Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I finally got to see the Walter the Cat commercial for Silverados and I liked it.  

ETA:  Colin Jost is very funny.  He does the Weekend Update news spoof on SNL.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9
On 2/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

Not gonna lie, I think the new Alexa commercial with ScarJo and hubby CoJo is quite funny. 

They have two Alexa commercials running, one about mouthwash and another about her new play.  Both are cute.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

They have two Alexa commercials running, one about mouthwash and another about her new play.  Both are cute.  

The commercial I saw had both those scenes and others.  Maybe they have also broken them up into shorter segments.  I will have to post the long version. 

Alexa commercial.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

The commercial I saw had both those scenes and others.  Maybe they have also broken them up into shorter segments.  I will have to post the long version. 

Alexa commercial.

wow! i had not seen this one but really love it!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Ah, that explains it!  The shorter versions make more sense now. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

I like the Calm commercials too, I like the 30 second one better because I try to do some deep breathing during them. I can get more deep breaths in 30 seconds than in 15.

Thank you for the long Alexa commercial. I thought the 2 I've seen were funny, the one with the play opening and reminder to fake death cracks me up. 

Geico is rerunning the one with the football player, Mickey something who celebrates everything. It makes me laugh when he's doing his dance in front of the deli counter, "gonna get me some cold cuts today!" I don't now and haven't in over 30 years since my divorce, pay attention to football and football players.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

It's kind of cute that Demi Moore and Mia Kunis both went to Fairfax High School in Los Angeles.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/q07P/at-and-t-fiber-internet-a-lot-in-common-featuring-mila-kunis-demi-moore

Oh, wow, I didn't recognize either one of them, so I've just been irritated as all get out over how often this damn commercial has aired during Roku Channel programming for the past few weeks that I've been bingeing something.  I doubt I'll be any measurable degree less irritated by the repetition, but at least I can appreciate the meta aspect now, and maybe the full ad that will debut during the Super Bowl will be more amusing (and/or make some sense of two people a generation apart being at the same reunion?).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, friendperidot said:

Geico is rerunning the one with the football player, Mickey something who celebrates everything. It makes me laugh when he's doing his dance in front of the deli counter, "gonna get me some cold cuts today!" I don't now and haven't in over 30 years since my divorce, pay attention to football and football players.

Ickey Woods.  

• Love 2

I like the new Farmers commercial.  A man gets into an accident and tells his dog to go get help.  The dog jumps out the window then turns around and jumps back in and hits the cell phone to call for help.  The dog is very cute.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I never watched The Sopranos, so I really didn't get the big deal about the Chevy one.

Yeah, I've never seen the show, so I had no idea what was going on in that commercial - I figured, for a Super Bowl ad, it had to be something more significant than a random person riding around in an SUV and hugging some other random person at the end, but I had no idea what the significance was until I read about it after the game.

Since I watch for the game, not the commercials, I missed a lot of the ads while I was getting food, taking a bathroom break, etc.  The ones I saw didn't do much for me; my reactions ranged from "That was kind of funny" to "I don't know who these people are" to "You paid $6 million to air this?!"

I mostly thought the Joneses one was dumb, but then Tommy Lee Jones said "Whoever you are" to the Jonas brother, and that made me laugh:

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I'm confused--which song?  I don't see a song here. 

Woke Up This Morning" is a song by British band Alabama 3 from their 1997 album Exile on Coldharbour Lane. The song is best known as the opening theme music for The Sopranos, which used a shortened version of the "Chosen One Mix" of the song.

• Useful 4
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Woke Up This Morning" is a song by British band Alabama 3 from their 1997 album Exile on Coldharbour Lane. The song is best known as the opening theme music for The Sopranos, which used a shortened version of the "Chosen One Mix" of the song.

Oh, I didn't realize you were referring to the Sopranos commercial--thanks! 

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Yeah, I've never seen the show, so I had no idea what was going on in that commercial - I figured, for a Super Bowl ad, it had to be something more significant than a random person riding around in an SUV and hugging some other random person at the end, but I had no idea what the significance was until I read about it after the game.

Since I watch for the game, not the commercials, I missed a lot of the ads while I was getting food, taking a bathroom break, etc.  The ones I saw didn't do much for me; my reactions ranged from "That was kind of funny" to "I don't know who these people are" to "You paid $6 million to air this?!"

I mostly thought the Joneses one was dumb, but then Tommy Lee Jones said "Whoever you are" to the Jonas brother, and that made me laugh:

Okay, call me dumb.  I just connected that it was Tom JONES singing in the Jones commercial.  I hadn't paid attention to the song.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I didn't like it because I felt it trivialized the meaning of the song. It's about an abused woman who had finally had enough.

I still liked the commercial.

Edited by Crashcourse
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I didn't like it because I felt it trivialized the meaning of the song. It's about an abused woman who had finally had enough.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I had only heard the song as the opening theme to The Sopranos.  Wikipedia'd it just now, and learned something new.  But for better or for worse, I think it's so associated with the show that the ship has sailed on trivializing it.

• Love 2

I missed all those commercials and must be part of a very small minority.  Since I hate football, I didn't watch the Super Bowl and I never watched the Sopranos either.  The only reason I'm posting this is in case there are others like me out there, I don't want them to feel they're alone.  LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I had only heard the song as the opening theme to The Sopranos.  Wikipedia'd it just now, and learned something new.  But for better or for worse, I think it's so associated with the show that the ship has sailed on trivializing it.

I had no idea of the story of the song and never really watched The Sopranos.  But as you said, that song is so associated with the show that I realized it had to be related to it and that whoever was driving was important to the show.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Okay, call me dumb.  I just connected that it was Tom JONES singing in the Jones commercial.  I hadn't paid attention to the song.

I hadn't noticed!  Good catch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Calm. Do nothing for 15 seconds. I kind of like that one.

I know some people who have done nothing for 15 years.

Re: the ranch dressing discussion: As I type this, I am dipping plain potato chips into the ranch dressing. I watch "My 600-Pound Life" and I have seen those people put ranch dressing on just about anything. I watch that show so that I'll (hopefully) never be told that I must lose 30 pound in one munt.

hero my600lblife GIF by TLC Europe

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Right now my favorite commercial is the Chewy one where the meds box come and the large dog is so excited because "The peanut butter box is here!" The little dog tries to tell him it just their meds and "mom" puts peanut butter on them to get them to take the meds. But big dog just keeps saying "The peanut butter box is here." Over and over. Cracks me up everytime I hear it!

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Right now my favorite commercial is the Chewy one where the meds box come and the large dog is so excited because "The peanut butter box is here!" The little dog tries to tell him it just their meds and "mom" puts peanut butter on them to get them to take the meds. But big dog just keeps saying "The peanut butter box is here." Over and over. Cracks me up everytime I hear it!

There's a really cute Chewy commercial with rabbits where one of them is overexcited as well.

• Love 10

I put this one in the "commercials  that annoy you" at first.

"The Ruby Sliders commercial is both rude and funny. A heavy person sliding your chair can scratch your floor? Probably. Then they show a child pushing her grandfather across the floor. Even a child can push this "large" man across the floor. Wait, what?"

I'm then seeing the possibilities when I want to vacuum.  Don't worry about lifting your feet, I'll just push you a few feet out of the way.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, nokat said:

I put this one in the "commercials  that annoy you" at first.

"The Ruby Sliders commercial is both rude and funny. A heavy person sliding your chair can scratch your floor? Probably. Then they show a child pushing her grandfather across the floor. Even a child can push this "large" man across the floor. Wait, what?"

I'm then seeing the possibilities when I want to vacuum.  Don't worry about lifting your feet, I'll just push you a few feet out of the way.

I've put those felt pads you can buy on the bottom of all our furniture on tiled flooring at the behest of she who shall be obeyed. Works perfectly & a pack costs about $10 on Amazon.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I've put those felt pads you can buy on the bottom of all our furniture on tiled flooring at the behest of she who shall be obeyed. Works perfectly & a pack costs about $10 on Amazon.

I have those too. Also, the "at the behest of she who shall be obeyed" is how you save a marriage.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2