Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

The actor is a really laid back, fun guy who didn't like doing the "rapey shit" according to his social media. I hope he sticks around in some capacity. I'm not that worried about reforming him. They've done it to just about everyone else, Franco being the key example.

But I love the idea of this. Put him with Hayden and retcon the history, damn it. I'm needing another pairing for her besides mopey boring skinny arms Finn. And don't tell me she's only here short term, not ready to deal with that reality.

To be fair, is that any actor who enjoys doing rape or attempted rape scenes? I hope Coby Ryan McLaughlin (Shiloh) sticks around too. I don't know why people are acting like Shiloh can't come back from being a serial rapist. There are characters who have done far worse and been redeemed.

(edited)

I'd take Coby/Shiloh over Burton/Jason and Benard/Sonny.  It's unfortunate what they did to his character, but I'd still rather watch him than those two.

The leading men on this show are the most unattractive and uncharismatic dopes in daytime today. One has shoe polish in his hair and the other one walks around with blue jeans and a black tee.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

But Ava did definitely play a role in Morgan's downfall. So I don't blame Carly for hating her for that.

That's fine and all. But Carly can take her self-righteousness at anything Ava does and stick it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

a two-sizes-too-small black tee!

Well he has the wing span of a 13 year old boy so it makes sense he needs his tight tight tee.

All those muscles from Burton Nutrition. 

• LOL 6

I had little to no use for the guy, but they should really bring back Sean Kanan as AJ. If he was willing to work for them again. It would make Sonny and Carly not be ridiculous hypocrites, which you know, is a plus for the show, it would bring back someone core, and could set up several interesting storylines and dynamics. Right now the show is so damn boring I could punch myself in the face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What's . . . what's worse than a serial rapist? Child murderer, I guess? I don't think soaps have ever redeemed a child murderer.

A serial killer, lol.

Oop.

• Love 3
On 6/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, Hater said:

Sorry that’s he’s stuck with her or that he’s sad over dopey Oscar? 

That he's stuck with listening to her talk about what could have been (when he has no memory of their time together), while being in the awkward position of pretending to be their dead son because she's out of it right now. 

The contrast between Drew and Jason re: the women in their lives is quite striking. Drew would check in on Elizabeth and her kids; it's clear he cares about her and her boys and wants to know she's okay or at least hanging in there when things are tough.  With Sam, he is kind and assures he that he still intends to be a devoted father to Scout. With Kim, he is determined to support her in grieving no matter how personally uncomfortable it is. With his mother, he is present and grateful and affectionate. 

Jason, on the other hand, fails to truly give a damn/be present on any kind of regular basis except to fix Carly's messes and be there for mini-Carly as her first love got sicker and died.

• Love 14

Has Franco been redeemed? Or just . . . the-producer-refuses-to-let-him-go'ed? Even Michael Logan (from tvguide) at one point on twitter said "Okay, Franco has GOT to go" and it had been over a year since RH came back as Franco.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Has Franco been redeemed? Or just . . . the-producer-refuses-to-let-him-go'ed? Even Michael Logan (from tvguide) at one point on twitter said "Okay, Franco has GOT to go" and it had been over a year since RH came back as Franco.

I mean, I don’t have the ability to take a poll to determine what the fans think, but on the SHOW, he has. He has been redeemed by the writers.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

be there for mini-Carly as her first love got sicker and died.

Eh, has Jason really been there for Joss? When he runs into her, he's nice to her, but it's not as if he sat shiva with her.

Jason helps people when it's convenient for him.

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Has Franco been redeemed?

In all seriousness, I think this depends on whether you like the character. I agree with @HeatLifer that in-show, he has. Franco has tried to be better. If anyone was iffy on him, I think him going to jail to set up Ryan is supposed to be the thing that shows us he really has changed. At least he admits he did terrible things and doesn't tell people that it's a real buzzkill to keep bringing it up. (Ahem, Sonny.)

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The contrast between Drew and Jason re: the women in their lives is quite striking. Drew would check in on Elizabeth and her kids; it's clear he cares about her and her boys and wants to know she's okay or at least hanging in there when things are tough.  With Sam, he is kind and assures he that he still intends to be a devoted father to Scout. With Kim, he is determined to support her in grieving no matter how personally uncomfortable it is. With his mother, he is present and grateful and affectionate. 

A lot of times it feels like this is a result of him being orphaned and a result of his upbringing, especially with Monica. The guy didn't have a mother and she was ready and willing to embrace him as her son and he wanted that too.

The show could legit bring someone who grew up with Drew and was shuffled around with him, but they don't want to explore that at all. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The show could legit bring someone who grew up with Drew and was shuffled around with him, but they don't want to explore that at all. 

I thought for awhile it was about them not wanting Drew to be a part of a storyline with Sam where Jason was supposed to be her white knight (discounting the fact that Drew wouldn't have encouraged Sam's 'let Shiloh assault me' plan) and not wanting Drew/Sam to ever share scenes, but the show has completely dropped/ignored the part of the Shiloh storyline where he supposedly has a past with Drew.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've always liked the chemistry between LW and IR.  I love their scenes together.  

I just would have enjoyed her more today if she hadn't been yelling about Ava. In.her.place.of.business. Yeah, that was realistic. Why does anyone ever go there? 

8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, how did the process server know where to find her?  For once, it would have made sense to be in the classroom, but Willow happened to be at the hospital.  Do these people have tracking devices installed at birth?  

The process server, who was probably trying to go by the letter of the law, checked in to the school with the world's worst security office first, and was told that the teacher couldn't be interrupted in her classroom. Should have just gone straight there, like everyone else in town. Otherwise, the only other places people in PC can be are the hospital and Kelly's (unless it's time to abuse Julian at the place he owns), and Lulu had already staked out the diner.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

"Whenever I was doing a GH scene with Maurice [Benard, Sonny], I was acutely aware that I needed to bring my A game."

Oh, please. You're not on the show anymore. What, did you sign a blood oath or something?

Honestly, I bet when most of these actors think back to Mo...their memories often travel to the ‘90s.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I had little to no use for the guy, but they should really bring back Sean Kanan as AJ. If he was willing to work for them again. It would make Sonny and Carly not be ridiculous hypocrites, which you know, is a plus for the show, it would bring back someone core, and could set up several interesting storylines and dynamics. Right now the show is so damn boring I could punch myself in the face.

I don't want to see A.J. get shitted on by Sonny and Carly for the trillionith time, so I'll pass. Sean Kanan deserves better.

• Love 4

Jordan, I'm pretty sure Shiloh visiting Harmony is a terrible idea. Maybe have your people keep a closer eye on this sort of thing?

Why does CL look different? It's not just the hair color.

Sonny shouldn't be allowed to give any sort of advice to anyone.

• Love 2

Excuse me? Sean Kanan wrote a book? About what? And who is the target market for a book written by a soap actor? Or does he have other talents, accomplishments or credentials that I’m unaware of? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Excuse me? Sean Kanan wrote a book? About what? And who is the target market for a book written by a soap actor? Or does he have other talents, accomplishments or credentials that I’m unaware of? 

He does. He went to college and had some sort of business major. And the book has nothing to do with soaps.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

He does. He went to college and had some sort of business major. And the book has nothing to do with soaps.

Someone upthread quoted his book with a passage about acting on GH with MB so at least a bit of the book is about acting on soaps. Millions of people have gone to college. That’s not really an unusual accomplishment or a qualifier for interesting content for a book.

Just now, Gam2 said:

Someone upthread quoted his book with a passage about acting on GH with MB so at least a bit of the book is about acting on soaps. Millions of people have gone to college. That’s not really an unusual accomplishment or a qualifier for interesting content for a book.

The summary is about what makes for success or something like that. They asked 50 people to write something for it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Nelle is basically Carly when she first came on the show. I think the reason Carly never liked her is because she saw her younger self in Nelle.

That's not true. When Nelle first came to town, Carly was so grateful to her because her kidney had saved Joss. Carly wanted her to stay in town, and asked her to be her assistant. It wasn't until after Morgan died and Nelle faked sleeping with Sonny that Carly realized who Nelle really was. Even after it was discovered what Nelle did, Carly was not the original person trying to keep Michael and Nelle apart. That was Bobbie. Then Nelle's dead fiance's sister came to town and Carly thought that Nelle was some type of black widow and it was then that Carly wanted Nelle away from her son 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does CL look different? It's not just the hair color.

The only reason I can think is that she isn't wearing much makeup? She is very naturally pretty. I'd look hideous.

The date Lulu is on is the most boring date in history.

I don't get all this Willow/Michael stuff. She and Chase just started dating and have barely gotten a relationship going. But of course, these writers mess up the one good thing happening right now.

The Ryan/Nelle conversation was great. Especially them dragging Carly.

I cannot with CarScum today.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Eh, has Jason really been there for Joss? When he runs into her, he's nice to her, but it's not as if he sat shiva with her.

Jason helps people when it's convenient for him.

That was a reference to the scene of Jax shaking Jason's hand and thanking him for supporting Joss (with Carly on the couch witnessing this exchange). Jax said that during their (off-screen) phone conversations, Joss would tell him about Jason being there for her. The only stuff we've seen on-screen is Jason helping Joss and Oscar get out of the catacombs when they were trapped, and Jason telling Carly that she/S&C spawn and Josslyn were more important than dealing with Shiloh. Oh, and I think Jason hugged Joss in the hour or so after Oscar's death. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

What's . . . what's worse than a serial rapist? Child murderer, I guess? I don't think soaps have ever redeemed a child murderer.

This. Serial killers might technically be worse, I guess, but honestly? I find them pretty equally abhorrent, morally. Certainly not "far worse." I think the only thing worse than a serial rapist is one particular kind of serial rapist - the pedophile.  I don't think even this show, with its never-ending love of rapists, killers and mobsters, would try to redeem a pedophile

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Can someone get Carly and Sonny a ladder so they can GET OVER THEMSELVES!  JFC, the world does not revolve just around their wants and needs.  Sonny was like the stereotypical nosy neighbor today, butting into first Julian and Brad's convo, then getting all up in Lulu's business. 

Then there was Carly.  I am so sick of her playing judge and jury and only "convicting" her perceived enemies.  She conveniently forgets the many (many, MANY) shitty things she did, Sonny did, Jason did, etc.  If anyone dares to speak of her the way she speaks of them, she'd have a cow. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Hey medical people, can you tell me why Ryan has a tiny incision in his abdomen, while Nelle has a huge scar on her back? 

What kind of birth defects are they talking about for Carly's spawn?  Chromosome?  (Not that I think Scummy's kid would have any problem whatsoever).  And nice work not getting agitated at the Metro Court, shrieking at Jax about ancient history.  I see once again Sonny had better things to do than attend his wife's medical appointment.  Is he afraid he might see her ladyparts?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She conveniently forgets the many (many, MANY) shitty things she did, Sonny did, Jason did, etc.  If anyone dares to speak of her the way she speaks of them, she'd have a cow. 

Yeah, I loved watching her react a few years ago to overhearing Brenda and Robin talk about how pathetic she is. They were totally right about her and she knew it.  I think my favorite thing about Brenda is when she refers to Carly as "that girl."

• Love 9

I missed the whole week’s worth of shows due to a power outage, and just caught up on Hulu. Not sure why I bothered, because damn this was a boring week.

I really hate the kidney-stealing conspiracy. I don’t mind Sonny et al. being immoral because that’s their character. But it really bothers me that doctors, nurses, police officers, etc. would so easily cast their ethics aside. Maybe I would accept it more if it were in service of a character I cared about, even slightly. But I don’t think so. Liz, Finn, Val, you have no moral high ground, ever again.

Speaking of bad conspiracies, now we’ve got Maxie, Nina, Jax and Carly teaming up to take down Ava? FFS. Is this what you came back for, Ingo?

Neal is so definitely the guy Shiloh reports to. And now he knows the whereabouts of the baby, thanks to Alexis’s blabber mouth. This is why he’s the Big Bad— he got access to the secret, and Alexis didn’t even have to sign a pledge. Or get a tattoo.

WTF is up with Kim and Drew in Kilimanjaro? I found myself unable to watch Oscar’s floaty head so missed most of that. Tossing his ashes gave Kim altitude sickness? Or such emotional trauma that she got the vapors, like a woman in a 1930s movie? I don’t really care to know. It was just horrendous to (sort of) watch.

So is Margeaux just...gone? That was quite the unceremonious exit.

I love how we keep finding out all the wonderful qualities Morgan had, that we never saw when he was alive. Penguins, fireflies, and now....what did Carly say? He loved snowcones? Tiddlywinks? Crap, I’ve already forgotten.

The one bright spot: Nelle and Ryan bonding over their stolen organs, and hopefully forming a kidney vigilante squad. This could be a really fun pairing.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Hey medical people, can you tell me why Ryan has a tiny incision in his abdomen, while Nelle has a huge scar on her back? 

That made me laugh too.  But, Nelle's surgery was done years ago and by black market operators who may not have known exactly what they were doing.  Nowadays, I think this type of surgery (and apendix surgery) is done differently and less invasive.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I hope Coby Ryan McLaughlin (Shiloh) sticks around too. I don't know why people are acting like Shiloh can't come back from being a serial rapist. There are characters who have done far worse and been redeemed.

I'm sure someone else has suggested it here, or in another thread, but they could just do what they always do when they want to keep an actor but the character is not viable. Give Shiloh a brother. Say the brother is the one who was actually Drew's military buddy, and this one was lying. Even Carrrrlos got a twin brother for about ten minutes. Wasn't he a caring pediatrician or some shit? That introduction was a weird dead end.  

12 hours ago, rur said:

I just would have enjoyed her more today if she hadn't been yelling about Ava. In.her.place.of.business. Yeah, that was realistic. Why does anyone ever go there? 

I wouldn't. I'd drive to Gene's Branford Roadhouse. The ambiance isn't much, but they know how to treat a customer, and Carly isn't there.  

11 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Well Ava murdered Morgan. Sweet, penguin-loving, firefly-wrangling Morgan. 

Now it's sweet, penguin-loving, firefly-wrangling Morgan who even drank the smoothies that everyone else poured into the potted plant. Death revealed so much sensitivity and virtue in that character. It's remarkable.  

9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

He was/is also a serious martial arts enthusiast, which led to his legendary performance as karate's bad boy, Mike Barnes, in that basic-cable staple and camp classic The Karate Kid Part III.  

Maybe there will be political content too. I won't get into it, but if you want to know who he supported in 2016, it's on his Wikipedia.  

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

The Ryan/Nelle conversation was great. Especially them dragging Carly.

Highlight of the week. I actually enjoy Nelle when she's on once in a while.  

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

WTF is up with Kim and Drew in Kilimanjaro?

That's a development I never expected. I thought they'd just go offscreen. I didn't think it was going to be an actual subplot with their own sets (even very basic ones). It isn't doing much for me. These two just aren't strongly defined enough characters to carry their own material away from the rest of Port Charles.  

Also, while I know it's realistic, I'm still hearing way too much about people missing Oscar. Which I still do not.  

37 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nelle's surgery was done years ago and by black market operators who may not have known exactly what they were doing.  Nowadays, I think this type of surgery (and apendix surgery) is done differently and less invasive.  

That's true. They're usually done through a scope now. Besides appendectomies as you mention, so are gallbladder removals, and many hysterectomies, and other stuff. Smaller incision, shorter recovery. The medical detail on the show, when they tell a medical story, is generally not bad.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 8:57 PM, Gam2 said:

Yes. In addition to what @ulkis stated about college....Kanan was the villain to Ralph Macchio's Danny in Karate Kid III, starred in a couple of Perry Mason movies in the early 90s. And one doesn't need any "special" credentials when wanting to, or writing a book. Anyone who is a fan of his, would want to read what he wrote, I imagine. This show, and especially Frank Valentini, fucked him over but good. But he's a talented actor. And being a "soap actor" isn't something to look down on. Those in this industry are some of the hardest working actors around, considering how they have to learn their lines in such a short time and within one take these days.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Slightly O/T: When you're removing an organ you want to keep intact, you don't do it through a scope. My brother donated a kidney a few years ago and he has about a four-inch sort of J-shape scar. The procedure for the donator and donatee has improved, but it still involves open surgery.

I don't quite understand what Nina thinks putting Ava on the cover of Crimson will accomplish. National shaming? 

• Love 6

I'm all for Shiloh having a brother to keep the actor. For fucks sake, just do his hair a little different, have him put on 10 pounds (don't worry ladies, he can lose it later!) and bring him to town after his brother is killed in the upcoming whodunnit. 

Nelle and Ryan could make a great supervillain team.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't quite understand what Nina thinks putting Ava on the cover of Crimson will accomplish. National shaming? 

Apparently Ava is so evil that everyone will scramble to scoop up this issue to point and laugh at her, thus selling the most copies in Crimson history.  Please. 

• Love 4

Excuse you--per Jax, she will be INTERNATIONALLY shamed.  I mean...

I know Ava isn't a fave of a lot of people, but I think this is a really shitty thing to do to her: pretend to be giving her a place to tell her story and then dragging her thru the dirt--all so Carly, Sonny et al can gloat?  Fuck you, writers. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

"Whenever I was doing a GH scene with Maurice [Benard, Sonny], I was acutely aware that I needed to bring my A game or the entire scene would have tanked more than usual."

Fixed that for ya Sean/AJ.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know Ava isn't a fave of a lot of people, but I think this is a really shitty thing to do to her: pretend to be giving her a place to tell her story and then dragging her thru the dirt--all so Carly, Sonny et al can gloat?  Fuck you, writers. 

At this point, Ava should just go full on Dracarys. What's even the point anymore? Nothing she does will ever be enough to make up for what she's done.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know Ava isn't a fave of a lot of people, but I think this is a really shitty thing to do to her: pretend to be giving her a place to tell her story and then dragging her thru the dirt--all so Carly, Sonny et al can gloat?  Fuck you, writers. 

A thousand pardons.

And yeah, I'm tired of everyone dragging Ava. (And Julian, for that matter.) I don't feel sorry for Ava or Julian, because they've done what they've done, but when the rest of the characters aren't exactly squeaky clean, it's really hard to watch all the hypocrisy. And Ava pointing out the hypocrisy doesn't lampshade it, Show. 

• Love 8

What stupid plot point has a General Hospital lab technician on-site at Pentonville, interacting with a prisoner who handles laundry? Also, Brad proves (again) that he is too stupid to live when he voluntarily shows off the cell phone pic of "Wiley" and expects that she is all about the baby's best interests.  Nelle totally showed that she's a young Carly when she called "the woman on the red carpet" with Michael "trash" and told Brad it's okay for him to admit that Michael isn't over her.

Show, stop trying to force the "Carly and Sam are friends" b.s. Carly's tears about the test results made me roll my eyes, but Sam pressing Carly to talk to Sonny about it made me wonder if Sam (his former lover!!/dead baby mama) had ever met Sonny before. Sonny doesn't care about such wimmins worries; his role is holding up the baby (if healthy) in triumph after birth and proclaiming "Mine!"  

So Josslyn is really going to talk Lucy into helping her do a seance to say good-bye to Oscar? Yes, ladies, you should be embarrassed for Michael to know anything about that conversation.

I will enjoy Jason, Carly, Sonny, Sam and Shiloh having the smug wiped off their faces and looking stupid after all this plotting for nothing when they find out the real Wiley is dead. Maybe Carly's rage over realizing Wiley is really Jonah will make her stroke out? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5