Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd happily pop a can or bottle to hang out on the beach with Snoop Dogg. I know nothing of his music, but I get a kick out of Martha Stewart being one of his BFFs. He was also great on an episode of Monk, one of my favorite episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd happily pop a can or bottle to hang out on the beach with Snoop Dogg. I know nothing of his music, but I get a kick out of Martha Stewart being one of his BFFs.

Did you watch their show Martha and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party?  It was quite fun.

The murder case back in the mid-90s (charging him in the shooting death by his bodyguard of a rival gang member) contained ample evidence of the usual LAPD bullshit, and forensics and eventual admissions of the victim being armed raised a case for self defense to support the jury's not guilty verdicts (and the prosecution's decision not to re-try the lesser charge on which the jury deadlocked), so while I started out skeptical despite liking some of his music, I wound up enjoying him, especially once his show with Martha came out.  But the recent sexual assault - and subsequent intimidation - allegations have me enjoying his commercials since he's so laid-back funny, and then thinking Oh, wait ...

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 10/17/2022 at 12:17 AM, Phebemarie said:

Anyone else notice the personality of the cat on the Chewy commercial has changed?  Is Chewy just refreshing the commercial or did people complain the cat wasn’t lovable? Curious cats want to know. 

I'd noticed that.  The cat does seem less diva-like.  And a tad less cat-like as a result.  Still amusing though.

• Love 2
On 10/19/2022 at 10:42 AM, proserpina65 said:

I'd noticed that.  The cat does seem less diva-like.  And a tad less cat-like as a result.  Still amusing though.

I just saw the new improved picky cat Chewy ad, and concentrated on it this time.    I think they changed the voice from the previous grumpy cat, to friendlier voice and script. 

I bet they dumped the you can pet me now, and the cat says enough after a pet or two, routine at the end of the longer form of the original commercial.   

The newer version does have the 'you can pet me now', and no longer has the stop command right after.      So, they certainly made the cat friendlier.     

Just saw the picky kitty Chewy ad.   This must be the longer version of the new voice one, the voice is much friendlier, at the end the cat says you can pet me, and then says 'enough', and kitty goes off to continue with whatever kitties do between Chewy orders.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, madmax said:

I've been seeing this one a lot during hockey games and I love it:

"Net's  that way."

I love that Gretz can laugh at himself: "Shouldn't you be golfing?" 

I think I ONLY see this one during hockey games.  

• Love 3
On 10/17/2022 at 12:17 AM, Phebemarie said:

Anyone else notice the personality of the cat on the Chewy commercial has changed?  Is Chewy just refreshing the commercial or did people complain the cat wasn’t lovable? Curious cats want to know. 

No...I've been too preoccupied with the dog one, where they see the peanut butter box arriving. I can't stop wondering why one of the dogs has a British accent and the other American, when they both live in the same house and presumably grew up together...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Who should I see during a commercial break during Murder She Wrote? Brad Pitt in a coffeemaker commercial! It was an espresso machine, but still. Being able to see him sipping on a cup, at 6:30 in the morning, surely has made my day. (I am in my mid-70s..but he is still a wowser to look at)

• Wink 2

My new favorites are the bro soap ads from Dr. Squatch.  They feature a naked, not remarkably well-developed young man actively washing his chest with the soap on the side of the commercial as someone else extolls its virtues.  It's a little surreal.

My daughter and I speculate on how extensive a thespian background the showerer has - she says Shakespeare and I think he's more of a Beckett guy.

• LOL 2
46 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

My new favorites are the bro soap ads from Dr. Squatch.  They feature a naked, not remarkably well-developed young man actively washing his chest with the soap on the side of the commercial as someone else extolls its virtues.  It's a little surreal.

My daughter and I speculate on how extensive a thespian background the showerer has - she says Shakespeare and I think he's more of a Beckett guy.

Definitely not Mamet!

• LOL 1

Love this new Belvedere commercial with Daniel Craig. He seems to be happier and more relaxed now that Bond isn't hanging over his head anymore. 

It has a bit of a Fat Boy Slim "Weapon of Choice" video feel to it, but it's super fun. 

• Love 5
Just now, scarletine said:

Love this new Belvedere commercial with Daniel Craig. He seems to be happier and more relaxed now that Bond isn't hanging over his head anymore. 

It has a bit of a Fat Boy Slim "Weapon of Choice" video feel to it, but it's super fun. 

I really like this new funny side of him. I love  the Knives Out movies he's doing too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I really like this new funny side of him. I love  the Knives Out movies he's doing too. 

Then watch him in Logan Lucky.  It's hilarious, and his Southern accent is redneck instead of New Orleans sophisticated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2022 at 10:48 PM, SnarkySheep said:

No...I've been too preoccupied with the dog one, where they see the peanut butter box arriving. I can't stop wondering why one of the dogs has a British accent and the other American, when they both live in the same house and presumably grew up together...

It’s because of the breeds of the dogs.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

I don’t want to call this one “favorite” but it did make me lol when I just saw it for the first time. A woman is about to throw out her old smelly Backstreet Boys t-shirt when they start singing to her from her poster on the wall. I’m sure it will get old fast but it was good for a laugh. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
19 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I don’t want to call this one “favorite” but it did make me lol when I just saw it for the first time. A woman is about to throw out her old smelly Backstreet Boys t-shirt when they start singing to her from her poster on the wall. I’m sure it will get old fast but it was good for a laugh. 

I haven't seen that one yet! I have to keep an eye out for it now - I can relate to the girl just from the description :D. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

I haven't seen that one yet! I have to keep an eye out for it now - I can relate to the girl just from the description :D. 

It was just on during The Conners. It’s for one of those smelly laundry products so I’m sure we’ll be seeing it for many months to come. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"The holidays are a time for family.  Which is why they're also a time for gin."  Amen, sister.

I love Aviation commercials; it's not just that they parody other commercials, but that they get the actors from the originals to do it.  I approve of this use of Ryan Reynolds's star power.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 8
On 11/2/2022 at 5:47 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Both pretty boys (Pitt & Depp) lost their appeal for me when I read about their casual acquaintance with personal hygiene. There's a reason he's advertising espresso and not fancy shower heads.

Espresso smells good in the morning. ;)

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, nokat said:

This has to be in fun? Because I'm not putting jewelry on my booze, even if they keep hinting about a ring.

Yeah, it's a spoof of her infamous Seymour butts necklaces.  It's not real.  (Although I do kind of like the lemon peel necklace.)

• Like 2
  • Love 4