Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

It's never Lupus.

It's from House.

On the autoimmune spectrum, first he throws out lupus. I think it was lupus once. Somewhere down the line after lupus, he throws out sarcoidosis. Almost as often as lupus. It's never sarcoidosis, LOL.

Yo exhibits a lot of symptoms that are common in many of autoimmune diseases, so I wouldn't even hazard a guess, but I do think she needs another opinion. Desperately.

• Love 2

Re: the Kyle and LisaV friendship: I get it.  I have a friend who's been in my life since I was 5.  Over the years, we've grown apart.  We've had knock-down, drag-out fights - huge ones where we say nasty things to each other and need months to get over it.  We might as well be siblings, having known each other so long and well.  As we got older, we reached a point where we realized that we love one another, even with all the craziness that's happened over the years.  We see each other and "get" each other. We know that, no matter what happens, the friendship will last.  She's my road dog and I'm hers.  Anyone who tried some of the foolery Brandi tried would get the same response from us that Brandi got from Lisa: "She said some shit.  I said some shit.  And it wasn't enough to end a long-lasting friendship."  Brandi is heated because she thought that LisaV would forgive her the way LisaV forgave Kyle.  Not so much.  Brandi was never as important to LisaV as Kyle is - for whatever reason.  Brandi is expendable and LisaV wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire and Brandi knows it.

As a poster said upthread on one of the past eleventy million pages, Brandi has "other woman syndrome".  She will always see herself as the other woman in every scenario.  She is Meredith Grey (if Meredith were real and trashy): "Pick me.  Choose me.  Love me."

• Love 14
(edited)

Re: the Kyle and LisaV friendship: I get it.  I have a friend who's been in my life since I was 5.  Over the years, we've grown apart.  We've had knock-down, drag-out fights - huge ones where we say nasty things to each other and need months to get over it.  We might as well be siblings, having known each other so long and well.  As we got older, we reached a point where we realized that we love one another, even with all the craziness that's happened over the years.  We see each other and "get" each other. We know that, no matter what happens, the friendship will last.  She's my road dog and I'm hers.  Anyone who tried some of the foolery Brandi tried would get the same response from us that Brandi got from Lisa: "She said some shit.  I said some shit.  And it wasn't enough to end a long-lasting friendship."  Brandi is heated because she thought that LisaV would forgive her the way LisaV forgave Kyle.  Not so much.  Brandi was never as important to LisaV as Kyle is - for whatever reason.  Brandi is expendable and LisaV wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire and Brandi knows it.

As a poster said upthread on one of the past eleventy million pages, Brandi has "other woman syndrome".  She will always see herself as the other woman in every scenario.  She is Meredith Grey (if Meredith were real and trashy): "Pick me.  Choose me.  Love me."

This is truth. 

I have had girlfriends where we've “broken up” and gotten back together again or we've said things to each other in the heat of the moment and then the next day, it was all forgotten, because the relationship, in general always has an underlying current of affection and respect there, even when we argue or disagree.  Being truthful and often (snarkily) blunt to each other is how we connect and show our affection and respect to each other.  I've found that I don’t relate to all of my friends in the same ways and my line in the sand can be different for each person. 

Lisa has different standards, expectations and feelings for Kyle than for Brandi.  Brandi was let in to Lisa’s heart and life, just so far, but she fucked with it and now she’s out.  Kyle hurt Lisa, too, and they were on the outs, but Lisa’s affections for Kyle run deeper and it appears that her “do not cross” line for Kyle is at a different place than it is for Brandi.  That’s not hypocritical or unfair.  That’s life and that’s relationships.   She can keep trying to fuck with their friendship (Lisa and Kyle’s) but she'll keep failing because all she’s doing now is bringing them closer together by giving them a common enemy and reminding them why they like each other more than they ever liked her.  She did that with Kyle and Kim, too -- got in-between their relationship and tried to dismantle it, and (un)fortunately for her, theirs is one way, way too deep (and dysfunctional) to be demolished that easily by an interloper.   

The above also plays into Brandi's "other women" psychodrama whereby she purposefully inserts herself into a relationship (as the other women) between two people, who will at some point reject her, so she can play the victim, or she inserts someone else into her relationship (as the other woman) with another person so she can be rejected, again, being able to play the victim.  

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

I think Lisa has said repeatedly to Brandi she takes things too far.  At the last Reunion Lisa was telling Brandi she did not appreciate (I am thinking Ken did not appreciate) the comments about hurrying up to renew the vows because Ken might die.  Nothing like that is funny when your husband is approaching 70.  Instead of saying something like-oh that was insensitive.  Brandi seeks to defend her comments by saying Lisa laughed.  Brandi is always in defense mode.  This season even Brandi at some point saw the lunacy in "protecting you. . . from your sister" when she was talking to Kim.  Instead she ran with it because she gets it in her head that having someone's back is more important than the issue at hand.

There was absolutely no reason for Brandi to not call Kyle, Lisa and Eileen and apologize and mean it after Poker Night.  Even Jennifer indicated she thought Kyle should be called.  Instead it became all about defending Kim, which actually worked to separate and isolate Kim. 

So in keeping with the spirit of SistaLadybug and SwordQueen,  Brandi has continued to be the jealous mistress in her relationships with Lisa and now Kim.  The difference between the two is Lisa V., recognized Brandi's behavior had become indefensible and to further defend her was career suicide.  Kim, being the most inner directed and unaware human on the planet, could not see that Brandi was using defense of broken down Kim as a storyline and to even made up scores with Kyle.  Now Kim's career as a RH is at risk and Brandi's not so much.  Sure Brandi will give Kim an occasional shout out on her Podcast or mention how they text and how great Kim is doing.  Brandi will never seek to involve Kim in any income producing activities because she knows Kim is a flake.

• Love 7

The above also plays into Brandi's "other women" psychodrama whereby she purposefully inserts herself into a relationship (as the other women) between two people, who will at some point reject her, so she can play the victim, or she inserts someone else into her relationship (as the other woman) with another person so she can be rejected, again, being able to play the victim.  

I'm far too classy to make a tampon joke, so I'll just suggest that maybe Brandi's next book could be called Drinking and Dividing.

• Love 4

I'm far too classy to make a tampon joke, so I'll just suggest that maybe Brandi's next book could be called Drinking and Dividing.

Luckily for you all, I'm not too classy.

So my book title contribution is "Brandi Glanville: Drinking and Clotting" or "Toxic Shock Syndrome: A Brandi Glanville Autobiography"

• Love 13

So my book title contribution is "Brandi Glanville: Drinking and Clotting" or "Toxic Shock Syndrome: A Brandi Glanville Autobiography"

OMG, you won the day! Now come clean my computer screen!

HEY MODS..."Brandi Glanville: Drinking and Clotting"... How about this for a Thread title?

• Love 4

Bet Brandi would love that expression "Toxic Shock" - just the idea that she has that kind of power. I can see her sneer at the thought of it!
  • Love 5

Bet Brandi would love that expression "Toxic Shock" - just the idea that she has that kind of power. I can see her sneer at the thought of it!

She would say she loves it and owns it then in the next moment whine that she was being attacked and the statement would hurt her two little monsters.

• Love 5

Welllll ... she is pretty much a walking bacterial infection as it is.  

Maybe she should just blend together her two favorite things to create a red wine, simply called “Flow”. 

She can market to vampire and other fetish clubs.

Or she can have her own designer perfume.   "Eternal Flow" sounds so ethereal.  

• Love 6

Welllll ... she is pretty much a walking bacterial infection as it is.  

Maybe she should just blend together her two favorite things to create a red wine, simply called “Flow”. 

She can market to vampire and other fetish clubs.

Or she can have her own designer perfume.   "Eternal Flow" sounds so ethereal.  

Ew gross!

(edited)

In terms of the pro-Brandi bias, they showed "the slap" clip, then Andy asked Lisa: 1) whether she made it a bigger deal than it was, 2) a viewer question about how she'd joked that she "blamed the parents" about Brandi's behavior, and 3) whether she holds Brandi to a double-standard when it comes to forgiveness. Three "gotcha" questions in a row against Lisa and for Brandi in less than two minutes.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 3