Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Are we to believe Kim climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro in a fucking pocket T with a little scarf tied around her neck.

Well, her hair was kind of mussed.  So she must have just returned from a 6000 metre mountain hike.  My hair looks like that after a trip to the mall. 

Oscar, he's onscreen more dead than he was when he was alive. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Yes!  Please stop with the Oscar. I could not wait for him to die and now they bring him back?  Stop it!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I thought we were free of Oscar. I don't need his delusional ghost lurking around. This Kilimanjaro deal never should have happened. Just freaking throw him in the crypt and never mention him again.

Can someone bring back a recast Morgan temporarily just to shut Carly up? I saw that preview for tomorrow and was immediately nauseous with NULOCH.

A Gazillion million trillion bazillion times this! Unlike OSCAR, who was blander than the blandest of oatmeal, Stone at least was connected with more people on the show, instead of just Jagger. His story and tragic death had more heart and was so much more nuanced than this unbelievable story of Oscar's glioblastoma and drawn out illness. He should have been dead within a year, two at the most after this diagnosis. And according to Kim and this fakakta show, he'd had it for "YEARS." I was glad to "see" Stone right after his death, even if it was to prop Mooby's miserable ass and to tell him to go after Brenda.

Alas, She Beast Will NEVER SHUT UP.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

And what was with Drew trying to sound like Oscar with that meek wimpy voice. OMG, it's painful. 

And was it just me or did Kiim look like she wanted to stick her tongue down Oscar's throat?  Weird acting choice from TB there.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought the point of having Maxie sit with Joss (seriously, is she five?) was to have Maxie give her point of view regarding grief, since she lost her husband a year ago, but nope, it was so she can bring up seances. Between that and her thinking that Dante is at a spa that she needs to save him from (and Peter's stupid haircut), Maxie's annoying the crap out of me lately.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And was it just me or did Kiim look like she wanted to stick her tongue down Oscar's throat?  Weird acting choice from TB there.  

I think Tamara is pretty bad overall. She tries but I’m not feeling it. 

• Love 1

The whole hallucination thing was a little creepy, given Kim did look like she wanted to make out with her own son. They shouldn't have had Drew pretend to be Oscar; it should have been really clear it was all in Kim's mind.

• Love 3

as the resident Kilimanjaro expert (heh heh)

Not really sure why a doctor would give her altitude sickness meds AFTER the climb. They are typically administered, you know, at high altitudes... where the sickness happens.

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't cause hallucinations.

I also wish someone would point out to Carly -- the next time she's praising how strong and amazing Joss is being-- that Robin went through the exact same thing -- after suffering the death of both her parents (since redacted) and while dealing with the reality of contracting HIV from the boy she loved.

And she reacted by traveling around the country talking about her diagnosis and then studied to become a doctor. Meanwhile, Carly was so resentful of being given up for adoption by a teenaged prostitute she made it her life mission to destroy the life of her biological mother. Just saying, there's a comparison to be made there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Are we to believe Kim climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro in a fucking pocket T with a little scarf tied around her neck. This show. And what was with Drew trying to sound like Oscar with that meek wimpy voice. OMG, it's painful. 

Meanwhile Maxie is taking a break from endangering Dante and Lulu and is now trying to get Joss to have a fucking seance to talk to her dead boyfriend. She's lost her damn mind! I thought we were supposed to be taking Joss' "grief story" seriously. 

They had a good opportunity here to use Maxie's recent loss, as well as the loss if numerous other loves, to comfort Joss and give some insight to the grief process. Nope. Let's go the hocus pocus route. That makes much more sense.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Well, her hair was kind of mussed.  So she must have just returned from a 6000 metre mountain hike.  My hair looks like that after a trip to the mall. 

I thought she looked more like she escaped from Ferncliff that like she just hiked a mountain. It was all just really weird. Weird all around.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I kinda liked the Murder on the Orient Express flashbacks to the Kidney Kaper.  At least it was something different and neither Sonny or Jason is involved. 

Jason would have called up Spinelli to hack the kidney out of Ryan, and Sonny would have framed Jax for stealing it.

And Carly would have used it as an excuse to keep Ava away from Avery.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, NutmegsDad said:

You know, for all the other possibilities to make Ryan give up his kidney that Show would do, Unleashing the Stella was pretty epic.

Threats, torture, pain, and bad-gas mumbling has its place, but Ryan met his match with nagging.

We've seen Stella in Full Rage Mode. I'll accept it.

And, now, we see it was all in the bag, with Kevin playing possum.

Again, no Sonny/Jason saving the day. It was a group effort. Too bad Show has to force the Foursome onto us.

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind seeing Lea DeLaria in a one-off appearance, especially if she tells Joss (and Maxie, who you know will bogart the whole thing) her true love is dead and therefore couldn't care less how she chooses to remember him. Or not. He's dead!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

They're going to bring in Madam Delfina for the seance, aren't they? For those who don't know, she was the resident psychic on One Life to Live.

Wasn't she also involved with some scam involving Tiffany? Maybe this is what Veronica Cartwright will be stuck doing.

3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I also wish someone would point out to Carly -- the next time she's praising how strong and amazing Joss is being-- that Robin went through the exact same thing -- after suffering the death of both her parents (since redacted) and while dealing with the reality of contracting HIV from the boy she loved.

And she reacted by traveling around the country talking about her diagnosis and then studied to become a doctor. Meanwhile, Carly was so resentful of being given up for adoption by a teenaged prostitute she made it her life mission to destroy the life of her biological mother. Just saying, there's a comparison to be made there.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 2

Wasn't she also involved with some scam involving Tiffany? Maybe this is what Veronica Cartwright will be stuck doing.

If my memory serves, Delfina (on GH) was the name of a dress designer and dress shop owner. Pretty sure she made the wedding/bridesmaid dresses for Laura, and Tiffany and a few other folks in PC.

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Not really sure why a doctor would give her altitude sickness meds AFTER the climb. They are typically administered, you know, at high altitudes... where the sickness happens.

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't cause hallucinations.

I was hoping it was malaria, followed by death.

Back to KidneyGate.  I can't believe Lizzy went along with it.  Ethics, much?  Followed by "uphold the law (not just the laws you like)" Valerie.  Finn has shakier moral ground, but he should know better, too.  Franco, I'm not surprised.  Nor Curtis.  Does Stella know?  Somehow I don't think she was involved.  I'm glad Chase wasn't involved.

Liz is the #1 moron.  She should know better, especially since she has to have a job to support her boys.  Did she learn nothing from... uh, was she stealing drugs before and got caught?  And income from flaky Franco isn't going to help if she gets fired.

• Love 2

You know, everyone is advising Joss on how to deal with grief...but wasn't she grieving her penguin-and-firefly-loving older brother just two years ago? Or does the fact that she would've fucked Oscar wipe away those memories?

• LOL 5
42 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

If my memory serves, Delfina (on GH) was the name of a dress designer and dress shop owner. Pretty sure she made the wedding/bridesmaid dresses for Laura, and Tiffany and a few other folks in PC.

OK -- I remember her now -- IIRC, Tiffany and Delfina were involved with Lucy Coe ending up with the red wedding dress for her marriage to Alan Q.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Yes to both. I hate what they have done with this storyline because I want them to keep the actor around and in not sure how they will do that now.

They've rehabilitated rapists before, but Shiloh has a decade or so history of raping women.  After seeing him slobbering all over unconscious Sam, I don't think it would work for a large segment of the audience.  At least it won't work for me.  Yuck.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They've rehabilitated rapists before, but Shiloh has a decade or so history of raping women.  After seeing him slobbering all over unconscious Sam, I don't think it would work for a large segment of the audience.  At least it won't work for me.  Yuck.

No, me either.  I am so grossed out this character, I ff him now.  Very difficult to watch for me.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yuck is how I've always felt about Luke and Laura but they did that, so you never know.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yuck is how I've always felt about Luke and Laura but they did that, so you never know.

That was almost 40 years ago. Times (and people) have changed. I doubt that would be accepted if they tried it today.

That said, I adore TAWP Shiloh. He's got an easy charm and plays the character exactly as you would expect a cult leader to act. Very charismatic. Maybe Shiloh can have a twin brother who is repulsed by DoD and comes to town to make amends? Or you know, a brain tumor...:)

• Love 2

Both Sonny and Carly needed to take a great big bowlful of shut the eff up today.

Sonny (to Brad and Julian): This isn't about you

Me:  Uh, it's his son and his grandson.  Guh the balls on the idiot.  

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

That was almost 40 years ago. Times (and people) have changed. I doubt that would be accepted if they tried it today.

That said, I adore TAWP Shiloh. He's got an easy charm and plays the character exactly as you would expect a cult leader to act. Very charismatic. Maybe Shiloh can have a twin brother who is repulsed by DoD and comes to town to make amends? Or you know, a brain tumor...:)

They hired a charismatic actor.  But they're stuck with the crap they made him do.  I agree in the past they would have definitely turned him into a leading man, much like Luke and Sonny, or Todd on OLTL.  Why they can't see ahead of time that these are good, charismatic actors and hire them for heroes, I'll never know.

• Love 3

What a boring episode, and what wasn't boring was stupid. Every time they cut to Willow and Michael, I found something else to do.  Michael, now a lawyer apparently and knows all the legal ramifications of Willow's baby, threatens the process server who is just doing her job. Tough guy, Sonny-trained.

Shut up, Sonny. Shut up about telling Julian to stay away because you will take care of it, shut up about telling Lulu how to live her life.

How stupid is Girl Reporter that she makes her meeting with the guy at Kelly's, where everyone knows who she is and that she's married.

Carly is dragging Jax down again. I like Jax the least when he's being Dishonest Jax.

The bright spot was Ryan and Nelle conniving. I could watch a whole episode of them conning each other.

6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Sonny (to Brad and Julian): This isn't about you

Me:  Uh, it's his son and his grandson.  Guh the balls on the idiot.  

But Sonny held Wylie at his naming!  That trumps that pesky blood tie.

• Love 5

Please stop with the martyrdom of Morgan. Ava did a lot of shit, but the lack of self-awareness has gotten to be too much.

Sonny shot Dante in the chest. And Sonny killed AJ. I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't happen to her children.

• Love 11

Unpopular opinions:

I enjoy Nelle, and I don't even hate Carly.

I loved Michael telling Willow that he used to be a life guard.

I've always liked the chemistry between LW and IR.  I love their scenes together.  

Sue me.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They could simply just use the guy again for a recast Nikolas.

But I don’t get why the show would suddenly think it’s a no-no to keep him as the same character. This is what they do. They keep rapists, murderers, sexual assaulters, kidnappers, etc, when they like the actor and have never cared if it made sense or not.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But I don’t get why the show would suddenly think it’s a no-no to keep him as the same character. This is what they do. They keep rapists, murderers, sexual assaulters, kidnappers, etc, when they like the actor and have never cared if it made sense or not.

Who else have they kept though besides Franco and Obrecht? Sonny and Jason pre-date the current writers. They gave Franco a tumor so and retconned it so that he didn't rape anyone. Brad and Obrecht are on on a recurring basis.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sue me.

Papers are in the mail. It's a class action lawsuit for irreversible damages.

For me it's become about rebelling. The more the show tells me I have to accept Jason, Sonny and Carly (and this had been going on for a long time now) as these heroes whose misdeeds are swept under the rug, the more I don't want it.

LW and IR do have nice chem, I liked them when they were a couple. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Who else have they kept though besides Franco and Obrecht? Sonny and Jason pre-date the current writers. They gave Franco a tumor so and retconned it so that he didn't rape anyone. Brad and Obrecht are on on a recurring basis.

To be clear, I’m talking about Frank’s choices, not the history of GH. And it’s also not about episode count. Just merely about what characters have stuck around and were either rehabilitated or semi-rehabilitated under Frank because of his personal preference for the actor. So my list would be Franco, Dr. O, Brad, Britt, Ava, Peter, Nina...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's a question, when Michael was reading the summons, he read that the plaintiff was Henry David Archer.   But I thought Shiloh had legally changed his name.  So why would the summons be in his original name?  

Also, how did the process server know where to find her?  For once, it would have made sense to be in the classroom, but Willow happened to be at the hospital.  Do these people have tracking devices installed at birth?  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

or Todd on OLT

One of the things I really liked about Todd (RoHo's version) is that he was never a ' good' guy or a 'hero.' He was deeply flawed and basically reviled by most of Llanview. Sure he did some good things. And his love story with Blair was great. But he continually found ways to screw up his life and the lives of those he loved. The Todd who terrorized a blind Nora scared the hell out of ME! He wasn't mobster with a heart of gold Sonny. Or rapist-turned-mayor Luke.

Back on topic, I think Shiloh, even as a cult leader, could have had a long shelf life. There was history between him and Drew, even if the writers don't know what that was. There was history with Sam because she fleeced his father and cost Hank/Shiloh his entire inheritance. Hell, he could have even been a foil for Jasam. I just don't know if that's possible given his pattern of rape and attempted rape. But I suppose if FV wants to keep the actor, he'll find a workaround...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

If they can rehabilitate Franco--who was a serial killer--the writers can certainly rehabilitate a serial rapist like Shiloh, especially since Shiloh never actually raped anyone onscreen. I actually don't even care that much about what he did to Sam because 1.) I knew Jason would come in and save the day, and 2.) Shiloh did exactly what Sam wanted him to do. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

One of the things I really liked about Todd (RoHo's version) is that he was never a ' good' guy or a 'hero.' He was deeply flawed and basically reviled by most of Llanview. Sure he did some good things. And his love story with Blair was great. But he continually found ways to screw up his life and the lives of those he loved. The Todd who terrorized a blind Nora scared the hell out of ME! He wasn't mobster with a heart of gold Sonny. Or rapist-turned-mayor Luke.

Back on topic, I think Shiloh, even as a cult leader, could have had a long shelf life. There was history between him and Drew, even if the writers don't know what that was. There was history with Sam because she fleeced his father and cost Hank/Shiloh his entire inheritance. Hell, he could have even been a foil for Jasam. I just don't know if that's possible given his pattern of rape and attempted rape. But I suppose if FV wants to keep the actor, he'll find a workaround...

I agree. Todd was a great villain initially, and then he became a great anti-hero.  And like you said, he was never portrayed as one of the good guys like Sonny and Jason are, despite them being murderers.

I hope Shiloh's arc would be similar to that of Ava's. She done a lot of terrible things, but she's not simply a villain. She's an anti-hero who is a multi-layered and fascinating character.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Here's a question, when Michael was reading the summons, he read that the plaintiff was Henry David Archer.   But I thought Shiloh had legally changed his name.  So why would the summons be in his original name?  

Also, how did the process server know where to find her?  For once, it would have made sense to be in the classroom, but Willow happened to be at the hospital.  Do these people have tracking devices installed at birth?  

If Shiloh legally changed his name, what is his new legal surname? I've never heard anyone refer to him as Shiloh <insert last name>--just Shiloh. So that tells me that his legal name is still David Henry Archer, and Shiloh is just a name he invented when he created DOD.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sonny and Jason kill people for a living, yet since 1999 or so, they've been written as the moral compass of the show. That lets you know f*cked up the writing has been for the past 20 years.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

The actor is a really laid back, fun guy who didn't like doing the "rapey shit" according to his social media. I hope he sticks around in some capacity. I'm not that worried about reforming him. They've done it to just about everyone else, Franco being the key example.

46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They could simply just use the guy again for a recast Nikolas.

But I love the idea of this. Put him with Hayden and retcon the history, damn it. I'm needing another pairing for her besides mopey boring skinny arms Finn. And don't tell me she's only here short term, not ready to deal with that reality.

Edited by tvgoddess
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Please stop with the martyrdom of Morgan. Ava did a lot of shit, but the lack of self-awareness has gotten to be too much.

Sonny shot Dante in the chest. And Sonny killed AJ. I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't happen to her children.

You know Carly is never going to hold herself or Sonny or Jason to the same standards she holds everyone else. 

But Ava did definitely play a role in Morgan's downfall. So I don't blame Carly for hating her for that.

• Love 2
(edited)

Carly and Sonny can eat shit:

But these are the heroes of GH with JaSam as the secondary trash heap of violence.
Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Unpopular opinions:

I enjoy Nelle, and I don't even hate Carly.

I loved Michael telling Willow that he used to be a life guard.

I've always liked the chemistry between LW and IR.  I love their scenes together.  

Sue me.

Nelle is basically Carly when she first came on the show. I think the reason Carly never liked her is because she saw her younger self in Nelle.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

But Ava did definitely play a role in Morgan's downfall. So I don't blame Carly for hating her for that.

Carly can take Morgan's penguins and stuff them up her self-righteous ass.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5