Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I think Meri has stayed for a number of reasons. First and foremost she still wants to be Kody's wife. She still loves him and wants him back. Secondly, if Meri had left (to be single), then Janelle and Christine (& Robyn) would have won. Meri spent the better part of 20 years making sure she won every real, and more often imagined, competition with them.

I think Christine spent the better part of 20 years pretending she had sister wives but Kody didn't have other wives. Christine was only competing for Kody's time, Kody's attention and to matter.

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

I don't think Christine will marry someone else within the plyg faith. The whole point is to have as many wives and make a ton of kids. Christine is past the baby making stage. Hopefully she finds some nice LDS guy to enjoy a monogamous relationship in this stage of her life. Before Sobyn, she was the peppy one in the family. 

I agree.  They all have wives to spare.  But maybe, if she leaves the show, she might find an older LDS man whose wife has passed and children are grown.  I could see her thriving in a relationship just similar enough to her religion and where she is the center of attention.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

but after the hell that she has been through called Kody, I doubt she wants anything to do with another relationship. A man would just want to control her, to make her fit into his world and Christine is free now.

if she chooses the right man she might finally get attention, appreciation and affection.  But she'll be gun shy about being controlled. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Meri has stayed for a number of reasons. First and foremost she still wants to be Kody's wife. She still loves him and wants him back. Secondly, if Meri had left (to be single), then Janelle and Christine (& Robyn) would have won. Meri spent the better part of 20 years making sure she won every real, and more often imagined, competition with them.

I think Christine spent the better part of 20 years pretending she had sister wives but Kody didn't have other wives. Christine was only competing for Kody's time, Kody's attention and to matter.

Meri is stupid if she thinks there’s any chance at all—Kody could vomit on Meri and Meri would wipe it off as if nothing happened and then awkwardly flirt some more—she’s that dumb. It was so awkward during last season’s episode when Meri tried to flirt and Kody was visibly repulsed. 

At least Christine accepted the fact that she was not wanted and moved on with her life—and she could still get a TLC paycheck if they film her separately.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

in fact she was quite correct in her word choice.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t mean she meant to type it that way. The letters are next to each other.

Her reply when someone jokingly commented:

2A7DA275-8C42-489D-A736-201E32EE73E8.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle hasn't left because she is lazy.  Leaving would mean she's have to locate her special "leaving" shoes in one of her 45 moving boxes and she doesn't have the time.

🤣🤣👟🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, greekmom said:

Just came here to put my 2 cents in. I watched the show in the beginning and then tapered off when they moved to Vegas.

Out of the original 3, I really thought it would have been Janelle who would have left first followed by Meri and then Christine.

I now wonder if Meri will spin it that she left first with the set up of the B&B and was just going back and filming just for the sake of the show (which would then make her out to be a liar for a "reality" tv program).

I also seriously wonder why Janelle hasn't left. I mean I don't think there is anything there between her and the Koduche.  He's a one woman man with Sobyn.

Wonder if Meri curses the day she brought Sobyn in the fold.

Cause it would take effort.  Lazy AF.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I see a best selling book for somebody brave enough to tell all.    I wonder if they are under some contract to never, never tell who did what to whom?

I wonder if she broke her contract with TLC, or if they made her sign a non-disclosure. Can't keep up the Sister Wives charade when one of them puts out a tell-all. I'd love to hear from Christine what the TRUE story is, though. Girl would make a killing putting out a book.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, shoovenbooty said:

I wonder if she broke her contract with TLC, or if they made her sign a non-disclosure. Can't keep up the Sister Wives charade when one of them puts out a tell-all. I'd love to hear from Christine what the TRUE story is, though. Girl would make a killing putting out a book.

If there IS an NDA, there are likely ways around it. After all, don't they already have a (lol) NYT best seller out about their early lives? A decent attorney (hell, a 2nd year law student*) could read any potential NDA to find out what her options are.

*A law student would be incapable of maintaining attorney-client confidentiality and if the presence OR contents of the NDA are intended to be kept confidential, she'd get in trouble for sharing it with them, so I am not advocating this. Just saying that NDAs are fairly simple to dissect. She could probably read it herself and get an idea of what it covers and if/when it expires.

• Love 6

Makes sense. I only just learned that their season was coming up later this month (no idea how long they've been airing commercials, but it's likely a recent thing), so they probably asked her to sit on her departure and her announcement was strategic to drive interest. Even on this forum, everyone was complaining that it was more pandemic boredom. I only considered tuning in after I saw the announcement that she's leaving on these boards, and I suspect I'm not alone.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

P.S. Make sure your lawyer knows how much Kody and Robyn's house is worth. ;)

The thing is, Christine has no legal claim to anything that is Kody's because she was never married to him. She can get child support though, right? Two of the kids are still minors, but the money would be theirs and not hers. 

Edited by sioux21
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Christine should consider herself lucky because I don't think Kody has anything beyond Coyote Pass, and I believe the 4 of them own that. Robyn, being his legal wife would be entitled to assets, but again, I think Kody has more debt than assets.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

She's entitled to her house equity, her share of Coyote Pass, and child support for Truely.  Her other children are 18 and over.  I think that's all she could get unless Arizona does palimony, but would that work since he has a legal wife?  I doubt it.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does this mean they scrapped the remainder of the pandemic episodes and filmed more recent ones, or that Christine left many months ago?

5 hours ago, sandals said:

I believe she left months ago. 

In hindsight, it makes sense that this all started when Kody was removed from Christine's mortgage.  If this is the case, I really applaud her for making sure (hopefully) she gets all the benefits of that house. 

I thought that it was so he could qualify with Robyn for the McMansion.  That still might have been a factor.  But it also might have been a factor when he and Robyn bought that too-big home on the heels of making everyone move to Flagstaff on the premise that they would move to Coyote Pass.  

Obviously that wasn't going to happen after he and Robyn bought their gaudy home plus a plot of land next to it. 

So then Christine puts the house of for sale and finds a place to rent in Utah where she stated she wanted to move last season.  

She then takes a farewell vacation with the only other wife she can tolerate - Janell - and also probably so that the last two minor children from the original family can spend some time together before Christine and Truley move to Utah. 

Then they come home and make the public announcement that she is, in fact, leaving Kody.  

I still think there is a tiny possibility that this is all to keep the show going, but only time will tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Christine should consider herself lucky because I don't think Kody has anything beyond Coyote Pass, and I believe the 4 of them own that. Robyn, being his legal wife would be entitled to assets, but again, I think Kody has more debt than assets.

I remember the meeting they all had where Meri wanted money to buy the B & B.  Weren't they talking about some family pot they dipped into for large expenses?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Christine pass her real estate test a few years back? Maybe she'll try her hand at selling houses.

Christine was apparently surprised that in real estate you work weekends. So, that went poof!

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

Christine was apparently surprised that in real estate you work weekends. So, that went poof!

Christine worked up the energy and balls to leave Kody, but she is still Christine. She will be selling LulaRoe and Plexus and doing Cameos as long as she can support herself doing it. She is entitled to child support from Kody, and that could get interesting if they haven't done all their finances in a legal manner. I knew someone who couldn't sue her ex for money because she herself had worked for 30 years off the books, and the ex would report her to the IRS if she came after him. Hopefully Christine has been reporting all her income and not playing any games. 

Christine will not be working nights, weekends, or any 40 hour per week job unless she's about to starve to death. She would be really good at childcare. She seems like a loving and caring mother who is great with kids.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I remember the meeting they all had where Meri wanted money to buy the B & B.  Weren't they talking about some family pot they dipped into for large expenses?

I think that was just for the show. They might have had a communal pot years ago, but I think if they still do (doubtful especially now with Christine's departure) that is just the show money.  

Meri already knew how she was going to finance the purchase: have her mom sell her home, give Meri the proceeds in exchange for living at the B&B. I doubt that the home selling covered the entire B&B purchase but it probably went a long way towards the down payment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Not only weekends, but nearly 24/7. When a client calls, if you want the sale, you answer and do the work. I once knew a realtor working from the hospital. It’s brutal. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Not only weekends, but nearly 24/7. When a client calls, if you want the sale, you answer and do the work.

Chistine really was a clueless airhead. All that money to take the course and then she was gobsmacked to hear she had to actually work.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
Just now, Cetacean said:

Chistine really was a clueless airhead. All that money to take the course and then she was gobsmacked to hear she had to actually work.  

Yeah and it’s so all over the place. It can be feast or famine and when it’s feast, you may as well forget about having a life outside work. Clients will drop you and find someone else if you’re not Johnny-on-the-spot responsive. 

Christine is definitely not suited for such a job. It can be financially rewarding, but takes a ton of work. She also doesn’t have the personality for it, from what I’ve observed of her. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

I think TLC probably paid for the course and Christine never had any intention of actually selling real estate.

That’s a lot of work for a person to go through, all the studying, to not follow through. I honestly think she didn’t know enough about the job—perhaps she saw how half-assed Janelle was doing it and figured it was easy (there’s another one not suited to that job, Janelle the Lump). 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

My theory is that Meri is now in it solely for spite. She's not gonna give Kodouche and Sobyn the satisfaction of "leaving." 

Now this I may agree with.

Meri is a dug-in tick, ready to release her version of Lyme disease onto them. Which, of course, shows us again that she is toxic. 

Christine is probably the most genuine of them all. Perhaps the timing of the split announcement was intentional, but I believe the split is real. It’s the quiet ones ya gotta watch! 

• Love 17
15 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I think what makes me saddest about this is that Christine actually appeared to be the only wife who loved Kody.  I  think the isolation asshole Kody has created pushed her to the breaking point.  And when I say sad I mean that- for her- I think she thought he was amazing.  And to realize an unrequited love- after 25 years of being together is a lot.

I think this is true as well.  She so badly wanted him to be the man she thought he was, and while she did waste 25 years waiting for him to love her back, at least she has 7 beautiful children from her time with Kody.  And the thing is, while Christine's kids were largely ignored by Kody, they all seemed to turn out pretty normal.  I have to think that it's Christine's girls who finally made her see the light.  As for her kids - they can't miss what they never really had.  So good work, Kodork.  That's a lovely portion of your family who has no real need for you to step up, since you never did it before.  You're off the hook now, you jerk.

47 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

My theory is that Meri is now in it solely for spite. She's not gonna give Kodouche and Sobyn the satisfaction of "leaving." 

What a lovely, cozy family that will remain after Christine is gone for good....Kody, Robyn - who carries Kody's man-parts in her purse, Janelle - a sullen lump eating peanut-butter Fritos from her recliner in the RV and chasing it down with a Plexus cocktail, and Meri - the barnacle that no matter how you try, you cannot scrape her off.  And this is exactly what Kody deserves.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 18

Lol good way to describe Meri.  Like a tick.  Dug in.  I don't think Meri has loved Kody for a long time.  Kody has been over all of them since Robyn. 

I also think pretend Sam shows us Meri has looked with no luck!  She's on the internet looking.  But she has to be very careful because of the show.

Meri and Janelle will both stay and settle for the TLC paychecks.  When that's gone who knows?

Meri seems pretty happy with her Lulu selling, trips and new friends. B&B.

Janelle is content to sit.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think this is true as well.  She so badly wanted him to be the man she thought he was, and while she did waste 25 years waiting for him to love her back, at least she has 7 beautiful children from her time with Kody.

She has 7 kids? I thought she has 6: Aspyn, Mykelti, Paedon, Gwendlyn, Ysabel, and Truely. Only Truely is still at home--Aspyn and Mykelti are both married, Paedon is in the Army (or National Guard?), Gwen moved out--not sure if she's in college or not, Ysabel is in college in North Carolina and living with Maddie (Janelle's daughter) and Caleb Brush and their 2 kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, LilyD said:

On a sad note though…I don’t think she’ll have her own show. Christine will be just another single mum. There are probably a few million of those in the US. Nothing special like 20 kids, a surviving in the wilderness or polygamist husband.

I'd watch her navigate the single life.

This whole experience has had to have shaken up her polygamous belief system and I would like to see how she moves on from there.

Go Christine!  Your settling days are over!

• Love 7

I haven't been in this forum since the last season ended so had to come here when I had some time to comment on this epic news.

I don't think I have been this shocked by a Sister Wives announcement since Meri divorced Kody so he could marry Robyn, in that epic thread aptly titled "the dark wife rises" LOL! Only difference is that I am positively giddy over this news. Honestly, I never expected any of the wives to leave, most especially Meri. Last season showed she is willing to brave any and all humiliations to get back into the Kodsters good graces. He basically said to her face: I don't want your ass. The love is dead! 

On 11/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, Sandy W said:

Good for her!  I knew if she had an ounce of dignity left, it was her only course of action after Kody's outrageous behavior over Ysabel's treatment procedure.  One thing to subject herself to the abuse heaped on herself by him, but no mother worthy of the title would stand for such an attitude from the father of the child.

Kody's demonic disdain - yes, DEMONIC DISDAIN - for Ysabel's very real pain last season was him at his absolute worst, which is saying something! He discounted her physical pain and wanted a teenager to get on a plane BY HERSELF for spinal fucking surgery. Contrast that with how he coddled Robyn's daughter over a fucking panic attacked and my rage knows no bounds!

On 11/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, LilyD said:

Yay, good for Christine! I was one of those who firmly believed she was ready to jump. Glad she did it!

On a sad note though…I don’t think she’ll have her own show. Christine will be just another single mum. There are probably a few million of those in the US. Nothing special like 20 kids, a surviving in the wilderness or polygamist husband.

That is all she has ever been.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Also, my petty self hopes that Meri is jealous that she didn't leave first.  "You don't get to do this."  "Look at the mountain."  That scene was probably scripted, but it turns out that Christine saying, "I can't do marriage with Kody any more" was a true statement.

Somehow I doubt this. I think Meri will see herself as the hero that is even more committed and see this as her chance to get back in Kody's sex rotation as a reward for not leaving and "taking the easy road out."

• Love 17