Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

LOL at that visual.

I didn't take Brandi's 'Watch your back' to mean that she was going to go after Lisa again.  I took it to mean that Brandi knows that someone else (probably Kyle) is capable of coming after Lisa.

Maybe it's because I believe that Kyle is something WAY WAY WAY different than the loving wife, awesome mother, martyred sister that we are shown.  I think when she and Brandi were chums, Kyle let that freak flag fly and Brandi knows full well what Kyle is.

Both have said they never got close so I really don't see where Brandi would be close enough to see Kyle flying her freak flag.  Kyle has always kept Brandi at arm's length and I think that is what is at the core of the Brandi hatred of Kyle-she feels that Kyle think she isn't good enough to be a friend.  So what is Kyle?  All brandi could come up with is she touched me.

• Love 8
(edited)

If Kim is soooo happy with her life in its current state, then Kyle and her husband and daughters should leave her to enjoy it.

One would hope that Kyle slowly but surely is coming to that point. Cut Kim out for a year or two Kyle may find she likes it too. Don't engage her and focus only on your husband and children, acknowledge your nieces and nephews with a call or card, have them over to visit but cut Kim out and keep her away. Don't play her game.

The best thing Kyle did at that reunion last night was keeping her mouth shut and let Kim continue to talk. Kim talked a good  game at first but as Kyle let her keep going we got to see where Kim's heart was and her true colors. Kim let the world know who she is inside, she's not ready to accept her role in anything and Kim said what she said for the cameras.

edited for clarity

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 16

I remember Kyle saying to Yolanda that she wishes she and Kim could just be friendly and close like Yo and her brother are.  That she just wants to enjoy her sister.  Maybe this reunion will show her that there is no chance of that because there is no joy there with Kim, there is nothing to enjoy.  Leave her to her own devices, Kyle!  And don't bail her out when she calls in the middle of the night needing to be bailed out somehow!

I wish Yo would stop taking pounds of vitamins and supplements every day.  While a healthy body just flushes out most of the extra vitamins it can't possibly use, some of those do really bad things if they build up in your body and can make you really sick. 

How can I sign up for the seven-figure Depends commercials?  I've already got a black dress similar to the one LisaR wore so they wouldn't even need to find a costume for me. 

• Love 10

Completely agree.

Yo admitted she knew exactly what Brandi was doing when she threw Bella'a name out there.

Yo does not want to be the subject of Brandi's "truth cannon". So pets her like a dog, and keeps her content.

but yeah there is no real relationship there, nope.

Which is why I call bullshit when Yo starts going on about how people in that social scene hide their hearts. Yo is hiding too and not being honest. I should think she would want like minded people who are considerate of each other in her life, Brandy over two years has shown Yo who she is and Yo still chooses to give her a tap on the nose saying shame on you. When Brandy turns on her, or continues to hurt her, Yo has nobody to blame but her self.

• Love 8

Someone asked what's worse than being edited out of a bad D movie like Sharknado?

A) Being given a cameo role

B) Not having your name in the credits at IMDB

C) Taking the offer to be in the movie

D) No one recognizes you on the street as you make your way to Dollar Tree to buy treats for your dog

Yes, no need to wear a disguise and hide in the bushes.  No one knows who you are.

• Love 9
(edited)

Andy - Can you guys have fun again? 

OMG... Andy let it go!  Friendship contract between LVP and Brandi is DEAD!  Sorry this still isn't season 3 and LVP was pulling Brandi's strings and Brandi was happy to be LVP's partner in crime.  Blame Brandi for letting go of the friendship over petty grudges she has that LVP is still linked too!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

That aside I'm not sure there is any exposition into Kyle that Brandi, who she has at the best of times just been friendly with, would have and those who have been closer to her for much longer i.e. The Lisa's do not have, much less all the viewers who have been watching her for five years.

I agree. That's my point. LisaV is much closer to Kyle than Brandi was. That's why I believe LisaV totally has Kyle's number.  Just like she had Brandi's.  She knew what Brandi was - vile and trashy.  She laughed at her cursing and sexual asides and became her good friend.  Imo, she knows Kyle is cut from similar cloth.  But like she did with Brandi, Lisa doesn't care.  Well, until she does.  I think that's what Brandi was saying.  Watch your back with Kyle because you and I, Lisa, know what she's about.

• Love 4

I cannot imagine how Brandi's friends/hairdresser will think of her after this reunion, they have got to be giving her the side eye now, they just have to be.

Kim's kids have learned that there mother is unstable in her sobriety and mind set long ago, I wonder if any of them after seeing this season want to do an intervention or are they just distancing themselves from her? 

Last Friday was movie day at my office, the original Sharknado was among the choices, I watched it with it's awful production value and lack of continuity and thought I would die laughing...to get in on this kitschy franchise is probably not a bad idea but why would Kim do it without negotiating a mention in the credits?  I still have to side with Lisar on the Depends money though.

At some point the group all started talking/yelling at once, it reminded me of the the Music Man song, "Pick-a-little, Talk-a-little"
I loved that Eileen mentioned her hubby's head in the garage window!  Now THAT was a great cameo!

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh I've said the "c word". If a man can be called a prick, then a woman can be called a cunt. I have also called a man a cunt, he was speechless. It's is truly the perfect insult to both men and women when warranted. And for me to use it toward somebody, well, it takes a lot for me to get to the point of using it .

Heh. I must admit I come from a country (or perhaps a generation) where the use of 'cunt' is a LOT more liberal than it apparently is in the US. It just doesn't carry the same level of offense and outrage in the UK and Australia as it clearly does in America; in fact phrases like 'mad cunt' or 'sick cunt' are actually compliments/terms of endearment, lmao! Must just be a cultural thing! Personally I like the word a lot, but I tend to use it in self-deprecating or sarcastic ways (or in the aforementioned complimentary way); I don't think I've used it in the middle of an argument, I've certainly never used it for shock value, and I'm always careful about the company I use it in (for example I'd never use it in the US, I've learned first hand that Americans can be quite perplexed by its casual usage!)

This said, I must say this: Brandi is a cunt. And a pathological liar, too. It's always the ones who wax poetic about how "honest" and "real" they are who end up talking the most shit.

Edited by bootycall
  • Love 17

Andy should have looked that crazy bitch in the eye and said 'did I go too far? Well I'm sorry...so we're good'.

This is why I wish the other ladies would take their ladylike kid skin gloves off and hit that bitch low and hard  over and over and say each time  "Sorry, just joking, so we're good". Brandy fully expects them not to go there, and that is why she treats them like shit. She's the school bully that keeps doing it until the shit truly gets kicked out of her. 

Hey girls go there with her, no prisoners, nothing off limits,  give her a taste of her own medicine and then freeze her out. Maybe she'll play nice with her next set of friends. I doubt it.

• Love 9

She also said Kyle claimed she never smoked weed - no she didn't, she just didn't announce it for the world (and her kids) to hear.

This. This is what upsets me the most about Brandi, her insertion into a mother's right to parent as they wish. For me, I never smoked pot or did drugs, but I did drink when I was not of age. As a parent, it is my right to not discuss my past, whether I was Mother Theresa or like Brandi in real life, it is my choice to model for my children that doesn't glorify drugs or getting drunk in their presence. Brandi seems to think that being on this show gives her a right to out anyone and once she does it, claim it is no big deal because she chooses to act like Jezabel.

2 of my 3 kids are over 21 and I am just starting to be comfortable discussing my teenage years because they are old enough to understand and will not do something and use the excuse, "well, you did it!" All of the women were shy in the pot shop for that reason. Brandi just doesn't get it. So what if Kyle smoked pot in front of you, if she did...shut it down and keep it to yourself. Funny, how the ONLY times we see Brandi embarrassed by the other women is when she is in her element...in a place where people are embracing pot! Again, this is not a judgment, none of the ladies were participating on camera because they don't want that activity recorded for youngsters to see. As LVP mentioned, she has seen it & done it, but it's easier for her to talk about it openly now because her kids are of age.

I agree with those who have said custody should be taken away, or limited for Brandi with her boys. What a horrible role model she is to those boys. Wait unti they think it's cute to start dating Brandis friends!

• Love 10

At some point the group all started talking/yelling at once, it reminded me of the the Music Man song, "Pick-a-little, Talk-a-little"

Perfect analogy. All were a fluster in the hen house. "Cheep, Cheep, Cheep pick-a-lot, talk-a-little more."

• Love 5

I'm not going to lie, even though I have no wish to be an actress or in any way famous I would love, love, love to be in Sharknado 3!

Actually being in any SyFy movie would be bucket list worthy, the crappier the better.

SyFy I'll do it for free and could care less about being credited, call me!

• Love 3

I'm not going to lie, even though I have no wish to be an actress or in any way famous I would love, love, love to be in Sharknado 3!

Actually being in any SyFy movie would be bucket list worthy, the crappier the better.

SyFy I'll do it for free and could care less about being credited, call me!

Well Eileen got to cross that one off of her bucket list this season. ;D

• Love 3

She also said Kyle claimed she never smoked weed - no she didn't, she just didn't announce it for the world (and her kids) to hear.

That seriously bugged me. Brandi takes such liberties with her proclamations, that they go straight over the line from exaggeration to flat out lying. I love that someone remembered her $9.99 credit report on Lisa V from last year.  She's just so damn stupid in her attacks. No one cares if Kyle smokes weed! The reason people fixate on Brandi's drinking is because she turns into an angry, violent asshole when she's drunk. Pot doesn't have that effect on people. The most shocking thing about Kyle smoking weed to me is it leaves me wondering how she avoids the munchies. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I agree. That's my point. LisaV is much closer to Kyle than Brandi was. That's why I believe LisaV totally has Kyle's number.  Just like she had Brandi's.  She knew what Brandi was - vile and trashy.  She laughed at her cursing and sexual asides and became her good friend.  Imo, she knows Kyle is cut from similar cloth.  But like she did with Brandi, Lisa doesn't care.  Well, until she does.  I think that's what Brandi was saying.  Watch your back with Kyle because you and I, Lisa, know what she's about.

Well I haven't seen anything on screen to support any of this, maybe she said "watch your back" because there was a spider about to crawl on it, so many possible ways to see this...

Edited by Flabbergasted
  • Love 7

Andy can soft ball Brandy all he wants as he lives in his own little world.  .Fortunately after the reunion is over I can just delete the RHoBH season pass from Tivo and watch something else.

I'm tired of Brandy and Kim just as I believe the other housewives are, they are over them. If Andy can't even acknowledge that in the women sitting around him neither will he consider the viewers thoughts. He can have his franchise. He just wont have me as a viewer and eventually as others fall away his ratings will go down.

ITA

I think Andy is agenda driven. He's selective in favor of the wives that share politics, same dirty mind, craziness...He does smack down some housewives and husbands and ignores that exact same rude behavior, and worse, with others. Think about how he loves his Rosie on NJ in spite of her insane outbursts at her first reunion. He selected questions favoring Brandi, no doubt in my mind.

The only time I like Andy is when his parents are on WWHL, his mother gives him the side eye. It's awesome to see her make him squirm, at least, just a wee bit! On occasion Andy makes me laugh and I do like people that are not afraid to push boundaries...but like Brandi, he goes too far at times. That's likely why he enjoys Brandis horrible behavior.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Andy was clever in the way that he asked "pro-Brandi" questions. Those same questions have been asked here. The producers underlined his strategy by showing Lisa at her party, welcoming Brandi and warmly asking her to sing. Saying, "she can't sing and she hates singing" to underline that she was not being nice! Cool beans Lisa. Brandi was neurtralized and, of course, certain she was someone who could do no wrong, attacked the flower arrangement and Lisa had to set her straight once again. But that's another story. Her side is out.

Yes, it was all Brandi and Yo. That was announced. Next time is Eileen and Lisa and Kim and Kyle are the third hour.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2

Heh. I must admit I come from a country (or perhaps a generation) where the use of 'cunt' is a LOT more liberal than it apparently is in the US. It just doesn't carry the same level of offense and outrage in the UK and Australia as it clearly does in America; in fact phrases like 'mad cunt' or 'sick cunt' are actually compliments/terms of endearment, lmao! Must just be a cultural thing! Personally I like the word a lot, but I tend to use it in self-deprecating or sarcastic ways (or in the aforementioned complimentary way); I don't think I've used it in the middle of an argument, I've certainly never used it for shock value, and I'm always careful about the company I use it in (for example I'd never use it in the US, I've learned first hand that Americans can be quite perplexed by its casual usage!)

This said, I must say this: Brandi is a cunt. And a pathological liar, too. It's always the ones who wax poetic about how "honest" and "real" they are who end up talking the most shit.

All the nasty name calling is just a self-defense mechanism for someone that's ill-prepared to defend their position in a rational way. When someone like Brandi begins the name calling, it's because she just doesn't have the maturity or intelligence to make a proper and rational argument. Since she can't, the only recourse is using profanity and vile ghetto words to insult.

(take that bitch, I can't rationally argue my point because I'm lying about it, so I'll curse you the hell out and make you stop in your tracks with a disgusted look on your face.) That effectively puts an end to the attack on her. She knows when she's losing an argument so she throws the vile words out hoping it will put an end to it. That's always Brandi's last ditch effort at deflecting any attacks aimed at her.

• Love 18

Heh. I must admit I come from a country (or perhaps a generation) where the use of 'cunt' is a LOT more liberal than it apparently is in the US. It just doesn't carry the same level of offense and outrage in the UK and Australia as it clearly does in America;

It's one of those words like 'moist'.  Or 'slacks'.  It's a one-syllabled, harsh sounding word that irks some people. That's why I don't like it. That it's slang for a female body part doesn't bother me at all.  It just the way it sounds.  Which brings me to what does offend me. LOL

Kyle sneering and saying to an unstable person, twice:  "You're one.sick.fuck." 

Now, most of us would agree that Brandi deserves to be called out for her *fill in the blank I'm running out of adjectives* behavior.  Of which I'm one. 

But Kyle.  Dude.  You're showing your ass.  Letting me see how easily that rolled off her tongue while sneering confirmed what I've always suspected about Vyle Kyle.  All that was missing was the pointy finger and she and Kim could pass for twins.

• Love 7

I agree with those who have said custody should be taken away, or limited for Brandi with her boys. What a horrible role model she is to those boys. Wait unti they think it's cute to start dating Brandis friends!

Or wait until Brandi thinks that it is cute to start dating their friends.

• Love 10

It's one of those words like 'moist'. Or 'slacks'. It's a one-syllabled, harsh sounding word that irks some people. That's why I don't like it. That it's slang for a female body part doesn't bother me at all. It just the way it sounds. Which brings me to what does offend me. LOL

Kyle sneering and saying to an unstable person, twice: "You're one.sick.fuck."

Now, most of us would agree that Brandi deserves to be called out for her *fill in the blank I'm running out of adjectives* behavior. Of which I'm one.

But Kyle. Dude. You're showing your ass. Letting me see how easily that rolled off her tongue while sneering confirmed what I've always suspected about Vyle Kyle. All that was missing was the pointy finger and she and Kim could pass for twins.

Right there with you, Kyle. Brandi is indeed "one sick fuck."

• Love 22

I was wondering something similar. I have a non-specified connective tissue disorder. (one dr said lupus, one said sjogren's, but I don't hit all the blood test markers for either) I'm also in the middle of menopause and I feel a lot like Yolanda has described, both physically and mentally.

Have you been tested for mthfr gene mutations? As I posted on Yo's thread, dealing with mthfr led to my recovery from chronic Lyme - and these common mutations are also associated with several other chronic diseases and conditions. Most insurance companies pay for this test now.
  • Love 3

All the nasty name calling is just a self-defense mechanism for someone that's ill-prepared to defend their position in a rational way. When someone like Brandi begins the name calling, it's because she just doesn't have the maturity or intelligence to make a proper and rational argument. Since she can't, the only recourse is using profanity and vile ghetto words to insult.

(take that bitch, I can't rationally argue my point because I'm lying about it, so I'll curse you the hell out and make you stop in your tracks with a disgusted look on your face.) That effectively puts an end to the attack on her. She knows when she's losing an argument so she throws the vile words out hoping it will put an end to it. That's always Brandi's last ditch effort at deflecting any attacks aimed at her.

After I have used it I coldly and calmly tell them exactly how I came that that observation about them,  and lay out what their actions were that caused me to think that of them in that way and then go into the meat of  my argument. I use it for shock yes, but it shuts them up enough that they then hear what I have to say next. As for yelling, yes I can, but I come across more effectively if I speak low, slow, and deliberately.  It gives me more time to think in the heat of the moment and they know I'm not messing around. Gravitas.

• Love 1

I used to be a Brandi fan, when she was getting along with Lisa and Ken, I think that was 2 seasons ago.  It is time to fire Brandi and Kim but they would have to bring back Camille or another past HW as one of the "new" cast.  They need to keep some continuity and Lisa and Kyle are not enough to carry that.  

• Love 4

I think Bravo succeeded brilliantly this year in Brandi as the vile villain who everyone is loving to hate.

I dont like Brandi either or her behavior, but I dont like any of the other women either. They are all yucky in their own special ways.     

Wasn't it just last year that Lisav was the villain and before that Brandi was her amusement who she also defended the same as Yolanda does?   That is, until she was gotten rid of the same as Cedric?

I think Brandi in a warped way is probably more truthful in SOME circumstances than the other women, in the same way as when the cast of NYC outed Loo-ann for total phoniness. 

For me, they all are vile and living fake lives in a very fake place.  Its all smoke, mirrors and lots of fillers.

• Love 8
(edited)

I used to be a Brandi fan, when she was getting along with Lisa and Ken, I think that was 2 seasons ago.  It is time to fire Brandi and Kim but they would have to bring back Camille or another past HW as one of the "new" cast.  They need to keep some continuity and Lisa and Kyle are not enough to carry that.  

I wouldn't object to Camille returning, especially if she were really dating that Duke of Doucheville (his title escapes me at the moment) who was in the finale.

Dear lawd, the snark factor would be off the hook.  

I also loved the house porn Camille brought with her.

Maybe she'd even compare herself to Jesus again.

I also found her fashion choices to almost always be impeccable.

Hell, anything brought by Camille would beat the hell out of anything brought by Brandi or Kim.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I worked at a women's imaging center and mammograms and other breast imaging studies constituted a great portion of their services.

We had a woman who had come in with a questionable mass in her breast.  She came in for her biopsy and was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It was recommended she have surgical resection followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy and odds were she would have a full recovery since it had been caught early.

She decided instead to go the holistic route.  She came in every 6 months for her followup imaging, and the mass kept getting larger with each visit.  No amount of explaining to her that she was running out of time and needed to take definitive action changed her mind.  She was determined to handle it through diet and herbal remedies.

At her last visit, one of the technicians came into my office teary-eyed and saying she wished the patient would stop coming in even for followup because it was breaking her heart to see her slowly dying and yet still refusing conventional medical treatment and saying she just needed to increase her supplements and cut other things out of her diet and she would be fine.

My contract there ended shortly thereafter, so I don't know the eventual outcome of that patient's case...I've got a pretty damned good idea, though.

I bring this up because, when I hear about what Yolanda is doing with the "guinea pig" types of treatments all over the world, I always think of this patient and how she essentially was killing herself with her decision to explore other methods of treatment rather than following the advice of the physicians treating her.

I'm all for people trying alternative methods of healing but, when those prove ineffective or the disease progresses whilst undergoing said alternative treatments, it's time to quickly reassess the situation and seriously consider changing treatment paths.  

I hope for Yolanda's sake that she isn't losing precious time by traveling all over the world to try these experimental/unproven treatments.

Your patient and Yolanda remind me of Steve Jobs who chased holistic and alternative medicine to treat cancer before acquiescing  to traditional medicine, but by then it was too late. He said he regretted it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11

I wouldn't object to Camille returning, especially if she were really dating that Duke of Doucheville (his title escapes me at the moment) who was in the finale.

Duke of Douchville is quite appropriate.

• Love 1

Don't you just love how happy Kim is though

I mean Monty's sick... Alexia got bitten by her vicious dog... she's not speaking to Kyle... her poor son has mental health issues.

With all that happiness, how one be jealous of Kim at this point.

• Love 19

I mean Monty's sick... Alexia got bitten by her vicious dog... she's not speaking to Kyle... her poor son has mental health issues.

She's overjoyed at the lawsuit. She's might star on Court TV. Woohoo, another acting gig!

• Love 9

Hell, anything brought by Camille would beat the hell out of anything brought by Brandi or Kim.

Absolutely, bringing back Camille would be lovely!!

Yes, Camille has the best fashion sense...although, we got a glimpse of Camille going back to her dancer days with that horrid get up she wore to Adriennes party. She looked awful and that is exactly what the Prince loved about her that night!

I wonder if Camille is still buddies with her friend, the one who had the cute husband Camille kissed on the lips. Season 1 Camille was fun to dislike...I think but she used her brain...unlike Brandi.

Camille and another friend of Kyles, or a buddy of Eileen or Lisa Rinna. Anyone but Brandi and Faye Resnick...YUCK.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm at a loss for what on the show (or in social media) bears this out. Brandi was throwing out shit because, well, Lisa is done with her. What could Brandi possibly know about Kyle regarding Lisa that needs a snarky "Watch your back" response or any of kind of response that could set any wheels in motion for Lisa?

For one, Lisa has done her dirt, too, where it concerns Kyle so I have to think that both women (Lisa and Kyle) know where the other stands without any sort of flailing, desperate snark from Brandi. Secondly, Brandi tried to claim that she got the house business from Kyle, but last year, as others have pointed out, said that she spent about ten bucks on some internet site looking for bankruptcy claims. So, I don't know. When Brandi is the source of information, I'd call it fan fiction.

Like, the "Watch your back" snark being a so-called warning to Lisa about Kyle only works if Lisa's got clean hands when it comes to the time she and Kyle were on the outs. Believing that? Would truly be something else.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9

I hope for Yolanda's sake that she isn't losing precious time by traveling all over the world to try these experimental/unproven treatments.

Yolanda has a physician who most likely approved and set up stem cell therapy in Korea.  Someone I knew went to Germany for it and his doctor set it up.  It is acknowledged as a viable treatment for many diseases.  It has not been approved here so it has to be sought outside the US.   

We don't know what she was getting in Tijuana.  That too, may have been doctor approved.  She is a smart woman and I believe her doctor knows about what she is doing.  

• Love 3

I'm at a loss for what on the show (or in social media) bears this out. Brandi was throwing out shit because, well, Lisa is done with her. What could Brandi possibly know about Kyle regarding Lisa that needs a snarky "Watch your back" response or any of kind of response that could set any wheels in motion for Lisa?

For one, Lisa has done her dirt, too, where it concerns Kyle so I have to think that both women (Lisa and Kyle) know where the other stands wihout any sort of flailing, desperate snark from Brandi. Secondly, Brandi tried to claim that she got the house business from Kyle, but last year, as others have pointed out, said that she spent about ten bucks on some internet site looking for bankruptcy claims. So, I don't know. When Brandi is the source of information, I'd call it fan fiction

Totally agree that Lisa V and Kyle know who they're dealing with in each other - it's an uneasy pact they have now, and rightly so.
  • Love 5

And doesn't she have at least 1 lawsuit against her for Kingsley biting that family friend?

Yes, she definitely has a veritable cornucopia of blessings on her plate these days.

No wonder no one likes her.  We're all just jealous haters.  Shame on us.

It's always delightful when someone appears to be getting precisely what they deserve.

Enjoy your Utopian lifestyle, Kim.  Sounds like you've earned it.

*gag*

Kim is more picky than Lisa Rinna about choosing jobs/roles to take? Please. Substitute the word "lazy" for "picky". That's more like it.

Also I believe in the first couple of seasons, it was mentioned more than once that Kim never answered her phone, never checked her voicemails, and never returned calls.

Hell, if Disney had been ringing her up to open negotiations for her to headline Escape to Bitch Mountain: The Musical, she wouldn't have been aware of it anyway.

I don't think Kim has realized the 2 offers she's had in her 5 years on this show are (1) basically playing her skeevy self in a 30-second cameo on Revenge and (2) having a nonspeaking "cameo" in a campy made for SyFy movie, neither of which probably paid enough to pay her electric bill for a month.

I think after her displays on this show, the only roles little Kimmie can count on are just like the 2 mentioned above...Parodies of herself.

I'm no fortuneteller but I certainly don't see any legitimate acting roles coming her way.  

She's done a brilliant job of showing everyone in the industry how unstable, unreliable, unpleasant, and entitled she is.

No reputable casting agent wants to work with that shit, especially to take a chance on an unknown commodity who has pretty much been retired for 30 years.

Kim, you're no Robert Downey, Jr., and I don't think anyone will be clamoring to see you back on their TV screens anytime soon.

Hell, many people want you off of their screens now with this franchise.  Myself included.  

• Love 13
(edited)

I actually quite like Faye Resnick!  (ducks).

But losing Brandi would be fine by me.  I think she does the things she does because she knows that drama drives the show so she ramps it up to keep herself in tampons and cheap Chardonnay.  Sadly, there is real-looking drama and fake-looking drama.  And Brandi's idea--which looks fake as all hell to me--is to hit/throw wine on/whatever the other ladies to provoke a shocked reaction. She did it twice this season and the second time had much less effect than the first in my opinion.  If she does it again next year I suspect someone might drop a dime on her.  And then we'll see how well her 'just foolin' around!' excuse works with a cop.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 5

Have you been tested for mthfr gene mutations? As I posted on Yo's thread, dealing with mthfr led to my recovery from chronic Lyme - and these common mutations are also associated with several other chronic diseases and conditions. Most insurance companies pay for this test now.

No. Thank you so much! I'll read what you posted in Yolanda's thread and give my dr a call! Thanks again!

• Love 2

I feel for Yolanda, but I feel like the only thing that’s going to make her better is to STOP pumping her body full of all the stuff she thinks is “holistic.”  God knows what the pills and supplements and concoctions she’s ingesting are doing to her brain, how much they counteracted/interfered with the antibiotic regimen that she claims didn't work, and whoever’s leading her down this path (some quackpot internet support group?) is going to be the death of her. 

I’m not saying there’s nothing wrong with her – just that it must be impossible to help her with traditional medicine when she’s fasting, AND taking 100 pills a day that she gets from God knows what country filled with God knows what heavy metal contaminants, AND getting random intravenous treatments (not to mention stem cell treatments in Singapore). She needs to be deprogrammed, go back home to the NL, rent out one of those windmill houses, eat clean foods and bicycle and hike in the fresh air every day, and visit with friends and family.   Get all the miscellaneous crap out of her body and start fresh.

• Love 23
(edited)

Which brings me to what does offend me. LOL

Kyle sneering and saying to an unstable person, twice: "You're one.sick.fuck."

Now, most of us would agree that Brandi deserves to be called out for her *fill in the blank I'm running out of adjectives* behavior. Of which I'm one.

But Kyle. Dude. You're showing your ass. Letting me see how easily that rolled off her tongue while sneering confirmed what I've always suspected about Vyle Kyle. All that was missing was the pointy finger and she and Kim could pass for twins.

I am the opposite, I would much rather see the women calling Brandi out for being mentally unstable rather than seeing them try to discuss and explain their feelings about a singular offense of Brandi or go tit for tat with Brandi which means them getting in the gutter with her.

To me, Brandi throwing the wine in Eileen's face, and pushing and grabbing Kyle are not worse than when Lisa R grabbed at Kim's throat and broke the glass, but it has or should be more of a concern because Brandi's offenses are recurring,  escalating and some are without context, e.g., not done in the heat of an argument.  There have been other mentally unstable people on RH shows, but Brandi's type of instability has created an unsafe environment and I hope that the RHoBH cast and producers are not too invested in fame and fortune to realize that.  If I were a BH cast member, especially Lisa V and Kyle, I would be concerned about filming with her.  Now IMO Lisa V and Kyle love their job too much to walk away, but if I were them I would change the conversation where I am not discussing individual incidents, rather I would start discussing the environment that has been created because of Brandi's repeated offenses.  This season Brandi is throwing wine, manhandling and slapping, what the hell is in store for next season??!!  Lisa V hit it out of the park when she made the comment about how Brandi's drinking may not be a problem for Brandi but it creates problems for others around her.

I don't agree with your interpretation of what Brandi meant or that Brandi and Kyle are cut from the same cloth, but your other points are well taken and I think that Lisa V and Kyle have each others numbers.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 11

She also bought us the gift of Allison Dubois.  ;-)

• Love 17
(edited)

I worked at a women's imaging center and mammograms and other breast imaging studies constituted a great portion of their services.

We had a woman who had come in with a questionable mass in her breast. She came in for her biopsy and was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was recommended she have surgical resection followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy and odds were she would have a full recovery since it had been caught early.

She decided instead to go the holistic route. She came in every 6 months for her followup imaging, and the mass kept getting larger with each visit. No amount of explaining to her that she was running out of time and needed to take definitive action changed her mind. She was determined to handle it through diet and herbal remedies.

At her last visit, one of the technicians came into my office teary-eyed and saying she wished the patient would stop coming in even for followup because it was breaking her heart to see her slowly dying and yet still refusing conventional medical treatment and saying she just needed to increase her supplements and cut other things out of her diet and she would be fine.

My contract there ended shortly thereafter, so I don't know the eventual outcome of that patient's case...I've got a pretty damned good idea, though.

I bring this up because, when I hear about what Yolanda is doing with the "guinea pig" types of treatments all over the world, I always think of this patient and how she essentially was killing herself with her decision to explore other methods of treatment rather than following the advice of the physicians treating her.

I'm all for people trying alternative methods of healing but, when those prove ineffective or the disease progresses whilst undergoing said alternative treatments, it's time to quickly reassess the situation and seriously consider changing treatment paths.

There's such a thing called common sense and Yo is not exhibiting it. She's so committed to embracing the holistic lifestyle that she has thrown good sense out the window. You'll remember she was fully committed to this way of life before she was ever sick or diagnosed with LD. It must make David bananas. Surely people around her have tried to talk some sense into her. I hate to say it, but she will either kill herself or greatly impair her ability to ever live a healthy life again due to her stubborn conviction, and she will never acknowledge that it was her own doing. It's hard to believe she can't see the writing on the wall -- much like your mammography patient. Edited by msblossom
  • Love 15