Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Normally I'd have said a round of botox would clear that right up, but that is a great picture of her. I think those lines really work for her. She looks great.

Edit: Not that it matters what I think--she's allowed to do with her face what she likes. All I'm saying is losing 200 pounds of ramen noodles really works for her. 

Yeah. I used to get a little on my forehead and just between the brow. I liked it, but haven’t had any in years.  I’m considering it again , though.  It makes me look less intense.  My eyes aren’t as smiley as Christine’s. Lol

• Love 4

I can see Meri making Christine's spilt about her. She'll go on and on how she just doesn't see that as an option for her. How the marriages are for life, this life and the afterlife, and that's what she committed to before and is committed to now.

Of course while subtly throwing Christine under the bus, Meri will add the she's supports her and wants her to do her.

In the People article Christine said she is enjoying how simple life is now. Meri can't enjoy life with out drama and IMO, Meri will never be happy until Kody takes her back.

• Love 14

Meri stays because being on Sister Wives sells her Luluroe junk clothing!

She has nothing to gain by leaving but a lot to lose  

I don’t think anybody would care to stay in that pudunk B & B of Meri’s  They stay there to gawk at her!

No she’s not leaving and really nobody cares if she stays or goes!

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Christine's LLNo sales have probably been boosted by her predicament, with followers wanting to help her out with the delousing.  Meri must be fuming with jealousy.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine's LLNo sales have probably been boosted by her predicament, with followers wanting to help her out with the delousing.  Meri must be fuming with jealousy.

I hope Meri's pissed at HERSELF for being too wimpy to make the split, but I doubt that she is.  It's always someone else's fault, in her narrow worldview.

Meri's got to be green with envy, at Christine having the intestinal fortitude to leave that rat bastard sorry excuse for a man.  Good.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I don't see how Meri can even spin "Christine's leaving affected me this way..." into a storyline for herself...we all know she spends almost no time with the family. Christine's leaving really doesn't affect Meri's daily life much at all.

Meri saved the show at one point with her horrifying life decisions, but she's got nothing going on currently. This is all about Christine now.

I agree.  Who knows if TLC will even show Christine's leaving before the 2025 season, or if they'll spin it as, "Christine decided to spend an extended stay in Utah to be close to her new grandchild," or some other blatant lie.  

The best drama would be the post-departure dynamics - which TLC would never address.  Will Janelle forsake her sisterhood with Christine because she's overcome with lust every time that she sees Kody parade around in his tight jeans and ponytail?  Will Robyn advance on her path to monogamy and "helpfully" counsel Meri to finally leave the family or tend to her B&B full-time?  Will Meri and Janelle have a breakthrough session with Nancy where they commiserate about their fake non-marriages to Kody to become BFFs?  Will the family commission new artwork and mission statements to erase Christine from history?

• Love 14

Christine took a turn at a cooking video. She’s pretty funny. I’m assuming this is her new kitchen. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She was doing this to announce a Pampered Chef party. The proceeds will go to an abuse charity, which she get choked up about. 
Screenshots from the video:

520786E6-B3A3-4331-9CBB-6712B0BF84E0.jpeg

2B3FAFF5-01D8-4BCC-83D0-06AB1567212B.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 10

I don't really see the difference between Meri or Christine. Their relationships with Kody both dissolved. They both live independently now. They both  only connect with Kody because of the kids. Meri, not "formally" leaving doesnt make her a wimp in my mind. She's gone anyway and her attempts to woo Kody really were all just for ratings probably.  If she doesn't "formally" leave, its for the sake of the show and probably for the sake of being connected with Robyn's family. Christine has 6 kids and great relationships with Janelle's kids - she doesn't need Robyn's family. 

If Meri doesn't "formally" leave she will say its because she made a commitment. I can't fault her for that - even if it's likely only 1/100th of her actual truth. In reality, her life has moved on whether or not it's technically been outed.

I'm happy for Christine. I'm happy for Meri too though. They both found a way to move on. I don't know what to think about Janelle.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

With Christine I think her daughters are her support network and the last two just left. Now with only Truely left she is seeing what lies ahead of her without her children around her. And I am glad to hear she is homeschooling.  I can't imagine what attention would have been put on Truely if the Browns life would filter down to her in public school.

Remember: When Christine registered Truely for school in Flagstaff, Kody's first question was, "Did you tell your teachers that your dad is a cool surfer dude with 4 wives?" or something equally as delusional and inappropriate.

My concerns about Truely's homeschooling are her socialization and the quality of her education.  I thought that she was somewhat of an oddball and loner, and Christine infantilizes her.  Truely is also a bit precocious because of her many older siblings.  Their recent move and various trips would make it harder for Truely to establish friendships or a social base.  

Also, Christine is no longer the stay-at-home mother.  I worry that Truely and her education will take a backseat to Christine's LulaNo salvage sales or Plexus parties.  Also, we've all suffered through Mykelti's language skills and Maddie's critical thinking.

• Love 21
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Christine took a turn at a cooking video. She’s pretty funny. I’m assuming this is her new kitchen. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She was doing this to announce a Pampered Chef party. The proceeds will go to an abuse charity, which she get choked up about. 
Screenshots from the video:

520786E6-B3A3-4331-9CBB-6712B0BF84E0.jpeg

2B3FAFF5-01D8-4BCC-83D0-06AB1567212B.jpeg

Christine looks wonderful.  Dressing sharp and a beautiful, clean kitchen!  You go girl!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Will Janelle forsake her sisterhood with Christine because she's overcome with lust every time that she sees Kody parade around in his tight jeans and ponytail?  Will Robyn advance on her path to monogamy and "helpfully" counsel Meri to finally leave the family or tend to her B&B full-time?  Will Meri and Janelle have a breakthrough session with Nancy where they commiserate about their fake non-marriages to Kody to become BFFs?  Will the family commission new artwork and mission statements to erase Christine from history?

...These are the Days of our Browns

• LOL 18

So, I googled “Christine Brown Utah House” and got several photos.  She’s in a duplex. Remember the photos of her making chairs? That room matches up with her new place. How long ago was that? I’d bet that was when the break happened.

CC6A7419-FC8C-48B7-8179-5A23F53EEFDB.jpegDated Sept 16 on Instagram 

Edited by lindalouwho
Added photo and date
  • Useful 9
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah. I used to get a little on my forehead and just between the brow. I liked it, but haven’t had any in years.  I’m considering it again , though.  It makes me look less intense.  My eyes aren’t as smiley as Christine’s. Lol

I get it repeatedly, eyebrow lift, the works--I even got it in my neck last time. I'm a huge proponent. But I wouldn't blame Christine for not getting it here. As a previous poster mentioned, her face reflects her life, and right now she looks absolutely joyous. I can't imagine wanting to change the joy on that face. I'm so happy for her.

• Love 12
On 11/11/2021 at 9:49 PM, GeeGolly said:

In the People article Christine said she is enjoying how simple life is now.

Would be another fitting thread title: Christine Brown: The simple life ;-)

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

So, I googled “Christine Brown Utah House” and got several photos.  She’s in a duplex. Remember the photos of her making chairs? That room matches up with her new place. How long ago was that? I’d bet that was when the break happened.

CC6A7419-FC8C-48B7-8179-5A23F53EEFDB.jpegDated Sept 16 on Instagram 

Edited 6 hours ago by lindalouwho · Reason: Added photo and date

Ah yes, the "check out my new bar stools while I hold this urine sample in front of them" photo. 

Awesome putting this together with a date, thanks! Does anyone know or remember about when filming might have ended? That might tell us how much actual leaving drama, if any, will be on the season.

If Real Christine left in Sept, will TV Christine leave before 2025??? 😆 Okay maybe it's not quite that bad...but it is a bad lag, and we're all going to be frustrated with it.

My bet is at best, we will be subjected to a whole season of nonsense, with perhaps Christine leaving at the very end of the season.

• Love 14

When did Ysabel have her surgery? September 2020?

The last episode aired in April 2021, so if we go by Ysabel's surgery, they're about 7 or 8 months behind real time.

Came back to add after reading @ginger90' post - probably more like 1 year behind. If Avalon's birth is the last episode this season, then exactly one year.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When did Ysabel have her surgery? September 2020?

The last episode aired in April 2021, so if we go by Ysabel's surgery, they're about 7 or 8 months behind real time.

I feel confused 🤔 

The time during Ysabel’s surgery hasn’t aired yet, has it?

Mykelti’s birth story hasn’t aired yet either, has it?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

If Real Christine left in Sept, will TV Christine leave before 2025??? 😆 Okay maybe it's not quite that bad...but it is a bad lag, and we're all going to be frustrated bored with it.

There, fixed that for you.

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Nope.  So the "new" season will contain old, stale news.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I feel confused 🤔 

I'm confused too.

Avalon was born in April of this year so if they are 7 - 8 months behind real time, her birth episode would be this season. If they actually show Ysabel's surgery, with the break between seasons, it puts them a little over a year behind and Avalon's birth would be the last episode. 

S15 E11

The pandemic is pulling the Brown family apart, and tensions rise; Kody refuses to travel with Christine for Ysabel's surgery; Christine gathers the wives for a pitch to move back to Utah, which ends in tears as she questions her marriage to Kody.

Air date: April 18, 2021

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m considering it, also. When I have enough saved up it’ll be a gift to myself. 

At least Christine seems much happier and will likely never consider a return to Kodyland. Reading all the updates coming out has been telling—she’s like a whole new, happier person discovering a new way of life for the first time. 

I knew she still had that spark in her, you could see it in her smiling eyes as you said. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm happy for Christine. I'm happy for Meri too though. They both found a way to move on. I don't know what to think about Janelle.

Janelle will stay around. Her relationship with Kody has “evolved”into a solid friendship. She sees him every now and then and in between, he leaves her alone. She can do whatever she wants, no matter how stupid. Nobody is chasing her around or forcing her to clean or tidy up. Oh and she doesn’t like drama and in this situation, there is none. I think she’s quite content with the way things are.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why are they so far behind?  Makes no sense with social media, Reddit and people magazine telling everything. 

It’s like yesterday’s news!

It takes some time to produce the show, I'd imagine, plus slotting it in with other programming. I don't know if that accounts for all the delay but that must be at least part of it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why are they so far behind?  Makes no sense with social media, Reddit and people magazine telling everything. 

It’s like yesterday’s news!

Assuming they are trying to get two seasons out of this.  Firstly, its probably too hard to hide it anymore. But secondly, they timed the announcement to boost ratings for this season. So this season will be all the "crumbling" -- thinking about things, traveling ALONE for Ysabel's surgery, wanting to move to Utah, the birth of Avalon. Season will end with "I want to be near my kids and grandkids. Kody hasn't been here."  Then they will want us to tune in for the next season that shows documents the actual split and her moving to her new house. 

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Janelle will stay around. Her relationship with Kody has “evolved”into a solid friendship. She sees him every now and then and in between, he leaves her alone. She can do whatever she wants, no matter how stupid. Nobody is chasing her around or forcing her to clean or tidy up. Oh and she doesn’t like drama and in this situation, there is none. I think she’s quite content with the way things are.

Agree. Her kids are going to want to be with Christine for the holidays and not Kody. So that might be interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It takes some time to produce the show, I'd imagine, plus slotting it in with other programming. I don't know if that accounts for all the delay but that must be at least part of it.

But 7 months?  Seems like they could work smarter than that!

• Love 8

I don't think they are that off on scheduling compared with the other TLC shows.  The pandemic has also thrown things off with work from home and other complications.  It takes quite some time to get things through post production and TLC seems to like to have post done on all episodes before they begin airing any of a season so they don't hit scheduling problems if something gets delayed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

The seasons are probably also so spaced apart because it takes a lot of time to find anything interesting going on with reality people. That’s why there are always so many trips and weird events they plan because everyday life is too boring for TV even for a polygamous family who seems to pay the bills with air. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

I wonder how Christine's expectations of leaving compare to her actual experience.  Did she think it would be harder, only to find out that she feels lighter than air?  Oftentimes people stay long enough that they find they've already experienced all of the stages of mourning a relationship, and sometimes don't even know it until they're gone. 

It would also be super-duper if Kody saw something in this new Christine that makes him want her so bad, and she tells him to get lost.  Then Robyn would feel the sting of not being the most desired.  She's never had to work through that natural human emotion of jealousy that is their duty as a lowly woman of polygamy.   

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

But 7 months?  Seems like they could work smarter than that!

I don't think they think of themselves as a news show as much as a documentary so them being behind probably doesn't bother them as much.

• Love 4

I’m thinking Christine’s happiness will depend on how financially stable she is. 

Did she plan and save for this great day?  Is she generating income?

I can’t remember did she buy or is she renting the duplex she’s now living in?

It seems to be on the high end cost wise from what I remember. 

• Love 7

I’m thinking Christine’s happiness will depend on how financially stable she is. 

Or at least, how financially stable she convinces herself she is. There is no way that the Browns have ever been financially stable in their years together but she might have had a greater illusion of such stability. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

Oftentimes people stay long enough that they find they've already experienced all of the stages of mourning a relationship, and sometimes don't even know it until they're gone. 

What a fantastic way to put it! 

This is what I experienced when I left my narcissistic, abusive jerk of a husband (which sounds similar to Kody, doesn't it!). I felt I had "stayed too long" and I had probably dealt with most of the emotions beforehand. "Too long" is a very relative thing...I was married only 2 years, but it was 2 years too long! Christine stayed WAY longer than than, but I bet in retrospect she feels like she also stayed too long, and put up with too much.

If Christine's experience with leaving a narcissistic man-child is anything close to mine, then I can assure you, this woman feels like she's just been let out of prison.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I wonder how Christine's expectations of leaving compare to her actual experience.  Did she think it would be harder, only to find out that she feels lighter than air?  Oftentimes people stay long enough that they find they've already experienced all of the stages of mourning a relationship, and sometimes don't even know it until they're gone. 

It would also be super-duper if Kody saw something in this new Christine that makes him want her so bad, and she tells him to get lost.  Then Robyn would feel the sting of not being the most desired.  She's never had to work through that natural human emotion of jealousy that is their duty as a lowly woman of polygamy.   

Christine has always been better looking than witchy-profile Robyn, IMO.  Heavier at one time, but still looked better, and now?  Christine is slimmer, prettier, and has a better personality than Robyn the frump.  

I would LOVE it if Kootie actually got hot for Christine, and if she would tell him to go piss up a rope.  Robyn being jealous of Christine would be wonderful to see.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

I've had the pleasure of chatting w/Christine on a few occasions. I found her to be absolutely lovely!  Smart, warm, compassionate.  Kody should kiss the ground she walks on, for all she has done for the fambly.  Thank goodness she was there and willing to raise the older children.  They seem to have turned out well.  Sure, some have their quirks, but NOBODY is perfect.  Could you imagine if it had been Meri or Janelle who raised them?  Sweet Jesus!  The Brown fambly was very blessed to have had her.

I am beyond thrilled for this next chapter in her life.  Whichever path she chooses, it will no doubt be better than having stayed with Kody.  I do hope she decides to write a book.  I'd for sure buy it...not just for the juicy details (of which I'm sure there'd be many!) but to help support her on her new fulfilling journey.  I'd love to see her maybe go back to school and become an early childhood educator.  I think there she'd really  thrive!

She seems to have the personality for it. I also hope she writes a book. That? Is something I’d buy. 

• Love 12

I’m going to reserve judgment on just how great New Christine is. The timing of the announcement is suspect. And we all know that she has always been the loudest mouth for polygamy, which I’m sure in the vast majority of cases is so inherently abusive and wrong on so many levels. Time will tell if she’s grown past polygamy or just Kody. 

Right now I’m thinking that her jealousy just got the best of her (and rightfully so) and she couldn’t take it anymore. She probably kept getting comments from her “fans/LulaNo Suckers” and maybe even read some things online. It probably helped to validate what she’s always felt about Robyn being the favorite. She left because she wants what Robyn has. Not because she’s all of a sudden wised up about polygamy. I’d love for her to prove me wrong. Except I don’t trust half of what any of them say, including Christine. But I do think that was a beautiful and brave move to leave Kody. And I agree that Meri is seething that she didn’t do it first.

Janelle is hopeless. Robyn’s a snake.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I’m going to reserve judgment on just how great New Christine is.

Ditto. Let's see what's in place a year from now.  Going back to school?  Finding gainful employment?  I doubt that will happen.  She spent all that money to become a real estate agent but found out she actually had to, you know, work so that was the end of that.  She's used to the gravy train, I can't see her giving up shilling and grifting and neglecting her kids at Kootie's whim.  It's in her DNA.

• Love 11

If we look at the big picture of the mess that has always been the Browns, the way things are panning out kind of make sense. Christine's family role was always the mom, Janelle's was kind of the step-dad, Meri's was the (mean) step-mom and Kody the (absent) dad. Then came Robyn.

Christine is now close to being an empty nester, Janelle doesn't have a real job, Meri has no wives and no kids at home and Kody has amped up his on going life crises to a full blown midlife crisis - Robyn.

The natural course of life, Robyn and the pandemic has forced all of the Browns to redefine who they are within the family and individually. They were a mess before, so it makes sense that they're a mess now.

It seems Christine is the only one willing to try and distance herself from the family in order to figure things out.

• Love 6

I really doubt that the announcement has something to do with timing to boost the show, though it is oddly coincidental.

If anything; this announcement is a stab in the back because it completely defies the purpose of this show; showing how happy a (plural) marriage can be. I'd even go as far as believing that it will cost them viewers who will now believe they were watching a scam after all.

If there is anything suspicious going on, it was probably Kody trying to convince Christine to keep their divorce behind closed doors for as long as possible to guarantee the broadcast of the upcoming season. Imagine the horror of handing back the pay check to TLC because the season is cancelled! Money that's long gone....

• Love 5

I think Christine has money. Maybe $25,000 per episode.  I don’t think they have a ‘family pot’ like they did in Lehi when they were living plural. I know Kody spoke of there being one when they had the family meeting about Meri buying the B & B.   I call bs  

Back then they only had Kody, Meri and Janelle s earnings.   Christine was in charge of children. One home to maintain out of the pot. 

Now they have their own separate lives and paychecks from the show and various business. 

For example. Teen moms are all living large. Roloff family are well set even those no longer appearing. 

Christine will be just fine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Christine has money. Maybe $25,000 per episode.  I don’t think they have a ‘family pot’ like they did in Lehi when they were living plural. I know Kody spoke of there being one when they had the family meeting about Meri buying the B & B.   I call bs  

Back then they only had Kody, Meri and Janelle s earnings.   Christine was in charge of children. One home to maintain out of the pot. 

Now they have their own separate lives and paychecks from the show and various business. 

For example. Teen moms are all living large. Roloff family are well set even those no longer appearing. 

Christine will be just fine. 

We also have to keep in mind that she's had 6 kids to support.  Medical expenses, college tuitions, etc for those kids.  That's A LOT of $$$$

• Love 6
1 minute ago, say whaaaaa said:

We also have to keep in mind that she's had 6 kids to support.  Medical expenses, college tuitions, etc for those kids.  That's A LOT of $$$$

Which Kootie never pays for.  He spends it all on Robyn and her spawn, never mind his other 12-13 kids.  Early on, Meri took 1/3 of the money with her family of two.  Janelle and Christine had families of seven, for the same 1/3 each.  So Meri & Mariah got the same amount with five less kids!  

No way would I put up with any of that.  It took over 25 years for Christine to wise up and leave that insanity, and I'm hopeful she stays gone for good. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Christine has money. Maybe $25,000 per episode

The 25k is what the entire family gets paid per episode! Well, at least according to the rumors on the internet, which say that 10% of the episode’s budget is paid to the family. (25-40k) Divide it by 5, then tax deduction…. If Christine is lucky, she makes anywhere between 40-50k per season.

While a pretty substantial sum of money, I’d say it’s just tip money for what it cost her family. For that amount of money I would never ever expose my family life to national tv, give up my privacy and ruin the lives of my kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I have a memory of in one of the earlier seasons Kody said they split the TV money six ways.  Each of the adults got an equal share (5 shares) and another share went into the family pot to cover unexpected or large expenses.  I think college was in there.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Right now I’m thinking that her jealousy just got the best of her (and rightfully so) and she couldn’t take it anymore

I hate to call it jealousy, it's just plain old, your not treating me the way you treat Robyn.  I think she finally came to the realization that Kody doesn't love her enough to make an effort.

• Love 14

I have to disagree on the money.  I watch several reality shows.  None of the players work and they are all living large.

teen Mom has five moms, plus husbands, exs, family members and kids appearing on the show.  McMansions for some. Kail and Maci and all of them drive huge fancy cars.

The Roloff boys have left the show and don't work Jeremy and Jacob but are living pretty fancy.  One still working Zack in a million dollar new home.Zack

I think there's gold in them there hills!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

She left because she wants what Robyn has. Not because she’s all of a sudden wised up about polygamy.

Loved your whole post but I just wanted to point this out in particular...

I'm not trying to pile on Christine - but I'm not a huge fan, either. For reasons you mentioned, and for the reasons that @Cetacean mentioned, like that Christine always has and probably always will, rather chew her own foot off than do an honest day's work, Christine is not someone I'm going to go all "fan girl" about. I hope she makes the best of her new freedom, but she's still just a grifter, and not someone I'm going to look up to.

Anyway...a big "yes" to that she wants want Robyn has. I know it's easy for people to hate Robyn because she's the favorite and the youngest, and the LAST wife, but Christine was totally cool with that arrangement...as long as it was her who was youngest, last, etc.

Back in the days before Robyn, I think Christine saw herself as the youngest, bubbliest, flirtiest, and LAST wife. She may have even deluded herself into thinking she was the favorite, although I don't think she ever was. And she was just fine with that.

When Christine says she only ever wanted to be a third wife, she's not being entirely truthful, with us or herself. Whether she knows it or not, what she really wanted was to be the youngest, favorite, and last wife. To be that last one, where the guy says "Okay, NOW I've found total fulfillment and I don't need to take on any more wives."

And she was devastated when Robyn came along, and became exactly that. She looked like she was going to have a mental breakdown in some of the Season 1 episodes, when this was happening. It was hard to watch, and I had a lot of sympathy for her, but she even said "It feels like I'm being replaced"...yeah, as LAST wife.

Christine did a lot of the same things Robyn did, we just don't have it on tape. She was the interloper at one time, who came into an established group, dating Kody while Janelle was pregnant, being fine with courting a married man, and expecting everyone to be fine with the fact that she was the new, bubbly young thing. But she sure wasn't okay with it when Robyn did it to her.

I wish she'd have left for the real, deeper, important reasons...like that this is toxic to her and her children...but I fear that she left mostly because she finally realized that she'll never be the favorite. 

I hope she gets a lot of therapy now that she's away from this dysfunctional bunch, and gets out of that junior high age, "compete and fight and scratch and claw against other women to be the favorite" headspace. That is where the polygamy cult wants women to be, and where most of them are...arrested development, at the junior high/boy crazy level.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have to disagree on the money.  I watch several reality shows.  None of the players work and they are all living large.

teen Mom has five moms, plus husbands, exs, family members and kids appearing on the show.  McMansions for some. Kail and Maci and all of them drive huge fancy cars.

The Roloff boys have left the show and don't work Jeremy and Jacob but are living pretty fancy.  One still working Zack in a million dollar new home.Zack

I think there's gold in them there hills!

Assets are poor proof for actual wealth as virtually everything can now be leased or otherwise bought with loans. Some families live in parts of the country that have “cheap” houses compared to other areas. We all know that in rural areas of some states you can buy a mansion with the same money that buys you a small condo in a big city (but must admit that I don’t know where those teen moms live.)

As for other reality stars: The Duggar mansion was finished with TLC help, but Jim Bob runs a few businesses of his own. The Roloffs have (had?) their pumpkin farm which they seem to have turned into a money machine (because of their fame, but still). Jeremy has a bunch of online ventures and both Molly and Jake have regular jobs. Zach does seem to live of the show.
Adam Busby has a job, he runs his own business and his work and him looking for projects have frequently been shown in the show.
Let’s see… what else? Don’t know about Kate, but Jon was  virtually broke about 10 years ago, having a few low-paid jobs to make ends meet. The “stars” from my big fat wedding are all gypsies who tend to lead a rather lavish life (at least from the outside) in general, so nothing new either. The boats from Deadliest catch still fish year round, despite their immense popularity.

In short, yes I am sure, some lead a lazy life, being able to live of the show. For most, I think it’s a nice way to make decent money but they still have jobs and/or other ventures. Probably because they know that fame doesn’t last and because the money isn’t enough to lead a carefree life for the rest of your life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Assets are poor proof for actual wealth as virtually everything can now be leased or otherwise bought with loans.

I think the Browns rob Peter to pay Paul and when that fails they always have the bankruptcy option to fall back on - they are experts on that.  I bet they don't have a red cent in savings and we already know they have no health insurance and minimal auto insurance as evidenced by the difficulty in paying medical bills and Christine shilling her followers to pay for Ysabels back surgery.

There are a lot of people out there who buy big houses and don't have a stick of furniture in them.  I'd wager the Browns own virtually nothing and/or have squandered every penny they have made.  Thus the frantic drive to keep the TLC money flowing - dangle the Christine story to lock in another season and then I suppose they will be trumpeting the Wedding of the Century for Princess Mariah.  

• Love 16