B in Utah she could stay at. For a long time I thought that was her plan, but she keeps on Kody’s coattails like an unwanted dog who just wants acceptance (and she’ll never get it there). 

Meri? Is afraid. She’s afraid to be on her own even though she’s unloved and unhappy.  Anyone who goes through that much trouble to sound “strong and independent”—isn’t. Christine, the “quiet” one, has way more inner strength then Meri ever had. Christine took action, she didn’t bray about it for years and then do nothing. Christine I’m sure is a bit nervous about the change, but she went and did it. 

I’m so happy for Christine. It’ll be interesting to see how they film her if the show is renewed (or if she even chooses to be a part of it). She deserves so much more than Ko-douche has given her, and I hope she gets it. 

I bet Meri is seething that the attention is off of her and onto Christine and that she’s no longer the “strong” one she’s tried to make herself out to be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17