Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 5/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Heck I never thought about that. I just thought it was a way to feature the sister, and have Flo talk about insurance. Lol 

Hahah  yeah i know, i dig in lol.  Uhoh.  What if its the guy's?  Can't think of his name.  Jerry?  Lol k I'm done.

• Love 1
On 4/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, xls said:

I love love love that grandma at the end! She's so adorable! ❤️❤️❤️

She makes me want to slit my throat. Grates on a chalkboard.  All of it!  Sorry there's something about her screech that just pushes that button, you know?  No offense to old ladies, im 99% there myself.  Phew needed that vent LOL.  P.s. the commercial would be A++ if they just ended it right before hah

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Hahah  yeah i know, i dig in lol.  Uhoh.  What if its the guy's?  Can't think of his name.  Jerry?  Lol k I'm done.

Jaime! Honestly, I'm not sure Jaime knows how to procreate. 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

When I saw the commercial with Janice (Flo's sister)'s baby, my first thought was that I hoped the father wasn't that guy from the other insurance company, the one who spent their whole date talking about Flo and Progressive's "Name Your Price Tool" while Janice ignored or complained about him.  (She quickly had Flo show up to give her a ride and told her, "He's got pics of you on his phone.")  I would feel even more sorry for the child if that guy were the father.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

When I saw the commercial with Janice (Flo's sister)'s baby, my first thought was that I hoped the father wasn't that guy from the other insurance company, the one who spent their whole date talking about Flo and Progressive's "Name Your Price Tool" while Janice ignored or complained about him.  (She quickly had Flo show up to give her a ride and told her, "He's got pics of you on his phone.")  I would feel even more sorry for the child if that guy were the father.

Jeez, isn't having Flo's horrible sister for a mother punishment enough? Poor kid.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, Kimboweena said:

SUV commercial, don't remember which one, father asks his son if he would like to take a trip. Son asks if he can bring his fish. At the end, the little boy is holding up his fish to see the fish in the aquarium. That's just so sweet to me!

I hate that commercial.  All I can think is how stupid it is to take a fish in a fish bowl on vacation, plus it's a beta fish and they hate other fish so they don't want to go to the aquarium.  I know it's supposed to be whimsical, but I can't help it.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:47 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Carting the fish around in a bowl seems to be a bit better than what "Bob" carried Gil around in..a mayonnaise jar on a string.  (From "What About Bob?")

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Well at least that fish isn't going to fall out of the bowl by accident, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I hate that commercial.  All I can think is how stupid it is to take a fish in a fish bowl on vacation, plus it's a beta fish and they hate other fish so they don't want to go to the aquarium.  I know it's supposed to be whimsical, but I can't help it.

Well at least that fish isn't going to fall out of the bowl by accident, lol.

This showed up on my FB feed this morning.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

This showed up on my FB feed this morning.

Ooookaaay.  Somehow I don't think his fish really care about going on a walk with him, but at least they won't get splashed out of the tank during a run.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2022 at 5:25 AM, Haleth said:

Au contraire!

Jaime! Thats it!  Thanks Haleth!

On 5/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Uh, what ? Lol

What what? Heh.  I did have one typo, should have been 'i dig it', not 'i dig in'.  Was that what you were referring to?

• Love 2

I think this is a pretty old commercial (I'd guess it's a super bowl ad), but it just made it to one of my streaming platforms, and I freakin' adore it.  I love how spot on it is about instagramers without making the couple in it the butt of the joke.  I find the couple and the commercial completely adorable.

• Love 7
(edited)
59 minutes ago, lasu said:

I think this is a pretty old commercial (I'd guess it's a super bowl ad), but it just made it to one of my streaming platforms, and I freakin' adore it.  I love how spot on it is about instagramers without making the couple in it the butt of the joke.  I find the couple and the commercial completely adorable.

They're living their best life!  Love it!  

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Maverick said:

People still 'dial' a number, even though rotary phones have been out of use for decades.  

That reminds me of the Elementary episode where Sherlock pulled out an actual real phone he had in storage because he felt the need to hang up on a lot of people that day and felt the need for an actual phone to do it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

Do people say fastbackward instead of rewind now that nothing is being wound?

I just thought of that as the opposite of fastforwarding, which I do a lot.  I record almost everything I watch, except for CNN and the Weather Channel.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, janie jones said:

Do people say fastbackward instead of rewind now that nothing is being wound?

Well, I say rewind, but then I still use my vcr sometimes, so . . . 

Edited by proserpina65
Because I DON'T say fastbackward
  • Love 5

The earliest date of "fast backward" I could find was 2019, and that was Urban Dictionary. I just say "go back," myself.

Anyway, I'm glad someone else likes the "turn into your parents" commercials. I think they are ACCURATE.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

The earliest date of "fast backward" I could find was 2019, and that was Urban Dictionary. I just say "go back," myself.

Anyway, I'm glad someone else likes the "turn into your parents" commercials. I think they are ACCURATE.

I just wish the actors were younger. The ones they use look old enough to be parents. Pretending they're young hipsters, too young to behave that way, is incongruous.

• Love 2

I'm a history buff so I loved this commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83xu4O_eIcM

I like this one too 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjbeNldI54 The guy getting hit over the head reminds me of Mel Brooks' History of the World Part One when it was showing the first marriage of a caveman hitting a woman over the head and dragging her off. Followed by the first gay marriage with a caveman hitting a man over the head and dragging him off.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I just wish the actors were younger. The ones they use look old enough to be parents. Pretending they're young hipsters, too young to behave that way, is incongruous.

I've said this too, but the parents of younger actors would not be old enough to do the "parent" things the younger ones are emulating.  Maybe the concept should have been turning into their grandparents.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, janie jones said:

The movie one isn't.  None of the things they do are old people things.  They're smart people things.  But hey, defense DOES win championships!

12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm a history buff so I loved this commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83xu4O_eIcM

"Dad's touching the tv again!"

I love that one too, especially the long version.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, InDueTime said:

It's rare that I like a Liberty Mutual ad. But, I like this sequel.

"So only you pay for what you..line?" "NEED."😆

This guy is on The Young & The Restless.  I don't watch the show, so I don't know his name or what character he plays.

Edited by RedElf
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 8:27 AM, peacheslatour said:

Those dresses look like hey belong in some weird cult.

Two actresses in the soap Days of Our Lives were wearing them the other day, and I noted that it looked like they got them from the Little House on the Prairie collection.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, chessiegal said:

Jaime! Honestly, I'm not sure Jaime knows how to procreate. 🤣

The ad where they all went to Jamie's house, he had a supermodel wife and a couple of kids.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I watch Y&R every day. He is not on the show.

You're right.  It's Bold and the Beautiful.  His name is Tanner Novlan, and he plays John Finnegan.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

You're right.  It's Bold and the Beautiful.  His name is Tanner Novlan, and he plays John Finnegan.

Unfortunately, on B&B his crazy mama accidently shot him dead. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • LOL 4
On 5/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, kariyaki said:

This commercial cracks me up. “The internet doesn’t have to be so creepy…” And it’s finally a correct usage for the song!

The irony that Duck Duck Go is a Google product is not lost on me.

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The irony that Duck Duck Go is a Google product is not lost on me.

How is it a Google product?  I don't use it, but when I first read about it DDG wasn't owned by Google, it was owned by some entrepreneur and his investors with only about 150 employees.  That seems to still be the case; I can't find any information on a buyout by Google.  The only Google connection I found was that Google owned the domain name duck.com and sold that to DDG (DDG acquired a few duck-related domain names people might mistakenly use in trying to find them, so they could set them up to redirect to the DDG website) and that a few years ago Google, like several other search engines before it, added DDG to the search engine list in Chrome.  As far as I can tell, Google is still not among the numerous sources from which DDG's search results are compiled.

But I definitely skimmed some techy talk, as that's not my jam, so what am I missing about Google?

I did see that, unlike Google and Facebook trackers, which are blocked by DDG's web browser, Microsoft's trackers are allowed to run on non-DDG websites (due to an agreement with Microsoft).  So DDG allows far fewer third party trackers than other browsers, but it's not as if absolutely no one is able to say "I'll be watching you". 

All that said, like the OP, I just appreciate hearing the song used in this commercial for its actual meaning of stalking, instead of as a love song.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Bastet said:

How is it a Google product?  I don't use it, but when I first read about it DDG wasn't owned by Google, it was owned by some entrepreneur and his investors with only about 150 employees.  That seems to still be the case; I can't find any information on a buyout by Google.  The only Google connection I found was that Google owned the domain name duck.com and sold that to DDG (DDG acquired a few duck-related domain names people might mistakenly use in trying to find them, so they could set them up to redirect to the DDG website) and that a few years ago Google, like several other search engines before it, added DDG to the search engine list in Chrome.  As far as I can tell, Google is still not among the numerous sources from which DDG's search results are compiled.

But I definitely skimmed some techy talk, as that's not my jam, so what am I missing about Google?

I did see that, unlike Google and Facebook trackers, which are blocked by DDG's web browser, Microsoft's trackers are allowed to run on non-DDG websites (due to an agreement with Microsoft).  So DDG allows far fewer third party trackers than other browsers, but it's not as if absolutely no one is able to say "I'll be watching you". 

All that said, like the OP, I just appreciate hearing the song used in this commercial for its actual meaning of stalking, instead of as a love song.

I said that wrong. Google has Duck Duck Go as one of their search engines.

• Love 1
On 5/19/2022 at 6:15 AM, Colleenna said:

Love this commercial for Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck)

Ha, Whole Paycheck indeed. I do like the commercial, I think it is clever, and I like the music.

• Love 2