Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

I worked at a women's imaging center and mammograms and other breast imaging studies constituted a great portion of their services.

We had a woman who had come in with a questionable mass in her breast.  She came in for her biopsy and was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It was recommended she have surgical resection followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy and odds were she would have a full recovery since it had been caught early.

She decided instead to go the holistic route.  She came in every 6 months for her followup imaging, and the mass kept getting larger with each visit.  No amount of explaining to her that she was running out of time and needed to take definitive action changed her mind.  She was determined to handle it through diet and herbal remedies.

At her last visit, one of the technicians came into my office teary-eyed and saying she wished the patient would stop coming in even for followup because it was breaking her heart to see her slowly dying and yet still refusing conventional medical treatment and saying she just needed to increase her supplements and cut other things out of her diet and she would be fine.

My contract there ended shortly thereafter, so I don't know the eventual outcome of that patient's case...I've got a pretty damned good idea, though.

I bring this up because, when I hear about what Yolanda is doing with the "guinea pig" types of treatments all over the world, I always think of this patient and how she essentially was killing herself with her decision to explore other methods of treatment rather than following the advice of the physicians treating her.

I'm all for people trying alternative methods of healing but, when those prove ineffective or the disease progresses whilst undergoing said alternative treatments, it's time to quickly reassess the situation and seriously consider changing treatment paths.  

I hope for Yolanda's sake that she isn't losing precious time by traveling all over the world to try these experimental/unproven treatments.

I feel that Yolanda is reaching out to anyone that offers her a way to go back to exactly what and who she was prior to her Lyme Disease diagnosis. In my opinion, she's chasing shadows and ghosts because someone that has Lyme disease will never be exactly the same as they once were. Yolanda is a 'woman of means' and can easily afford to travel anywhere in the world where there's an alternative treatment that can't be done in the USA because those experimental treatments also have unknown risks and don't have FDA approvals. But Yolanda should also realize that despite all the claims for cure or miracle treatment, the USA probably has the best medical services available in the world. If there's any correlation between the experimental treatment she received in Korea or Mexico and the recent increased loss of concentration, fatigue and memory retention, nobody could know.

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2001. I felt my personality changing. I was short-tempered and irritable. Then I became more outgoing and talkative, losing track of time and my ability to concentrate at work. My short-term memory is shoddy at best. A quick treatment of antibiotics appeared to have cleared up some of those problems. Lyme disease itself isn't the problem, it's the other ailments like chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia and even the way that our bodies react to a simple infection long after the infection has been resolved is what becomes the thrust of the frustration factor.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 10

She also bought us the gift of Allison Dubois.  ;-)

Ah, how could I forget that?

And then sat there at the head of table for all the world like a naughty little toddler caught with her hand in the proverbial cookie jar as Ms. Dubois systemically verbally attacked the other women at the table.

Yeah, I'd absolutely love a season 1 Camille back.  That Dinner from Hell was pure gold.  

Such a difference between season 1 Camille's vile behavior and that of Brandi and Kim.  I loved to hate on Camille and snark on her antics.  

Brandi and Kim, not so much.  

• Love 20

I agree. That's my point. LisaV is much closer to Kyle than Brandi was. That's why I believe LisaV totally has Kyle's number. Just like she had Brandi's. She knew what Brandi was - vile and trashy. She laughed at her cursing and sexual asides and became her good friend. Imo, she knows Kyle is cut from similar cloth. But like she did with Brandi, Lisa doesn't care. Well, until she does. I think that's what Brandi was saying. Watch your back with Kyle because you and I, Lisa, know what she's about.

I don't disagree but I would say it applies to Kyle as well. She should watch her back because I have no doubt that LisaV and Brandi were giddy over the prospect of Mo cheating on Kyle and I also believe the magazine thing and that they wanted to knock kyle down a peg.

These hoes ain't loyal. Not a one of them. But at least Kyle and Lisa V aren't vile drunken trash who are painful for me to watch.

• Love 9

Kyle and Lisa V have sized each other up, knows what the other is capable of, and has a good idea what the other is guilty of. Perfect for a Hollywood Reality TV friendship. For now they have called a truce to unite against a common enemy, the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing. I see it for what it is.

• Love 12
(edited)

I think it's great that Yolanda is supportive of her daughters with the modeling thing and Gigi is becoming quite successful. I just wish that she put that level of support into volleyball, which Gigi seemed to love playing, instead of telling her she'd look like a lesbian. I guess because you can't be an athlete and get by eating almonds for a meal.

Andy, you bastard. If Lisa Vanderpump wants tea, then give it to her.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 13

I am the opposite, I would much rather see the women calling Brandi out for being mentally unstable rather than seeing them try to discuss and explain their feelings about a singular offense of Brandi or go tit for tat for Brandi which means them getting in the gutter with her.

We aren't in disagreement. But calling Brandi out is a waste of time. She doesn't care if someone calls her out rationally like Eileen or if they go BSC like Kyle.  I don't mind them calling out her unstableness but I prefer Eileen's method.  Kyle, imo, may as well throw some waders on with that pretty tomato colored dress because she's in the gutter. Why make yourself look bad or get your blood pressure up over someone like Brandi?  Shows a lack of self control.  Just like Brandi.  Not exactly like Brandi because so far Kyle hasn't thrown any wine or slapped Lisa.  But Kyle definitely loses control and I personally think it's a character flaw to do so over someone like Brandi.  That's partially what I mean by them being cut from the same cloth.  There're other reasons why I feel that way but that's one of 'em as it pertains to losing control and verbal skills.

I don't agree with your interpretation of what Brandi meant or that Brandi and Kyle are cut from the same cloth, but your other points are well taken and I think that Lisa V and Kyle have each others numbers.

Do you think that Brandi was threatening Lisa?  Saying that she, Brandi, was possibly going to do something else so she'd better watch her back?  I can't think of any other way to interpret those words except for my way or that way.

• Love 2
(edited)
And she is calling Lisa R Anorexic? Pot, kettle and all that.

Neither of them look anorexic or even underweight to me. Some people are just thin, man. If I had a buck for every time someone tossed an anorexia remark or even a "good-natured" "Eat a sandwich"...or "What are you, 80 pounds soaking wet?" I might still be goofing off today at PTV... but it wouldn't be in an office! Or, the absolute dumbest: "It's not that cold in here; you should gain weight!" Yes, I'll get right on that, as it is so much more convenient and expeditious than wearing a sweater!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think Brandi had a very bad mini face lift by a bad surgeon.  How sad her face has changed so much in ten years, because she was a real beauty.  She looks like she had a stroke, not like a healthy 42 yr. old woman.   She really is a nasty nasty person.  That's all you have for Kyle, is that she smoked pot with you, once?  What a loser. 

And for Kim to just sit there while Brandi called her sister a f***ing c*** on national TV...I feel like Kim has been brainwashed.  Next week Kim throws her niece under the bus to save her dog's reputation?  Are you kidding me?  What is it you are going to say, Kim?  That the kids were drinking at your house when they weren't supposed to be?  Brandi and Kim are not well. 

Edited by babykin
  • Love 16

Andy, you bastard. If Lisa Vanderpump wants tea, then give it to her.

My thought exactly. I think Andy quite liked denying the queen her tea. She even asked him for a sip from his cup. :(

He's an asshole.

• Love 17
(edited)

We aren't in disagreement. But calling Brandi out is a waste of time. She doesn't care if someone calls her out rationally like Eileen or if they go BSC like Kyle.  I don't mind them calling out her unstableness but I prefer Eileen's method.  Kyle, imo, may as well throw some waders on with that pretty tomato colored dress because she's in the gutter. Why make yourself look bad or get your blood pressure up over someone like Brandi?  Shows a lack of self control.  Just like Brandi.  Not exactly like Brandi because so far Kyle hasn't thrown any wine or slapped Lisa.  But Kyle definitely loses control and I personally think it's a character flaw to do so over someone like Brandi.  That's partially what I mean by them being cut from the same cloth.  There're other reasons why I feel that way but that's one of 'em as it pertains to losing control and verbal skills.

I would not go as far as to say "just like Brandi," but I totally agree with you that Kyle has issues with managing her emotions / losing control, and like Brandi, many times her losing control related to alcohol, but Brandi is much further up the scale than Kyle is.

Do you think that Brandi was threatening Lisa?  Saying that she, Brandi, was possibly going to do something else so she'd better watch her back?  I can't think of any other way to interpret those words except for my way or that way.

I think that Brandi was threatening Lisa V.  At the time Andy was specifically asking them about the future of their friendship and could they have fun again and Lisa V's response was something like she can't trust that Brandi won't slap her or throw wine in her face, and that is when Brandi said, "watch your back."  To me if she was talking about Kyle, she would have added something like, "... and I am not the one you need to be worried about."  At first blush my thought was this is Brandi doing her typical toothless, wannabe gangster posturing, but when it comes to Lisa V I am starting to wonder if she's not posturing and Brandi is a threat to her especially if she is under the influence.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 9

“We had sex both nights” – Brandi, we saw the scene where you both admitted nothing happened that first night. And if you watched your own show, you’d know that we know. 

Hate to defend Kim, but a big Sharknado “thing” is surprise cameos.  If they gave credit, it would defeat the purpose.  It’s no slight on her – it’s somewhat flattering that they thought her appearance would garner an “oooh!” from the audience. 

I thought Lisa Rinna handled the chub chub clip well.  Obviously a rehearsed answer, but well done. 

Kim’s attack on Kyle next week looks horrific.  I just can’t fathom going there about a kid, let alone a kid in your own family, let alone a kid who’s friends with YOUR kids.  She knew she had Kyle over a barrel with the whole “you don’t WANT me to tell the REAL story!” threat.  With most everybody else you could call her bluff, as LisaR did – “Just what did Harry do?!”  Presumably there’s nothing she can’t say that isn’t cockamamie... except it’s Kim.  She’s liable to say ANYthing, and it’s your teenage daughter she might be saying it about.  You can’t let her run her mouth without damaging your child, so you don’t let her run her mouth; you back off.  Which is what she wants.

• Love 9

I hope Kim says exactly whatever she's threatening to. 1)I'm sick of the threats 2) Alexia needs to know her aunt is a terrible person who can't care for her in the way an Aunt should and 3)Kyle has to learn that the Kim she wants a relationship with doesn't exist. This is what's there. 

Yes, yes, and especially yes. If Kim likes the estrangement, Kyle should just say "okay" and walk away.  Maybe some day Kim will wise up and try to reconcile with Kyle, and at that point it will be up to Kyle to decide whether that bridge can be rebuilt.  But by making it known how much she treasures the relationship she has/had with her sister, Kyle gives Kim too much power, which Kim seems to enjoy abusing.  For Kyle's own sanity, she has to give up the ghost; maybe she'll even find out she's happier without the albatross of Kim around her neck.  At least, that's my opinion.

• Love 16
It's one of those words like 'moist'.  Or 'slacks'.  It's a one-syllabled, harsh sounding word that irks some people.

Moist ugh!!! That's def on my list!

I love Lisa R but I don't believe that her child was "mortified" for the chub-chub comment. Word to whoever upthread mentioned she should change her hair. Can you imagine her with Kyle locks or a Yo bob?

Brandi is so cheap and disgusting. When Andy compared The Slap to playing with a dog and it going a step too far, her immediate reaction was a nasty "F-you." It takes a lot for me to say that to someone's face, let alone say it to the producer of the show that pays me to appear on it, on national TV.  She doesn't give a crap about anything and she acts like this is some kind of admirable trait.

She's really holding on for dear life to "you pushed my arm" eh?

• Love 8

When your acting coworkers are Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, you're a stah!

You know what other big star had a cameo in a Sharknado movie? Benji from the Howard Stern Show. Wow!

I really think the reunion could have just been: 

Andy's intro - hellos, how are yous?

Kyle: "You are one sick fuck!" 

The end.

You know, I thought Yolanda's defense of Brandi in the beginning (I'm not okay with throwing her on the road like a bag of garbage or whatever) was pretty humiliating.  As far as defenses go, it was the equivalent of a pity fuck.

Brandi - I think you hate yourself and it makes me feel sad for you and your kids. Please go see a therapist. Daily.

• Love 14
(edited)

Yes, yes, and especially yes. If Kim likes the estrangement, Kyle should just say "okay" and walk away.  

I'm not sure Kim is happy with the estrangement. When Kim was talking about seeing a therapist together, Kim's face was initially open, and then, there's a second in which Kim pauses and gets no response from Kyle  -- that she'd also love to see a therapist together-- and suddenly, Kim flips into "See ya! Happy as a clam in my life right now!" I think Kyle didn't jump like a demented bunny into Kim's conversational pause -- all tears and "I love you!" and "Yes, let's work it out!" and that made Kim flip on a dime. (Also a big part of why Andy was looking askance at her, imo, at the end of her wandering monologue).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

I don't get why these women are so fixated on whatever comes out of Brandi's mouth by now. Her motivations, like the thoughts expressed, come from such a shallow place, and you just can't take her so seriously.

She doesn't mean much with most of what she says, until you come back firing, and then she feels license to get ugly back. The whole "stop picking on me" on her part—I think—comes from her lack of understanding that she actually started it. She doesn't get (and for some of these things, neither do I, if I'm being honest) why it's worth spending all this time arguing about something that she spent literally not one second thinking about saying or doing. Should she take a second and think? Sure, but they know what they're getting from her now and can stop clutching their pearls at her already.

Also, in context Brandi obviously said "watch your back" to Lisa about trusting her relationships with the other ladies, especially Kyle, so let's step back on the suggestion of a threat there. The whole "I've beaten you up in my head a hundred times" thing is ugly, but hardly an indicator of anything other than a vivid fantasy life.

So much of the conflict on these shows seems to come from the participants' lackluster communication skills. Seems if they could just express themselves clearly, they'd have less to argue about. Poor ol' burbly Kim trying to compare her selection of gigs with Lisa Rinna, and trying to say—because she did finally say it that way, even though by then the catty umbrage had already started and it got ignored—that Lisa would put herself out there more than Kim. Not in an "I'm so special/accomplished and you're such a sellout" way, but in a "you're way more adventurous than me" way.

Kyle likes to use the "my sister" thing like it's some kind of magic talisman that heals all wounds. There are plenty of siblings who aren't that close and don't get along for many reasons valid or otherwise. Being raised with another person is not a guaranteed passport to lifelong relationship intimacy, and shouldn't be used as a club to try and force it. 

I'm not team Brandi/Kim in any way (because they're obviously flawed people who'd be tough for anybody to handle day-to-day), but I just don't get the hysteria or the need to treat every catty or nasty comment as such an atrocity.

• Love 6

Brandi is like a petulant child. She's a middle age mother of two who is having a problem accepting her current station in life. She married an actor and envisioned an entirely different life. She's aging, she's disgusting and without this show she probably wouldn't have a pot to piss in. And, worst of all, she's practically Menopausal (which is my personal favorite!)

• Love 12

I kept trying to focus on what was being said and kept getting so distracted by what Brandi has done to her face. For all her flaws, at least onSeason 1 she was a beautiful woman. Why has she done this to herself, it was CatLady bad. Tragic.

• Love 6

What's also scary about Brandi is how she goes from 0-60 in a bitchsecond.  Like holy shit.

She perceived a slight from Andy and instead of being like "What did you say?"  "Could you clarify what you meant?  It sounded offensive."  or "I don't understand what you mean."

She screams out "FUCK YOU!" like she's a 16 year old away from her parents and is just now realizing she can say the word "FUCK" without being reprimanded for using it.

Like really?  She has no boundaries whatsoever.  I used to think Eddie and Leann were assholes for what they did but after seeing her behavior it's clear Eddie dodged one helluva bullet by spending the rest of his life with her.  I can't imagine how many times he's had to deal with her attacking for no apparent reason.  

• Love 20

I love Lisa R but I don't believe that her child was "mortified" for the chub-chub comment. Word to whoever upthread mentioned she should change her hair. Can you imagine her with Kyle locks or a Yo bob?

Brandi is so cheap and disgusting. When Andy compared The Slap to playing with a dog and it going a step too far, her immediate reaction was a nasty "F-you." It takes a lot for me to say that to someone's face, let alone say it to the producer of the show that pays me to appear on it, on national TV.  She doesn't give a crap about anything and she acts like this is some kind of admirable trait.

Yeah, I don't think Delilah is "mortified" over chub-chub either. I think Rinna regrets and is embarrassed that the scene is on tv and made her and her daughters look bad, but she did a fine recovery job at the reunion.

I think LisaR can carry off that hairstyle better than anyone else could, but I would love to see her grow out the layers and keep it on the short side -- I think it would look even better.

Brandi is like a dog with a bone with Kyle scratching her arm with the bracelet. What a pussy! She's such a hypocrite.

• Love 2

Ah, how could I forget that?

And then sat there at the head of table for all the world like a naughty little toddler caught with her hand in the proverbial cookie jar as Ms. Dubois systemically verbally attacked the other women at the table.

Yeah, I'd absolutely love a season 1 Camille back.  That Dinner from Hell was pure gold.  

Such a difference between season 1 Camille's vile behavior and that of Brandi and Kim.  I loved to hate on Camille and snark on her antics.  

Brandi and Kim, not so much.  

Because Season 1 Camille was just really full of herself, much like Heather from OC in my opinion. Camille has definitely been humbled thought, and has certainly seemed like a better person. Although her taste in men doesn't appear to have improved much. Still, yes to all I will take pretty much anyone over the two losers at this point.

• Love 2

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-v-the-line-has-been-well-and-truly-crossed I think that is the theory Lisa Vanderpump has put out there.   Brandi destroys relationships because she  is worried the other person will tire of her and not find her worthy of their friendship.  I believe she is also horribly aggressive in initially cultivating the relationships.    I think Brandi took the rejection by Lisa as an partner in PUMP very hard as it cemented her feelings that Lisa thought of her more as a sidekick than an equal http://www.wetpaint.com/lisa-vanderpump/articles/2015-02-17-turned-brandi-glanville-down-business.  I also question why a single woman would want to hang her hat and invest her money in a gay restaurant?

The airing of Lisa's latest rejection though is getting a little redundant.  I thought Lisa described their relationship to a tee in the finale episode.  All this nonsense of Brandi demanding foes call her because her father is sick is just further evidence Brandi doesn't know how relationships work and it is time for her step away and quit trying to engineer them.  I have often wonder what the other 12 BFFS of Brandi's feel like with chasing Brandi after these RHOBH friendships with such gusto,  A dozen friends and having her children 50% of the time should fill her dance card.

• Love 6
(edited)

Andy did look a little shocked and almost apprehensive when Brandi made the comment about giving him a lapdance, though.  I realized that Brandi was trying to say how much "fun" she can be when she gets drunk, as opposed to an aggressive, nasty, vulgar bitch, but again, her delivery made no sense.

I loved seeing Andy's look of panic because I think that the LAST thing he wants is to have Brandi grinding all over him.....

And yet again, Brandi just proves how she takes everything to the extreme.  When will she realize that most people, when they have a few driinks, usually get silly and giggly.  Some may get a little sad over something....and on rare occasions, some may take things a step too far.  It is normally a rare occurrence for most people to go to extremes while drunk , but not for Brandi.  And, if it happens more often than not, most people can and will take the advice of their friends and family and dial it back.  

Again, she uses alcohol as a "hall pass" for her bad behavior.

I know several of us have discussed before, how we usually act while drinking.  Most people don't change that drastically and when a person does, that should signal to them that there's something wrong.  I don't just mean wrong as in a substance abuse problem, but there could also be other factors, like perhaps some kind of allergy or averse reaction to alcohol or in mixing alcohol with medications (as Brandi does).  Brandi has admitted more than twice that she is aware her demeanor and behavior changes, and not for the better, when she drinks. 

I'm almost convinced now that she's using drinking as an excuse to do drunk, what she wants to do, when sober.  Outside a fraternity, I've never seen someone practically beam with pride that they get black out drunk on the regular.  I've always said I won't call her an alcoholic, but I don't think you need to be one in order to have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol -- and I think she does. 

Yo is no help with that either, since (hopefully I heard this right) during last night's show, Yo told Andy that she wanted Brandi to go on that 21-day cleanse in order to "prove" to everyone that she didn't have a problem drinking, or something of that nature.  Why would Brandi need to put effort into disproving something that didn't even exist in the first place? If Brandi didn't have a drinking problem then there would be no need to prove it, imo, it would just *be*.   

In all my 54 years (yep, proud "menomama" here); I am extremely grateful I've never had the displeasure of encountering anybody as vile as Kim Richards or Brandi Glanville.

You are lucky, indeed.  I've been friends with and dated several Brandi/Kim types.  My ex-Fiancé was a Brandi type.  I was friends with one girl who was worse than both of 'em put together!  Suffice to say, I had to change my phone number and email accounts many times over a period of years, had the USPS flag and return anything sent by her, and even had my credit reports monitored for awhile.  The only thing I couldn't do was move, though I'm not even sure that would have helped.  This is why I know Brandi and Kim's M.O. so well.  I've experienced it and it's a very strange kind of predictable unpredictability.    

That might be true but now we'll never know.  Brandi has lied about so many things and some caught on tape others called out last night that Brandi could now call the sky blue and I would think it was green.  So if she starts spilling Kyle secrets no one will believe her.

Yup, yup.  I called Brandi "The Girl Who Cried Unfair", once before, and I stand by it.  She's a lying liar who lies, and so even if a truism were ever spat out her ugly mouth, no one would believe her.  She has done that to herself, one hundred percent.    

It's one of those words like 'moist'. 

LOVE that word! 

143nv46.gif

vn193p.gif

13yqz6b.gif

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

In my head, I'm picturing them preparing for the reunions.

"Ok Kyle, if Brandi goes for you...don't forget to mention the tampon string"

"Brandi, if anyone brings up the tampon string, brag that at least you are not in menopause".

I feel like they come into the taping with a handful of canned comebacks they've prepared (or someone has prepared for them) and they wait for the opportunity to fit them in.

I've always felt that Andy hates women.   His career is built on giving greedy selfish women attention, and then watching as they eventually humiliate themselves on national tv.     I think for the most part when Russell killed himself, I stopped laughing at a lot of what happens, and I kind of lost my reality show mojo.   I still watch a few shows, but I see what the intention is, and it isn't really lifestyles of the rich and famous that we look in on for entertainment.    How many of these people are divorced, bankrupt, in jail, or broke after being on his shows?    They signed up for it--he doesn't make them do anything they do but he certainly laughs all the way to the bank on the proceeds.   

• Love 8

Just one question - are bump its back in style in BH? Or was Lisa VP showing up like a low rent Snooki from 5 years ago precisely an illustration of just how out of touch she is with the fashionable zeitgeist? 

• Love 4

I don't get why these women are so fixated on whatever comes out of Brandi's mouth by now. Her motivations, like the thoughts expressed, come from such a shallow place, and you just can't take her so seriously.

She doesn't mean much with most of what she says, until you come back firing, and then she feels license to get ugly back. The whole "stop picking on me" on her part—I think—comes from her lack of understanding that she actually started it. She doesn't get (and for some of these things, neither do I, if I'm being honest) why it's worth spending all this time arguing about something that she spent literally not one second thinking about saying or doing. Should she take a second and think? Sure, but they know what they're getting from her now and can stop clutching their pearls at her already.

Also, in context Brandi obviously said "watch your back" to Lisa about trusting her relationships with the other ladies, especially Kyle, so let's step back on the suggestion of a threat there. The whole "I've beaten you up in my head a hundred times" thing is ugly, but hardly an indicator of anything other than a vivid fantasy life.

So much of the conflict on these shows seems to come from the participants' lackluster communication skills. Seems if they could just express themselves clearly, they'd have less to argue about. Poor ol' burbly Kim trying to compare her selection of gigs with Lisa Rinna, and trying to say—because she did finally say it that way, even though by then the catty umbrage had already started and it got ignored—that Lisa would put herself out there more than Kim. Not in an "I'm so special/accomplished and you're such a sellout" way, but in a "you're way more adventurous than me" way.

Kyle likes to use the "my sister" thing like it's some kind of magic talisman that heals all wounds. There are plenty of siblings who aren't that close and don't get along for many reasons valid or otherwise. Being raised with another person is not a guaranteed passport to lifelong relationship intimacy, and shouldn't be used as a club to try and force it. 

I'm not team Brandi/Kim in any way (because they're obviously flawed people who'd be tough for anybody to handle day-to-day), but I just don't get the hysteria or the need to treat every catty or nasty comment as such an atrocity.

Superb.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it that way.  I almost went back to watch again to make sure I wasn't hearing things.  But I'd rather not.

• Love 1

I'm not sure Kim is happy with the estrangement. When Kim was talking about seeing a therapist together, Kim's face was initially open, and then, there's a second in which Kim pauses and gets no response from Kyle  -- that she'd also love to see a therapist together-- and suddenly, Kim flips into "See ya! Happy as a clam in my life right now!" I think Kyle didn't jump like a demented bunny into Kim's conversational pause -- all tears and "I love you!" and "Yes, let's work it out!" and that made Kim flip on a dime. (Also a big part of why Andy was looking askance at her, imo, at the end of her wandering monologue).

I don't necessarily think Kim was happy with the estrangement either - but her changing tacks in a nanosecond based on Kyle's non-reaction or measured reaction tells me that Kim might not have been sincere about the joint therapy idea in the first place.  It's like Kim placed more importance on her not being perceived as weak or vulnerable than actually taking a step towards rebuilding a relationship with her sister.  This is what I see as an abuse of Kim's "power" over Kyle -- imo, Kim just wants to play this game as long as she has the upper hand (ie, Kyle is supposed to jump in with the "I love you, let's do it..." stuff.) . Personally, I hope Kyle is over it, which would remove some of that power and put them on more equal footing, should they choose to move forward.  Again, just my opinion. 

• Love 10

Heh. I must admit I come from a country (or perhaps a generation) where the use of 'cunt' is a LOT more liberal than it apparently is in the US. It just doesn't carry the same level of offense and outrage in the UK and Australia as it clearly does in America; in fact phrases like 'mad cunt' or 'sick cunt' are actually compliments/terms of endearment, lmao! Must just be a cultural thing! Personally I like the word a lot, but I tend to use it in self-deprecating or sarcastic ways (or in the aforementioned complimentary way); I don't think I've used it in the middle of an argument, I've certainly never used it for shock value, and I'm always careful about the company I use it in (for example I'd never use it in the US, I've learned first hand that Americans can be quite perplexed by its casual usage!)

This said, I must say this: Brandi is a cunt. And a pathological liar, too. It's always the ones who wax poetic about how "honest" and "real" they are who end up talking the most shit.

As someone who has a lot of British friends and who spends a lot of time in the Uk, you are right. It took me a while to get used to just how freely that word is used over there along with twat, which although not as bad as the c word here, is just not used in daily conversation.. But then you guys can to magical and wonderous things with profanity of the likes that I have never seen. I have also had friends use  the word C**Ted as a verb.

• Love 3

Maybe it's because I believe that Kyle is something WAY WAY WAY different than the loving wife, awesome mother, martyred sister that we are shown.  I think when she and Brandi were chums, Kyle let that freak flag fly and Brandi knows full well what Kyle is.

I've never had the warm fuzzies for kyle. I never heard of her or kim before RHBH, and from the start, kyle (as well as kim) has struck me as being an arrogant, entitled and very mean piece of work....(indeed, the way she went running after the poor drunk woman who made a pass at mauricio at the first season's white party gave a VERY clear insight into the aggressive and potentially violent direction kyle can go when she thinks her 'property' is in jeopardy)...and had I felt neutral toward her, kyle's continual smirking would have been a dead give-away, even if the original game night nastiness with (then) newbie brandi had never happened. No matter how much she tries to play the martyr, I'm not buying it. She and kim are a very well matched set - mean, nasty, aggressive, and totally willing to engage in anything to accomplish their goals - which is to be in total control of everyone and everything withing their purview. Apparently, kyle has simply learned how to hide it better.

• Love 9

Brandi is defensive and is accustomed to people only saying negative comments about her uncensored mouth, so when Andy made that comment, her mind immediately thought it was a negative thing against her and she didn't take the time to process in her mind exactly what he was trying to express. Anyone in the vicinity of Brandi shouldn't use analogies or any words with more than six letters because her mind just can't process it.

• Love 4

So if she starts spilling Kyle secrets no one will believe her.

Actually, speaking strictly as someone who has had suspicions of/negative vibes from kyle since season 1, I would (regrettably) believe brandi should she do so.

• Love 2
(edited)

My take away from this whole episode was Andy continuously telling Brandi he was defending her, and her fighting him on that! As padded as the questions were towards pro-Brandi, I expect Andy will let her slide. Again.

And I need that lighting in my life. If Yolanda was as sick as I perceived her to be, she still looked fabulous.

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 4

I find it hilarious that Kim and Brandi constantly cry about how the things these ladies say will effect their children and yet Kim is ready to out her niece for some seemingly heinous behavior just to hurt Kyle while Brandi eggs her on. The hypocrisy is just blatant.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to Eileen for the look on her face when Rinna said she turned down Diving with the Stars. She is the best.

• Love 14