Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 9/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

A commercial is doing its job when it makes you consider a large purchase that you don’t even want. 😆 The problem  with the flip is that I’d be wary of breaking the hinges from lots of use.  If I didn’t use my phone a lot, that might not be  a concern.  
I’ve just read about an iPhone 14 coming n Nov, that operates with an emergency call feature.  Checking that out.  

There is an emergency call feature on the iphone now.  I just hold down the 2 side buttons.

With the samsung, first of all I actually will watch the commercial if I see it as I fast-forward.  I love it.  True, I feel like I would wear out the hinges too.

• Useful 1
On 9/7/2022 at 6:20 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I love this commercial so much!  I don’t even want a flip phone, but this one has me thinking……lol.   

I love when the animals all have their tongues out for the last picture.  This commercial is very clever.

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra letter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, heatherchandler said:

There is an emergency call feature on the iphone now. 

There's one on my way behind the times samsung.  Emergency call features are not some new thing that Apple invented, although they sure do want you to think that.

On 9/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I love when the animals all have their tongues out for the last picture.  This commercial is very clever.

Me, too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I just saw this one for Stella & Chewy's.  An incredibly cute dog is watching a cat lick itself.  Legs spread, with toe beans showing. The dog stares and then looks at the camera. I'm laughing.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, nokat said:

I just saw this one for Stella & Chewy's.  An incredibly cute dog is watching a cat lick itself.  Legs spread, with toe beans showing. The dog stares and then looks at the camera. I'm laughing.

We buy that brand for Elizabeth. Gives her wild energy.

• Love 3

I had to go look that one up; cute!

I love this one:

And this one:

And ... they're all good.  Usually there's an inverse relationship between the quality of the commercial and of the food when it comes to pet food ads, but Stella & Chewy's is good stuff.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7

This Wendy's commercial with Reggie Bush getting the Wendy's pretzel burger back is perfect.  My favorite part is when he strikes the Heisman pose and says, "Y'all can't take this one away from me."  Kudos to Bush for being able to make something funny about having to give back the Heisman Trophy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

This Wendy's commercial with Reggie Bush getting the Wendy's pretzel burger back is perfect.  My favorite part is when he strikes the Heisman pose and says, "Y'all can't take this one away from me."  Kudos to Bush for being able to make something funny about having to give back the Heisman Trophy.

He's so excited.

• Love 2

I hope they continue to run that commercial every October for the rest of my life, as I will never get sick of it.  I can't even choose a favorite thing, it's so perfect.  I mean, you have, all in one ad:

Typical blonde chick randomly falls down while trying to escape through the woods scene to open

"Let's hide in the attic."
"No, the basement."
"Why can't we just get in the running car?"

The winning suggestion: "Let's hide behind the chainsaws"

The killer's These folks are too damn dumb to waste energy killing face when they're making noise bickering about being quiet (I love "you're breathing on me!")

"Head for the cemetery!"

• Applause 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I just saw a Twix commercial that cracked me up -- two campers, looking at a Twix, and one says, "It doesn't matter which side you pick -- they're both crunchy, chewy, and delicious."  Then the camera pans back and you see two bears, looking at the campers, and one says, "It doesn't matter which side you pick -- they're both crunchy, chewy, and delicious."

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Personally I prefer the Geico commercial in the attic.  I'd be noping out of there too. 

I'd be out of there too. I love horror movies especially slasher movies and love anything that pokes fun at them especially all the dumb decisions made in them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Does anyone remember this Snickers ad? Talk about creepy.

image.png.1d51df3bfd694d4ad42c0c1e4efb15dc.png

No, but thanks for the nightmare. 

Despite your tries, I had pleasant dreams. 

• LOL 8
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I like the song in the Cheetos commercial "Now you're getting it on my clothes..."

Is there a way to eat Cheetos without being covered in orange?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Covered head to toe in a clear plastic poncho, wearing surgical gloves. 

Okay, so I'm covered and take a Cheeto with chopsticks. Lift it to my mouth. Poof.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3

Just saw the Liberty Mutual Pie eating contest ad. Contestants, go and they are immediately attacked by seagulls. True to life, that. They'll take food right out of your hand.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

Just saw the Liberty Mutual Pie eating contest ad. Contestants, go and they are immediately attacked by seagulls. True to life, that. They'll take food right out of your hand.

They'll peck your eyes right out of the sockets, too.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 11:11 PM, nokat said:

I love the guy who grabs his pie and ducks under the table. The long version with that is hilarious too. It doesn't really work and he runs off.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, nokat said:

Saw the Emirates commercial with the Canada goose. Both rude and hilarious. Fly with us, not with the other geese.

Oh gosh, I just saw a report on the news about a bird strike causing issues for a flight. I was already thinking that geese seemed like a bad fit for an airline ad (remember Captain Sully?) but now I’m sure of it. I probably need to take this somewhere besides “favorite commercials”.

• Like 1