Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I just saw an ad for Kibbles n Bits, where a boy is looking unhappy and his dad asks him if he's having girl trouble.  You hear a voice saying, "One word."  The boy looks over to the dog, who is saying, "Just look into her eyes, and say, 'Bieber.'"  The look on the dog's face has me laughing.  Unfortunately, I can't find it online.

I hope that woman takes the time between when her psycho boyfriend/husband takes off after the neighbor and comes back upstairs planning to beat and kill her to run like hell. 

And then maybe she and the neighbor can each pick up some sort of Life Skills 101 book and learn how to turn the damn water off.

• Love 5

I agree, Bastet.  I hate that commercial with the fire of a thousand suns.  It makes no freakin' sense.  Does the boyfriend think they're sexing it up at the kitchen sink?  With a geyser?  If the floor's wet enough to leak through to unit 701, the guy in 801 ought to notice the wet floor as well as his woman's wet hair.

And does 701 leave his car parked in front of the building all the time?  Doesn't that annoy the other residents?  I'm thinking *that's* why the guy from 801 took out after him - it's not the woman - it's the rude parking.

• Love 3

ADT Always There commercial.  I really like this one, especially the reaction of the burglars.

Are they going home, or just around back, since the ADT dude is "always there" on the front lawn? BTW, one of the top rules of security systems is not to tell anyone anything about what you have because it helps crooks to know, but ADT seems to be a particularly heavy offender in having signage (and you can see it in the ad); I guess advertising is more important than serving the customer.

Are they going home, or just around back, since the ADT dude is "always there" on the front lawn? 

Since he just stands there, I figure he trades shifts with the elderly knight from the other security system ads.

• Love 3

I have a new favorite commercial.  It's one of those commercials that either play on really obscure channels or when you watch something On Demand.  It's for a toy that you get for your dog so your dog doesn't destroy your home when you leave it alone.  So, the first part of the commercial, in black and white, is of dogs destroying homes when they are left alone.  Awesome.  Then the rest of the commercial, in color (just like Dorothy when she gets to Oz) is of the dogs playing with this ball that emits this noise that sounds just like a baby laughing.  And they are happy and play with it endlessly and don't destroy your home.

The best part is the name - it's a Wobble Wag Giggle Ball !

• Love 1

I just hope dogs don't start attacking giggling babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGUDlIYkRU

Holy hell.  It's like on Shark Tank, these geniuses put squeakers in toddler's pants on the knees so that you'd know where your kid was by sound.  Not by paying attention to them but the trailing squeaks.  They didn't think that it might entice dogs to attack the kids especially since they said parents could drop the kids at the park and then sit on a bench somewhere.

• Love 1

Holy hell.  It's like on Shark Tank, these geniuses put squeakers in toddler's pants on the knees so that you'd know where your kid was by sound.  Not by paying attention to them but the trailing squeaks.

My Mom put tiny bells on our shoe laces when we were small to aide in auditory got tracking so squeakers in knees is just shifting the age range down.

The dog toy with giggle sounds seems like a bad idea though.

My Mom put tiny bells on our shoe laces when we were small to aide in auditory got tracking so squeakers in knees is just shifting the age range down.

The dog toy with giggle sounds seems like a bad idea though.

Yea, I'm sure it sounds brilliant until a crawling human squeaky toy crawling through a public park is pounced on by a strange dog

I am inexplicably fond of cheesy regional commercials.  I can't find the one that is currently airing for Spec's Liquor, but here's an older one of similar quality.

This is a long time affliction of mine.  In college, I loved the radio spot that specified it's location with "We're in the BLUE building, next to the red building" and the one that instructed you to

Put your nose

On your knee

and hop hop hop

Like a big bunny

I didn't know cars were supposed to go sideways.  What's the purpose of that? Isn't it hard on the tires?

No, cars aren't normally supposed to go sideways, and it is very hard on the tires.  It's just a way of showing off, that has led to organized exhibitions and competitions usually referred to as Drifting

• Love 1

I suppose in certain scenarios going sideways is okay if the alternative is rolling.  I'd prefer to do neither.  

I had a version of that giggle ball 15 years ago --- the plastic was hard as a rock so it had to be an outdoor toy, otherwise it would have wrecked the walls and furniture.  At least with my dog whacking it around. So that kind of defeated the purpose as a distract the dog in the house while you're gone toy.

I am inexplicably fond of cheesy regional commercials.  I can't find the one that is currently airing for Spec's Liquor, but here's an older one of similar quality.

Mr. Bubbls and I are too. We have our favorite local lawyer commercials that involve a lot of really bad acting and dropped coffee cups, and then there are the suit shop and the towing company with their maddeningly catchy jingles. 

Unless you're in the Fast and Furious movies, in which case cars go sideways, backwards, and a hundred feet in the air all the time.

Which I think is what they're going for in this commercial. That demographic.

Unless you're in the Fast and Furious movies, in which case cars go sideways, backwards, and a hundred feet in the air all the time.

Which I think is what they're going for in this commercial. That demographic.

I believe both of these comments where made with the utmost reverence, humanly possible.  Else the DK, Han loving, ride and die entity in me is ready for a 1/4 mile throw down. Long live the Han, long live the Gisele and long live the Walker.

• Love 1

There was a tv on in a pizza place I stopped by the other night, and I saw a very cute credit card commercial of a series of (probably) youtube clips of people's pets just being adorable -- in costume, etc.  Just sweetness and wonderfulness and it instantly sucked me in while I waited to place my order.  

Will definitely pause on it if I see it while FF in the future!

Yeah, I didn't really like that line because neutering is not a guarantee against a male cat ever spraying again (it certainly increases the odds dramatically, and the younger they are when it's done - within reason - the better, but it's not an absolute), but other than that Scooter continues to crack me up.

• Love 1

Osm that couple does look straight out of deliverance. The chicken is just going along doing his thing.

the guy at breakfast with the eggs is weird. Not sure what to make of that. No one questions the chicken being around.

it just makes me laugh

Osm that couple does look straight out of deliverance. The chicken is just going along doing his thing.

the guy at breakfast with the eggs is weird. Not sure what to make of that. No one questions the chicken being around.

it just makes me laugh

I say eat up chicken, I like my chicken wings plump and juicy. Roam all you like chicken. Your destination and ending remains the same. Ain't no president going to pardon your poor excuse for poultry.

• Love 4

I have no idea why, but I irrationally love the Method "clean happy" commercials.  I love the "Charles, what the fffff???" comment as Charles drops the chicken on the floor.

I've seen that a few times over the weekend, kassa, and still don't know what it is for.

I think the tagline was something about "for buying fun."  So a departure from the usual "for groceries/travel/business/luxuries" kind of credit card push.