Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 9/26/2021 at 1:21 PM, peacheslatour said:

I hated Chantix when I took it. I had waking nightmares. It was like living Eraserhead.

What is Chantix?  Is it the medication that's supposed to help you quit smoking?  That ended up F'n with peoples minds?  I never tried it since it wasn't covered.  Ambien was the same way but i still take it although i did have some weirdness.  Like the driving at night and not realizing it..  yup that happened to me.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

What is Chantix?  Is it the medication that's supposed to help you quit smoking?  That ended up F'n with peoples minds?  I never tried it since it wasn't covered.  Ambien was the same way but i still take it although i did have some weirdness.  Like the driving at night and not realizing it..  yup that happened to me.

I'm glad you never tried it. The Ambien side effects are scary enough.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm glad you never tried it. The Ambien side effects are scary enough.

Hooo boy are they!! I did the midnight cooking and eating, walked out my door and got down on the snow to rest. Didn't do the driving thing, but I did burn the heck out of one of my hands with a melted tupperware lid I melted while cooking at midnight. I went back to bed not even realizing how badly my hand was burnt. That was back in the late 90's and I still have scars on my left hand. That was it for the Ambien for me!

27 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

I worked retail until two years ago and if I get exceptional customer service, you bet I'm going to seek out a manager and give a compliment. I don't care what Dr. Rick says.

And he didn't even seek out the manager, he happened upon him, said, "Oh good, the manager" and told him Brian in produce was very helpful and continued on shopping.  I'm with you rather than Dr. Rick; that's not silly, that's commendable.  People with negative experiences often let management know, but people who get notably good customer service are much less likely to. 

• Love 16

I just saw a commercial for The General auto insurance. I'm sure the insurance is terrible, but the commercial is hilarious. Montell Jordan (R&B singer) is following Shaq around his house, and whatever DIY project Shaq is trying to complete, Montell does it faster and better and sings the tag line from his hit song, "This is how we do it." It's one of those commercials I could watch over and over and never get tired of. At least not for a while. And Montell still sounds great. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, peacheslatour said:

I hated Chantix when I took it. I had waking nightmares. It was like living Eraserhead.

This sounds awful and you have my sympathy, but this is a hilarious description

On 9/28/2021 at 4:00 AM, Haleth said:

Right?  Or helping someone fit into a parking space.  What's wrong with being nice to strangers?

I don't think the commercial is trying to say there's anything wrong with this, just that it's something "your parents" do. I mean, I don't think ill of my parents/aunts/uncles for doing the things in the commercials; it's just not what my peers do.

Also, if you're the type who likes to give managers compliments about employees...I just deleted what I wrote and am putting it in Small Talk.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I get Elton John being on the rocket, but, not being familiar with Nas X, what's the significance of the pink pony?

Because the song that made him famous was about riding his horse:

Cowboy imagery is his thing; he also wrote a children's book featuring a pony.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, captain1 said:

I love the new Uber Eats ad with Elton John and Nas X!

Me too.  I especially love the one where UberEats delivers Sir Elton's dinner in a bag encrusted with golden sparkles. 

• Love 7

That one doesn't do anything for me because, unlike the other commercials in the series, I'm not familiar with the reference - the only Muppets I know are those that were on Sesame Street back in my day ('70s), so the Animal in this commercial is just some random annoying puppet to me.  But I think most people have more Muppet knowledge than I do, so it's probably a good ad. 

• Love 3

Just saw the Google Store commercial with the girl searching for vintage scalloped sunglasses which we think are for her, but winds up giving as a gift to her grandmother.  Inside the box is also a photo of her grandmother wearing glasses that looked exactly like those when she was a young woman

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Just saw the Google Store commercial with the girl searching for vintage scalloped sunglasses which we think are for her, but winds up giving as a gift to her grandmother.  Inside the box is also a photo of her grandmother wearing glasses that looked exactly like those when she was a young woman

I saw that one last night. So sweet.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ctlady said:

Great commercial!  I saw it yesterday

• Love 3

I keep seeing a Terror on Tubi ad for their halloween horror movie selection that’s scored with Belinda Carlisle’s Heaven Is a Place on Earth and it’s just such an odd, yet strangely perfect song choice that it cracks me up every time I see it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Check out the new Petco Christmas commercial! The guy in the commercial is really cute (“I’m definitely getting my belly rubbed after the holiday dinner”),  but the golden doodle at the very end  is even cuter!   Great commercial.

• Love 2

I still love the ad where the husband is trying to install a basketball net, insisting he knows what he's doing, and the whole thing collapses. Every time his wife spins around, stomps toward the house saying, "I'ma call my dad" I say it with her. I *love* that line!!!!! 

• LOL 5
On 9/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, Gramto6 said:

Hooo boy are they!! I did the midnight cooking and eating, walked out my door and got down on the snow to rest. Didn't do the driving thing, but I did burn the heck out of one of my hands with a melted tupperware lid I melted while cooking at midnight. I went back to bed not even realizing how badly my hand was burnt. That was back in the late 90's and I still have scars on my left hand. That was it for the Ambien for me!

There was an episode of "The New Adventures of New Christine" where it was alleged she was given Ambien but it was never mentioned by product name.  It was hysterical!!  She was up all night, inviting people over for waffles, telling an ex she still loved him and had ZERO memory of it, lol  I am sorry your hand was burnt.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There was an episode of "The New Adventures of New Christine" where it was alleged she was given Ambien but it was never mentioned by product name.  It was hysterical!!  She was up all night, inviting people over for waffles, telling an ex she still loved him and had ZERO memory of it, lol  I am sorry your hand was burnt.

In my opinion there was nothing funny ha ha about  the side effects of Ambien they were potentially deadly and definitely painfully for many. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

In my opinion there was nothing funny ha ha about  the side effects of Ambien they were potentially deadly and definitely painfully for many. 

Well as someone who came out of the winning side of a HARD Ambien addiction, I have to say I sill thought it was funny.  But I do respect your opinion and feelings. 🙂

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I'm enjoying the Beijing Winter Olympics ad with the Bangles' version of Simon and Garfunkle's 'Hazy Shade of Winter'. I always like the winter sports the best!

I like that ad, too, just 'cause I love that cover :). I always want to listen to the full song afterward.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I think it's for PetSmart, I like it the one with people singing, "I'd Do Anything," from Oliver. I like the song and I like seeing the happy pets.

I don't like the song, but I do love the commercial - happy pets and their parents for the win!  I like how many different animals are included.

• Love 4
On 10/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Crashcourse said:

I've been complaining about good songs being used in crappy commercials, but I love this commercial and it's deserving of that song.  

It's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw that commercial.  The father dancing with the baby to that song just takes it to a different, really sweet level that doesn't make me mad about them using 'Just the Two of Us'.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Doesn't Nancy sing it to Fagin in the movie?

On the Original Bway Cast album, the track starts off with Fagin saying, "C'mon, Nancy, give us a show..." and she and Dodger sing it and then turn it over to Bet and Oliver. As I recall, Bet was pretty much omitted from the movie. She was Nancy's younger sidekick.

I'm enjoying the Air B&B ads, especially "Wild Thing" where they bring the kitty along on vacation and the owner leaves catnip for the cat.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

The commercial for an anti-wrinkle product is pretty funny. Two older people are struggling to put boxes on an upper shelf, their grandson is coming up the stairs, and their shouts make the kid think they are "getting it on". The grandmom says "Hi Joshy" and the kid runs away embarrassed. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

The 'episodes' can be pretty crazy.  My two worst was driving to my doctor's office at 8ish pm thinking it was 8am.  I couldn't reason why there were no people in the lobby and if it wasn't for 1 nurse getting off shift, I'd still be there.  Other episode i got up in the middle of the night and was making a cup of coffee, and instead of creamer i was using Ajax!  You know for cleaning the toilet, that cleanser.  Thank Goodness it looked weird enough that i woke up. Dumped it all and went back to bed. Plus it only helps me sleep for a couple hours.  Thats it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

The 'episodes' can be pretty crazy.  My two worst was driving to my doctor's office at 8ish pm thinking it was 8am.  I couldn't reason why there were no people in the lobby and if it wasn't for 1 nurse getting off shift, I'd still be there.  Other episode i got up in the middle of the night and was making a cup of coffee, and instead of creamer i was using Ajax!  You know for cleaning the toilet, that cleanser.  Thank Goodness it looked weird enough that i woke up. Dumped it all and went back to bed. Plus it only helps me sleep for a couple hours.  Thats it.

I am grateful I never had anything like that.  My issue was this:  I am sitting in a meeting, fully aware of what is going on, even taking notes.  Next day?  ZERO memory of that meeting.  None.  

Forever grateful that crap is out of my life. 

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am grateful I never had anything like that.  My issue was this:  I am sitting in a meeting, fully aware of what is going on, even taking notes.  Next day?  ZERO memory of that meeting.  None.  

Forever grateful that crap is out of my life. 

Well, i take it maybe 1 or 2 nights a week and have none of these problems at all, so, for me,  it really is a big help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Normally I hate it when Christmas commercials air too soon, but I love the Wayfair commercial with the widower surrounded by his family watching home movies. That commercial was made with a lot of heart, which is a rarity these days.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Normally I hate it when Christmas commercials air too soon, but I love the Wayfair commercial with the widower surrounded by his family watching home movies. That commercial was made with a lot of heart, which is a rarity these days.

It makes me cry because that's how my dad was after my mom died.

• Love 2

Not favorite, exactly, but it made me laugh so I guess this is the best place to comment on it.  There's an ad for a phone - Google pixel 6, I think - where they're telling us all the things the camera can do.  It can adjust for lighting, skin tones, and let you edit things out of the photo that distract from your story, like a random construction worker, or the one I enjoyed - the couple apparently proposing/getting engaged, as the phone owner or their subject photo-bombed the occasion.

• Love 2