Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Okay, I just burned through the last two weeks worth of episodes and here are my thoughts of what I actually watched.

First, Anna didn’t laugh when Robert told her that she was the love of his life. She teared up, and said “Damn you, Scorpio!” as she tried to hold back her tears. Then took a deep breath and I think, to break the moment, uttered that line from Moonstruck to “Snap out of it!” Which had BOTH of them chuckling.

And thank goodness. He didn’t actually promise never to tell Robin. He clarified he wouldn’t “unless [he] had to.”

And shut up, Anna with your delusional remarks about how Robin has been wanting to make a relationship or whatever she said with this Heinrich! Robin herself told him it would take time to process everything. And unless she appeared between last May and this April, where she SAID such a thing, I’m going to keep telling Anna to STFU. He is NOT FAMILY in the sense he didn’t grow up with Robin.😒😒😒😒🤬🤬🤬

And I don’t care how psychotic Ryan is. The way Stella said they were gonna take his kidney whether he liked it or not, just brought her down to his level.

And wheeling a comatose recovering Ryan to Pentonville is the BIGGEST BUNCH of BULLSHIT, I’ve ever seen. Other shows put cops at the door/keep the suspect under guard until they’ve recovered and arraigned. But par for the course for this FAKAKTA show.

Did love Chase’s glee in getting to arrest Shiloh, and the way he did it. 

This is 2019. I can’t believe that Lucas doesn’t know how cults work. His shock and disbelief at why Willow refused to see or visit Wiley, just didn’t ring true. Unless I missed something and PC lives in a bubble?

And why does Genie’s hair look so much better in the opening credits than in the actual show?

• Love 2

I am confused. If the DA gave a pledge to Shiloh, doesn't that mean she was tattooed and raped?  So then why was she so stunned to hear about what almost happened to Sam?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I am confused. If the DA gave a pledge to Shiloh, doesn't that mean she was tattooed and raped?  So then why was she so stunned to hear about what almost happened to Sam?

The pledge and the tattoing/raping are two different things.  Based on what we saw with Kristina, Shiloh asks for the pledge first, which everyone apparently has to give (why they would all be so stupid is beyond me).  Then, he decides which one he wants in his "inner trust" and those get the tattoo and sexing.  

Margaux was likely not up to the "initiation" part of the procees which involved the sexaul assault.  

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The pledge and the tattoing/raping are two different things.  Based on what we saw with Kristina, Shiloh asks for the pledge first, which everyone apparently has to give (why they would all be so stupid is beyond me).  Then, he decides which one he wants in his "inner trust" and those get the tattoo and sexing.  

Margaux was likely not up to the "initiation" part of the procees which involved the sexaul assault.  

Aha, thanks.  I didn't get that and thought he only asked for pledges from the inner trust people.  

So that is even more stupid on Margaux' part, especially since she is the DA.  

22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wonder if they're ever going to bother to circle back to Idiot Sam getting tattooed or if that's just going to be hand-waved away.

Probably not. At most, we'll get a throwaway line of Sam announcing she had it removed. 

(edited)
Spoiler

I can't believe I enjoyed a scene involving Carly! "You're late to the party" was great but really, all of Julian's lines to Carly were true and well-deserved esp. since she was bashing him in his own business.  I liked Lucas shutting Carly down/explaining that Julian had his back.

The best moment though, was Ava's "wow, she's crazypants" face when Nina was going on and on and on about how great it would be for Ava to be the cover of Crimson. Nina was definitely doing crazy eyes when she said "phoenix." I hope someone gets a screenshot of that and Ava's face. Jax's face in reaction to Nina's announcement was funny, too.

HATE that Chase thanked Jason for not killing Shiloh, and that he felt a need to personally visit Sonny to say that Harmony got arrested and Shiloh was let go and ask for their continued cooperation. 

HATE Kristina kissing Sonny's ass (and everything he said in response), but like that she told Carly "be nice to my boss" when Carly said Julian "butt in" to her conversation with Lucas.

It was nice that Bobbie is so happy to see Jax, but whhyyyy would she think Jax should be so eager to see pictures of/meet Maxie's baby? And why did she ask about Josslyn like she hasn't seen in her ages/ they don't have a relationship? 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Its a great day when Carly , Sonny and Jason get told to butt out!!!

Also great that Ava threw Nina's crazy back at her.

Loved Nina's dress!

Edited by Blackie
threw not through
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And why did she ask about Josslyn like she hasn't seen in her ages/ they don't have a relationship? 

She probably hasn't/we rarely see Joss and Bobbie together (and Joss rarely mentions Bobbie).

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And why did she ask about Josslyn like she hasn't seen in her ages/ they don't have a relationship?

It took me a good minute to remember that Bobbie is Joss' grandmother, since they never show the two together.  Was Bobbie even at Oscar's memorial?  

Someone with a law degree (or has watched more episode of Law and Order than I have) explain to me why Shiloh was released.  Yes, Harmony claims she was the one who put the drugs in the tea, but he still tried to sexually assault Sam.  Plus, I'm sure Willow would also testify to sexual assault.  

Shut up Carly.  this nonsense that family court will get their panties in a bunch if Julian is involved but won't say a word that Sonny is involved makes me want to punch someone in the throat.  

Nina is a complete mental case but she made a fairly decent argument.  

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Someone with a law degree (or has watched more episode of Law and Order than I have) explain to me why Shiloh was released.  Yes, Harmony claims she was the one who put the drugs in the tea, but he still tried to sexually assault Sam.  Plus, I'm sure Willow would also testify to sexual assault.  

I suppose a case could be made for dropping the attempted rape charges if Shilloh allegedly had no knowledge of Harmony drugging Sam. And the only proof they really have of anything is a recording of Shilloh kissing a semi conscious Sam for a couple of minutes....no clothes were even off. The original evidence was already pretty flimsy anyway. It's obviously fishy as hell but it certainly makesfor a very unsolid attempted rape case.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Useful 1

Steve Burton is so so so awful in that preview for tomorrow.

This man is not intimidating, never really was and Jason is just a cardboard gangsta.  Just put Steve's standee that the show tries to sell online and it will do the same job.

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

I suppose a case could be made for dropping the attempted rape charges if Shilloh allegedly had no knowledge of Harmony drugging Sam

But here's the thing, obviously Shiloh's a lying liar who lies and he forced Harmony to lie on his behalf.  But even if he were telling the truth, that Harmony put the drugs in the tea and he had no knowledge, he would still have had to notice that Sam was showing signs of being heavily drugged and not just camomile tea calm.  ( I mean, if KeMo were able to not act like she's sleepy through all of her scenes).  He would have known that he was taking advantage of a woman who was half out of it.  Plus, there was a moment when he had Sam lying on the table, when she was saying no.  

This idea that it's a she said/he said situation shouldn't negate the fact that she said in the first place.  Just like any other rape/attempted rape case.  

• Love 4

I actually laughed out loud art Jason when he punched his hand as Chase left at the end of today's episode. He's attempt at being menacing or whatever he was going for failed miserably.

I missed from about 15 minutes in until 15 minutes remained because of the helicopter crash in New York. Going of of what I saw of Ava and Nina, I missed some hilarious stuff.

• Love 1

What is the line  between attempted rape and rape? Shiloh was unzipping his fly (as the way-too-many crotch shots forced us to see), but we never saw him go further. I feel like even attempted rape is pushing it as far as charging him goes. In a legal sense, I mean. Clearly he was going to fuck her, but then Jason came in and got Sam before anything happened. Shiloh's dick wasn't even out, not that we'd see it. 

Ugh, this show. RAPE IS NOT A PLOT POINT.

• Love 5
Just now, ulkis said:

WOULD SOMEONE GET JASON ADULT CLOTHES. HE LOOKS RIDICULOUS CHILLAXIN IN SONNY'S KITCHEN IN HIS CASUAL HITMAN ENSEMBLE.

NEVER! He dresses like that in real life too.

17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But here's the thing, obviously Shiloh's a lying liar who lies and he forced Harmony to lie on his behalf.  But even if he were telling the truth, that Harmony put the drugs in the tea and he had no knowledge, he would still have had to notice that Sam was showing signs of being heavily drugged and not just camomile tea calm.  ( I mean, if KeMo were able to not act like she's sleepy through all of her scenes).  He would have known that he was taking advantage of a woman who was half out of it.  Plus, there was a moment when he had Sam lying on the table, when she was saying no.  

This idea that it's a she said/he said situation shouldn't negate the fact that she said in the first place.  Just like any other rape/attempted rape case.  

Agree that Shilloh would have to know, but in that case I suppose it would depend how far it went. None of their clothes were off, for starters. All that had happened between them were a couple of kisses. Maybe they could pin some sort of sexual assault thing on him but not much more with that evidence. 

I do think they wrapped things up way too fast, as tends to be the case when the soap gets plot pointy and they would have probably tried to get him on something but it's just not surprising the way this soap rolls

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

What is the line  between attempted rape and rape? Shiloh was unzipping his fly (as the way-too-many crotch shots forced us to see), but we never saw him go further. I feel like even attempted rape is pushing it as far as charging him goes. In a legal sense, I mean. Clearly he was going to fuck her, but then Jason came in and got Sam before anything happened. Shiloh's dick wasn't even out, not that we'd see it. 

Ugh, this show. RAPE IS NOT A PLOT POINT.

And him having his pants unzipped can't even be proven. It's Jason's word against Shilloh's.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I sent an e-mail to Bradford Anderson about the clothes. I'm desperate!

They're just going to think you're a "HATER" of all thing Burton and Jason Morgan.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hey, if it gets Jason to dress not stupidly, it will have been worth it!

I'd prefer he continue to look like an old jackass in his clothes.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I hope the new Nina will have a better hair stylist. Every time I see the supposed editor of an allegedly nationally influential fashion magazine tossing around her straight, bodiless, scraggly, uneven hair, I wonder why in the world someone never said "Anna Wintour" to her. How long would it have taken to stick a bunch of electric rollers on the ends?

Edited by rur
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, rur said:

I hope the new Nina will have a better hair stylist. Every time I see the supposed editor of an allegedly nationally influential fashion magazine tossing around her straight, bodiless, scraggly, uneven hair, I wonder why in the world someone never said "Anna Wintour" to her. How long would it have taken to stick a bunch of electric rollers on the ends?

Same thing applies to Sharon on Y&R. She’s had the same awful hair style for 20 years!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

But here's the thing, obviously Shiloh's a lying liar who lies and he forced Harmony to lie on his behalf.  But even if he were telling the truth, that Harmony put the drugs in the tea and he had no knowledge, he would still have had to notice that Sam was showing signs of being heavily drugged and not just camomile tea calm.

And Sonny is just a coffee importer.

I think Harmony was only too happy to lie on his behalf, to prove what a devoted follower she is.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Lucas shutting Carly down/explaining that Julian had his back.

I didn't see today, but I'm guessing this will be impossible to enjoy because, once it comes out Julian knew something about the baby switch, Lucas will have to go begging forgiveness from his big sis, barf!

• Love 2

Today's episode was preempted by the helicopter crash in NYC, so it will be shown tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

all of Julian's lines to Carly were true and well-deserved esp. since she was bashing him in his own business.  I liked Lucas shutting Carly down/explaining that Julian had his back.

Here's an easy way to avoid Julian, Carly: Don't meet anyone at the gastropub, THE BUSINESS HE OWNS. I hate that the show does this just so people can start slagging Julian. 

I love how Carly went on about how too many people know about Wiley, but of course she's not included in the problem. She'd never tell or do anything to jeopardize things!

Then there's Sonny's total condescension toward Carly eating healthy meals. Oh, look, the master chef is making sure the little lady has a big tasty salad! Spare me.

"That [Kristina's apology and gratitude] makes everything we did to help her worth it." What, exactly, did you do, Sonny, save for yell and threaten?

Legally the gastropub is a private establishment, so Julian can refuse service to anyone he wants as long as they aren't a protected class, which Shiloh certainly isn't. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Today's episode was preempted by the helicopter crash in NYC, so it will be shown tomorrow.

No it won't. most places weren't pre-empted so they're not re-airing.

Edited by ulkis
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Legally the gastropub is a private establishment, so Julian can refuse service to anyone he wants as long as they aren't a protected class, which Shiloh certainly isn't. 

Exactly. He reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Plus, I'd think that harassing the bartender would give Julian cause to throw you out, regardless. Shiloh is being written much stupider than we were originally led to believe. How he could be smart enough to lead the cult for years and get so many followers, but get taken in by Sam's terrible act or act out at Julian's with so many witnesses just doesn't fit.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This Facebook post (which I think is legit) begs to differ:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.54.30 PM.png

This is the full link.

That says March 13, 2013?

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but I'm guessing this will be impossible to enjoy because, once it comes out Julian knew something about the baby switch, Lucas will have to go begging forgiveness from his big sis, barf!

Seems more likely that Lucas will be begging Carly for forgiveness that he trusted Brad when he should have known better given Brad's past re: Rocco as well as other sins, and as a result her grandson was kept from her son/his own nephew all this time. Julian has no idea that the baby is actually related to Carly, so I doubt the focus will be on him (although a Lucas-Julian fight is likely when he finds out what Julian did know). I assume Carly will be gnashing her teeth at Brad and Nelle, if she gets out of prison for a couple scenes.

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Seems more likely that Lucas will be begging Carly for forgiveness that he trusted Brad when he should have known better given Brad's past re: Rocco as well as other sins, and as a result her grandson was kept from her son/his own nephew all this time. 

Lucas having to plead forgiveness for his partner's sins would be rich given the man Carly keeps hitching her wagon to.

• Love 5

And obviously, Brad did a bad thing here (though the show really did him a disservice by not really showing his grief and despair and guilt about the original Wiley) and his past isn't white as snow.  But I'm not looking forward to him being raked over the coals when folks like Sonny and Franco are lauded, and because there is not one person on canvas who will even lend him a friendly ear.  Ugh.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And the fact that Carly and Jason kept Michael from AJ will be ignored.

That doesn't matter.  AJ was a fat alcoholic according to the show.  Well he later became "fat" but you get my drift.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucas having to plead forgiveness for his partner's sins would be rich given the man Carly keeps hitching her wagon to.

The reason I think Lucas will be apologizing/pleading to Carly for forgiveness for trusting Brad is that (temp)Monica apologized to Carly for trusting/welcoming Nelle into the Q home. Carly's response was well if you can be a big enough person to acknowledge you were wrong than I can be a big enough person to accept your apology. I assume Carly's response in this case will be while she appreciates his apology, she knows he could not have predicted that Brad would lie to him every day and do something as awful as keep Michael from being a father to his own son. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Here's an easy way to avoid Julian, Carly: Don't meet anyone at the gastropub, THE BUSINESS HE OWNS. I hate that the show does this just so people can start slagging Julian. 

I love how Carly went on about how too many people know about Wiley, but of course she's not included in the problem. She'd never tell or do anything to jeopardize things!

"Thanks for meeting me."  Yeah, meaning Carly picked the place, even though that awful, awful Julian owns it.  Here's a thought, slagbeast: tell Lucas to meet you at YOUR restaurant if you don't want to see Julian.

And, yeah, it's fine that Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam all know about Wiley, but, ZOMG, not Julian!  He'll blow the whole thing.  Also, great matriarch the show has there, all but saying murder is the best way to handle a problem. 

• Love 6
On 6/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, ciarra said:

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -- Benjamin Franklin (or so the internet says)

Half the town knows at this point.

Okay, I said this on Friday.  Now I'm channeling Carly's dialog.