Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 9/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, Annber03 said:

I just love the way the dog immediately rests its head next to her on the bed and looks at her, like, "Hello, I am here to take care of you." 

Therapy dogs are often used in hospitals now, especially with kids. It's been shown that patients who spend time with them often require less pain medication and recover more quickly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 8/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, Bastet said:

Being, or being influenced by, someone who regards those arbitrary "best by" dates as "expiration" dates is a part of why we in the U.S. waste nearly 40 million tons of edible food per year despite dozens of millions of people here going hungry.  I'm overall amused by the "ant/aunt problem" commercial, but there's nothing funny about that one aspect of it given the real-world consequences of falsely rejecting food as "expired" - meaning unsafe to consume - based on a date rather than its actual condition.

I am not sure why anyone's response to a humorous ad needs to be so politicized, quoting statistics without source, and  not to mention that expired or not expired food has nothing to do with the numbers of hungry people.  The nearly expired food can't be given to them. I use the date as a guide to check condition, but if other people want to discard on the date, that is their choice. As said, It can't be given to the hungry.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2021 at 4:02 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I always thought that song was hilarious because, while Manilow DID write a lot of songs, he didn't write THAT one. It was written by Bruce Johnston.

This I didn't know! It is funny, as he is such a prolific songwriter.

Edited by susannah
  • Love 4
On 11/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am grateful I never had anything like that.  My issue was this:  I am sitting in a meeting, fully aware of what is going on, even taking notes.  Next day?  ZERO memory of that meeting.  None.  

Forever grateful that crap is out of my life. 

The Ambien, or the work meetings? I never took Ambien but I am glad not to be working an office job anymore.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

The Ambien, or the work meetings? I never took Ambien but I am glad not to be working an office job anymore.

I am in education.  Not cool when you are in an IEP meeting, taking notes on what will be in a child's academic plan and the next day you have zero memory of it.  Not enough money for me to take Ambien again.  My hubs was prescribed a 5mg tablet for a sleep study and I didn't want it in the house!  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am in education.  Not cool when you are in an IEP meeting, taking notes on what will be in a child's academic plan and the next day you have zero memory of it.  Not enough money for me to take Ambien again.  My hubs was prescribed a 5mg tablet for a sleep study and I didn't want it in the house!  

I feel the same way about Chantix.

I just saw a new commercial last night for Kia cars. A woman is driving around a city, which is semi-deserted. She sees characters in historical costumes in tableaus. I don't know how to describe it further, it isn't even on YouTube yet. 

The historical dress reminds me of the Bridgerton series and books. The commercial captured my attention like the ad agency meant it to.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

I just saw a new commercial last night for Kia cars. A woman is driving around a city, which is semi-deserted. She sees characters in historical costumes in tableaus. I don't know how to describe it further, it isn't even on YouTube yet. 

The historical dress reminds me of the Bridgerton series and books. The commercial captured my attention like the ad agency meant it to.

This sounds like the ad you're describing:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qnxw/kia-ev6-writer-t1

• Love 1

I love the Ikea Buff Teddy Bears, and how they protect the family, but also let the little girl win the arm wrestling contest.   

I love the Petsmart or Petco commercial with the "I'd Do Anything" with all of the various pets, especially the Guinea Pig at the end, having 'cookies'.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I still hate the Flo cancels the commercial shoot for pets, even though they have the little clip after with her playing with a cat. 

The Ikea Buff Teddy Bears makes a lot more sense with the full length version.   I love where the little girl puts makeup on Dad's face, Dad's looking in the mirror, and the Teddy Bear moves the mirror, and the Teddy bear has the same makeup.   The full length one shows the bears being more helpers, than prison guards like the shorter version does.  

https://dailycommercials.com/ikea-buff-bears-commercial/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Even though I've never been on Facebook and I won't be on Meta, I can't resist head-bobbing to this commercial every time I see it.

I'm right there with you.  Love the flamingos twerking.

• Love 3

This is a sweet commercial:  romantic, nostalgic, and lovely…but I have a nitpick that distracts me.  In the ‘50s scene, the young man is significantly taller than the young woman; the mature couple are almost the same height. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

This is a sweet commercial:  romantic, nostalgic, and lovely…but I have a nitpick that distracts me.  In the ‘50s scene, the young man is significantly taller than the young woman; the mature couple are almost the same height. 

Oops!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

In the ‘50s scene, the young man is significantly taller than the young woman; the mature couple are almost the same height. 

Yeah, that's really noticeable, and women shrink more than men as they age, so it's totally unrealistic (unless he developed some particular disorder in the interim years that caused significant loss of height, or she had a late onset major growth spurt).

Especially if you consider she likely would have been wearing heels back in the day, making their height difference then even greater, but even if she was in flats like him and that was their true height difference then, they wouldn't be pretty much equal now absent absent special circumstances.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I saw that as well, and my brain decided to fanwank that her mother wouldn't let her wear heels in the 50's because she was too young (and still growing).  Yeah, it's a stretch, but it keeps me from being distracted by it.

• Love 2

The director could have had the young woman briefly stand on a box when they were dancing.  The audience never sees their feet (although we do see the older couple's very sensible footwear...and that's why I noticed the height discrepancy).  

I know it's silly...but attention to details matter (even in 30 second commercials).  

• Love 3
On 11/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, andromeda331 said:

I love that commecial. All the animals are so cute! Mittens looks like a diva.

Mittens is so adorable in her little band costume and feathered hat. I don't know how they found kittens to keep on a hat. I could never make my cats wear one!.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Mittens is so adorable in her little band costume and feathered hat. I don't know how they found kittens to keep on a hat. I could never make my cats wear one!.

That's the question I have not just with Mittens but all commercials where cats and dogs are wearing hats or clothes. My cat would never let it happen neither would our dogs. Even our most relaxed go with everything dog would flip out if we tried to put anything on him.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's the question I have not just with Mittens but all commercials where cats and dogs are wearing hats or clothes. My cat would never let it happen neither would our dogs. Even our most relaxed go with everything dog would flip out if we tried to put anything on him.

I'm sure thy're well trained, probably from a very young age. If the animal completely refuses to comply, they are removed from training and re-homed. Sorry, that's just how it works.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm sure thy're well trained, probably from a very young age. If the animal completely refuses to comply, they are removed from training and re-homed. Sorry, that's just how it works.

Mittens is cute and I don't think she's a diva at all!  Just confused about what all the fuss is about.  Yes, the critters we see onscreen in ads, TV and movies are professional actors.

• Love 5
On 11/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, Phebemarie said:

Love the commercial (and it's ALWAYS cool to see an older couple still in love after all these years)!Oh, yeah and ' I Only Have Eyes for You' is a timeless, cool classic!

However, did anyone else watching it feel . ..older contemplating that a song that was still making the rounds in one's childhood and teens has been around for 62 years and that the first generation of  teens dancing to it are now within sight of their 80th birthdays- if not past them? I mean when I was a kid songs  that evoked nostalgia for older folks meant such standards as 'Down by the Old Mill Stream' and 'Bicycle Made for Two'! LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around 1971 being 50 years ago.

And then...I died

12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Mittens is a very talented actor.

She is a cutie.   They could take this far.  Maybe doctors scrubs, another with a drum kit setup haha Mittens you're a star baby!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

She could easily wear a white apron and a tricked-out name tag & replace Flo.

PLEASE get that insurance company to MAKE IT SO!!

Remember: yarn, fish treats and the catnip is WAY cheaper than the salary for the  one I call Uno-Wutt [AKA Flo)!

• Love 4
On 11/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, Blergh said:

Love the commercial (and it's ALWAYS cool to see an older couple still in love after all these years)!Oh, yeah and ' I Only Have Eyes for You' is a timeless, cool classic!

However, did anyone else watching it feel . ..older contemplating that a song that was still making the rounds in one's childhood and teens has been around for 62 years and that the first generation of  teens dancing to it are now within sight of their 80th birthdays- if not past them? I mean when I was a kid songs  that evoked nostalgia for older folks meant such standards as 'Down by the Old Mill Stream' and 'Bicycle Made for Two'! LOL

Yep. COF (Certified  Old Fart) here. I remember my sister (who would have been 81 if she were still  alive) playing that song on her record player. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The Geico commercial with the football game and the football player bringing a stroller onto the field, the other team playing peekaboo, him burping the baby and its really a football. Its the peekaboo that gets me every time.

I liked this one the first few times I saw it, but unfortunately, one of the channels I watch (Gameshow Network, maybe?) has been showing it a LOT and now I'm kinda tired of it.  I hate when they do that.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Who could have ever imagined dogs singing an Usher song? 😁

Who could forget this classic? I looked up the original and it was from the 1950's!

And don't forget the addition of Jingle Cats:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Just saw this one for the first time, the "singing" dogs crack me up.  

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qNH6/amazon-holidays-choir-master-carl

For the record, I can't stand the other Amazon commercial with Thoughtful Theo. Hate his big mouth propped open in the dentist office.

I love that commercial. The dogs are all so cute and very good "singers". I love the cat's reaction to it all too. Its so perfect.

• Love 6