Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill's claims of Plexus curing things can be reported to the FTC. They are cracking down on mlm reps trying to claim their crap cures things. Monat just got slapped with a suit by the attorney general in Florida due to their reps making outrageous claims. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Jill's claims of Plexus curing things can be reported to the FTC. They are cracking down on mlm reps trying to claim their crap cures things. Monat just got slapped with a suit by the attorney general in Florida due to their reps making outrageous claims. 

She's very careful not to mention Plexus in this one, even if the implication is there. 🙄🤬

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, AussiesRule said:

Why can't these people just have a nice bonfire with smores without making it about Jesus? Can't they just sing Quartermasters Store or something?

I think that's pretty typical of evangelicals, at least the ones I knew when I went to church. All singing is meant to glorify god, plus good christians aren't supposed to know the words to secular music.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 9/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

Why did they dress that little girl in a red shroud? 

And pink sandals with white tube socks.  Jill couldn’t care less about those kids.  She’s so stupid that she doesn’t realize that how they look is a direct reflection on what kind of a parent she is. You’re the absolute WORST parent, you crazy bitch!  Feed your kids and buy them some decent clothes to wear!!

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And pink sandals with white tube socks.  Jill couldn’t care less about those kids.  She’s so stupid that she doesn’t realize that how they look is a direct reflection on what kind of a parent she is. You’re the absolute WORST parent, you crazy bitch!  Feed your kids and buy them some decent clothes to wear!!

In her mind, I suspect she thinks that the way she dresses them comes off something like: "Even though we have no money to buy the latest styles (which we wouldn't want anyway because they are SEVERELY sluttish!), I love my Precious Babies so much that I scour the thrift stores on my hands and knees to find Modest enough clothes for us to wear. It's so difficult.  But I know that our Modesty pleases God, and HE will provide a decent wardrobe if we just have Faith and Patience"

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 9/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Tessie looks like a cross between Jill Goodacre and Christy Turlington in the 80s. I hope she escapes her mother’s penchant for bad 80s makeup and hair. 

Way late to this comment but she is a stunningly pretty girl and I will be so very sad when Jill decides that it's Tessie's "Very Special First Momma-Daughter Trip" to the makeup and plastic rollers section of Dollar General.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I don't see the pink sandals with white tube socks. I don't understand the problem with pink sandals and white tube socks. Most of Jill's kids (with the exception of the youngest) are old enough to dress themselves. The little girl probably likes the look of white socks and pink sandals. Hopefully her kids get some say in what they wear. That one of her daughters is wearing pink sandals with white tube socks doesn't say anything  about what kind of a mother she is. 

• Love 3

In the Bonfire of the Vanities video, David looks like he's crying. Real men like David don't cry, even if they're married to someone like Jill, so he must be standing too close to that huge fire on a hot summer evening. Maybe the Dinguses needed the fire to roast a quarter of a cow for dinner. 

I wonder if the kids practice their camera smiles in a mirror. They just pose so automatically, especially the girls. 

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't see the pink sandals with white tube socks. I don't understand the problem with pink sandals and white tube socks. Most of Jill's kids (with the exception of the youngest) are old enough to dress themselves. The little girl probably likes the look of white socks and pink sandals. Hopefully her kids get some say in what they wear. That one of her daughters is wearing pink sandals with white tube socks doesn't say anything  about what kind of a mother she is. 

Agreed.  If people judged what kind of parent I am by what outfits my kids put together, that would be sad.  My kids would put their shoes on the wrong feet when they were first learning, mix and match patterns, fancy dresses for the playground, boots in the summer, all kinds of crazy mashups. I was just happy they were learning to dress themselves, express themselves.  I never made them feel bad if something didn't match or was on backwards, etc.

51 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am sickened.

730C2BDF-F22D-4288-BC6A-65321F029756.jpeg

Said you could what?  Buy Plexus?  

• Love 9

I gave my youngsters clothing choices regularly, and I sometimes let them "express themselves" sartorially outside the house--say, for a trip to Walmart or the park--but for singing up front in church? I made jolly well sure they were wearing something that matched and fit. 

Jill's clothes usually look dated and kind of dumb to me, but  they never look mismatched or ratty. She also seem to have an unlimited budget for a buttload of costume jewelry, which is cheap but not free. There's a stark contrast between the quality of her outfits and her little girls'.

• Love 24

I nearly dropped my mobile last night in fright when Jill started to over-screech as she always does when she sings. Yikes, is she deaf???

This story about her hurting gut, well.......for one, I simply cannot believe she's a native English speaker due to her atrocious grammar, plus, what's with her gut? There is no such thing as a leaky gut and maybe, just maybe if you were to eat a PROPER diet you wouldn't have problems in the first place??

She cannot in all truth believe that she looks good, that her photos are enticing and her captions convince anyone. She simply cannot.

And FEED YOUR STARVING children you arsehole! One of the younger ones looks like she'll drop dead any second now.

• Love 15

Does anyone know how much plexus costs? I'm trying to decide whether to be indignant that Jill expects me to ask my (imaginary) husband if I'm allowed to buy something that costs as much as a stop at the coffee shop, or whether I'm indignant that she wants people (living with multiple hungry children) to put a car payment into such snake oil.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Does anyone know how much plexus costs? I'm trying to decide whether to be indignant that Jill expects me to ask my (imaginary) husband if I'm allowed to buy something that costs as much as a stop at the coffee shop, or whether I'm indignant that she wants people (living with multiple hungry children) to put a car payment into such snake oil.

image.thumb.png.f72276fc919a9a0b86fed89256dfd831.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I nearly dropped my mobile last night in fright when Jill started to over-screech as she always does when she sings. Yikes, is she deaf???

This story about her hurting gut, well.......for one, I simply cannot believe she's a native English speaker due to her atrocious grammar, plus, what's with her gut? There is no such thing as a leaky gut and maybe, just maybe if you were to eat a PROPER diet you wouldn't have problems in the first place??

She cannot in all truth believe that she looks good, that her photos are enticing and her captions convince anyone. She simply cannot.

And FEED YOUR STARVING children you arsehole! One of the younger ones looks like she'll drop dead any second now.

well now...I have gut issues...right now getting over a Colitis flare brought on by who knows what...and I have tried and done everything and let me tell you after giving up so much - I am pretty much vegan/whole foods/no skin on anything/no spice...I am tempted to order --I just spent 600 on ancestral supplements...and no dice/nada..and proper diet is subjective...that is one of the things that got me into trouble --my doctor telling me to eat a proper diet...hello...allergic to everything...so now even with what I do I also eat for blood type b....can ya just tell that my options are limited !!!  I would be willing to try plexus ...people with real gut issues are willing to try anything....

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I don't understand . What is this supposed to mean? 

It's supposed to mean that if you're a good little fundiebot wife, all you have to do is ask your husband if it is OK for you to buy Plexus.  Because, as we all know, women are completely incapable of figuring out whether they can afford to make a purchase, that's why God said husbands get to control all the money.  This message makes my gut hurt, but Plexus is the last thing I need to fix it.

• Love 19

Thanks, Gee Golly! So I can both be indignant that Jill is spending 30-50 bucks a pop on this quackery when her kids could be featured in a UNICEF commercial and ticked that in fundybot world your need male permission to spend 30 bucks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Supposed you talk to your husband and he says no because it's a waste of money? I think that's a more likely ending to her little script. 

And how does the good wife have enough of her own money to count? She saved it from the food budget by not feeding her kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

well now...I have gut issues...right now getting over a Colitis flare brought on by who knows what...and I have tried and done everything and let me tell you after giving up so much - I am pretty much vegan/whole foods/no skin on anything/no spice...I am tempted to order --I just spent 600 on ancestral supplements...and no dice/nada..and proper diet is subjective...that is one of the things that got me into trouble --my doctor telling me to eat a proper diet...hello...allergic to everything...so now even with what I do I also eat for blood type b....can ya just tell that my options are limited !!!  I would be willing to try plexus ...people with real gut issues are willing to try anything....

Yes! I have ISB- D you definitely are limited with the foods you eat. Want to lose weight?  Eat more vegetables all well and good unless eating said vegetables sends you to the bathroom 2 minutes after you eat them. You do tend to try anything that MAY calm things down you can eat normal again.  I miss beets.

Let me clarify. Of course there are illnesses pertaining to the gut. Naturally. However, the "leaky gut" that Jill keeps mentioning is an invention of whoo snake oil sellers.

So if she ate properly, she wouldn't need to worry about her "leaky gut" at all.

And whatever you do, don't try this Plexus shit, apparently it's highly toxic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Supposed you talk to your husband and he says no because it's a waste of money? I think that's a more likely ending to her little script. 

And how does the good wife have enough of her own money to count? She saved it from the food budget by not feeding her kids. 

In these fundie families, the wife has no money of her own.  Every dime belongs to her husband and she must account to him for anything she spends.  Even if she has a job of her own, he is in control of her paycheck.  

If your headship tells you that Plexus is a waste of money and you can't buy it; well, he is your headship and everything he says and does is ok with God and so there is no questioning his decision,.  If you read some of the fundie blogs on the site, there are multiple entries where a good Christian wife wanted to purchase something, usually something less ridiculous than Plexus, maybe even something that would benefit her or the family.  The wife asks her husband, as the Bible says she must and he says 'no'.  She is allowed to present her case, give her opinion, but his word is law and once he decides, there is no further argument. 

Terry Maxwell, amongst others, has quite a few posts about submission to her husband's will in all things, because he knows best and Jesus doesn't like argumentative wives.  She gives some ridiculous examples, too.  Terry is the wife who was 'addicted' to Pepsi which her husband decided was causing her to be depressed.  So, her headship, the almighty Stevehovah, issued an edict that Terry could no longer drink Pepsi, ever.  And so, she doesn't.  I have a couple of other ideas as to what was causing Terry's depression, but I'm not a godly wife, so there's that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I think JillR has this notion that the bigger the clothes the bigger the child looks, when really its the opposite. Look at the girl and two boys who are not Rods - everything from their wrists, bellies, faces, etc, is such a contrast to JillR's kids.

• Love 6