Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if Jill has ever tried Avon or Mary Kay....  Since she has her cosmotology training, I would think those companies would be a better fit for her.  

Good question, but I think Avon and Mary Kay took one look at how Jill R wore makeup, and prioritized makeup over feeding her kids, and banned her for life. "Don't even buy our stuff, woman." 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This.  I could buy the argument that the little girls choose their own outfits and they sometimes put on dresses that belong to their bigger sisters just because.  HOWEVER, Jill posts a crap-ton of pictures of her kids and we virtually NEVER see the little girls in outfits that fit them or are suitable for the activity they are  pursuing.  They are never wearing stuff that fits them properly, not ever.  I am all for letting kids choose their own outfits and make creative choices, but, from what I've seen, those girls have NO choices other than ugly clothes multiple sizes too large. 

agree - I can buy the idea that small girls dress themselves in random outfits because my 9 yr old grand and all her friends, most every day look like they grabbed clothes from the dresser in the dark. though they have not. they are intentional about mismatched outfits, tutus with leggings mismatched socks, etc

the difference is all their clothes are the proper size and current style. just mismatched. what jrod shows those girls in seem to be clothes or fabric picked up from a desperation estate sale that had clothes from the 1970s and hacked them up to make them sort of fit whichever poor waif

• Love 13
17 hours ago, awaken said:

Agreed.  If people judged what kind of parent I am by what outfits my kids put together, that would be sad.  My kids would put their shoes on the wrong feet when they were first learning, mix and match patterns, fancy dresses for the playground, boots in the summer, all kinds of crazy mashups. I was just happy they were learning to dress themselves, express themselves.  I never made them feel bad if something didn't match or was on backwards, etc.

Said you could what?  Buy Plexus?  

Come after sinning ?

Ahhhhrrrr I’m SEVERELY disgusted by Jill. Just no way can someone be that insensitive and attention seeking. Yet there is Jill in all her SEVERE GORY glory. 

Guess Nuri isn’t pregnant yet. Just gross Jill probably charts their ovulation cycles and everything. 

• Love 15

I'm clearly remembering Jill telling this story at some group church thing(there is a video in this thread many pages back somewhere)saying Amy's husband fell asleep at the wheel and that is how the accident happened. They were making some long trip or something and driving through the night. So yeah, he better be by her side and taking care of her for life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

That Dingus girl better watch out because if she has a baby, Jill might just snatch it away from her. "The baby was a gift from our wonderful neighbor the Dingii, like that cow they gave us. So thoughtful."

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

There is something seriously wrong with Jill. I wonder if her family plays along with it to keep things quiet, like will Jill completely lose her shit on people if they don't go along with her fantasies? Those poor kids.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So now the Jill Validation begins. First up QUADRAPLEGIC sister Amy...

I guess her brother in law deserves an award for not cheating on his SEVERELY broken necked wife  now that she's useless  (according to Jill at least ).

• Love 1

I call bullshit. Jill wrote that card just like Jill writes all the posts that her “kids” write. Biggest sign? Anytime Jill explains how/why something occurred...Jill is guilty. That handwriting is too neat for Amy and has Jill all over it. She’s a sick bastard. A severely sick bastard. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

And that means they will probably have at least one more until they get a boy...

And if they get a boy that time, they'll have to have another one so the boy can have a brother. And so on and so forth. 

So is that card from Amy in response to JillR crying to her about "losing" Nurie? And did she really tell her paralyzed Fundy sister who likely can not have more kids (or pleasurable sex) that she are Nurie are doing it like rabbits hoping to conceive? 

JillR needs to open up her Bible. I'm sure there's a passage or two in there to tell her to shit down and shut up.

• Love 19

I put this in the John and Alyssa thread too, but they're idiots for having a sex reveal with some sort of smoke devices. Lots of people I know are furious at sex reveals in general after a sex reveal helped start a huge fire in California. They not only had a sex reveal when those things are starting to drive people crazy, but one with smoke! They seemed to have help possibly from Up tv filming this, but no one thought anything of this. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And if they get a boy that time, they'll have to have another one so the boy can have a brother. And so on and so forth. 

Yes and I bet Erin will be pregnant again.She can't let Alyssa outdo her with 4 girls!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So is that card from Amy in response to JillR crying to her about "losing" Nurie? And did she really tell her paralyzed Fundy sister who likely can not have more kids (or pleasurable sex) that she are Nurie are doing it like rabbits hoping to conceive? 

JillR needs to open up her Bible. I'm sure there's a passage or two in there to tell her to shit down and shut up.

Best typo ever!

But yeah, Jill does need to get herself down in some shit and just shut the fuck up.

(By the way, I almost typed "shit" for "shut.")

• LOL 12
11 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes! I have ISB- D you definitely are limited with the foods you eat. Want to lose weight?  Eat more vegetables all well and good unless eating said vegetables sends you to the bathroom 2 minutes after you eat them. You do tend to try anything that MAY calm things down you can eat normal again.  I miss beets.

I have ISB-D as well and have had a horrible summer.  Feel like I am crossing foods off the list of what I can eat every single day.  Some people write it off as a minor issue but it is absolutely no fun and can be completely exhausting.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The disappointment was thick in that video. It was uncomfortable to watch. 

I feel sorry for the "extra" daughters, especially if they eventually get a younger brother. I'm a second daughter with a much younger golden child half-brother. It blows. 

I hope Alyssa's uterus falls out after this kid is born. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It does blow and these people don't have the awareness to even notice.

My golden child and I haven't had a relationship and I asked him if we could have a closer relationship (since we are the only full sibs), he paused for a sec and then said "nah". I actually laughed, and his wife and I both called him an asshole.

The Bateseses are such dysfunctional people , I think they don't know how families are supposed to work.

Edited by Chicklet

Lurch doesn't produce enough Y chromosome sperm, clearly. 

Also Erin doesn't need another sister-mom. If Carson doesn't end up being the Smuggar of the Paine clan (just being an overall jerk) I will be surprised. She treats him much differently than his sisters. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Lurch doesn't produce enough Y chromosome sperm, clearly. 

Also Erin doesn't need another sister-mom. If Carson doesn't end up being the Smuggar of the Paine clan (just being an overall jerk) I will be surprised. She treats him much differently than his sisters. 

Oh yeah. Carson is definitely the Chosen One in that family.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

I have ISB-D as well and have had a horrible summer.  Feel like I am crossing foods off the list of what I can eat every single day.  Some people write it off as a minor issue but it is absolutely no fun and can be completely exhausting.

I have had ISB-D for over twenty-five years and about five years ago I finally found a gastroenterologist with a solution that has helped me immensely.  If anyone is interested, they can message me.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh yeah. Carson is definitely the Chosen One in that family.

Trouble is, that child is going to have so many issues later on. I'm pretty sure he's already far too invested in his Mother's emotional wellbeing as per her previous captions. He's not her husband, he's not responsible fo rmaking her feel great, yet she's always harping on about what a great little man he is. It's sickening.

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures:

Opening a container by mouth. 🤢

Sofia didn't line up anything, Jill. And why not buy a giant block of Velveeta and melt it down instead of dozen "cheese cups?" I think Jill just likes to be as wasteful and lazy as possible. 

That entire "meal" looks vile. But at least it appears the small children got served a few morsels of it.