Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I must live in a different country (inside the USA 🙀) because I've never seen all the ads you're mentioning, except for the ad  about a sheep in the back seat of a car.

My favorite ad is the close up of a woman who looks like she's daydreaming, with a serene smile in her face. She opens her eyes, looks to the side with a WTH expression that always makes me laugh. It's for Gain detergent somethings...pods??

• Like 1

My all time favorite ad was shown years ago. A teenage boy is driving through what looks like a  horrendous nor'easter, with tree branches crashing to the ground all around him. I think the song playing was, "When A Man Loves A Woman". He finally gets to the girl's house and her stern-looking dad opens the door. A cute teenage girl then appears with a big smile on her face. It was a car commercial. It reminded me of the boys who would walk or hitchhike several miles to visit my sister or me, back in the day, before they got cars (or were old enough to drive) ❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Ha - his outfit is the best part of that!  It's very similar to the one worn in the original entry in the Dr. Rick series, by, I think, the same actor (playing the homeowner with the plumber):

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 1/9/2023 at 7:04 AM, Haleth said:

Maybe not a favorite, but the Geico Wright brothers commercial is pretty funny.  Oh well.

"*I* didn't get peanuts!" 

The people at Martin  Agency are twisted. My kind of people!

• Like 4
15 hours ago, mojoween said:

“Well you can never be too safe.”

”With trash?”

Dr. Rick is going to have his hands full with that one.

The commercial is funny but I see nothing wrong with cleaning the filthy trash cans or clipping the hedges when they are a mess.  😄

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
12 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

In some communities, the guys that empty the wheelie bins (aka Herbie the Curbie) are not that particular about which yard they return them to. It DOES help sometimes to have at least your house number on the bin.

Ours have the house number on them & I had them professionally cleaned about 3 months ago and it was well worth the $50 it cost.

Had a few people come over & ask the guy for a card, quick & easy.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 8
54 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

In some communities, the guys that empty the wheelie bins (aka Herbie the Curbie) are not that particular about which yard they return them to. It DOES help sometimes to have at least your house number on the bin.

Or when the wind blows them to the next street.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
57 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Or when the wind blows them to the next street.

Those things can get pricey, especially the square kind.

• Like 2

At the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I am enjoying the WW Returns Dept. ads. Disclaimer: I've had success with WW. It always felt like a sanctuary, a guilt free zone. I can relate to what's being returned.

• Like 9

I wish my neighbors would clean their bins, not polish them to a high gleam like the Dr. Rick commercial, just clean enough that I don't want to hurl when they're up wind from my yard.      I didn't find this commercial amusing at all.   

I love the elevator one though.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

At the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I am enjoying the WW Returns Dept. ads. Disclaimer: I've had success with WW. It always felt like a sanctuary, a guilt free zone. I can relate to what's being returned.

I love the return lady's sweet voice.

• Like 3
On 1/13/2023 at 6:03 AM, Haleth said:

I appreciate we aren't getting post holiday body shaming weight loss commercials anymore.  At least I haven't seen any.

It must be regional. Where I am, they are playing Weight Watchers and Planet Fitness ads constantly.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, InDueTime said:

It must be regional. Where I am, they are playing Weight Watchers and Planet Fitness ads constantly.

Yes, but the commercials emphasize health rather than weight loss.

• Like 3

I absolutely love the Fanduel commercial with Gronk and Adam Viniatieri.  I'm not sure if it's advertising Fanduel or the Million Dollar Kick (which I'm assuming gives a fan a try to make a field goal at the Superbowl, or something like that), but I just don't care.  Gronk is hilarious as always, I love when his shorts start to tear because all of that leg training is making his legs huge.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I like the new Great Wolf Lodge commercial, where dad is totally unsurprised at two giant wolves waking him up in the morning. 

Ha ha!  This ad freaks me out!

I like how the wolf waits patiently for dad to grab some coffee, but then rips the storm door off on his way out.   Then how the female wolf and the wife exchange one of those looks.     

I like the Disney commercial with the rides, and the Storm Troopers, and the characters waving as people ride by. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fabulous!  I had no idea back in the day that Martha Stewart had such a good sense of humor, let alone about herself, but between her show with Snoop Dog and commercials like this, she cracks me up a lot in recent years.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 6
20 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Fabulous!  I had no idea back in the day that Martha Stewart had such a good sense of humor, let alone about herself, but between her show with Snoop Dog and commercials like this, she cracks me up a lot in recent years.

I think prison did her a world of good. Post-prison Martha has so much more self-awareness than pre-prison Martha.

• Like 12
On 1/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, Crashcourse said:

Every time I see this commercial, I imagine my golfer uncle making googly eyes at the female golfer. 🤣

I just keep wishing a golf ball would conk the dancing lady.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

I kind of like the TV Dad commercials. Maybe they could make a series of them. They could have Dan Conner (Roesanne), Red Foreman (That Seventies Show), Ray Ramono, John Lithgow, Homer Simpson...I can't think of any others.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 2

I don't think I have ever posted in this forum.

So much amazing here.   That they brought back the original actors.  Recreated the sets.   The spot was even written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. 

I thought perhaps they paid the licensing fees, etc., and some copywriter took it from there (for example, when I was working as a copywriter I once did a three-panel Peanuts cartoon for Met Life -- they ran it by Charles Schulz, he did the art, but they were my words in the cartoon).   I can't imagine how much an outing like this must have cost the Popcorners company.

I wonder if the 7th flavor will be called "Franch."

Edited by millennium
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't think I have ever posted in this forum.

So much amazing here.   That they brought back the original actors.  Recreated the sets.   The spot was even written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. 

I thought perhaps they paid the licensing fees, etc., and some copywriter took it from there (for example, when I was working as a copywriter I once did a three-panel Peanuts cartoon for Met Life -- they ran it by Charles Schulz, he did the art, but they were my words in the cartoon).   I can't imagine how much an outing like this must have cost the Popcorners company.

I wonder if the 7th flavor will be called "Franch."

These are so fantastic! I love this! As a BrBa fan this is genius. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I love the Chewy ad where the two dogs are watching the Chewy pharmacy box get delivered, and the one dog keeps calling it "The Peanut Butter Box", and the small dog keeps trying to get him to understand that the box contains meds that mom puts in the peanut butter. His accent helps too. His little sing-song at the end really kills me. And the small dog just getting disgusted and walking off. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

I love the Chewy ad where the two dogs are watching the Chewy pharmacy box get delivered, and the one dog keeps calling it "The Peanut Butter Box", and the small dog keeps trying to get him to understand that the box contains meds that mom puts in the peanut butter. His accent helps too. His little sing-song at the end really kills me. And the small dog just getting disgusted and walking off. 

I was once walking in my neighborhood and walked past a house where two dogs was sitting at the front door looking out.  They started barking at me and I called out to them that the peanut butter box was not here as I went by.

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

And the small dog just getting disgusted and walking off. 

That pedantic dog is my favorite, how he gives up in disgust when the other dog ignores his explanation of why "the peanut butter box" is not accurate.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
58 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I'm just boggled at how BIG the box is. How much medicine are those dogs on?

I've never ordered meds from Chewy, but a little box wouldn't look very impressive on the porch. I order food from them and that's the size of box I get. My husband says when he walks our neighborhood that he always sees at least one Chewy box on a doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I've never ordered meds from Chewy, but a little box wouldn't look very impressive on the porch. I order food from them and that's the size of box I get. My husband says when he walks our neighborhood that he always sees at least one Chewy box on a doorstep.

Our neighborhood is the same. We only get food from them once a month for Elizabeth but when the Chewy box shows up I tell her the peanut butter box is here!

• LOL 15
On 2/22/2023 at 7:36 AM, Stevie Nicks said:

So do I. I love the little dog trying to explain it to him and I love the big dog's reasoning too. Every time the box comes they get peanut butter. We always had to put our dogs medicines in lunchmeat to get them to eat it.

• Like 7

I love everyone in the Wendy’s crew.  They all work really well off each other.

I also love how brown-haired girl has no problem showing her impatience with the Reggies (Bush during football season, Miller during March) but she still shows she can get excited and dance.

• Like 4