Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Someone explain to me: in the Allstate commercial where Mayhem is doing a dance in the street, a TikTok video, a driver gets distracted and plows into the back of a truck. 

I know he isn't looking at a man in a suit. What is it this driver is seeing, as we are seeing Mayhem?

Another good one from Progressive on Becoming Your Parents.  My mom is guilty of this!  She still thinks cell phones are land lines and insists on leaving a voice message telling me her telephone number!!

I do like the one lady so happy and proud you can hear her voice on the voice mail "That's me!" 😄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Another good one from Progressive on Becoming Your Parents.  My mom is guilty of this!  She still thinks cell phones are land lines and insists on leaving a voice message telling me her telephone number!!

My dad will say what time he called.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I do like the one lady so happy and proud you can hear her voice on the voice mail "That's me!" 😄

Even landlines  had caller ID--- like, back in the 80s!!

• Love 1

When I leave a message for someone who doesn't know my phone number, I have to say the number because my phone number is private, so I come up on caller ID as "Private Number" (it's a land line; I only use my cell phone if I'm in my car and absolutely need to make a call).

I know not to do it those rare times I'm calling from my cell (or from my office phone, the number for which does come up on caller ID), though. 🙂

But I don't get his statement what she did wrong was leaving a voice mail, period, she should have texted.  He cuts off the message before we learn what she was calling him about, but he doesn't say it wasn't worth a call in the first place, it should have just been a text, he says she shouldn't have left a message.  If she's already on the phone and he doesn't answer, why should she hang up and then write a text rather than just saying whatever she was calling to tell him since the voice mail is right there?  Because it takes him longer to listen to the message than to read a text?  I think it would have played better if we'd heard the rest of the message, and it was something he barely needed to know to begin with, let alone something he needed to be interrupted by a phone call for.

But I freely acknowledge I do not use my cell phone like 98 percent of the cell phone-owning population does.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

I'm with Dr Rick; voicemails (and emails) are annoying.  Texts are preferable.  And I'm old.

The commercial is better than the last couple  of Dr Rick ones though.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I'm with Dr Rick; voicemails (and emails) are annoying.  Texts are preferable.  And I'm old.

The commercial is better than the last couple  of Dr Rick ones though.

Agreed.  And I'm  old too. 

• Love 3

Against my will, I like the Miley Cyrus Gucci perfume ad.  It has a fun 80’s vibe to it.  Except…

…that she does the voiceover and her speaking voice is not quite made for frou-frou perfume.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Against my will, I like the Miley Cyrus Gucci perfume ad.  It has a fun 80’s vibe to it.  Except…

…that she does the voiceover and her speaking voice is not quite made for frou-frou perfume.

The perfume is called Against My Will?!? WTF???

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

The perfume is called Against My Will?!? WTF???

Hahahahahaha no it is not.  I think it’s just called “Gucci”.  Against my will is how I view the ad, because I want to hate it, but I don’t.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Publix has the BEST ads - the product placement is so subtle.

This isn't a chain we have here in CT, and I'm also rather tired right now, so I just read this as "Pubix".

Going to bed, stat.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Not all of them.  My mother's phone, for example.

You had to have the right kind of phone and pay extra for caller ID.  Back then I think most people used a telephone recorder to screen calls.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

You had to have the right kind of phone and pay extra for caller ID.  Back then I think most people used a telephone recorder to screen calls.

I meant my mother's phone now.  My phone has caller ID but I don't pay extra for it.

• Like 1

I scrolled a bit and didn't see this one: (Not the real) Leonardo Da Vinci (this is on screen and had me laughing) set to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. Galaxy Z Fold4. I'll tire of it but so far I love it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, nokat said:

I scrolled a bit and didn't see this one: (Not the real) Leonardo Da Vinci (this is on screen and had me laughing) set to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. Galaxy Z Fold4. I'll tire of it but so far I love it.

Who knew Signore Vinci was such a hottie?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Draft Kings & the Manning family’s latest = another classic.  This one’s charades, and my favorite bit is a disgusted Peyton snapping at Eli. “Stop guessing ‘helmet catch’!”

Pings my back to that ESPN Sports Center ad where the Mannings are being given a tour of the Bristol offices, and Peyton & Eli take it in turn to prank the other.  The moment Peyton licks his finger & sticks it into his brother’s ear…oh dear!  I know it’s coming and still laugh my ass off.

• Love 5
On 9/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, voiceover said:

So the latest JK Simmons’ Farmers Insurance ad has a nod to the “Weeping Angels” ep of Doctor Who (peeling off old wallpaper to reveal a previous message).  I found it amusing AND creepy.

I missed that one. Loved the weeping angels.  Google here I come.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, voiceover said:

Draft Kings & the Manning family’s latest = another classic.  This one’s charades, and my favorite bit is a disgusted Peyton snapping at Eli. “Stop guessing ‘helmet catch’!”

Pings my back to that ESPN Sports Center ad where the Mannings are being given a tour of the Bristol offices, and Peyton & Eli take it in turn to prank the other.  The moment Peyton licks his finger & sticks it into his brother’s ear…oh dear!  I know it’s coming and still laugh my ass off.

And Archie glaring at them.

• LOL 4
On 8/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

Early 90s, we got called ID and it was a little box that you plugged into the phone.  It wasn’t expensive but not many people had it.  Off topic but my friend had a fancy box that announced the caller when the phone would ring.  She had a friend named Mel Gross and it would announce last name first so it would say “call from gross Mel.”  It was funny.

I remember when the first cordless phones with caller ID screens came out.

On 9/3/2022 at 4:04 PM, scarletine said:

Love this new Samsung commercial. I like the kicky song, too. 

Came here for this- I LOVE this commercial!  I sometimes rewind it. It’s so catchy!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, mojoween said:

Yeah i like her anime ads too for the perfume 

I just saw an Allstate "Mayhem" commercial where Mayhem is the best man at a wedding. He's glued to a football game on TV, tips his chair over, and all sorts of carnage  ensues. Unfortunately I can't find a clip on either ispot or YouTube. Too bad, because I laughed for a solid 3 minutes! 

Full disclosure: this would probably be me (except not male, duh) at someone's wedding if they were dumb enough to schedule their wedding at the same time as a Steelers or Penguins game😁😁🤣

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, scarletine said:

Love this new Samsung commercial. I like the kicky song, too. 

I love this commercial so much!  I don’t even want a flip phone, but this one has me thinking……lol.   

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love this commercial so much!  I don’t even want a flip phone, but this one has me thinking……lol.   

I actually  wouldn't mind one of those flip phones...but so far love my Apple 7 I phone but times could change...

My biggest priority is the phone fits in my pocket the flip looks  even smaller....

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm already getting notices from Samsung, and the commercials are so tempting.

7 hours ago, ctlady said:

Liking the Active Cash Visa Card commercials with Regina King - also the one with the puppy.

I love Regina King, but I hate that one with the puppy.  She's so rude, dragging her untrained dog with her everywhere and letting him destroy people's stuff because, oh well, she gets points when she buys replacements.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, nokat said:

I'm already getting notices from Samsung, and the commercials are so tempting.

A commercial is doing its job when it makes you consider a large purchase that you don’t even want. 😆 The problem  with the flip is that I’d be wary of breaking the hinges from lots of use.  If I didn’t use my phone a lot, that might not be  a concern.  
I’ve just read about an iPhone 14 coming n Nov, that operates with an emergency call feature.  Checking that out.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

A commercial is doing its job when it makes you consider a large purchase that you don’t even want. 😆 The problem  with the flip is that I’d be wary of breaking the hinges from lots of use.  If I didn’t use my phone a lot, that might not be  a concern.  
I’ve just read about an iPhone 14 coming n Nov, that operates with an emergency call feature.  Checking that out.  

I read $500 dollars off, and I was out of that offer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2022 at 12:59 PM, mojoween said:

Hahahahahaha no it is not.  I think it’s just called “Gucci”.  Against my will is how I view the ad, because I want to hate it, but I don’t.

Hahah i like that name better