Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

At least it's evident the little girls were bathed, dressed nicely in outfits that mostly fit, and had their hair combed. I don't think Jill likes us criticizing her parenting skills so she made Renee & Kaylee groom them.

I'll admit to opening a pull-off food lid with my teeth occasionally, but only in private and I'm the only one eating it. Sometimes it's just too much hassle to walk 2 feet for a knife. I would never let one of my children do that for a family meal, let alone a meal with guests. 

I wonder if Jill is getting food from a food bank? I do and it's not unusual to get a large package of individual servings. This month I got a case of 'cake in a mug' mix and another one of single serving corn. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 10
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I have had ISB-D for over twenty-five years and about five years ago I finally found a gastroenterologist with a solution that has helped me immensely.  If anyone is interested, they can message me.

Riverblue I cannot figure out how to send a message would you please let me know by messenger your Dr.s solution. 

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if Jill is getting food from a food bank? I do and it's not unusual to get a large package of individual servings. This month I got a case of 'cake in a mug' mix and another one of single serving corn. 

I think you've got something there.  I would not be surprised at all if Jill took advantage of local food banks to help feed Shrek.  The kids are an afterthought, of course.  Jill undoubtedly feels entitled to free food because she and her husband are so godly and choose not to work at actual paying jobs to feed their family.  Also, serving direct from the pan at a special dinner for the pastor?  Stay classy, Jill!  I'm ok with that for regular family meals, but, with guests, maybe she could manage to locate a serving dish in those fancy new cupboards Shrek built.

As for posting photos of her sister immediately after a near fatal accident AGAIN and claiming that her now QUADRIPLEGIC (not paraplegic, that's just the lower half of the body) sister feels sorry for her because she 'lost' her daughter to a marriage which Jill arranged for her?  Come on!  How narcissistic is that?  I'm beginning to think Jill is trolling us, no one can be that clueless.  What kind of parent grieves because their child grew up and got married?  Sure, it's bittersweet not to see her every day; but this is the culmination of the journey of a mother.  Get over yourself, honey.

When I first looked at the pics, I thought Amy has made an amazing recovery that she is able to write so legibly using just the muscles of her upper arm and shoulder and, for her sake, I hope it is true that she does have that much strength and movement.  However, looking at it again, I think it is far more likely that Jill wrote the card using her non-dominant hand or something.  The writing is just a little too perfectly 'off'.

As for Jill announcing to the world that her plan is to be pregnant at the same time as Nurie, was there ever any doubt?  I am also sure Jill has not used birth control ever and has been trying since Janessa was a couple months old.  She's now about 2 and a half.  Jill has only one other long gap in her childbearing saga, about 3 and a half years between Hannah and Sadie, which I believe is the time when she suffered some of her 'severe' miscarriages.  If nothing else, the baby train has slowed way down,  We certainly would've heard all about it if she's had a SEVERE miscarriage since Janessa.  The longer she goes without an announcement, the less likely it becomes she will ever make one.  Can you imagine the sheer drama if/when Nurie becomes pregnant and Jill doesn't?  I expect the kids will be holding weekly 'Pamper Mama' showers just to help her grieve the loss of her fertility.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why do all those fundies call their friends "sweet friends"? 

Because calling them "marks" would be showing their hand.

13 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

I have ISB-D as well and have had a horrible summer.  Feel like I am crossing foods off the list of what I can eat every single day.  Some people write it off as a minor issue but it is absolutely no fun and can be completely exhausting.

I feel ya, this is the longest flare I have ever had...nothing seems to help...right now looking in to lectins being the issue..and doing liquids as much as I can....I saw on Youtube a guy with Crohns is off all his meds after eliminating lectins....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

She actually took a picture of the kids with food in their mouths - probably because she's seen the posts saying she whisks their plates away as soon as she takes a pic, without letting them eat. 

Notice Kaylee's (?) eyes locked on the young man with the dark facial hair. That's not one of Jill's kids is it?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

She actually took a picture of the kids with food in their mouths - probably because she's seen the posts saying she whisks their plates away as soon as she takes a pic, without letting them eat. 

Notice Kaylee's (?) eyes locked on the young man with the dark facial hair. That's not one of Jill's kids is it?

I think that is Joel (or Jeremy?) Dingus, husband of Sidney Dingus.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

It is some sort of fundie code.  

I usually don't watch the Bates' girls videos because I find them so vapid, but that was downright painful.  First, they answer questions from the viewers for about 10 minutes.  I fast forwarded through most of it, but it seemed like they were asked the same question over and over again, "Do you think it is a boy or a girl?'.  I did notice Alyssa said that they had names picked out for either sex, but her headship would be making the final call.   Also, apropos of nothing, why do Alyssa and her sisters constantly dress themselves and their children in washed out faded colors? Everything they wear seems to be the color of old bras (thanks, Tom and Lorenzo)

As for the reveal itself, I don't think that is an actual explosive device, it is compressed air, like a balloon popping.  At least they were in Florida and she said it was about to rain.  Neither one of them is a good enough actor to pretend that they weren't disappointed, no matter how much they tried to insist they were not.  Lots of babbling about how it didn't matter, God's will be done and whatever.  And John then rambling on and on about how he was the only one of his brothers with 4 daughters (and no sons, though he tried to pretend that the 4 girls thing was the focus).  At the end, after she signed off; he apparently didn't realize that the camera was still running, but his face fell and his unhappiness was there for all the world to see.  Also, do not title your Youtube sex reveal video, 'Will it be a boy?' if you don't really care what flavor baby you're getting.

I cannot stand the Bates' girls but I did go watch this.  Alyssa is so annoying!  I didn't watch to the very end but after you mentioned that his face fell, I had to go back and watch the final seconds.  You are so right!  He is definitely disappointed and seemed exhausted about having to be so "up" for the camera.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

How narcissistic is that?  I'm beginning to think Jill is trolling us, no one can be that clueless. 

There's a subreddit called InsaneParents, compared to the crazy from the majority of those parents Jill's crazy is pretty mild.

ETA: Jill mentioned not to long ago she was still nursing Janessa so I don't think she's been trying to get pregnant for the last year. I know nursing isn't a full-proof form of birth control, but most women stop if they're trying to conceive.

Edited by Nysha
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think you've got something there.  I would not be surprised at all if Jill took advantage of local food banks to help feed Shrek.  The kids are an afterthought, of course.  Jill undoubtedly feels entitled to free food because she and her husband are so godly and choose not to work at actual paying jobs to feed their family. 

since Jill is a grifter - many school districts in our area are giving free lunch to any child. some are giving breakfast and lunch. children do not need to be enrolled in the school district or be in the car at the twice a week pickups. If Jill can find one of those nearby surely she would do it because "Jesus would be providing" even through the evil public system

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I just watched Alyssa's gender reveal video, and wow. After ten seconds of fake enthusiasm, the disappointment was palpable, especially on John's end. I don't think he's upset over having a girl, but rather he's annoyed because he knows Alyssa will insist on a fifth. She's not stopping until she gets her boy 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

since Jill is a grifter - many school districts in our area are giving free lunch to any child. some are giving breakfast and lunch. children do not need to be enrolled in the school district or be in the car at the twice a week pickups. If Jill can find one of those nearby surely she would do it because "Jesus would be providing" even through the evil public system

I think the Rodrigues family gets several hundred dollars worth of food stamps (SNAP benefits) every month.

• Useful 5
50 minutes ago, Nysha said:

There's a subreddit called InsaneParents, compared to the crazy from the majority of those parents Jill's crazy is pretty mild.

ETA: Jill mentioned not to long ago she was still nursing Janessa so I don't think she's been trying to get pregnant for the last year. I know nursing isn't a full-proof form of birth control, but most women stop if they're trying to conceive.

In one of Jill’s most recent posts, she stated that she was thinking about not nursing Janessa anymore.  Someone here mentioned “Jill’s trying to get pregnant.”  And that someone was right.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In one of Jill’s most recent posts, she stated that she was thinking about not nursing Janessa anymore.  Someone here mentioned “Jill’s trying to get pregnant.”  And that someone was right.

As far as nursing and getting pregnant, most women who nurse will be ovulating regularly by the time the baby is 4-6 months old.   There is a wide variation from woman to woman, but virtually all women ovulate by the time the baby is eating solid foods for the most part.  Considering how closely spaced Jill's other kids are, I don't think nursing caused her to be infertile.  I suspect she's conceived plenty of kids while nursing and the quitting nursing post was because she's getting kinda worried because she hasn't gotten pregnant yet.  It's a last ditch effort. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

Any age.  I talked my daughter out of using the things.  Our pediatric dentist advised me to never use them and I passed that along to my daughter.  There are other types of learning to drink cups that don't have the same formed spout problem and are easier to get kids away from.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hope the kid got to lick the lids for some calories. The food looked vile. The roast was tiny for the crowd that came. Cheapo Jill.

When I saw the picture I thought it was small. After it cooks ( and shrinks) it would feed me for about 3 days.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hope the kid got to lick the lids for some calories. The food looked vile. The roast was tiny for the crowd that came. Cheapo Jill.

All I saw was potato and cheese on the children's plates.  I think the meat was for the adults.  And nothing green in the whole meal.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I have had ISB-D for over twenty-five years and about five years ago I finally found a gastroenterologist with a solution that has helped me immensely.  If anyone is interested, they can message me.

send you a PM

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think the Rodrigues family gets several hundred dollars worth of food stamps (SNAP benefits) every month.

In order to qualify,one parent would need to work 20 hours/week or more.I wish they did.They need to feed those starving kids!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

Would Jill be willing to open up her business to the government?  I get she’s a world class grifter, but getting SNAP might be a bridge too far. 🤷‍♀️

I agree. I doubt they get food stamps. They do quality based on sheer number of kids they got.

6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

All I saw was potato and cheese on the children's plates.  I think the meat was for the adults.  And nothing green in the whole meal.

I think in the last dinner spread, the big aluminum bowl was for a salad. However, I didn't see anything that resembled a vegetable on any plates this time (social media fail, Jill), so who knows what it was and who got it. Something green would balance that sad, starch-heavy, beige meal (*TM Duggar). 

Poor Jill is in heavy mourning for the lost Nurie, who is apparently has gone on to a better life. I'm sure Saint Jill thinks she's suffering as much as Jesus ever did. 

Guests at Jill's house never look especially happy as they pick through the scraps on their plates. I can understand. The guests probably have to eat again after they get home. The Rods kids aren't so lucky. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Jill's social media response to mandatory non-Jesus job training would be the stuff of legend. Come on, 2020, throw us a bone!

I just picture goofy looking Dave with a million bible Tracks trying to convert everyone he meets there! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jill's social media response to mandatory non-Jesus job training would be the stuff of legend. Come on, 2020, throw us a bone!

Jill would say David saved everyone there.

Power in the pamplet.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

I'm pretty sure that those "cheese" containers are the free dipping sauces that come with the Little Caesars pizza that they seem to eat constantly. Making a cheese sauce is literally one of the easiest recipes in the world - it's one of the first things my kids learned to make - and it only takes a few minutes. In fact, it probably takes longer to open up all of those "cheese" containers than to make the sauce

I was just coming here to say that.  So her guests got a hunk of dried-up pork roast and potatoes swimming in greasy fake nacho cheese sauce. She mentions that she made "pork roast, potatoes and vegetables" but after wasting a couple of minutes studying those pictures, I didn't see any vegetables on anyone's plates.  And there sure were a lot of potatoes left over for feeding such a big group.  Her guests probably all hit the first McDonald's drive-thru they passed on the way home.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I was just coming here to say that.  So her guests got a hunk of dried-up pork roast and potatoes swimming in greasy fake nacho cheese sauce. She mentions that she made "pork roast, potatoes and vegetables" but after wasting a couple of minutes studying those pictures, I didn't see any vegetables on anyone's plates.  And there sure were a lot of potatoes left over for feeding such a big group.  Her guests probably all hit the first McDonald's drive-thru they passed on the way home.

or they ate before hand so the starving children could eat

my MIL cooked food like this for family parties. our kids ate on the way, brought snacks and we always stopped at the first mcdonalds drive through on the way home😀

• LOL 7
  • Love 10