Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Hater said:

And since BC is off trying to do something better than soaps

He's on a nighttime soap. Bigger budget, for sure, but still a soap.

I wonder if they'll retcon Scout's paternity or just leave her at the Q Daycare and Preschool Center.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

He's on a nighttime soap. Bigger budget, for sure, but still a soap.

I wonder if they'll retcon Scout's paternity or just leave her at the Q Daycare and Preschool Center.

lol. Better than GH. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael is just getting to know Sasha, and he likes her, so I'm not surprised he was just going with "They don't get along, have done stuff to each other" generic explanation instead of the scarier/more honest explanation that his father once tried to kill Jax by disabling his airplane, set up Jax to be accused of rape, murdered my bio father at point blank range, etc. A potential girlfriend would understandably be intimidated, thinking: "Yikes, will Michael's father try to have me killed if we have a fight or he sees me on a date with another guy?" 

I forgot about that. So gross. Our leading man, ladies and gentlemen. 

Don't forget how hilarious Carly and Jason found it. UGH.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

"It's not you, it's me." Aww.

Today's episode was really boring. Crimson, kidney, Crimson, kidney, Aurora, kidney. Snore. I liked Jon Lindstrom pulling double duty because he's awesome at that. Ava/Franco is usually good also, but I just hate that they've turned him into this saint like character when he's anything but. It makes it hard to stomach.

Bored now. [/Willow, not that one.]

Boring, boring, boring. [/Sebastian]

He really is very good at playing both roles. I mean, it is at the point where I forget he isn't actually a twin because the different mannerisms are subtle but still there. And when he was playing Ryan playing Kevin? Amazing. It truly felt like a twin playing his brother: super close but just slightly off. He was robbed of the Emmy.

IR and SB are the same age.  IR spends much of his free time on the beach surfing and paddle boarding in the sun. How does he still look so dang yummy and Steve looks like an old lady's handbag?

This Michael/Sasha relationship is the most romantic chemistry I have seen CD have when any character. I hope they don't screw it up by doing a triangle or square with Willow and Chase. One couple is the only mature relationship on the show and the other involves a character who lacked any kind of romantic chemistry with anyone until Sasha came along. Leave all 4 be.

Maura West. Her character is one I know I should hate, but she just has this amazing ability to make to side with her. She also manages to do any scene with any person on the show and make both herself and her co-star shine.

And now Sonny and Valentin are partnering up? Of course they are! The baddest Cassadine ever - you know he is because they keep saying so and Helena was so scared of him, naturally - is partnering up with the badass gangster who rules the east coast but is really a nice guy - and you know he is nice because, again, if they keep saying something, we'll all believe it. Of course they are. At least we now have 2 of my least favorite characters in the same scenes for a while meaning I might have fewer scenes to fast forward.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This Michael/Sasha relationship is the most romantic chemistry I have seen CD have when any character. I hope they don't screw it up by doing a triangle or square with Willow and Chase. One couple is the only mature relationship on the show and the other involves a character who lacked any kind of romantic chemistry with anyone until Sasha came along. Leave all 4 be.

I was kind of shocked actually. I'm so used to seeing this negative asexual vibe from CD that I had to check and see that it was in fact there. He seemed more confident and a little more aggressive but not overly so, just the right amount. But I agree on no triangle or quad. They're too new for that for both couples, and three of the characters are still new or newish.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Kevin and Ava's breakup was sweet and funny.

Awww, I missed that due to a high speed chase on the Detroit station. 🙁  In fact, half of the show was gone.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

IR and SB are the same age.  IR spends much of his free time on the beach surfing and paddle boarding in the sun. How does he still look so dang yummy and Steve looks like an old lady's handbag?

His fucking powder must have done a number on him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

In which we learn MonaVie was not the health elixir it claimed to be. Huh.

(Side note: The company foreclosed in 2015; I wonder if SBu lost any money.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

In which we learn MonaVie was not the health elixir it claimed to be. Huh.

(Side note: The company foreclosed in 2015; I wonder if SBu lost any money.)

Couldn't happen to a more fitting guy.  

And now I'm remembering when they had it written into a GH episode, with Spinelli touting its benefits.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And now I'm remembering when they had it written into a GH episode, with Spinelli touting its benefits.  

A true nadir of the show, and a lot of people called it out. Rightly. IR  posted a lengthy note about how it was a misuse of the audience's trust. I never liked him more for that.

• Love 6
(edited)

TB and BM made me tear up today. They are great together as grieving parents.

Contrast that with Sonny and Carly going on and on and on about Morgan. What Sonny actually meant is that this baby is absolutely supposed to replace you, dead Morgan.  I call b.s. that Morgan will be "a friend" to Oscar in Heaven (at Sonny's request),  that he noticed anything at all about flowers, or that he was a great big brother to Joss esp. since the audience has been beaten over the head about how Michael has always been there for her.

Cam is awesome shutting Franco down, and being there for Joss. You can practically see the hearts forming around those two teens.  I am hopeful that Elizabeth and Cam will find out that Franco lied so easily to their faces.  But I don't understand how Franco knows enough about medicine and Ryan's health to induce a seizure.  

MVP line goes to Ryan for agreeing to donate a kidney so Stella will shut up and go away  because he can't deal with her being the most annoying person ever (when he's not in a position/condition to commit murder). I am sure you're not the first person to feel that way about her, dude. 

WTF is that preview of Sam claiming to be "Willow"? UGHHHH.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
(edited)

The only thing I noticed in the Drew/Kim scenes was Billy's beard. Maybe he's doing another project?

Tamara does nothing for me. It looks like she is smiling while she cries.  She can't cry actually.  No tears are ever produced. lol. Like Finola it looks she needs to eat something as well.

And all Drew did was prop her grief.  It's never about him, it's always about Joss or Kim.  Ugh.

Joss feels more grief over Oscar than her own brother.

Stella seemed to be the star of the show.  Ryan telling her to shut up.

Edit: Kim is "not a great mother"  Now I know Drew must have low standards because he was in a relationship with Sam but lying to your son that he's dying for many years is not good parenting.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

WTF is that preview of Sam claiming to be "Willow"? UGHHHH.

Does the person Sam is trying to fool believe Willow is also 40+? Because, stop it, show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
Just now, HeatLifer said:

Does the person Sam is trying to fool believe Willow is also 40+? Because, stop it, show. 

Apparently.  The show does need to stop it.  

They put her hair up in a pony tail acting like that's going to make her look any younger.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

They put her hair up in a pony tail acting like that's going to make her look any younger.

It’s ridiculous. Willow’s portrayer is 24!!!! KeMo embraces her age—-allow her character to do the same.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hater said:

When has Willow ever had a ponytail? FFS.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Hater said:

I wasn't aware that there was an age limit for pony tails.  I wear them quite frequently and I'm 46.

• Love 4
Just now, Katy M said:

I wasn't aware that there was an age limit for pony tails.  I wear them quite frequently and I'm 46.

It'd be nice if you didn't put words in my mouth.  Where in my post did I say older women can't wear pony tails?

It's very common to hear pony tails make people look "younger."   Sam constantly wears her hair down.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Hater said:

Hey, what woman doesn't look 20-25 years younger by putting her hair up in a ponytail? (It's damn funny seeing her in that split-second preview, which I assume was not supposed to be the reaction).

I guess that Sam thinks since the 'adventure' went so well back when she put glasses on and called herself "Sabrina," this should be no problem.  She is, after all, the most awesome PI ever, right @Hater? 

• LOL 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hey, what woman doesn't look 20-25 years younger by putting her hair up in a ponytail? (It's damn funny seeing her in that split-second preview, which I assume was not supposed to be the reaction).

It's so obvious they are wearing her hair like that b/c they think it makes her look more youthful.

I guess that Sam thinks since the 'adventure' went so well back when she put glasses on and called herself "Sabrina," this should be no problem.  She is, after all, the most awesome PI ever, right @Hater? 

Or when she put on that nice white dress thinking she'd look like a rich woman trying to break into the Swiss bank.  Or the ugly top when she conned Margo's mother.

This show does the worst with Sam's "con outfits" and their efforts to conceal her, make her look like a 22 year old, make her look rich.  It's not that deep.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Hater said:

It's so obvious they are wearing her hair like that b/c they think it makes her look more youthful.

23 minutes ago, Hater said:

Or when she put on that nice white dress thinking she'd look like a rich woman trying to break into the Swiss bank.  Or the ugly top when she conned Margo's mother.

Don't forget glasses.  Because everyone knows when you put on glasses it makes you look smart and official.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sonny and Carly really need to stop visiting Morgan's grave like that. I get it, they miss him but they are there way too much to be healthy.  Was this date night for them?

Great use of Vernee Watson and JL. This is the Stella I want.

I know we're suppose to think that it was Franco who injected the drug into Ryan's IV but how would he know which one to do? Curtis wouldn't either but it would at least make the story more interesting if he was so desperate to save Jordan, he tried to push Ryan on his way.

As much as i wanted the kidney story over, this was pretty much a fizzle.

• Love 3

Apparently both the PC jail and GH have official berating hours, when police guards stop no one from visiting inmates or patients for the purpose of verbally abusing them. I found myself hoping Ryan would continue to say "No" today, just because there were so many people in his room that didn't belong there. The more that people acted as if he were obligated to donate a kidney, the more I hoped he'd say no. Way to portray no one in a good light, GH. I truly hope it's an evil kidney now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't think Sam/KM reads particularly old onscreen myself. (Exhausted or bored, yes, but she's been that way for much of the last 14 years) But she sure can't pass for that boring kewpie doll chick.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't think Sam/KM reads particularly old onscreen myself. (Exhausted or bored, yes, but she's been that way for much of the last 14 years) But she sure can't pass for that boring kewpie doll chick.

I think on screen she has aged a lot.  She looks worn out most of the time.

Off screen maybe it's due to her personality and not when playing Sam she doesn't seem as sullen and doesn't have  scowl on her face like she does on screen 75% of the time.

Edit: Also I think a lot of this annoyance of her pretending to be Willow stems from the show acting like Kelly Monaco is the most beautiful woman on the show and can get away with playing a 22 year old.  They always make it seem as if she doesn't age and every man salivates over her.  The other women on this show don't get the same over the top praise about their looks.  

At this point, Sam is still perceived as some sort of sex object and its kind of gross that this is after 16 years on screen.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

So Oscar and Morgan are going to be Heaven buddies now? I’ll take that reservation in Hell, please.

Speaking of which, a serial killer agrees to donate his kidney because Stella puts the fear of God in him for about 6 minutes, max? Whaaat? 

There’s bad writing, and then there’s... this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don’t get this fascination with Sam at all and never have. She’s a neglectful mother at best, a generally miserable human being, a mutterer who’s very hard to understand, an almost comatose robot most of the time and not a sexy, appealing, feminine woman ever. So where’s the appeal?!

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Kelly has looked worn out since at least 2005.

She was a hard partier. I don't think anymore. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

Wow, they actually mentioned Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, instead of just Africa.

Why don't they just inject air into Ryan's bloodstream? Why mess around with some drug? I'm also annoyed that everyone is so offended Ryan won't donate his kidney to Jordan. What to do they expect? He's a terrible person.

I know the Morgan talk is fairly organic what with Carly being pregnant and Oscar freshly dead, but it makes me afraid we're going to get a recast for a character that didn't need to exist in the first place.

News flash, Sonny: You will fail at protecting your child. You've failed all of them so far. This one won't be any different.

The dramatic music sting they used after Stella told Curtis she'd be offended if he thought Ryan could manipulate her was hilarious.

37 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Speaking of which, a serial killer agrees to donate his kidney because Stella puts the fear of God in him for about 6 minutes, max? Whaaat? 

I know. Good grief. Ryan should have been able to get Stella thrown out of his room. He still has rights as a patient. I'd get Nora Hannon Gannon Buchanan on the phone and start threatening a lawsuit.

I don't think Kim needs to wear a hair shirt, but I'd like her to be a little harder on herself for not getting Oscar treatment earlier.

I thought the Carly/Joss talk about grief was nice until Sonny butted in. The Cam talk was nice, too.

A mention that Cam's father played guitar wouldn't have been amiss, Show.

Poor Valerie, a detective doing a patrolman's job, guarding Ryan. And doing it badly, letting everyone go in and harangue him.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Hater said:

Can Tamara borrow some conditioner/hair product from Laura Wright? I haven't seen such limp, dry hair on a soap in years.  It's a mess.

Laura Wright's hair is about a thousand times thicker, her hair product wouldn't do anything for TB. TB should get a plain old fashioned haircut.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Laura Wright's hair is about a thousand times thicker, her hair product wouldn't do anything for TB. TB should get a plain old fashioned haircut.

It's so bad!  That's all I could think of today outside of how she couldn't produce tears was her hair!  She has the worst hair of all the females.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Oh, and everytime I think Peter's hair can't get any worse, it DOES. If Lulu even holds his hand, I shall throw a shoe.

And yes, I know her husband had some very questionable hair styles, but it looks like Peter is going to some effort to have bad hair. Dante's just got too long .

• Love 3

Really, Sonny? Saying that Morgan would have liked Oscar was pure BS. He would have made fun of him and been a complete ass behind Joss' back.

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don't think he was afraid at all. I think it was like he said, that he wanted her to shut up. I think he has some kind of ulterior motive, but I've stopped caring.

I really thought Drew and Kim would be offscreen for this mountain climb. Are we really going to be subjected to this?

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I really thought Drew and Kim would be offscreen for this mountain climb. Are we really going to be subjected to this?

No..they're not spoiled the rest of the week and usually that's on point with them.  They're not showing the climb.  Next time you see them I think they'll be back in the hotel after climbing it.

I really wish we didn't have to be subjected to them period, even if it's once a week.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

A serial killer gives in to an organ transplant because an older woman is annoying him? So then what was the purpose of someone drugging him 5 minutes earlier if we were just going to see him give up anyway?

I thought it was a Kevin switch while the drugged up Ryan was in the basement that no one ever checks in Port Charles buildings. I was just waiting for Kevin to grab that pen with the wrong hand! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

A serial killer gives in to an organ transplant because an older woman is annoying him? So then what was the purpose of someone drugging him 5 minutes earlier if we were just going to see him give up anyway?

I thought it was a Kevin switch while the drugged up Ryan was in the basement that no one ever checks in Port Charles buildings. I was just waiting for Kevin to grab that pen with the wrong hand! 

Many believe he was switched.  So I don't think you're off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Really, Sonny? Saying that Morgan would have liked Oscar was pure BS. He would have made fun of him and been a complete ass behind Joss' back.

Between that and that idiotic line about Morgan The Botanist knowing summer was coming by the way flowers bloomed had my eyes rolling right down the stairs, out the door and to the nearest bar. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hater said:

It's so bad!  That's all I could think of today outside of how she couldn't produce tears was her hair!  She has the worst hair of all the females.

NuJordan has the worst. And, it has nothing to do with her needed a kidney. 

1 hour ago, Hater said:

I hadn’t even thought of that but I was trying to figure out what the point of the seizure was. It does make a little sense now. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

If you mean fear that she would never shut up, then yes. Val Spencer of the PCPD would have let Stella stay in his room and talk at him for hours on end.

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Between that and that idiotic line about Morgan The Botanist knowing summer was coming by the way flowers bloomed had my eyes rolling right down the stairs, out the door and to the nearest bar. 

Don't forget that he liked fireflies, too.

That was when my eyes got stuck.

• LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a kidney, show.  Not 5 bucks.  Which I wouldn't give Stella.  Even if there was a switch, Stella's speech wasn't all that persuasive.

40 minutes ago, rur said:

Don't forget that he liked fireflies, too.

Carly: "He used to try to get the fireflies to follow him into the house"

Me: "He was twenty."

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Between that and that idiotic line about Morgan The Botanist knowing summer was coming by the way flowers bloomed

Whaaaaaaaat?!

Morgan probably thought fireflies were floating glow in the dark candy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't think he was afraid at all. I think it was like he said, that he wanted her to shut up. I think he has some kind of ulterior motive, but I've stopped caring.

Either way, it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. “Stella has been talking nonstop for all of 5 minutes and in order to make it stop, I’ll submit to major surgery and the loss of a major organ.” Again....whaaat?

3 hours ago, Hater said:

And if this is the case, then we have Kevin, and possibly Finn, involved in a cover up, kidney theft, and either murder or another concealment of Ryan’s whereabouts. Way to go, Doctor(s). 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He also knew when winter was coming by the way penguins flapped their wings.

• LOL 6
28 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

And if this is the case, then we have Kevin, and possibly Finn, involved in a cover up, kidney theft, and either murder or another concealment of Ryan’s whereabouts. Way to go, Doctor(s). 

And then what happens when Ryan lives and wakes up sans kidney, is smart enough to figure out his kidney is gone and that he didn't consent to that so Kevin must have forged his signature and uses that to blackmail Kevin with exposure to the medical board for Kevin's help in getting the charges dropped or sent back to Ferncliff or another facility that he will inevitably break out of someday?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1