Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sure some people will say it's dumb but I love the "the peanut butter box is here" Chewy commercial.  There's two dogs and a Chewy box is delivered and left on the porch.  The large dog is all happy and keeps saying "the peanut butter box is here" but the small dog corrects him saying it's their flea medicine.  The big dog totally ignores him and keeps repeating "the peanut butter box is here."   There's just something abut the dog's expression and the voiceover that cracks me up.

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm sure some people will say it's dumb but I love the "the peanut butter box is here" Chewy commercial.  There's two dogs and a Chewy box is delivered and left on the porch.  The large dog is all happy and keeps saying "the peanut butter box is here" but the small dog corrects him saying it's their flea medicine.  The big dog totally ignores him and keeps repeating "the peanut butter box is here."   There's just something abut the dog's expression and the voiceover that cracks me up.

That is one of my favorite commercials too!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Speaking of commercials with dogs, I've been meaning to post this for a while. The Pedigree commercial with what I assume is a veteran looking for a dog. He asks about a certain older dog with the most soulful eyes. The assistant says "this guy's been through a lot" and brings the dog out. It just breaks my heart and fills me with joy at the same time. And at the end when the dog is sitting next to the guy and they're driving home, the dog's happy expression? *sob*

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, AnnA said:

His logic is sound, every time the box shows up, they get peanut butter.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Speaking of commercials with dogs, I've been meaning to post this for a while. The Pedigree commercial with what I assume is a veteran looking for a dog. He asks about a certain older dog with the most soulful eyes. The assistant says "this guy's been through a lot" and brings the dog out. It just breaks my heart and fills me with joy at the same time. And at the end when the dog is sitting next to the guy and they're driving home, the dog's happy expression? *sob*

I tend to puddle up easily and that one sure triggers it.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 1:25 PM, Colleenna said:

Love this ad. Of course I'm a suckered for critters.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qJYQ/hills-pet-nutrition-science-did-that

10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Chewy commercials, with the Peanut Butter Box dogs, and the Rabbits waiting for their biscuits.   

I love all those ads. Along with the one with dogs and their owners with the Sonny and Cher song "I got you babe." I'm a sucker for animal commercials especially cats and dogs.

I really love the Pedigree older dog with the vet adopting him.    

I love that commercial too. Older pets need good homes and love. Our last dog was seven when we adopted him. We only had him for two years but it was worth it. He was such a really good and sweet dog. Now we have an 8 year old cat. My dad and I love dogs and cats but we're not in the best of health for puppy or kitten. Older dog and now old cat have been a perfect fit.  There's so many older pets waiting for good homes. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Sad 1
  • Love 12

I also think the peanut butter box ad (with the very big dog and very small dog) is adorable, but I have a hard time watching it without thinking, what if cats came in that variety of sizes? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I also think the peanut butter box ad (with the very big dog and very small dog) is adorable, but I have a hard time watching it without thinking, what if cats came in that variety of sizes? 

They would kill us and eat our faces?

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I've had a 20 pound cat and I've had a 6 pound cat - they kind of do.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Can you imagine the size of the litter box for a giganticat?

I wouldn't want t be the zookeeper responsible for cleaning up after the lions and tigers!!

• Like 4
23 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They would kill us and eat our faces?

They actually do come in all sizes, they're just not all house appropriate.   And yes, the lions and tigers will eat your face.   Oh my. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Love the song on the Cadillac “be Iconic” commercial.  I even Shazammed it thinking it was a “real” song.

I never saw this one before so I looked it up on You Tube.  The music is so catchy, and the photography is stunning. It's a much better execution of the idea in all of the Buick ads showing people talking about how a brand perceived as an older brand is now cool.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

I never saw this one before so I looked it up on You Tube.  The music is so catchy, and the photography is stunning. It's a much better execution of the idea in all of the Buick ads showing people talking about how a brand perceived as an older brand is now cool.

This one!  It’s not leaving my head, but in a good way.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
On 7/23/2022 at 6:54 PM, AnnA said:

I was walking past a house in my neighborhood one afternoon and there were two dogs in the front door.  When they started barking at me, I told them that I did not have the peanut butter box.

I love those commercials, but especially that one.

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I enjoy the peanut butter box commercial, too, but I get distracted wondering why Ralph and Georgie have different accents.  :)

Why does George sound like Ringo Starr?

I don’t think I’d ever seen that rock-paper-scissors commercial before. So cute!  Love the other two!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t think I’d ever seen that rock-paper-scissors commercial before. So cute!  Love the other two!

I don't think I've ever seen that one before either. It is cute.

• Love 1
On 7/30/2022 at 12:56 AM, Phebemarie said:

I enjoy the peanut butter box commercial, too, but I get distracted wondering why Ralph and Georgie have different accents.  :)

Because they're different breeds! 😉

• Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I know it’s partly because I am a giant homer, but I ❤️the Patrick Mahomes/Troy Polamalu “Never not working!” Head & Shoulders ads.  The latest one Pat tweeted out, probably my favorite.  Esp the shot of him as a lifeguard.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, voiceover said:

I know it’s partly because I am a giant homer, but I ❤️the Patrick Mahomes/Troy Polamalu “Never not working!” Head & Shoulders ads.  The latest one Pat tweeted out, probably my favorite.  Esp the shot of him as a lifeguard.

As a yinzer extraordinaire,  I love these ads too. Love me some Troy. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

As a yinzer extraordinaire,  I love these ads too. Love me some Troy. 

I adore Troy, however the part where he's the dentist slightly terrifies me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It’s so absurd that it cracks me up, the Tums commercial with the airport reunion between a woman and a giant burrito, to REO Speedwagon’s “I Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the two men sitting on a log, discussing the right/left Twix issue, and the two bears behind them echoing what they say but about the men.    

Yeah, that one cracks me up every time!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2022 at 1:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the two men sitting on a log, discussing the right/left Twix issue, and the two bears behind them echoing what they say but about the men.    

I was JUST coming to post about that.  I laugh every time I see it.

• Love 4

It's been running for months but I still like the Eggo commercial with Andy (or Andi?) the kid who refuses to wear pants. I mean, she's got a point. Dinosaurs don't wear pants. The claw-hands and 'Rargh!' just kill me.

Had not seen the Rock-Paper-Scissors one above but it's giving me cognitive dissonance with the rocks, pieces of paper and scissors being their regular sizes, and the rest of the world like houses and school buses also being regular sized. Um, what?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, nokat said:

The Liberty Mutual Commercial made me laugh with the pie eating contest.

Edited to add they will grab food out of your hands. 

I haven't seen that one, but I have been known to chuckle at Gecko stuck in a remote control boat the kid can't get back under control.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I don't know if its new or not, but first I've seen it and it  cracked my shit up hah!  An ad for Suburu but featured hot dogs on buns with bunches of real dogs just staring at them fixated and drooling, and then a bunch of weiner dogs giving them the evil eye hahah

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I was just going to post about this Subaru commercial.

Please explain why the family left without eating.  Did they feel guilty because the hot dogs resembled the weiner dogs?  Or were the weiner dogs poor and the the family left the food for them as charity?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Please explain why the family left without eating.  Did they feel guilty because the hot dogs resembled the weiner dogs?  Or were the weiner dogs poor and the the family left the food for them as charity?

The first one. I assume guilt at eating wieners (hot DOGS) in front of wiener dogs. Especially when they look at the wiener dog pup.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Yeah, the golden retrievers feel guilty.

When that commercial originally aired, I remember feeling like the only person who thought it was ridiculous of the wiener dogs to be offended.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4