Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

And then what happens when Ryan lives and wakes up sans kidney, is smart enough to figure out his kidney is gone and that he didn't consent to that so Kevin must have forged his signature and uses that to blackmail Kevin with exposure to the medical board for Kevin's help in getting the charges dropped or sent back to Ferncliff or another facility that he will inevitably break out of someday?

Kevin and Finn will just claimed that Ryan is lying because he is an evil serial killer that is trying to ruin their lives.

I suspected the switch happened after Ryan told Finn that he didn't want to die. Finn had him sent away for tests and Kevin slipped in. It was Finn who gave the drug to Ryan (not Franco) with Valerie as lookout since she was guarding the door.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Morgan loved fireflies. Morgan loved penguins. Morgan would have loved Oscar. Shut up, Carly and Sonny.

Morgan loved all of this............off screen.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

You know, for all the other possibilities to make Ryan give up his kidney that Show would do, Unleashing the Stella was pretty epic.

Threats, torture, pain, and bad-gas mumbling has its place, but Ryan met his match with nagging.

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Either way, it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. “Stella has been talking nonstop for all of 5 minutes and in order to make it stop, I’ll submit to major surgery and the loss of a major organ.” Again....whaaat?

We've seen Stella in Full Rage Mode. I'll accept it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Carly: "He used to try to get the fireflies to follow him into the house"

Me: "He was twenty."

THIS.  She was talking like Morgan was a child and they were living with Sonny, but child Morgan grew up in the CarJax house (with the giant billowy window curtains) and then was sent to military school only to return as a young adult.  Morgan never lived at Casa Corinthos.  Dumb writers.  

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

THIS.  She was talking like Morgan was a child and they were living with Sonny, but child Morgan grew up in the CarJax house (with the giant billowy window curtains) and then was sent to military school only to return as a young adult.  Morgan never lived at Casa Corinthos.  Dumb writers.  

but Laura Wright (who I like) wouldn't have anything to laugh at. Man! She was laughing up a storm with all of the fake Morgan memories.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In which we learn MonaVie was not the health elixir it claimed to be. Huh.

(Side note: The company foreclosed in 2015; I wonder if SBu lost any money.)

"Mon-a-vieeeeee, Mon-a-vieeeeeeee, bless my poop juice forevvvvvvverrrrr….."

(To the tune of "Edelweiss")

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Unpopular opinion - if there was a Ryan switch to sign the consent form, I can dig it.  Yes, totally unethical shitty thing to do to a person regardless of Ryan's violent history.  But there is something bizarrely heartwarming about half the town conspiring to save the life of someone they love/admire.  

I hope they don't kill off Ryan, though - I would miss his snark.  Plus it would be more fun to see Ryan wake up from surgery and be all 'wtf just happened'???

Edited by Kiki777
Word
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I was just waiting for Kevin to grab that pen with the wrong hand! 

I think both Kevin and Ryan are left-handed because JL is left-handed. 

9 hours ago, ciarra said:
9 hours ago, rur said:

Don't forget that he liked fireflies, too.

The more they try to make Morgan sound like he had any sort of intellectual interests, the dumber he sounds. It's like when they tried to make SWSNBN seem deep by telling us she stared at snow globes for hours.

6 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Unpopular opinion - if there was a Ryan switch to sign the consent form, I can dig it.  Yes, totally unethical shitty thing to do to a person regardless of Ryan's violent history.  But there is something bizarrely heartwarming about half the hospital staff conspiring to save the life of someone they love/admire.  

Ugh, I think it's supergross. Ryan is a garbage person, but he still deserves bodily autonomy. And how will Jordan feel knowing the kidney was taken by force, as it were? She was already kind of freaked out it was Ryan's in the first place. The whole thing is appalling, even for a soap. Find another way.

• Love 7

Between that and that idiotic line about Morgan The Botanist knowing summer was coming by the way flowers bloomed

ah yes, Morgan, drop-out, gambler, lover of flora and fauna... 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2019 at 1:04 AM, tvgoddess said:

"It's not you, it's me." Aww.

Today's episode was really boring. Crimson, kidney, Crimson, kidney, Aurora, kidney. Snore. I liked Jon Lindstrom pulling double duty because he's awesome at that. Ava/Franco is usually good also, but I just hate that they've turned him into this saint like character when he's anything but. It makes it hard to stomach.

Bored now. [/Willow, not that one.]

Boring, boring, boring. [/Sebastian]

Yes to your whole post, especially the "It's not you, it's me." part because I thought that was adorable. I can't help it and I'm not sorry, I kinda love Ava pretty much always.

But since "Bored now" (real Willow, not GH Willow) is an expression I use as often as I can due to all kinds of Buffy love, it needed to be bolded. Also, thank you!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I think it's supergross. Ryan is a garbage person, but he still deserves bodily autonomy. And how will Jordan feel knowing the kidney was taken by force, as it were? She was already kind of freaked out it was Ryan's in the first place. The whole thing is appalling, even for a soap. Find another way.

Not only that, but once she goes back to being commissioner, won't she have to have charges pressed for these criminal actions? There are all sorts of legal ramifications here. Although I'm sure they'll just hand wave it away because it's Ryan.

Still not easy for me to see seizures on TV due to my epilepsy (tonic clonic, formerly grand mal). I really have no clue what it looks like since I completely black out, but I think mine are way worse than what was portrayed. I had one at work last year and apparently I turned blue. It's extremely disturbing.

Finn's voice when he said "we have some news about Ryan Chamberlin" was annoying. Flat monotone, with no inflection whatsoever. No wonder he and Sam were such a snooze when he was Silas.

32 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

But since "Bored now" (real Willow, not GH Willow) is an expression I use as often as I can due to all kinds of Buffy love, it needed to be bolded. Also, thank you!

I'm always up for Buffy love (although in my book - Faith >Buffy because she was more interesting although I had love for both), but you're welcome!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Not only that, but once she goes back to being commissioner, won't she have to have charges pressed for these criminal actions? There are all sorts of legal ramifications here. Although I'm sure they'll just hand wave it away because it's Ryan.

In this corrupt town? 

• Love 2

The Lucas-Willow scenes today were touching while the Chase-Willow scene was sweet, I liked the D.A. telling Sonny to go to hell when he was condescending, I enjoyed the shocked look on Maxie's face when Peter shut her down instead of kissing her ass in her scheming about Dante and Lulu, and Julian was amusing and showed how much he loves Lucas.

Willow told Chase that only Lucas's name was on the adoption application. For the lawyers out there: what is the significance of that?

So much UGH: Sonny, Jason, Sam. Sam, you all are NOT "the good guys." Gotta love how GH is going way overboard to make Shiloh OMG TEH EVILLLL so the three of them look like heroes.  Willow is so much stronger than her pathetic shell of a mother. The continuing attitude of contempt for Julian, like this team work to protect "Wiley" is the only good thing he's ever done in his life, further shows what assholes those three are. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So much UGH: Sonny, Jason, Sam. Sam, you all are NOT "the good guys." Gotta love how GH is going way overboard to make Shiloh OMG TEH EVILLLL so the three of them look like heroes.

Even if Shiloh is the biggest EVILLLL to have ever EVILLLL'd, it doesn't make them heroes.  The two things aren't mutually exclusive, writers.

• Love 9

It's such a hollow victory to see Shiloh arrested when it's only happening due to Jason distorting the truth (whatever Shiloh's intent, he did not sexually assault Sam, and she consented to the tattoo and spiked drink) and Sonny blackmailing Margaux. Jason's follow-up comment to Michael that he dreams about murdering Shiloh made me bristle, too. "Here's one for the good guys," really, are we sure? The line between good and bad is so blurred on GH that I don't see much reason to celebrate. Sexual assault is unequivocally wrong, yet murder and blackmail are acceptable tools of the trade. Sam can scoff in disdain at Julian's reference to his criminal past, yet she'll eagerly go to bed with Jason each night. The show's muddled cesspool of criminality has made it so that when someone actually goes down for their crimes, it draws attention to the fact that there are plenty of other characters with misdeeds only forgiven due to their preferential status. The distinction between good and bad is irrelevant; everyone is awful but only some are chosen.

• Love 16

Sam looked a lot better today dressed up than in her usual skinny jeans and ugly shirt. Remember though dresses and skirts are suffocating!

However, her pretending to be Willow.  A mess.  Idk what KM was going for.   It's obvious her and her on screen father have more chemistry than anything with Steve Burton.

Sonny and Margo was disgusting, but what else is knew?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

The show will never stop trying to manipulate the audience into believing that Jason and Sonny are the "good guys." 

It's so terrible...it's just so terrible. We have the victim being treated like the villain by her father's murdererer, the same man who destroyed her relationship with her (allbeit even sleazier) mother out of personal gain, acting like he healed all the babies in the world giving back her pledge after blackmailing her yet again. I did enjoy Margaux's expression of utter indifference while leaving as Sonny beamed with righteous glory after bestowing  benelovance on his lowlier subject. I think EH would have eye rolled if she could.

The coward doesn't quite get that sometmes all people really need to heal is an apology. He was never able or willing to bestow that, he can go die old and alone with a dog sniffing at his feet.

And I'm not even going to touch upon the fact that the writers must think we're utter morons in not remembering that not only he killed her father but that pledge compromised him just as much because he did.

So glad EH is done with this waste dump......she went from a role that garnered her 4 Emmy nods on Y&R  into GH where she was treated like a fucking dayplayer. If that doesn't show you the level of incompetence of this people, nothing will-

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I guess Scam is being shoved into the Wiley/Jonah story neXT.  how is it possible that KeMo gets story after story when she mumbles her lines and actively looks like she would rather be anywhere else....

meanwhile BH is always prepared and engaged and gets scraps that Basically amount to day player status. I'll never understand. But I guess that's why I gave up watching anything but clips. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, makelemons said:

I guess Scam is being shoved into the Wiley/Jonah story neXT.  how is it possible that KeMo gets story after story when she mumbles her lines and actively looks like she would rather be anywhere else....

meanwhile BH is always prepared and engaged and gets scraps that Basically amount to day player status. I'll never understand. But I guess that's why I gave up watching anything but clips. 

TPTB must believe Kelly has built up this gigantic fanbase and they're afraid to lose them...

Because she is horrible.  I don't know why the general audience would even find this character appealing. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

all people really need to heal is an apology. He was never able or willing to bestow that, he can go die old and alone with a dog sniffing at his feet.

Hey now, what did dogs ever do to you to make you want one stuck alone with Sonny's nasty corpse??

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hey now, what did dogs ever do to you to make you want one stuck alone with Sonny's nasty corpse??

Sorry I just watched The Godfather 3 a few days ago and the last image stuck, lol

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Willow told Chase that only Lucas's name was on the adoption application. For the lawyers out there: what is the significance of that?

That he's the sole legal parent? I thought with a married couple, both parties have to sign. It will cause trouble somehow when the baby switch comes out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought what she said was she only paid attention to Lucas' name (I assume because he's a doctor)  I don't remember any mention of Brad's name not being on the form.  

59 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

not only he killed her father but that pledge compromised him just as much because he did.

Problem is, there is no proof that he pulled the trigger on dear old dad, so there's nothing pointing the finger at him.  

Loved, loved Chase's glee at being allowed to arrest Shiloh.  He's such a cutie.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Problem is, there is no proof that he pulled the trigger on dear old dad, so there's nothing pointing the finger at him.  

There's no proof of her mom conspiring to kill him either....or of her discarding of evidence....the pledge's are essentially worthless. What s true is that Margaux was setting up a very good case against Sonny last year, and was able to place the gun used to kill her dad to a someone working for Scully in 1985...somethng Sonny admitted to doing around that time. Having Margo's mom recognize Sonny as the man who went to her home last year to get the info would at the v ery least point the PCPD in Sonny's direction enough to start an investigation where stuff could be found.

I mean Sonny got that information from her mom for a reason, to stop Margo from investigating. Seems he was less secure about his being free and clear then.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Hater said:

Jason Morgan out lawyering Margaux.   The Holy Mobster knows all!

Jason can also do open heart surgery wearing his girdle and tight t-shirt.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Sam looked a lot better today dressed up than in her usual skinny jeans and ugly shirt. Remember though dresses and skirts are suffocating!

However, her pretending to be Willow.  A mess.  Idk what KM was going for.   It's obvious her and her on screen father have more chemistry than anything with Steve Burton.

Sonny and Margo was disgusting, but what else is knew?

I believe she was going for naive and innocent dingbat - not that Willow is any of those things.

Chase being so excited about arresting Shiloh was adorable. Somehow, in this whole DoD storyline, he and Willow continue to be fantastic while everyone else (Shiloh, Harmony, Sonny, Sam, Kristina, Jason) are all butts. I suppose Alexis, Molly, and the good doctor are also okay.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, makelemons said:

I guess Scam is being shoved into the Wiley/Jonah story netx.

Ugh, Sam and Lucas being siblings is only ever used as a plot point, almost exclusively to prop up Sam herself.  Her entrance into a story that's already going to be dominated by Willow, Michael, and (presumably) Carly is not a good sign.

• Love 6

Ugh with the heaviest anvils about Michael missing Wiley, etc.  I really want the swap secret out. Julian will of course become even more of a persona non grata because he's Julian, but at least it's finally out.

Wiley looked as bored as I am with this show until Chase showed up. That smile/giggle at the end was adorable.

I forget, does Julian know Wiley is Michael and Nelle's?

I like that Willow has few regrets about giving up Wiley. I hope it stays this way and there isn't a baby-steal scheme in the future. This story is dumb enough and losing soapiness by the second.

And of course Julian helps out Sam and Jason for what ever that Wiley-related courthouse thing was and Jason still thinks Julian has an agenda. For his own grandson. UGH.

Good for Maxie for smacking down Lulu's "I'm above writing about men who rob women while out on dates" high horse. Ugh. Girl Reporter, you've never been all that.

I was kind of hoping Shiloh would drop his guru persona and unleash hell on Port Charles.

The whole thing with the DoD pledges gives me a rage blackout.

After seeing the episode, I don't think just Lucas signed the adoption papers; Willow said she focused on him in the application.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I forget, does Julian know Wiley is Michael and Nelle's?

Nope, I think Brad told him a homeless woman gave him the baby, something to that effect.

The only people who know the full story are Nelle, Brad, Dr. O, and my off-screen Britta.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

After seeing the episode, I don't think just Lucas signed the adoption papers; Willow said she focused on him in the application.

I didn't see the episode, but why would, on paper, Willow be dismissive of Brad?  Brad's mob ties aren't commonly known versus Lucas' - he doesn't even have that last name -, he doesn't have an arrest record, he has a perfectly fine job etc.

Edited by TeeVee329

I couldn't understand a word Sam said in that courthouse scene with Julian. What exactly did they do with all the shuffling of the papers ? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Benji said:

I couldn't understand a word Sam said in that courthouse scene with Julian. What exactly did they do with all the shuffling of the papers ? 

You're not alone, I had no idea what was going on.

• Love 2

Michael thanking Sam and Jason for saving the world from Shiloh was just ugh. it's not like they invented the cure for cancer, or even had a good plan.  I want Shiloh to hire Nora and beat the charge.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, dubbel zout said:

Why don't they just inject air into Ryan's bloodstream? Why mess around with some drug? I'm also annoyed that everyone is so offended Ryan won't donate his kidney to Jordan. What to do they expect? He's a terrible person.

It's actually more difficult than TV shows portray it, you need a much larger bubble of air since blood is used to carrying air.

It is stupid to expect Ryan to just donate to show he's a good person. He gets joy from manipulating people, he's not just going to agree.

19 hours ago, ciarra said:

Me: "He was twenty."

Who is this snowflake Morgan who loves penguins and flowers and fireflies? I remember seeing a Morgan on the show but this is not he.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I want Jordan to develop a psychosis that now that she has a killer's kidney in her, she's becoming a killer too. It's the only way to save this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin injected the drug into the IV line, knowing what Ryan is allergic to, and then switched places with him so that he could sign the consent form. But how is he going to switch Ryan back again before the surgery? If Ryan is unconscious, it's going to take more than Kevin to do it, isn't it?

Even if they are both left-handed, a handwriting analyst could prove that it wasn't Ryan's handwriting on the consent form. So stupid.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought what she said was she only paid attention to Lucas' name (I assume because he's a doctor)  I don't remember any mention of Brad's name not being on the form.

She said she really wanted Lucas to be her baby's father because of what she read in his application. And yeah, Brad is a good guy too.

When I remember that Lucas deliberately kept Julian out of it because he is such a bad man but that Carly, the wife of the biggest mob boss in the eastern seaboard, was their reference, it makes me ragey.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh with the heaviest anvils about Michael missing Wiley, etc.  I really want the swap secret out. 

I rolled my eyes when Chase said "That baby really likes you" and Brad looked scared/nervous in reaction.

• LOL 2

The courthouse scenes were stupid, but there's a perverse hilarity in KeMo only emoting when she's playing a part and/or ~conning someone.  When she's just with Jason?  Insomnia cure.

Also, did I miss something--is Michael Wiley's godfather?  He NEVER mentions it. 

Jason: "Just remember, Julian has his own agenda--we can't trust him."

Me: "OMFG, like you three idiots--and your missing two appendages, Sonny and Carly--aren't self-serving?  GTFO of here with that "we be noble" bullshit."

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Oh my god Kelly Monaco - no audible words! Does no one else see/not hear this?.

(I accidentally put it in the spoilers thread. The last thing on earth this is is a spoiler!)

No one cares. FV and ABC allow her to do this every single time she's on screen. But I mean then you have Benard today sounding like he has Tourettes  "PRED-A TOR!!!!!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Loved, loved Chase's glee at being allowed to arrest Shiloh.  He's such a cutie.  

I have kind of fallen in love with Chase a little. This was the best part of today by far. His "YEAH!" just made me smile. The rest of the show was horrible.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Chad Duell is horrible at handling babies.

I don't remember him being this way in the past. Wasn't he pretty good with Avery?

Sam should dress like that more often. It would make up for at least a little bit of the other character flaws.

"TAKE. THE WIN!" Jesus, that was a horrible line delivery.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Sam should dress like that more often. It would make up for at least a little bit of the other character flaws.

But those are the clothes of suffocation and Drew-ism, a foray into the life she did not want.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Chase being so excited about arresting Shiloh was adorable. Somehow, in this whole DoD storyline, he and Willow continue to be fantastic while everyone else (Shiloh, Harmony, Sonny, Sam, Kristina, Jason) are all butts. I suppose Alexis, Molly, and the good doctor are also okay.

Are we going to have a summer of 'who done it' mystery of who killed Shiloh with several false arrest before it comes out that either the DA or Willow's mother did it. I think I could go for a really good, who killed JR (dated myself here) type of thing but I don't think that even the writers on their best days could do ten percent of that justice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, xfuse said:

I think I could go for a really good, who killed JR (dated myself here) type of thing but I don't think that even the writers on their best days could do ten percent of that justice.

NO ONE could top that amazing storyline, and this show proves, on a regular basis, that it fucks up and distorts the story lines they do steal and use. Please, no.

I like Chase most times too. EXCEPT when he's trashing Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Or thinks he could stop him or whatever because Finn's fee-fees are hurt that Robert "seems" to be in the way. On one hand, Robert. The other? Flat, monotone, BORING, whiny Finn. NO CONTEST.

• Love 1

Harmony reminds me of Brenda- dark hair, lots of Botox, pathetic about Shiloh/Sonny.

Loved the Lucas/Willow scene, it was very sweet.  Willow is growing on me, though I dread the day she will inevitably choose Droopy Dog Michael over Chase :-(

• Love 1