Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

More than cute, that is absolutely hilarious! "Worst marionette ever!"

ETA: Kudos to the pet wranglers for that ad. It must have taken  a lot of work.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 11

I think the Infiniti commercial with Christie Brinkley is kind of cute - it's a take-off on the classic scene from National Lampoon's Vacation with the family father in the SUV being flirted with by a gorgeous blonde in a red sports car. The best part is when he turns to his wife and it's Christie Brinkley. I just don't know how many people remember she played the Sports Car Blonde in the original movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_uFOezHyO4

There's another commercial I caught that's really cute, it's for some kind of acne medication and the announcer is telling the pimple-faced kid acne won't last forever, just like your mom interrupting you won't last forever. Then we see a series of clips where the mother is constantly walking in on her son with a basket of laundry throughout his entire life, right up to the point where's she's a head in a jar like a Futurama episode.

(I've got bad news for that kid though - sometimes acne does last forever.)

• Love 4
(edited)

Have you seen the trailer for the new Vacation? (It's no longer National Lampoon's Vacation)

The father (played by Ed Helms)  is driving the RV, he looks to his left and a beautiful blonde is waving at him as she passes him on the left.  He looks right to his wife, and while he's looking away, a big rig truck wipes out the girl in the car.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 4

I think the Infiniti commercial with Christie Brinkley is kind of cute - it's a take-off on the classic scene from National Lampoon's Vacation with the family father in the SUV being flirted with by a gorgeous blonde in a red sports car. The best part is when he turns to his wife and it's Christie Brinkley.

She looks good for 61, younger than the guy.

• Love 2

I think the Infiniti commercial with Christie Brinkley is kind of cute - it's a take-off on the classic scene from National Lampoon's Vacation with the family father in the SUV being flirted with by a gorgeous blonde in a red sports car. The best part is when he turns to his wife and it's Christie Brinkley. I just don't know how many people remember she played the Sports Car Blonde in the original movie.

That's cute! I hadn't seen it.

I'm blonde and almost 61. That's where the resemblance between Christie and me ends. Oh, I do still have pretty blazingly blue eyes...

• Love 1
(edited)

Awww, I love those Dear Kitten commercials. See, Ad Makers? Ads can be made without a lot of noise and without insulting the intelligence of your audience AND be appealing. All at the same time. Who knew!

I know they're well hated, but I love the one chicken fry commercial where the chicken is drawing the chicken fry crown on her head and says "chicken friesssss." I spent all day today saying it to my mom.

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 1

More than cute, that is absolutely hilarious! "Worst marionette ever!"

ETA: Kudos to the pet wranglers for that ad. It must have taken a lot of work.

"I've seen them take the legs from right out under a baby" made me LOL.
  • Love 2

That's not Ethan Embrie (who played the son in Vegas Vacation) playing the guy is it? 

The GAP khakis ads from the 90s--the swing one and the khakis a-go-go ones--were fun. They do, however, remind me that I'm too uncoordinated to do the pony or Bristol stomp, let alone the swing steps. They must live on YouTube somewhere.

Regarding trendy clothing stores where I am too old and too stingy to shop, "Make it Madras" was the only Old Navy commercial I have ever liked, despite the heavy airplay it got.

Including Old Navy? Their stuff is dirt cheap. And I wear a size or two smaller in their jeans. :D They're not stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like the Nationwide commercial with all the little kids experiencing grown-up frustration.  "Waiter!  Waiter!"

I especially like the kid who throws the cellphone.  Cracks me up.

I'm not a big fan of country music, but I like the guy singing the "Baby Let's Ride" song for the Dodge Ram commercial.

Also, forgot to add Lil' Sweet (former American Idol Justin Guarini) in the Diet Dr. Pepper ads. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

I think this commercial for Sleep Number beds is kinda cute. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" plays as a couple flirt on their way to bed. They sync this to the woman growling like a lion, and hubby is (of course) a monkey. As they fall asleep, the husband begins to snore and she gives him this exasperated look and uses her control to raise the head of his side of the bed and he immediately stops. Cue the wife snoring like a buzz saw. Hubby's arm shoots up immediately with his control to raise her head, too. And peace is restored to the jungle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfTCgYsHA5c

• Love 1

riley701 - your post about the sleep number bed reminded me of 2 ads they run occasionally here in Michigan for the iComfort Sleep System by Serta.  I wish I knew how to attach the ads like you guys because they're funny as hell!  But anyhow, this is what they're about:

The first one shows a lady laying on her comfy mattress reading when her husband walks in w/an alpaca & announces to her that he just cashed in their 401k to fund an alpaca farm.  The wife smiles sweetly & says, "Okay, I'm comfortable with that!"  OMG I laugh out loud every time I see it!

The second one shows her laying on the bed & her husband walks in dressed like a punk rocker from the 80s & tells her he's decided to get his band back together again, and she responds same as above.  Then it shows the 2 of them "spooning" & he's dressed like the punk rocker.  Too, too funny! 

• Love 3

Also, forgot to add Lil' Sweet (former American Idol Justin Guarini) in the Diet Dr. Pepper ads.

HOLY COW!!!! Did not even recognize him or put two and two together!!!! Just thought it was a Prince imitator.

MIND BLOWN!

• Love 2

I love this ad.

Except that I've been told by more than one person you might as well feed your dog poison if you're buying Beneful. There are actually pending lawsuits against it as we speak.

• Love 2

When it comes to pet food commercials, there is an inverse relationship between the quality of the food and the cuteness of the ad.

Few of the higher-quality brands even run commercials, so we see ads from Purina, Friskies, Iams, etc.  No matter how cute the ads are, I'm not feeding my cat that stuff ... but I do enjoy watching them.

• Love 3
(edited)

You know, I looked up the Beneful poison claims and I don't see anything from any veterinary professionals saying it's bad.  It's all anecdotal.

I'm not 100% certain I'm following your train of thought, so ignore me if I'm off-base, (also I'm not putting a ton of effort into fact-checking since clearly there's tons of dubious stuff on this topic on the internet and not all is relevant) but I have a hazy memory of an actual real life recall of one of their products at some point several years ago? A real case of contamination, but probably more along the lines of "bags dated BLAH til BLEH with serial nos ending in SOMETHING". IE I don't know that it's as a general rule bad or poison, but conceivably maintains a poor reputation due to a previous incident and de interwebs spiraled it into nonsense?

Not that plenty of reputable companies don't have recalls from time to time, but maybe that's the origin?

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I don't know that it's as a general rule bad or poison, but conceivably maintains a poor reputation due to a previous incident and de interwebs spiraled it into nonsense?

And then you get the people feeding Beneful to their dogs...and the dogs get sick, as dogs will sometimes do, and they blame it on the Beneful.  Never mind that your dog was eating the dirt at the dog park**, twigs on the way home, and snacking on the cats' litter box.  It was the *Beneful* that made him/her sick.  Not the drinking out of a perhaps not-so-clean toilet; it was the Beneful.

**True.  I typed up a dog's chart today where it had eaten dirt at the dog park. And they wonder why he's got worms.

• Love 8

And then you get the people feeding Beneful to their dogs...and the dogs get sick, as dogs will sometimes do, and they blame it on the Beneful.  Never mind that your dog was eating the dirt at the dog park**, twigs on the way home, and snacking on the cats' litter box.  It was the *Beneful* that made him/her sick.  Not the drinking out of a perhaps not-so-clean toilet; it was the Beneful.

**True.  I typed up a dog's chart today where it had eaten dirt at the dog park. And they wonder why he's got worms.

Okay, I gotta tell you, that's killing me!  Our dog used to do JUST THAT! 

• Love 4

A client of ours had problems with her dog eating his own poop. Somebody told her to feed the dog a Fig Newton daily.  I've since googled it, and it does seem to be the solution - the figs make the poop taste even weirder than normal and they won't eat it.

• Love 5