Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

The Napoleon one is cute though.  Certainly better than most commercials.

I saw one the other night that was funny:

I love that scene. It made me think of that seen in Back to the Future III with Mad Dog trying to set up when he wants to fight Marty tomorrow but his pals remind him their robbing something that day and he asks if they have anything on Monday. They don't so he decides to fight Marty on Monday.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I love that scene. It made me think of that seen in Back to the Future III with Mad Dog trying to set up when he wants to fight Marty tomorrow but his pals remind him their robbing something that day and he asks if they have anything on Monday. They don't so he decides to fight Marty on Monday.

Taking to Small Talk.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Trini said:

(I thought we had a topic spokespeople or mascots....)

Hey, they brought back Mayhem for Allstate!

If they'd only bring back some clever situations.  I haven't been impressed with what they've come up for him lately.

• Love 5

For the Canadians on here, it appears that it is Canadian Tire's 100th anniversary and their latest commercial is a compilation of their old ones.  Try not to cry when the dad lifts the 'tires' out of the back of the truck.  For those who never saw it, the commercial takes place some time in the past, featuring a family who didn't have much money.  Dad was kinda stern and no-nonsense.  The little boy longs for the bicycle in the Canadian Tire catalogue, but knows better than to ask for it.  One day the father notices a picture has been cut out of the catalogue.  In the next scene, he gruffly asks the son to come outside and 'help me with a couple of tires in the back of the truck.'  The look on the little boy's face as his father lifts a new bike out of the truck is priceless.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

If they'd only bring back some clever situations.  I haven't been impressed with what they've come up for him lately.

I agree, they've not been great, but I did laugh at the Tiktok one.

• Love 1

Progressive has vastly overestimated the appeal of the actress who plays Flo portraying all the members of her annoying family, and I especially don't like the character of the sister, but the most recent one has made me smile at its self-awareness. 

Bitchy Sister, who apparently is now wealthy and has had a baby, answers the door with the baby in a carrier on her chest. She has asked Flo to come to over to talk about insurance. She clarifies: to have Flo talk about insurance. 

After a few moments, Bitchy Sister shushes Flo and goes back inside, saying, "Baby sleeping."

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qezs/progressive-sleeping-baby

• Love 8
15 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

After a few moments, Bitchy Sister shushes Flo and goes back inside, saying, "Baby sleeping."

I swear they added the "sleeping baby" comment after the commercial began airing.  I think viewers were having a hard time understanding why Janice would shush Flo and close the door after inviting her over.  Yeah, I dislike this one too.

Speaking of Flo commercials, I just noticed in the extravafestasavathon one there is a wind sock man that looks like Jamie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

"This is going to get tens and tens of views."😄

I haven't been anywhere near as amused by the newest entries in the Mayhem series as I have most of the earlier ones, but I do love that line.

I appreciate the concept of the "fries" one, since I pick up fast food maybe once a year and, yes, absolutely must eat a few fries on the way home, but in execution it's just okay:

They seem to have lost their touch.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I love this kid's reaction to his father posting the video at the end.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qivW/t-mobile-the-talk-more-5g-bars-song-by-whitesnake

I love the kid's reactions, too, but I find the backdrop sad; the dad has a teenage boy happily spending time with him away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, and this grown man is thinking about his phone - not for work or anything temporarily necessary, but that he can post a stupid video even out in the middle of a lake. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

I love the kid's reactions, too, but I find the backdrop sad; the dad has a teenage boy happily spending time with him away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, and this grown man is thinking about his phone - not for work or anything temporarily necessary, but that he can post a stupid video even out in the middle of a lake. 

I took that as a parody of sorts — usually it’s the kid on the phone all the time while the parent is enjoying the lake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I love the cat Temptation treats commercial the guy shakes the treats and his cat comes running. Later in the woods he shakes his box of matches and millions of cats come running towards him. Its so funny. Its also exactly how my cat reacts to Temptation treats. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I wind up laughing at most of the Temptations commercials, because no scenario is too over the top -- being made almost exclusively of things that aren't good for them, cats go totally nuts for it.  I call it "kitty crack".

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Its also exactly how my cat reacts to Temptation treats. 

Our first cat was absolutely fascinated by those commercials. She could tell those commercials just by the opening "plink plink plink" piano music that some of the older ones used. Didn't matter where she was in the house, the moment she heard those opening notes, boom, she was out in the living room and just staring at the TV. And even after the ad ended, she'd sit there a little while longer, as though she expected them to come back and show the treats again or something. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I wind up laughing at most of the Temptations commercials, because no scenario is too over the top -- being made almost exclusively of things that aren't good for them, cats go totally nuts for it.  I call it "kitty crack".

It really isn't. I had no idea what to expect or if my cat would even like Temptation treats. All of my previous pets were dogs who were picky eaters. I wasn't prepared for how crazy he went over them. Even hopping up onto the counter and trying to knock it open. We now hid them from him. He can hear that sound from anywhere. Even a slight accidental bump and there he is waiting for his treats.  

• LOL 10
21 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

It really isn't. I had no idea what to expect or if my cat would even like Temptation treats. All of my previous pets were dogs who were picky eaters. I wasn't prepared for how crazy he went over them. Even hopping up onto the counter and trying to knock it open. We now hid them from him. He can hear that sound from anywhere. Even a slight accidental bump and there he is waiting for his treats.  

We can't even keep ours out any more. You should see all of the tiny pin prick holes in the bag from my kitten trying to chew her way into it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

My ferals have the same response when they hear me open the 22# bag of dry food! They line up at the kitchen slider waiting for their food. No treats here, they get fed 3x a day, dry with wet on top. Man these guys/gals eat a lot!!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

We can't even keep ours out any more. You should see all of the tiny pin prick holes in the bag from my kitten trying to chew her way into it.

LOL. I bet.  That's the first thing I put away when putting away groceries before the cat sees it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

In memory of Meat Loaf (and Naya Rivera) here is one of my all-time favorite commercials. We all need the laugh:

I totally forgot about this commercial!!!!11  Loved it when it came out.  "It hurts but I kinda like it!" 😂

• LOL 3

I love the commercial with Medusa, who was always one of my favorite characters from Greek Mythology. She'd be fun to hang out with, but I'd make sure to keep a compact mirror at the ready should her sunglasses slip.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I love the commercial with Medusa, who was always one of my favorite characters from Greek Mythology. She'd be fun to hang out with, but I'd make sure to keep a compact mirror at the ready should her sunglasses slip.

I love that commercial, but I do have one nit pick about it.  I don't think the guy who gets turned to stone deserves it just for winking at Medusa's friends.  Now, maybe he had been other jerky things all evening, but winking isn't that offensive if he doesn't pursue it since she's clearly not interested.

Yeah, I'm overthinking it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I love that commercial, but I do have one nit pick about it.  I don't think the guy who gets turned to stone deserves it just for winking at Medusa's friends.  Now, maybe he had been other jerky things all evening, but winking isn't that offensive if he doesn't pursue it since she's clearly not interested.

Yeah, I'm overthinking it.

My favorite is still Rapunzel "As for the prince? Well, who cares?"

• Love 9
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My favorite is still Rapunzel "As for the prince? Well, who cares?"

They're all good commercials but this is my favorite too.  Love the voice and intonation of the narrator.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2