Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I saw a very cute commercial yesterday.  I think it was a Subaru commercial.  A golden retriever was driving the car into the garage, and another dog was guiding him in and telling him when to stop.  Then the car's windshield touches the tennis ball that is hanging as a parking guide.  The driver dog starts barking at the hanging ball, and getting excited. The dog outside the car gives him a look and goes inside. The actual commercial is much cuter than my description.  It made me laugh.

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I saw a very cute commercial yesterday.  I think it was a Subaru commercial.  A golden retriever was driving the car into the garage,

Yes, it's funny! I love that one, too.

• Like 6

I really like the latest Allstate "Mayhem" commercial with Dean Winters portraying a home's messed up Wifi.  "When you go on vacation - guess what - I do too!".

Creative visual effects, and funny.  He does a good job in those.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I am absolutely tickled at the girl who says “gasp”.  Odd to love a lottery ad, but here I am. 

I love any soap opera like commercial. I love how the same actress was gasping as different characters. It reminded me way back on Days of Our Lives when the actress who played Hope, Kristian Alfonso, played four different women at the same time. It was confusing as hell. No they weren't related.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/28/2023 at 12:05 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

I like the car ad with the dog parking a car in the garage then getting all excited when the "parking assist ball" dangles in from of the windshield.

I just saw this ad & came here to mention it. So cute & then we see why the "driver" is so excited 😆.  Wish there were more hilarious ads (instead of the increasing number of mini movies for Rx's). 

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
21 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I just saw this ad & came here to mention it. So cute & then we see why the "driver" is so excited 😆.  Wish there were more hilarious ads (instead of the increasing number of mini movies for Rx's). 

And his wife is so disgusted over his excitement.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

And his wife is so disgusted over his excitement.

Is it his wife?  I've only seen the commercial once or twice but I thought it was a dad helping the pup learn to drive, showing the kid how far to pull into the garage.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Is it his wife?  I've only seen the commercial once or twice but I thought it was a dad helping the pup learn to drive, showing the kid how far to pull into the garage.

Could be, though the driver doesn't look that young and you'd think if he's teaching the driver he'd at least give him a good barking.

• Like 1

There's this series of life insurance commercials (though I can't remember the name of the company because I only saw a couple of them once each, it's something that starts with an E) where a woman appears out of nowhere and starts touting the qualities of the company and helping out in the kitchen.  They're pretty stupid, but I had a good laugh at one when the husband skeptically says to the wife, "You're going to listen to the magical woman who just appeared in our kitchen?"  He delivered the line well.

• LOL 3

I looked up the Subaru garage parking ad on iSpot. This is their description.

With the guidance of their canine buddy, one golden retriever learns to park their Subaru Crosstrek in the garage. Upon seeing the parking guide ball, the dog barks excitedly. Subaru claims that its car is dog tested and approved.

So, they're buddies! But I was right about one dog teaching the other how to park the car. 👍

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

The one outside the car is wearing a black collar; the driver is in red. I was hoping they'd be pink or blue indicating gender, but red & black was no help. Glad to know they're buddies.

But my quite male husband and sons wears pink all the time... so the gender thing would just confuse my family lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Grrarrggh said:

But my quite male husband and sons wears pink all the time... so the gender thing would just confuse my family lol. 

Good point. Our yellow lab was a girl we got her a red collar. It looked really great with her yellow fur. My grandfather had a light pink dress shirt he'd wear to church and holidays because my grandmother loved pink and he didn't care. He just wanted to make her happy. He really looked great in it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Yeah, it's bad enough we impose this on people, but dogs? 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Reminds me of this. Christopher Walken dancing to Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim.

image.png.1d692fed086a151f519fc1d046e56fef.png

Ha! I was going to respond to "I just wish this was longer" with a "Then watch this" and a link to this video 😀

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My new favorite is Sharon and Ozzy Osborne in an add for Playstation.  They're taking a trip back to England and Sharon wants Ozzy to help pack and he just wants to check out the Playstation.  It even includes their dog Minnie!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

At first you think they're bringing in that crate to take the poor dog away and just when you feel like you're going to cry, out pops a little friend for him.  I don't know if it's really sweet or really manipulative.

I just keep thinking "Sure, get the dog a buddy to help him tear up the house rather than train him".

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I just keep thinking "Sure, get the dog a buddy to help him tear up the house rather than train him".

Same here.  And the longer version also makes me think, "Why don't you try spending some time with the poor dog?!" because it shows them repeatedly leaving him home alone.  (This short one just looks like everyone going off to work and school.)

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Same here.  Train the dog.  Spend time with the dog when you're home -- we know you're not gone all day every single day.  The big dog will totally teach the small one how to wreak havoc.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, peacheslatour said:

At first you think they're bringing in that crate to take the poor dog away and just when you feel like you're going to cry, out pops a little friend for him.  I don't know if it's really sweet or really manipulative.

I don't really get this one. I didn't think their solution would solve anything. At least the other dog could watch the first continue to destroy everything.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love Tormund Giantsbane Kristofer Hivju in the Scott's commercials.  The way he looks at the couple while waiting for them to answer his question cracks me up.

With this ad and Groundskeeper Willie, is there some stereotype I'm unaware of?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I just saw what I think is a new Subaru commercial (or it could be really old and I never noticed it). It was the Golden Lab family dropping the kids and all their other dog teammates off for soccer practice!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Hearing Elton John's "Rocket Man" on the radio on the way home today reminded me how much I love this commercial of people bungling the lyrics:

"I told you it wasn't provolone" makes it art.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1