Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Christine was the most hurt when Kody married Robyn. Christine was the most upset as she moved to Flagstaff and reflected on her life. Kody most definitely held it against her when she shattered his one house dream. 

Add in the pandemic. Now in this case, I cannot hate on Kody for wanting to enforce precautionary measures. We have to remember that filming is delayed. So Christine was ignoring safety recommendations before vaccines, before testing, before masks even. I cannot fault Kody for being irritated about that. At some point, maybe he started using the pandemic as a convenient reason to not visit - but I can understand his point of view and probably his disappointment. 

I think the surgery was a breaking point. I still don't fully understand why they had to go to NJ during the summer surge either. But the way Kody handled that discussion was not appropriate. Some arrangements could have been worked out. Options could have been explored.  He could have gone. 

I also think it's interesting to note that in an April 2021 interview Christine commented on the episodes where Kody ripped Meri apart. As much as Christine might resent Meri for past issues, it's got to say something when you see a man treat another sister wife like that. 

There is essentially no reason for Christine to stay in the relationship. Good for her to see that.

• Love 13

I agree that the onset of the pandemic threw the Browns through a complicated loop. Christine and Janelle pretty much ignored all precautions from the start and continued to do so. But I can't help but think if Robyn was the one ignoring precautions Kody still would have followed her lead. So either way, IMO, Kody would have been spending the majority of time with Robyn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree that the onset of the pandemic threw the Browns through a complicated loop. Christine and Janelle pretty much ignored all precautions from the start and continued to do so. But I can't help but think if Robyn was the one ignoring precautions Kody still would have followed her lead. So either way, IMO, Kody would have been spending the majority of time with Robyn.

I agree. Whether Kody likes it or not, Robyn is the head wife and he's her follower.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Christine was the most hurt when Kody married Robyn. Christine was the most upset as she moved to Flagstaff and reflected on her life. Kody most definitely held it against her when she shattered his one house dream. 

Add in the pandemic. Now in this case, I cannot hate on Kody for wanting to enforce precautionary measures. We have to remember that filming is delayed. So Christine was ignoring safety recommendations before vaccines, before testing, before masks even. I cannot fault Kody for being irritated about that. At some point, maybe he started using the pandemic as a convenient reason to not visit - but I can understand his point of view and probably his disappointment. 

I think the surgery was a breaking point. I still don't fully understand why they had to go to NJ during the summer surge either. But the way Kody handled that discussion was not appropriate. Some arrangements could have been worked out. Options could have been explored.  He could have gone. 

I also think it's interesting to note that in an April 2021 interview Christine commented on the episodes where Kody ripped Meri apart. As much as Christine might resent Meri for past issues, it's got to say something when you see a man treat another sister wife like that. 

There is essentially no reason for Christine to stay in the relationship. Good for her to see that.

MeriKody were already courting Robyn when Christine found out. In s2 or s3, she complained about Kody not talking to her, bc he was constantly  looking at his phone. Robyn, the ultimate  photo bomber, face called Kody during his outside convo w/ Meri about Mariah and Audrey leaving to help Bonnie at B&B. 

And he's beyond sh*tty to his children with her. 

• Love 15

And what about the God-awful timing of that courtship with Christine heavily pregnant with Kody’s child. She deserved to be pampered and supported, but instead got an absent, not very caring husband who was madly in love with someone else.

Oh and don’t forget Kody bombing that doctor with IVF questions for Meri when Christine was in labor? I’ll never forget that sad scene… I was like “you’re asking WHAT? NOW?”

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Plexus is a rockstar! It gave me courage to leave Kody. It also washed my car, packed my house and cooked dinner. You too can have a new life if you DM me now! Special: every purchase comes with a Be Strong charm. 

And a ramen ringlet 🤣 or a rice crispy treat 

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

At that time, the rental Janelle was occupying had a granny flat in the basement and she wasn't aware the landlord would be offering the house for sale.  It amazed me that not one of them suggested that Gabe and Garrison isolate themselves from the rest of the family there and come and go to work and school. I don't recall reckless behavior on Christine's part, it may have been that she wasn't restricting Ysabel and Gwen, who were still at home at that time from socializing with friends outside their bubble.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

At that time, the rental Janelle was occupying had a granny flat in the basement and she wasn't aware the landlord would be offering the house for sale.  It amazed me that not one of them suggested that Gabe and Garrison isolate themselves from the rest of the family there and come and go to work and school. I don't recall reckless behavior on Christine's part, it may have been that she wasn't restricting Ysabel and Gwen, who were still at home at that time from socializing with friends outside their bubble.

In the beginning of the pandemic I'm not sure Christine was actually reckless in her behaviors, as much as she was reckless in her attitude. She called much of the restrictions ridiculous in a broader sense and even more so within her family. Fortunately, early on there wasn't much she could do to break the rules, but as time passed, she ignored many of the protocols and only followed them when and where they were enforced.

I believe she did finally get vaccinated, but as recently as a couple of weeks ago, she sort of mocked covid again, when Truely came down with a cold.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It makes me sad when I think Kootie has probably never seen his third grandchild.  I would think someone would have posted that scarecrow wannabe with little Avalon, if he had made an effort to see her.

Scarecrow is a good description. 

oz-scarecrow.gif

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Plexus is a rockstar! It gave me courage to leave Kody. It also washed my car, packed my house and cooked dinner.  

And it stays crunchy even in milk!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Plexus is a rockstar! It gave me courage to leave Kody. It also washed my car, packed my house and cooked dinner.  

And it stays crunchy even in milk!

Just please tell me they're not giving that shit to the baby.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, NoWhammies said:

My theory is that Meri is now in it solely for spite. She's not gonna give Kodouche and Sobyn the satisfaction of "leaving." 

which in a weird way, I love!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

which in a weird way, I love!!!

I would kind of love it if Meri was in it for spite, but only if she could twist the knife in Kody more. I think she could throw a lot of shade at him without coming straight out and calling him on his shit. Unfortunately I think she’s in it for real.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If she does decide to get involved with another man, I hope she finds one that will cherish her. Every woman deserves that, especially the ones that have been in abusive relationships. It is my opinion that Kody was, at the very least, emotionally abusive to her.

100% agree. He was positively horrible to her.

• Love 18

Christine Brown is 49 years old. By today's standards she is a young woman. I hope that she takes this time to take care of herself and decide what she wants to do with the rest of her life. If I were Christine the last thing that I would be doing is looking for a man.  Going back to school for some training and looking or a job and standing on my own two feet would be my priority.  That picture of Christine is beautiful. Just sad that she is using this to shill that crap she sells.  Other than this I have a felling that she planned this move and she has the support of her children and other family members. I hope so. 

• Love 20

I’m still glad Christine left, but I suddenly remembered some passages from the book they wrote and did a quick scan tonight….
Their marriage was doomed from the start! Christine was desperate to have Kody and did everything she could to get him. Kody expressed his doubt and the speed with which they progressed from the moment they met. Unfortunately, he didn’t have the balls to step up and deal with it, so before either of them realised, they were married. The love sick devotion Christine had for Kody was what made her accept everything for 25 years (that’s what I think) and Kody’s attitude towards her probably stems from the start and the realisation that he should not have married her in the first place. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Should we change the name of this thread to: Christine Brown - She Wanted a Family, But Not the Man?

Grifter Lives already said what I posted, before I read all the posts

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, jennblevins said:

Have either of them actually said “divorce,” or are they just talking about “leaving”?  If it’s the latter, I suspect something’s up — or, I suppose, they’re admitting that what they had (at least at the end) was never anything approaching a marriage, no matter how often they said it was. 

But they aren’t really legally married so divorce is just a word…..leaving is ending.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, endure said:

But they aren’t really legally married so divorce is just a word…..leaving is ending.  

Exactly they established the relationship and they can just as easily end it.  The courts would only be involved if they can not amicably or reasonably settle any joint property issues or child support or potentially distribution of joint income such as the show.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, endure said:

We know there was some sort of "spiritual" ceremony (hence the wedding dresses) but they were still part of a church at that time.  Now that they've been booted out of that, I guess any kind of official separation will not be forthcoming.  Which brings us back to the planetary conundrum.  Guess Christine will just be out there in space, floating around.

Edited by Cetacean
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Which brings us back to the planetary conundrum.  Guess Christine will just be out there is space, floating around.

She may have come to the realization that she has spent the last 25 years floating in limbo in a marriage without reciprocated love, so why would she want to spend eternity with more of the same.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Which brings us back to the planetary conundrum.  Guess Christine will just be out there in space, floating around.

I'd say first one would have to believe that particular tenet.  I don't so I have no concerns about Christine.  Perhaps she's given up on AUB beliefs since they haven't served her well and she can go on without any concern about it.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Were they booted out of their community? I know the mainstream Mormon church wouldn't allow a couple of the kids to join, but I'm not recalling the parents being booted from the polygamy LDS community.

I'm not sure if they were booted or they voluntarily drifted away.  I know there was some controversy from the AUB over them going public with the show.  They don't appear to have found a community of like-minded people.  There was one incident that showed them conducting a service in one of the living rooms but it was makeshift, so I don't think it is a regular occurrence.

• Love 9

Please forgive me if this has already come up for discussion, but was it ever said at what point Kootie and Robyn began their relationship?  Was it perhaps before Christine got pregnant with Truely?  Was Christine possibly trying, in a last-ditch effort, to stop him from wanting to court Robyn or marry her to further continue the baby train?  The timelines with this shambles of a family are always suspect.  IIRC, the idea of the show came along before Robyn did, and only when Robyn had agreed to join the family, did the show start.  

If this doesn't make sense, I apologize.  Lack of sleep last night is my excuse!😫

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Please forgive me if this has already come up for discussion, but was it ever said at what point Kootie and Robyn began their relationship?  Was it perhaps before Christine got pregnant with Truely?  Was Christine possibly trying, in a last-ditch effort, to stop him from wanting to court Robyn or marry her to further continue the baby train?  The timelines with this shambles of a family are always suspect.  IIRC, the idea of the show came along before Robyn did, and only when Robyn had agreed to join the family, did the show start.  

If this doesn't make sense, I apologize.  Lack of sleep last night is my excuse!😫

Using the dates on wikipedia for reference...

Kody and Robyn were first "married" on May 22. They stated on the show that they had a 10 month courtship, but haven't really specified if that means they got together and thought about it before the 10 months, or if the 10 months was from seriously thinking about it. So that would have been July-ish the previous year. The cameras show them celebrating Robyn's birthday (and Meri has long hair), so that would have been 7 months pre-wedding in October. They have never in my mind stated clearly how long before the wedding did Kody first meet Robyn.  They talk about the dance that Meri and Kody went to, but never the specific timeline. Because of Meri's change in hair, it looks like filming began around Robyn's birthday.  There are times when Meri has her hair pulled back and you really can't tell what the length is.

The first season plays tiddly with the timeline, since "meet the Browns" has Christine quite pregnant (I don't remember how far she was at that time), yet later in the season is Robyn's birthday which would predate most of the filming (because Meri's hair was short for 99% of the show)

Truely was born in April, which does line up with the same month (July-ish) the previous year.

You can say it is plausible that Christine got pregnant (she said the previous pregnancy ended in a concerning miscarriage) as a response to the beginning of the courtship. There were times on couch sessions that she was definitely showing distress at Robyn entering the family. Janelle at one point said she was shocked that Christine wanted another pregnancy because of the severity of her last.

There was one small conversation that sticks in my mind where Kody told Robyn about the show and Robyn said that she almost pulled out of marrying him because she was scared to go public.  Based on how both of them fiddle with their truth and actuality....it can be taken with a grain of salt.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
On 11/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, GeeGolly said:

In the beginning of the pandemic I'm not sure Christine was actually reckless in her behaviors, as much as she was reckless in her attitude. She called much of the restrictions ridiculous in a broader sense and even more so within her family. Fortunately, early on there wasn't much she could do to break the rules, but as time passed, she ignored many of the protocols and only followed them when and where they were enforced.

I believe she did finally get vaccinated, but as recently as a couple of weeks ago, she sort of mocked covid again, when Truely came down with a cold.

I'm amazed that people won't get a free vaccine. I researched as much as I could, consulted with my health care provider, etc etc. I got mine dec. 2020. 

My thoughts on Christine - she was raised in a culture that relied on chiropractal/holistic practitioners. Rulon Allred for example. She probably accepts the vax hesitancy so prevalent in fundies and mainstream Mormons. 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Correction
  • Love 11

So the new season was filmed before Christine left.  That's going to be interesting.

I don't know folks but something seems  fishy about the timing of all of this!

Publicity for a dying reality show?  Maybe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This has people buzzing…. I’m not sure what to think… kind of awkward 

What awkwardness am I missing? Her legs position? The picture is a bit blurry to me.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This has people buzzing…. I’m not sure what to think… kind of awkward 😳

2DE1269C-BE40-445D-BE0E-BD50250526DD.jpeg

It looks like a screen shot. IMO, most screen shots are awkward. Certainly a bad shot of her crotch area if it was a still photo, but really nothing to see here if its a screen shot. Shame on the person who clipped it and posted it. 

(not meaning you, @Joan of Argh!)

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

I completely disagree with how Christine and Janelle handled the pandemic. I do believe they were reckless. However, they handled the pandemic as single mothers, while their baby daddy sat in another house with another woman and did nothing to help parent his children with Janelle or Christine. Kody bitched and moaned, but didn't go live in those houses to help set rules and enforce them with the kids. Instead, he sat at Robyn's house and then went and sat in his car ranting to the car camera. He doesn't appear to have a real relationship with Janelle's sons at all, and they appeared to view him last season with disdain. I can't recall him seeing much of Christine's kids last season AT ALL. Truely wasn't even allowed in Robyn's house, which was the house her father was LIVING IN. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks like a screen shot. IMO, most screen shots are awkward. Certainly a bad shot of her crotch area if it was a still photo, but really nothing to see here if its a screen shot. Shame on the person who clipped it and posted it. 

(not meaning you, @Joan of Argh!)

Apparently it’s a still photo posted by Mykelti… it wasn’t blurry on the other site, not sure why it’s blurry here… I don’t follow Mykelti and only saw it on the other site.

People there thought it was a terrible pic because pervs photoshop pics like that into child porn 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Apparently it’s a still photo posted by Mykelti… it wasn’t blurry on the other site, not sure why it’s blurry here… I don’t follow Mykelti and only saw it on the other site.

People there thought it was a terrible pic because pervs photoshop pics like that into child porn 🤷‍♀️

Well if it is a still, thankfully she took it down. And yea, I get the reason why the pic is bad.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

She didn’t take it down. This is the post. Honestly when I first saw it (3 days ago)  I gave it a WTH.

99EB094C-5F8B-4AA5-993C-4996534FB222.jpeg

Thanks Ginger, I hadn’t seen the original still shot…. JMO but It almost looks worse because her shorts aren’t as distinct.

Jeez…  Mykelti should know better 🙄

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She didn’t take it down. This is the post. Honestly when I first saw it (3 days ago)  I gave it a WTH.

99EB094C-5F8B-4AA5-993C-4996534FB222.jpeg

Ahh, I somehow missed it. Much different picture in its totality. Some folks are so creepy - why crop and make this a close-up?!