Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Michael is so damn lucky Sasha listened to that rambling spiel of insecurity and self-depreciation and STILL agreed to go to Martha's Vineyard with him. I just hope Sasha can beat the odds of Michael's track record with women and not wind up dead, tbh.

She better stay out of the water, that's Great White country (or so Jaws has taught me).

Nina, stealing a baby from someone's womb is the royal flush of sins.  Anything Ava's done will lose to that, so shut your piehole.

• Love 12

So we had a conspiracy with the doctor, the cop guarding Ryan's room, Franco (why?), a nurse, another doctor, the mayor and Curtis?  They conspired to illegally remove Ryan's kidney, and they think that is okay?  They literally drugged him and harvested his organ without his knowledge.  Don't they think he is going to mention that he never consented?  I guess they can say he is delusional but it wouldn't take much for this to unravel.  I like Jordan too, but if it is okay to illegally harvest organs from bad people to save good people, well, I am sure that plot was written in some sci-fi series somewhere.  Maybe the Twilight Zone.😱

• Love 4
(edited)

Not okay to illegally harvest Ryan's kidney. He's a horrible person but he should still have the right to decide whether or not to donate his organs. That said, kind of cool to have this giant conspiracy in soap world. So who all was in on it? Obviously Kevin, Laura, Finn, Franco, Elizabeth, and Curtis. What about TJ and Stella?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 5
(edited)

This the level of attention I paid to this. I feel like I missed something. Ryan consented to donating a kidney after the Stella visit. He signed documents, didn't he?

Edited by YaddaYadda
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
22 hours ago, nilyank said:

Why doesn't she call to confirm when she is picking her up?

Because then Sonny and Carly would have to allow Ava to see Avery and can't sneer that she's a terrible mom, etc. It's all stacked against Ava.

I actually think its Ava's belief that she doesn't call first, they can't turn her down over the phone.  Usually, it's easier to tell someone to bugger off over the phone than in person.  Unless your CarSon and you've decided who's parenting who's child.  

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm disappointed in everyone who participated in the ruse to steal Ryan's kidney, especially Curtis.

I couldn't tell today if Curtis was in on it or not.  I was trying to read between the lines, but still wasn't certain.  

• Love 2

Before I comment on today's show which I haven't seen yet, can I just say it made me sick that Sonny was made out to be so magnanimous by giving Ava Avery's picture. Now he's seen as such a saint yet again. This biased, agenda-based writing is beyond gag-inducing.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bannana said:

the mayor

In Laura's defence it doesn't look like she knew in advance.  

2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Sonny was made out to be so magnanimous by giving Ava Avery's picture.

He wasn't being magnanimous, he was being a complete dickwad.  The picture was one that Avery drew, of a family, which I assumed were the Corinthi.  He was rubbing it in that Ava wasn't in the picture.  (at least, that's what I got out of that)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Well, we can all stand in judgment on the decisions made by all those involved in “KidneyGate” but we’d all have hoped for this in the long run. Now that they’ve done what we’d hoped they’d do, we can’t say how awful and immoral it is. I for one am overjoyed that Ryan has been mastered by some decent people. I do hope this is the end of this story. It’s been almost as painful as the Hope/Liam/PhoBeth story on B&B although there’s nothing in history as bad and painful as that story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Where does one go surfing in upstate New York?  And if Joss has been surfing since she was a baby, wouldn't she already have a board?  

I'm not sure I understand Maxie's logic in wanting Ava for the cover.  

• Love 5

Today’s show was a “HUH?” I asked myself that all the way through. The surfing thing was a hoot and totally unbelievable. Who is writing this bullshit? I mean really. Who is being paid real dollars to write this absolute dreck?

• Love 4

Good for TJ for telling Curtis that Jordan's DNR was a good thing. I'm glad it wasn't treated as some ghoulish death wish but as the thoughtful decision it is.

I'm really tired of the Joss-grieves story. I don't need her to be totes fine, but I'm so sick of listening to Carly, Jax, and Sonny going on about how bravestrongandloveswithherwholeheart she is yet she's also some fragile flower who needs to be treated with the softest of kid gloves.

I hope Carly gives Sonny the same "you need to get along" speech that she gave Jax.

"Ava is a grasping, poisonous bitch." Game recognizes game, Nina. STFU. (But I agree her dress is great.)

Why is Nina so hot on Sasha and Michael being a couple? He's dullness personified, even if he is rich, and doesn't she know having Jason, Carly, and Sonny in her (Nina's) life is not something to wish for?

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Sonny was made out to be so magnanimous by giving Ava Avery's picture.

He wasn't being magnanimous, he was being a complete dickwad.  The picture was one that Avery drew, of a family, which I assumed were the Corinthi.  He was rubbing it in that Ava wasn't in the picture.  (at least, that's what I got out of that)

That's how I saw it, too. Another twist of the knife.

The kidney thing is supergross and not even Ryan deserves to unwillingly give up a body part. I hope he can sue everyone into oblivion. Or at least, as @LexieLily mentioned earlier, stalks Jordan to get his kidney back.

They could have made Jordan look slightly disheveled. She looks no different from before the surgery—or any other day.

• Love 4
On 6/4/2019 at 2:19 PM, Hater said:

Steroid Abuse coupled with bad tanning/genes.

I think it's also a question of trying to squeeze into his hitman "uniform" -- literally and figuratively. Billy looked 100 percent better when he went from "Jason" to Drew, and started wearing more relaxed, age-appropriate clothing. When SB was on Y & R he didn't look super-young, but he looked "good" because he was playing a guy without a brush cut and quasi-badass wardrobe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Nina so hot on Sasha and Michael being a couple? He's dullness personified,

My eleven year old has started watching with me (she caught the Ryan/Ava stuff from last week and got interested.  I couldnt' break it to her that the goodness of Ryan/ava is few and far between on this show). Anywho n her words during the Michael/Sasha scene:

Her: "Why is that guy dating that girl?  He looks like he's 12"

Me;  "He's in his 30s"

Her: "Really?  Well, he's really boring too"

I had to laugh.  

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They could have made Jordan look slightly disheveled. She looks no different from before the surgery—or any other day.

Also from my eleven year old:

Her:  Why does she look like she did before the surgery?  Why does her hair look so clean?"

Out of the mouth of babes!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The kidney thing is supergross and not even Ryan deserves to unwillingly give up a body part. I hope he can sue everyone into oblivion. Or at least, as @LexieLily mentioned earlier, stalks Jordan to get his kidney back.

Does everyone involved (I'm mostly looking at you, Kevin) not expect Ryan to figure it out when he wakes up and has a scar that he didn't have before? Like @Linny said earlier I'm disappointed in Kevin for going along with this and with Laura for endorsing it. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

and with Laura for endorsing it. 

Laura's daughter was brutally attacked by Ryan, she's not losing sleep over him having a kidney removed.  I know I wouldn't.  

• Love 9

Pretty boring episode today, but a few thoughts:

- I can't stand Nina, but gosh darnit, she is the best dressed woman on the show. I love everything she wears.

- Why do the wardrobe department dress Maxie, who is younger than Nina, so frumpy? I know KS has put on some weight, but they can still find fashionable clothes for her to wear.

- I think Sasha is the first woman Michael has ever had chemistry with. I like them together.

- What is the point of trying to get Ava on the cover of "Crimson"? Just to humiliate her? How ridiculous. 

• Love 4

Is Port Charles by a large lake?  Apparently lake surfing is a real thing.

Joss may have left her board in Australia.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

It will come as a surprise to no one that Nina and Maxie dumping all over Ava had me rolling up my sleeves to defend her. No one can deny the terrible things Ava's done but it takes a STAGGERING amount of nerve to call her "poisonous" in the same breath as saying stealing Avery from the womb was a chance to "learn" and "rebuild." It's also incredibly gross for Nina to say that because Ava and Kiki had a complicated relationship that Ava's grief isn't genuine. It's sick that Nina and Maxie are maligning Ava for her sins and simultaneously exploiting them for the sake of their precious Crimson.

The plot by Maxie and Nina to put Ava on the magazine to sell more ads but show was a terrible person she is.  First of all, cutting open a pregnant woman to steal her baby isn't an opportunity to "learn and rebuild" it's a horrendous attack that should mean Nina never gets to lord it over Ava. It's also a stupid plan.  Unless they really malign her, in which case Ava should sue, Ava is not only going to present herself as a grieving mother, she's going to show how she push herself in danger to catch the man who murdered her daughter.  I'm really tired on the dumping onto the Jeromes. And Ava and Julian aren't even fat.

I laughed at how fast Nina pushed Sasha out of the office when she heard that Michael was wanting her. Yeah, Sasha is really important to the running of Crimson.

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

This was a long time ago (the '80s), so I may be totally misremembering, but on Days of Our Lives, Jack needed a transplant of something, most likely a kidney, and Steve donated it, but they decided to keep the donor a secret because Jack hated Steve and they were afraid that would make him reject the kidney.  So, maybe they (the writers) should have Jordan reject the kidney when she finds out in order to make it all a big waste of time.

Jordan was already okay with Ryan's kidney saving her life.  (I just want the kidney to be evil. Or Ryan to go after Jordan to get the kidney out because he didn't give his permission.)

In 2019 transplants are so common, I can't imagine accepting a storyline where someone is wilingl to die because he didn't like the donor of an organ that would save his life.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ordan was already okay with Ryan's kidney saving her life.  (I just want the kidney to be evil. Or Ryan to go after Jordan to get the kidney out because he didn't give his permission.)

Maybe it was different in the 80s but in 2019, I can't imagine accepting a storyline where someone is will to die because he didn't like the donor of an organ that would save his life.

Might not be that crazy:

https://www.dovepress.com/psychological-rejection-of-the-transplanted-organ-and-graft-dysfunctio-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-TRRM

And I meant that she would reject because of the morality of how it came to her, not because it was Ryan's.

56 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

- What is the point of trying to get Ava on the cover of "Crimson"? Just to humiliate her? How ridiculous. 

But how? I don't know how they are going to do that.

And more importantly why would the readers of Crimson give a damn about Ava? This is like when they the Real Woman Issue and used only women who lived in Port Charles.

• Love 7

Nina promised Jax that she would increase the circulation in the next three months or he could cut her budget. They're trying for a big September edition to do it.

Maxie said that even if Ava didn't give the readership a big bump, they would be able to charge much more for the ads with Ava on the cover.

Maxie seems to be the one doing all the work running Crimson, Nina just plays around doing photoshioots with no logical reason for why she does what she does.  Nina is like Carly in that they were both given the money for their great lives and have nothing of their own work to show for it.

42 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Might not be that crazy:

https://www.dovepress.com/psychological-rejection-of-the-transplanted-organ-and-graft-dysfunctio-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-TRRM

And I meant that she would reject because of the morality of how it came to her, not because it was Ryan's.

Interesting study. I'm still trying to go through it to understand it. It was done in a location where there is a fair bit of superstition in people (I say that having been born near there) but they made some interesting points, particularly

Females indicated more concerns about the donor than males.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I couldn't tell today if Curtis was in on it or not.  

I think his quick glance away pretty much meant he was in on it.  His body language showed he was clearly uncomfortable.

eta Didn't Crimson feature locals before?  I thought Epiphany was featured in one and Man Landers in another.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

And more importantly why would the readers of Crimson give a damn about Ava? This is like when they the Real Woman Issue and used only women who lived in Port Charles.

I could see Ava being an article *in* the magazine, re "The Woman Who Stopped at Nothing to Catch her Daughter's Killer," but not a cover story.  And I absolutely hate that Nina and Maxie seem to be doing this first and foremost to somehow make Ava more hated, given the glass houses they used to live it. 

• Love 5

That was a great wide angle shot at the end of the episode. It made the hospital look huge. Empty but huge. I’ll give them a little credit for trying something new and creative. Today was GT last aired episode on Y&R. I guess MS (Nina) shouldn’t be too far behind. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

My bad, because I barely looked at the picture since it just looked like a bunch of colored scribbles.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Her: "Why is that guy dating that girl?  He looks like he's 12" 

Me;  "He's in his 30s"

Her: "Really?  Well, he's really boring too"

I say this every single time he's on screen. Kudos to your daughter.

Takes a lot to outhate Sonny and Carly, but Nina might have done it today. Not that she doesn't do it every day. Bitch, you have absolutely zero room to talk. Zero, zip, nada. You terrorized and drugged a pregnant woman, molested her, drugged her giving her a paralytic and then into inducing labor, ripped the baby out of her womb, then kidnapped her and fled to another country all the while taunting her while doing it. Ava had to literally crawl to try and get to Avery before Sonny's stupid ass came in and threatened to kill her. I don't believe for a second Nina was on a psychotic break. She was just spiteful. I hope Ava laughs in her face and turns her down flat, although I'm sure that's not what's going to happen.

The kidney story still isn't interesting me even with the moral dilemma. And although I understand the reasoning behind it, all of the whispering between Laura and Kevin and by Jordan was like nails on a chalkboard. Bring on the misophonia.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Well, we can all stand in judgment on the decisions made by all those involved in “KidneyGate” but we’d all have hoped for this in the long run. Now that they’ve done what we’d hoped they’d do, we can’t say how awful and immoral it is. I for one am overjoyed that Ryan has been mastered by some decent people. I do hope this is the end of this story. It’s been almost as painful as the Hope/Liam/PhoBeth story on B&B although there’s nothing in history as bad and painful as that story.

So we are okay with harvesting the organs of "bad" people to save "good" people?  That is a dystopian future world we might not want to see.

• Love 3

I don’t really think we’re in favor of harvesting the organs of bad people to save good people in real life. However, in soap land, I think we’d certainly consider it to be a good trade because it’s not truly happening. Hope that makes more sense.

• Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t really think we’re in favor of harvesting the organs of bad people to save good people in real life. However, in soap land, I think we’d certainly consider it to be a good trade because it’s not truly happening. Hope that makes more sense.

In real life, there is something called "body autonomy" which means you can't be forced to give blood or donate tissue or organs, even if you're dead. While it would be interesting to see Ryan actually try to pursue a lawsuit  on those grounds, I don't trust the show to do it well. Instead, we have a lot of supposedly moral people  who conspired to deprive someone else of his basic right over his own body. I'm just not sure this was the way to go. Everyone is down in the gutter with Sonny now.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

In the real world, I would find the Ryan story immortal and reprehensible, but this is the soap world and I am loving it

I completely agree.  Terrible thing to do.  However, on this show 'terrible' is a relative thing and nobody sucks more than Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam.  I am enjoying this kidney storyline for the soapy goodness, the cheesy furtive glances, and the fact that S/C/J/S are not involved at all. 

And yes, Ryan stalking Jordan with a scalpel to get his kidney back would be awesome!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Nina so hot on Sasha and Michael being a couple?

Nina told Valentin during the Nurse's Ball that she's hopeful Michael will motivate Sasha to stay in Port Charles. Also, she seems to like the idea of "my daughter" being with a rich, successful CEO. I don't think Nina gives a damn about Michael personally. 

If Ryan had been Kevin, yeah I could see him suing people. But Ryan is a serial killer, so after initially briefly admiring the "evil conspiracy" he's more likely to stalk Jordan,  Kevin, and possibly others. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

First of all, cutting open a pregnant woman to steal her baby isn't an opportunity to "learn and rebuild"

Seriously, WTF was that?! Of course Nina sees it that way, but for Maxie to not even give her a "jigga wha?" look is inexcusable. Ugh, it's almost impressive how this fakakta show manages to dig a little deeper into being the worst.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get the answer is Soaps!, but isn't Crimson, like, a national publication?  So maybe not someone from your mid-level city for a change on the cover?

Isn't Ryan fairly notorious beyond Port Charles? I can see the current story getting some national press, and Ava on the cover of a national magazine isn't entirely preposterous, even for Soaps!™

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That was a great wide angle shot at the end of the episode.

It cracked me up to see the neat box of the elevator. Were they on the top floor of GH? Hee.

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

And yes, Ryan stalking Jordan with a scalpel to get his kidney back would be awesome!

This is the only thing that would save the story for me, TBH. Otherwise it's just gross. There's enough moral high-horsing going on the way it is. I don't need to hear people justifying carving up Ryan without his permission as anything other than wrong, wrong, wrong. 

• Love 3

I thought yesterday was extremely boring....

.....why did Curtis not take TJ into the room with him after Liz finished with Jordan ? I know Curtis is her husband but TJ is her son dammit & deserved to be in there unless Finn mentioned only one visitor at a time but he didn't ....

...also that idiot Nina kept on repeating zzzzzzjerome and I pray that the new Nina doesn't do that 😱

Finally that conversation between Carly and Jax...IMO so boring and unnecessary

• Love 1

So Carly is having yet another genetic test.  Is this the entire pregnancy storyline--her getting tested and everything being fine?  Becaus, jesus, pathetic much, all in the name of giving Sonny and Carly yet another baby to add to their collection.

I did like the last overhead shot, with all the participants in the Great Kidney Caper staring at each other than going their separate ways.  It was well done (for a change).

• Love 8

Exactly !

I love how TJ says "Molly says to tell everyone she loves them" and Auntie says in a happy, sing song voice "oh tell her we love her too.".....(ugh)...

Stella was probably thinking to herself "why isn't that little twit here to support her boyfriend ?"

At least Sasha was suitably horrified at the "I cut her baby out, but shes a cunt, so it's ok!" speech.

Maxie can't really call anyone out on baby shenanigans, with Pillowena and Connie/Georgie hanging out in her closet.  

• Love 6
(edited)

and the fact that S/C/J/S are not involved at all. 

Shhhh.  Don't type so loud.

Maura West is really knocking it out of the park.

Lowlight of the week:  Sonny kicked another cop/DA out of Port Charles.  What's worse is that this vile and violent mobster even murdered her father and still, the DA had to leave like a rodent - scurrying out of PC.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
14 hours ago, paisley said:

Where was Ryan being carted off to?

Pentonville.  to await sentencing on all the murders and such.  

Never mind that I don't think he's even been indicted yet, nor had any sort of preliminary hearing.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Never mind that I don't think he's even been indicted yet, nor had any sort of preliminary hearing.

And he had surgery twice, minutes ago.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

And he had surgery twice, minutes ago.

Plus isn't he still comatose?

i might have missed something because I was talking to a friend while watching he episode, but was there also a big reveal yet about the switch to sign the consent form?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

but was there also a big reveal yet about the switch to sign the consent form?

It wasn't so much a big reveal as Kevin, Laura, Curtis acknowledging that Kevin forged Ryan's signature.

• Love 2