Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It’s possible that DFS has already come around in Ohio. That’s sort of the vibe I get. Usually Jill is very “woe is me,” but lately she’s been posting about how perfect everything is and how happy the kids are...fishy.

I also wonder what is going on with Tim. There’s some subtext there, too

• Love 17
On 9/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, iwantcookies said:

The way she pronounces Jesus makes me laugh.

I absolutely refuse to listen to her nonsense, but based on past experience, I assume it’s along the lines of “Jeeeesssssus?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its easy enough to look up DSM 5 diagnoses online to see if someone might meet the criteria for a diagnosis, but its nearly impossible to diagnose from SM snapshots. But if I had to hazard a guess I would say JillR could possibly have a personality disorder, but not narcissism and I don't really see bipolar disorder either, although maybe bipolar II, but I doubt it.

IMO, JillR's online presence fits more with histrionic or borderline, but what I think we're really seeing is a defensive 'persecuted' Fundy, with a possible open DCF case. Her posts seemed to be aimed at proving different things, to multiple audiences, all at once. She's trying to check all these boxes simultaneously and looks a tad maniacal in doing so.

Personality disorder NOS

lol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill has not shown herself taking the kids to a female pediatrician doctor. Yet. If she does then I will believe social services are investigating them.

to be fair though, many people are not taking their children to pediatrician doctor at this time.

but if the rod kids had been to one we surely would have seen it, because best momma ever would need to wave it in the faces of those who persecute her

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Why would she have to take them to a female pediatrician specifically?

that is how she described the last doctor when she posted pics of the kids in the doctor's office. sort of like Phillip shown studying hard at algebra math

i think it might have been "female pediatrician doctor"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I absolutely refuse to listen to her nonsense, but based on past experience, I assume it’s along the lines of “Jeeeesssssus?

It sounds more like Jeez-ESS to me (with a slight emphasis on the second syllable).

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Why would she have to take them to a female pediatrician specifically?

As noted above, those are Jill's words, not ours.  I believe the littlest Rod also saw a neurologist doctor after her birth as she had some problems diagnosed on prenatal ultrasound.  I think we're supposed to be impressed that Jill takes her kids to pediatrician doctors and neurologist doctors instead of to pediatrician plumbers and neurologist auto mechanics.

Jill does seem particularly eager to show the world what a wonderful mother she is and what great lives her kids are leading.  It's not working.  I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't receive some sort of inquiry from DCFS and she's trying to lay a trail of attentive parenting to throw them off the track.

It is also coming up on the new school year and Ohio requires parents who are planning to homeschool to notify the superintendent of their local school district who will be in charge of monitoring their progress.  Could be, Jilly wants a lot of wholesome family life posted online that she can brag about when she registers her 'school'.

As far as the Rodriguii' connection to the Duggars.  It ain't what it used to be.  They attended a couple of the early Duggar weddings.  The weddings were televised, so perhaps they appeared on an episode of the show in the background, though none of the Rodriguii speak or are identified in those eppies.  Back 4-5 years ago, Jill had a lot of posts on the blog bragging about her close friendship with the Duggars complete with photos.  They also attended several of the Bates' weddings and bragged about that, too.  It seems that Jill and the gang have not been invited to a Duggar wedding in several years; probably since she posted a picture of her invitation to one of the weddings, complete with date, time and location before the Duggars or TLC had made the information public.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3074

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It sounds more like Jeez-ESS to me (with a slight emphasis on the second syllable).

Hmm. Maybe un my memories of fundies past it was more like Jeez-SESS? Or my memory is flawed. Could be either!

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 1

I only listened to part of one video (because I’m 62 and can’t count on having enough time left to wipe it from my memory), but what leaped out at me was her screeching”SATAN” except it was pronounced “SAY-EN” with this weird half pause in the middle. No “t” sound at all. 

Weird. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go eat a SAN-WICH and maybe a COO-IE. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

Somewhat related to the YouTube discussion in Joy's thread, Alyssa B will be doing a gender reveal on YouTube on 9/12. She explained it had to be on YouTube because of the pandemic. That post follows posts of her dining out with her kids and husband, shopping and dining out with her best friend and a night out with her in-laws. And a couple of months ago her parents, younger siblings and Carlin's family visited them in FL (And Josie just posted an IG story looking out a plane window)

So, ya, pandemic.

Oh and she wants y'all to go to YouTube to set a reminder.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Somewhat related to the YouTube discussion in Joy's thread, Alyssa B will be doing a gender reveal on YouTube on 9/12. She explained it had to be on YouTube because of the pandemic. That post follows posts of her dining out with her kids and husband, shopping and dining out with her best friend and a night out with her in-laws. And a couple of months ago her parents, younger siblings and Carlin's family visited them in FL (And Josie just posted an IG story looking out a plane window)

So, ya, pandemic.

Josie and Kelton are headed to Oregon. Not sure why, but there you go.

• Love 1

Alyssa looked cute in the mini skirt she had on the other day.I wonder what her parents think of the way she dresses,inc. the tank tops and shorts.Kelly must be aghast LOL.

And she said they wanted to stop at 4 kids.I wonder if she'll get a firm talking to about that.I hope not

I don't think the Rods are invited to the Bates weddings anymore either,are they?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Hmm. Maybe un my memories of fundies past it was more like Jeez-SESS? Or my memory is flawed. Could be either!

six of one, half dozen of the other, as far as I can make out, though dialects and accents are incredibly subtle. I keep trying to pronounce "Jeez-ESS" vs "Jeez-SESS" in my mouth and can't get it to feel any different going from the z to the s before the ess. But, as I said, those subtleties can be lost on someone not as familiar with the regional differences. I do find them fascinating, though.

@Oldernowiser said:

I only listened to part of one video (because I’m 62 and can’t count on having enough time left to wipe it from my memory), but what leaped out at me was her screeching”SATAN” except it was pronounced “SAY-EN” with this weird half pause in the middle. No “t” sound at all. 

Weird. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go eat a SAN-WICH and maybe a COO-IE. 

Again, regional differences....If I say "Satan", it comes out as "Say'-in" (with the glottal stop). I'm not sure who puts an actual "d" in "sandwich", come to think about it. But I can't imagine leaving a "K" out of "cookie".

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Thanks @doodlebug to the link to the Rodriguii's attendance at Jinger's wedding.

Jill R. posts: "We were SO blessed to be invited by the Duggar family to their lovely home and we hooked our RV up in their driveway."

Priceless, Jill. The Duggars got a TV show and moved up, and you shared a scene from "Christmas Vacation" with Cousin Eddie and the dumpy RV in the driveway of their fancy house emptying waste into the storm drain. That's not the image the Duggars wanted to project. And you leaked the invitation because you're clueless. Tacky. 

This is Evangelical/Fundamentalist version of Animal Farm, so the Rods shouldn't expect many invitations from the upper ranks. Even the Keller connection has been a bust.

Oh, and David shows himself to be a pig, but that's insulting to pigs, who are, at least, somewhat intelligent, sociable, and useful.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Alyssa looked cute in the mini skirt she had on the other day.I wonder what her parents think of the way she dresses,inc. the tank tops and shorts.Kelly must be aghast LOL.

And she said they wanted to stop at 4 kids.I wonder if she'll get a firm talking to about that.I hope not

Not from John, but Kelly will do her best to change her mind. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

six of one, half dozen of the other, as far as I can make out, though dialects and accents are incredibly subtle. I keep trying to pronounce "Jeez-ESS" vs "Jeez-SESS" in my mouth and can't get it to feel any different going from the z to the s before the ess. But, as I said, those subtleties can be lost on someone not as familiar with the regional differences. I do find them fascinating, though.

@Oldernowiser said:

Again, regional differences....If I say "Satan", it comes out as "Say'-in" (with the guttural stop). I'm not sure who puts an actual "d" in "sandwich", come to think about it. But I can't imagine leaving a "K" out of "cookie".

I find them fascinating, too. I do pronounce the "d" in sandwich, but I do not have a glottal stop when pronouncing "Satan". I cannot place Jill's accent, though. For the most part, she has an upstate NY/eastern PA accent, though she speaks rather slowly and deliberately for someone from that area. She does, however, pronounce some words in a completely different way from what I would expect. I wish I knew where that came from.

Edited by AnnaBaptist
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I find them fascinating, too. I do pronounce the "d" in sandwich, but I do not have a glottal stop when pronouncing "Satan". I cannot place Jill's accent, though. For the most part, she has an upstate NY/eastern PA accent, though she speaks rather slowly and deliberately for someone from that area. She does, however, pronounce some words in a completely different way from what I would expect. I wish I knew where that came from.

Ack! Glottal stop! Thank you! Fixed it in my OP. Where was my brain?

2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Not from John, but Kelly will do her best to change her mind. 

Yes,John is fine with however many they have.

I wonder if Kelly will sic Michelle on her,with her little girl giggle,laughing about how there is no better reason to be sick.Alyssa doesn't find it funny,and neither did I

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So, ya, pandemic.

"Has to," because Alyssa is as much an attention whore as her idiot sisters Erin and Carlin. 

I doubt they'll stop at four kids. They're too dumb to manage birth control. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

@Oldernowiser said:

Again, regional differences....If I say "Satan", it comes out as "Say'-in" (with the glottal stop). I'm not sure who puts an actual "d" in "sandwich", come to think about it. But I can't imagine leaving a "K" out of "cookie".

I do pronounce the “d” in sandwich. Is that unusual?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, sondraK said:

I don't think the Rods are invited to the Bates weddings anymore either,are they?

The real mystery is why anyone would ever have invited them to the first one.  Jill reeks of desperation and longing for the sort of attention being on Teevee would provide.  You'd think, as famous fundies, the Duggars and Bates would've seen them coming a mile away.  The woman not only attended the funeral for little children killed in a tragic fire; she taped it and showed it online after first posing for selfies with the tiny coffins which she also posted.  Children she did not know, from a family she'd never met until she crashed their childrens' service and used it to call attention to herself.  

Even famewhores like the Duggars and Bates have standards.

Come to think of it, Jill does have a lot in common with Cousin Eddy from the Vacation movies.  She and her hubby also don't work for a living; preferring to mooch off of others, especially when it comes to their children.

ETA: I've always said sanDwich.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

There's a great scene where Clark feels sorry for the kids and takes Eddie shopping to buy Christmas gifts for them. Eddie starts filling the cart with bags of dog food saying the kids can manage on their own. Clark insists on buying gifts for the kids. Ah shucks Eddie declines but then pulls out his long list of things for Clark to buy for everybody, including Christmas gifts for Clark's family from Eddie's.  

It doesn't take much imagination to look at the clip and substitute Jill for Eddie. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

My husband calls it "sangwich", but I think that is a result of his first language being Italian.  He has no accent, and that is the only word he mispronounces, but my mother-in-law, who never really learned much English says "sanga-weech", and I guess it stuck...

I saw the announcement about the Websters' gender reveal on YouTube.  I really cannot guess how many kids they will end up having but I do think she could not handle 19.  Hopefully she has a boy because I honestly believe there is a nagging voice telling her she must give her husband a son.  (It may be her mother's voice). 😜

• Love 5

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell has a new blog post about her sister Allison's wedding. Allisonwedding

Allison got married over three weeks.  The pictures make it look like a beautiful wedding, but I watched the livestream and it was the worst wedding I've watched or been to. 

Allison's dress and veil were beautiful and made by an Etsy seamstress. 

Chelsy got her bridesmaid dress from Citrus and Lemon!

The last picture is of the Bontragers; Marlin and Becky, their 10 kids, 5 in-laws including the groom, 6 grandchildren.  (Carolina was heavily pregnant with the newest grandchild Jemima Virtue!)  Chelsy says this about the picture:

"This is one of my very favorites of the professional pictures, because it is such an example of God's goodness to my family! Only five years ago we were a tribe of twelve--two parents and ten very single singles. 😃 At the beginning of 2016, my parents began to very seriously fast and pray for marriages in our family. And what do you know, as my dad would say, "they started dropping like flies". 😃

Four of us got married in 2017, making our number 16.

Two grandbabies arrived in 2018, making our number 18.

Two more grandbabies in 2019, making our number 20.

Another marriage and three more grand babies in 2020, at the time of this post, with granddbaby #8 arriving, Lord willing, in early December.

By the end of 2020, our clan of original 12 will have just over doubled to the number of 25! Wow!"

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell has a new blog post about her sister Allison's wedding. Allisonwedding

Allison got married over three weeks.  The pictures make it look like a beautiful wedding, but I watched the livestream and it was the worst wedding I've watched or been to. 

Allison's dress and veil were beautiful and made by an Etsy seamstress. 

Chelsy got her bridesmaid dress from Citrus and Lemon!

The last picture is of the Bontragers; Marlin and Becky, their 10 kids, 5 in-laws including the groom, 6 grandchildren.  (Carolina was heavily pregnant with the newest grandchild Jemima Virtue!)  Chelsy says this about the picture:

"This is one of my very favorites of the professional pictures, because it is such an example of God's goodness to my family! Only five years ago we were a tribe of twelve--two parents and ten very single singles. 😃 At the beginning of 2016, my parents began to very seriously fast and pray for marriages in our family. And what do you know, as my dad would say, "they started dropping like flies". 😃

Another marriage and three more grand babies in 2020, at the time of this post, with granddbaby #8 arriving, Lord willing, in early December.

By the end of 2020, our clan of original 12 will have just over doubled to the number of 25! Wow!"

Jemima Virtue 😳?!?  That poor child, she and Spurgeon can start their own support group for people with truly awful names. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

At least Jemima has better nickname options (Jem, Jemmy, Mimi). Though admittedly Surgeon has a better middle name to fall back on.

I actually have always liked the name Jemima. It makes me think of the little girl in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The kids were Jeremy and Jemima, which always struck me as very pretty and English. 

Of course, now when I see Jeremy, I think of Jerm. Which spoils it a bit...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I see a homeschoolin' math lesson on exponential growth.... !!

Yeah.... probably not. But a (math teacher) girl can dream!

• Love 4

And I believe those are dice in the picture! Oh no! Gambling!!!! Actually, I  know that Jill Rod has posted her kids playing board games and they have probably used dice before. I do know that some people do believe that dice are evil and it sounds like something Jill would think.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Extra plexus 🤣🤣🤣

Wonder who took that photo of Nurie and Nathan, in whose kitchen, and how it got to Susanna. I'd love it if it was sent by Nathan to bypass Jill. 

Jill must be tearing her hair out (not hard to do in its current state). I hope she drinks down all her Plexus profits. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5