Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Ok - so this isn't *my* favorite commercial, but it's clearly one kid's! The story is making the rounds, so I apologize if this is a repeat, but I thought it was too good not to share just in case.

A little guy in Louisiana is *obsessed* with cheesy ads from a local lawyer (which I'm sure one of us would put in the "annoying commercials" thread). So what does mom do? Throw him a lawyer-themed birthday party!

Toddler ‘Fixated’ With Personal Injury Lawyer Gets a Birthday Party He’ll Never Forget

Here's one of the commercials...

Edited by ivygirl

I like the Allstate ad where dad goes out to get the paper and notices that the car has sustained some damage. "Michael James!". Then the spokesdude states, "Uh oh. Middle name. Not good". Cracks me up. Sounds like the refrain at my house when we were teens.

• Love 6

I liked the Dentastix ads better when Duchovny was doing the dog's voice.  Since the sticks are X-shaped, it just made so much sense to have Mulder be the dog.

And here's the original version of "Feeling Good" from the Virgin Atlantic ad...

• Love 1

Don't hate me, but the Esurance commercial with Buster Posey delivering the baby always makes me laugh.  I love the way he comes running into the room saying, "Who's ready to deliver this baby?"  I don't like the San Francisco Giants but this commercial makes Buster Posey seem like a cool dude.

• Love 6

The Infiniti commercial with Ethan Embry nails the fun of the "Vacation" movie.  Something the makers of the new film seemed to have missed.  

The Christie Brinkley reveal never gets old and there is just enough of "Holiday Road" to enjoy but not yet become an earworm.

• Love 1

Don't hate me, but the Esurance commercial with Buster Posey delivering the baby always makes me laugh.  I love the way he comes running into the room saying, "Who's ready to deliver this baby?"  I don't like the San Francisco Giants but this commercial makes Buster Posey seem like a cool dude.

I totally love this one, and I think, for me, probably half of it is I'm so used to athletes being just so bad in commercials. There's a special sliding scale for athletes acting in commercials. Posey goes beyond "passable, for an athelete in a commercial" to just plain passable for an actor in a commercial. So the surprise factor there that I'm not cringing at the usual woodenness might be getting him extra bonus points with me, whether I mean to or not.

The other side of it is he plays it so straightforwardly. I freakin' love it. And I am also not a Giants fan. Although I hear he has twins? So it's also super believable to me that he'd be totally "alright, let's do this" in a delivery room.

• Love 1

I don't think he would spontaneously say that, but the fact that he does carry around Kleenex & can talk about feelings indicates, to me at least, he's been drilled at home not to be a brute.  He's heard that line many times from his parent(s).

The boy in the commercial looks a lot like more husband's eleven year old nephew.

Continuing to prove the inverse relationship between quality of food and cuteness of commercials.  Do condensed versions of these ever air on television?  I've never seen one, but it could work.

Love the creaky filmstrip with Flo saying "Sprinkles are for winners" and the giant 'car baby'. That baby is the cutest.

The car full of dogs barking at the postal truck... with the puppy in the baby seat.

• Love 3

I've only seen this commercial without sound at the gym, but I really like the one for some investment company that shows a young woman on her laptop at her kitchen island, when a vision of herself as an old fast-food fry cook materializes as a cautionary tale to talk to her about the wisdom of saving and investing. Very smart way to motivate the target audience, it seems to me.

Man, if they played commercials like that in front of movies I wouldn't complain about sitting through them after I've paid for a ticket. It'd be like getting extra value!

My favorite commercials of the moment are those Volkswgen ads with the little old ladies. They're hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATxYHQlqDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhGpZaLC10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-He3Gq43DA

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 2

They're not astoundingly clever or anything, but I like the Match.com (I think) ads positioning themselves as the happy middle between dating sites where people sign up hoping to get laid that night and those where people sign up hoping to get engaged that month... especially because they are clearly making fun of eHarmony with the latter scenarios, and making fun of eHarmony is something I can always get behind.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 6

This Johnson and Johnson commercial gives me too many feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVeOq60GcA

I know (especially as 1 with a history of numerous hospitalizations since birth, due to birth defects & related issues). I also mentioned the same commercial upthread--as far as I'm concerned, this commercial can't get enough mention. I love the relationship that seems to have been fostered between the nurse & his young patient.

• Love 8

I know (especially as 1 with a history of numerous hospitalizations since birth, due to birth defects & related issues). I also mentioned the same commercial upthread--as far as I'm concerned, this commercial can't get enough mention. I love the relationship that seems to have been fostered between the nurse & his young patient.

Sorry, I must have missed your post, I try not to repeat, but I guess I just missed this one.

Sorry, I must have missed your post, I try not to repeat, but I guess I just missed this one.

It's OK by me, & I don't think anybody else minds either. Honestly.

Like I said, I don't think this particular commercial can get enough praise.

• Love 6

I can't begin to say how much I love the Geico golf course "Kraken, It's what you do" commercial. I laugh every time.

"It looks like he's going to go with a 9-iron. That may not be enough club."

• Love 7

I can't begin to say how much I love the Geico golf course "Kraken, It's what you do" commercial. I laugh every time.

"It looks like he's going to go with a 9-iron. That may not be enough club."

This ad kills me every time!  The whispering announcers while the Kraken is beating the players, ah, what more could you want?

• Love 1