Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, awaken said:

I haven’t ever had the stomach to listen to her talk before!  My, what a terribly fake, affected voice she uses. It seems so effortful. No wonder the kids have an odd speech pattern. 

I just listened to that video with the sound. Jill sounds like some creepy person in a horror movie who's trying to lure a small child into a car for a very bad purpose. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Why would she put her tooth under her pillow? I don't think Jesus approves of the tooth fairy. 🙃

I grew up putting my tooth in a glass of water on the kitchen window sill & that's what I did with my kids. It's a lot easier pouring out water to get the tooth & putting quarters and a new toothbrush in the glass than digging under a sleeping child's head.

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I just listened to that video with the sound. Jill sounds like some creepy person in a horror movie who's trying to lure a small child into a car for a very bad purpose. 

I can totally see her trying to lure them with Plexus and not understanding why it's not working. "It'll help your arthritis, kids! Hey, why are you running away?!" 🤣

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I just started following Jill on IG, so this was the very first time that I have heard her speak.  My gut told me that it was best to avoid listening to her actual voice.  I did not listen to my gut and I played that video five times.  Because as @BradandJanet said, I honestly thought I was listening to something from an old low budget horror movie dubbed over the video.  Also, it was dark and I was in bed when I listened and for a brief moment, I was like - is that voice coming from my phone or from the slightly ajar closet door???!?  Jill sounds both simple and dimwitted as well as terrifying and sinister. I didn't know.  I didn't know!!!  😲🥺🤡

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I caved and listened to that video.

OMG that shit is terrifying.

Imagine hearing that voice whisper to you from a dark corner as you walk through the kitchen to get a glass of water in the middle of the night..."Mommy would like you to buy her some flowerssssss...Mommy likes red rosessssss....two dozen will dooooooooo....Mommy lovessssss youuuuuu."

This is like when I read Stephen King's"Pet Sematary" in college and was traumatized by the first few chapters but I still read the whole book.  Except JillR is way scarier than even Uncle Stevie could come up with.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Imagine hearing that voice whisper to you as you walk through the kitchen to get a glass of water..."Mommy would like you to buy her some flowerssssss...Mommy likes red rosessssss....two dozen will dooooooooo....Mommy lovessssss youuuuuu."

This is like when I read Stephen King's"Pet Sematary" in college and was traumatized by the first few chapters but I still read the whole book.  Except JillR is way scarier than even Uncle Stevie could come up with.

Bahahahahaha

I took a creative writing class in college in which people were supposed to read their work aloud. There was . . . an interesting person who was supposed to be reading a heartwarming story aloud. But she was a real weirdo, and some 10 years later, I am still traumatized by how horror movie-sounding her line reading of "What's the matter, little girl?" was. In the context of the story, it was supposed to be a loving mother comforting her child, but in her voice, it sounded like something a serial killer says right before he begins torturing you. It is ingrained in my soul and etched in my brain, and my friends and I for years used to say that to each other to relive the horror. Jill's voice was somehow even scarier. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

If it that baby voice isn't downright creepy enough on its own, Sadie is too old to be talked to that way. She didn't react, so this probably happens a lot. 

God forbid these kids grow up and become adults. No wonder Jill acts like Nurie is dead. She left home and appears to be OK!

Jill's lucky she lives in secular America in present times. I could see some villagers deciding Jill's voice made this year's crops fail. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

God forbid these kids grow up and become adults. No wonder Jill acts like Nurie is dead. She left home and appears to be OK!

we all remember the drama when Timothy went to Moody Aviation right?

an excerpt from the long winded post about timothy included

"When we say that last goodbye, it is going to literally rip a piece of my heart out. That piece of my heart will literally stay with Timothy forever- until we are all back together in eternal bliss in Heaven someday. Until then, it brings my heart GREAT JOY to see Timothy “in the saddle” for Jesus…because this is what we raised him for- to run his race well of serving our worthy Saviour Jesus Christ!"

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Imagine hearing that voice whisper to you from a dark corner as you walk through the kitchen to get a glass of water in the middle of the night..."Mommy would like you to buy her some flowerssssss...Mommy likes red rosessssss....two dozen will dooooooooo....Mommy lovessssss youuuuuu."

You forgot: buy mommaaaaaa a stuffed bear! I lovvvvveee stuffed bears!

• Love 3

i have never meant a truly rude person trying to convert me to their chosen beliefs. the ones I have encountered are polite and stop after you say I am good with my beliefs or some such thing. I have never had children approach me on their own in that way.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I just started following Jill on IG, so this was the very first time that I have heard her speak.  My gut told me that it was best to avoid listening to her actual voice.  I did not listen to my gut and I played that video five times.  Because as @BradandJanet said, I honestly thought I was listening to something from an old low budget horror movie dubbed over the video.  Also, it was dark and I was in bed when I listened and for a brief moment, I was like - is that voice coming from my phone or from the slightly ajar closet door???!?  Jill sounds both simple and dimwitted as well as terrifying and sinister. I didn't know.  I didn't know!!!  😲🥺🤡

I don't follow Jill, nor do I have an Instagram account.  But I've found a simple way to view her posts and videos.  I copy and paste each posting to a new window and it works perfectly!

I want to comment on Jill's shelf of teddie bears in her David hunk -  built closet.  She puts the silly bears up high, where none of her many, many small children can play with them.  In a house with absolutely no toys.

Her kids buy her those bears, and of course hunky David does too, to placate Jill during her turbulent moods, but they can't ever play with them.  It makes me so mad and so sad.

2 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't follow Jill, nor do I have an Instagram account.  But I've found a simple way to view her posts and videos.  I copy and paste each posting to a new window and it works perfectly!

I want to comment on Jill's shelf of teddie bears in her David hunk -  built closet.  She puts the silly bears up high, where none of her many, many small children can play with them.  In a house with absolutely no toys.

Her kids buy her those bears, and of course hunky David does too, to placate Jill during her turbulent moods, but they can't ever play with them.  It makes me so mad and so sad.

Most of her kids are older and would be able to get the bears down. As a child, I could get things up high by climbing on things. I had friends with china dolls they couldn't really play with and were displayed like that. Hopefully there are other toys. 

• Love 2

She is a very pretty girl.  While I'm sure she hasn't been lead to believe there are options other than stay at home wife and mother, I hope she finds someone who will treat her well.  Because this is obviously a Tinder ad posted by Mommy.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

LOL ... like this poor girl had a choice in "organizing the little girls' closet." 

It's sad that there are like 10 girls (or whatever she has) who have far fewer clothes among them than Jill has for herself.

I'm sure Kaylee Arlissa has a wonderful servant's heart and all that BS, but I suspect she tackled the closet because she's bored out of her mind.  What else is there for these kids to do all day besides busy work and trying to gain favor with big mama?  

Maybe they are used to a tedious, do-nothing-but-church lifestyle, but it looks hellish to me.  

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Kaylee doesn't have that emaciated look.  Maybe being settled in Ohio and having a church full of folks giving them sides of beef, etc. has been healthier for the kids than going begging from one church to another.

Maybe in all her effort to show us she feeds her kids she’s actually started feeding some of them.

• Love 6

I recognize that room. It's the original closet in the barndo with the odd triangle shape that I think cuts into the checkerboard floor space, defining the shape of Jill's maze-like spa bathroom with the baby nursing/radio broadcasting chair directly across from the toilet. (It feels odd just to type that.) 

The closet came with the two shelving units shown. The carpet was dirty, and probably still is. The older daughters use the crooked closet David put in the corner of their bedroom, the closet with the ironic Paris sign over it. 

The interior of this house is put together like a jigsaw puzzle. The space is small, but if there were a fire, I don't know how they would get out or rescuers would get in. Considering all the paper and straw decor and Jill's hoarding, it's scary. 

If Jill wants to advertise Kaylee, she should show pictures of Kaylee, not that closet.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Kaylee doesn't have that emaciated look.  Maybe being settled in Ohio and having a church full of folks giving them sides of beef, etc. has been healthier for the kids than going begging from one church to another.

Kaylee has a very square jawline. That gives the illusion of a fuller face. She's just as skinny as Nurie and Renee.

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's sad that there are like 10 girls (or whatever she has) who have far fewer clothes among them than Jill has for herself.

I was coming here to say the exact same thing.  David has more clothes than all of his children combined.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I've known other Nuries. It's an Arabic name meaning light. 

Kaylee is 19 and this is a personal ad. 

Xenophobic Jill would never knowingly choose an Arabic name. I do wonder where she heard it?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Clarity
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Insane! And why does she ask questions in her posts, then turn on the comments? And who uses the word “luncheon?”

D4FC1D48-E3B9-446C-A21C-9CBB9391C701.jpeg

Is it Halloween? Maybe her and crazy eye Michelle should have a competition, whose got the best crazy eyes? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I've known other Nuries. It's an Arabic name meaning light. 

I had a foster kitten named Nura (Purra). She was one of my light beam kittens, along with Mahina, Ziva the Diva, and Kiran. I feel gross that I kinda sorta have something in common with Jill R. That was a year or two before I heard of the Rodriguii. 

Kaylee doesn't have the very thin arms that Nurie has, but I still think she's too thin. 

2 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Is it Halloween? Maybe her and crazy eye Michelle should have a competition, whose got the best crazy eyes? 

Jill, hands down. She certainly wears enough eye makeup for her and Mullet both. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I noticed a monitor, maybe Kaylee organized the closet because she does her school work in there.

Also, what is it with JillR and chairs? Why is there a living room chair shoved in a closet? Does JillR need quick access to private chairs to breastfeed? I think there's a chair in every space of their house, including the bathrooms.

Next time I'm bored, I'm going to count how many chairs JillR has. Just for the record, we have 17 seats in the Golly house, including desk chairs, dining chairs/stools, living room/accent chairs and a couch, not one of which is in a closet or bathroom.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/27/2020 at 4:42 PM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first 2 are videos.

Jill reminds me of this woman that sings at our church.  She and her husband will get up and sing a contemporary number during gift collection, etc.  Her husband plays guitar and sings harmony but, like Jill, this woman is front and center with the LOUDEST singing possible just enough on key to not be bad but just enough over the top to make us all cringe.  Also like Jill, this woman sings with the confidence that she could win the Voice.  Mr. Kstar said she's really only good enough for karaoke night at the bar.  

• LOL 4

Is there a square inch of that house that isn't covered in crap?  On top of the piano alone I spy a crate full of binders, a lamp, two ceramic cats, a small plaque, a wooden sign, a metronome and possibly a plant.  To the immediate left we have two chairs and a lamp right up against some fake dried grass accompanied by an electrical outlet and several cords (no fire hazard there).  That place must smell like a damp garage sale and the dust has to be extreme, unless the children are each assigned one room to scrub each day before they are allotted their share of gruel.  I feel like I need to sneeze just looking at photos of that house.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

I felt like I was reading some creepy Craigslist ad for a mate..

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

That closet still looked like a mess to me.

Organizing is my speciality(would love to do it for a living)and looking at that closet made my skin itch.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I recognize that room. It's the original closet in the barndo with the odd triangle shape that I think cuts into the checkerboard floor space, defining the shape of Jill's maze-like spa bathroom with the baby nursing/radio broadcasting chair directly across from the toilet. (It feels odd just to type that.) 

The closet came with the two shelving units shown. The carpet was dirty, and probably still is. The older daughters use the crooked closet David put in the corner of their bedroom, the closet with the ironic Paris sign over it. 

The interior of this house is put together like a jigsaw puzzle. The space is small, but if there were a fire, I don't know how they would get out or rescuers would get in. Considering all the paper and straw decor and Jill's hoarding, it's scary. 

If Jill wants to advertise Kaylee, she should show pictures of Kaylee, not that closet.  

I thought the same thing, but all of the living spaces including bedrooms have windows, and the windows are actually accessible.  Now if you were in the bathroom when David's faulty wiring coupled with Jill's incessant need to cover all surfaces with junk causes a fire to break out, then your SOL.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I felt like I was reading some creepy Craigslist ad for a mate..

Organizing is my speciality(would love to do it for a living)and looking at that closet made my skin itch.

Read it as Craigslist ad for a mare! 

Which is basically what Kay is. What a sad existence she has. 

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I thought the same thing, but all of the living spaces including bedrooms have windows, and the windows are actually accessible.  Now if you were in the bathroom when David's faulty wiring coupled with Jill's incessant need to cover all surfaces with junk causes a fire to break out, then your SOL.  

One of David's bathrooms would be a good place to get electrocuted too.

I'm researching the layout of this place for no good reason at all except I'm stuck at home. It's truly baffling. 

The two original bedrooms went to the boys and girls, based on clear photos from Jill's remodeling archives. She kept the same paint and carpet for both rooms. The smaller, light blue room is the boys' and is at the far end of the dining (I use the term loosely) room. The Love Nest seems to be off the side of the lower dining area going toward the interior and may not have a window. In the singing for victory video of Jill in the bedroom, she pans across the room quickly. The door is open and there is light from the dining/kitchen showing. It's a tiny room, but Jill got her own bath, built in the checkerboard space, and that walk-in closet, which appears to have a framed print on the wall and a pipe with a shutoff valve. 

The kitchen/dining logically runs across the front of the low roof house, but things don't line up quite right. I guess it could run across the back of the house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2