Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Where did he post that rant?  Asking for a friend. 😎

It's in her IG stories. Going away soon.

It's in a regular post, too... the one that starts with a video of David tackling her (currently her third most recent post, though at the rate she's been posting, will probably be further down before too long).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It's in a regular post, too... the one that starts with a video of David tackling her (currently her third most recent post, though at the rate she's been posting, will probably be further down before too long).

Oh, I missed that. As you said, she's posted so much in the past 24 hours it's impossible to keep up! As I noted upthread, before this latest barrage of posts yesterday, she'd posted 21 times in 7 days. And that didn't include sparkling them up for her Stories. 

She spends more time on IG than she does with her kids. 😢

• Love 2

So she used to be a fan of one team because her Daddy was, and now she is a fan of another because her headship has a different allegiance. Who thinks that she actually follows either team, or even has any concept of how the game is played? That's all men's stuff anyway, right? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So she used to be a fan of one team because her Daddy was, and now she is a fan of another because her headship has a different allegiance. Who thinks that she actually follows either team, or even has any concept of how the game is played? That's all men's stuff anyway, right? 

Jill would have a conniption if she ever met my family.  Dad was a Steelers fan before meeting Mom, and died a Browns fan.  We were all raised to root for the right team.  My sister was not a huge sports fan and did change her allegiances when she married my brother-in-law to a point.   She is fine being a Cowboys and Red Sox fan but drew the line on at UNC.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

Funny how family and friends come last on her list of loves.

As a Cowboys fan (I know, I know) I'm thrilled Jill roots for Washington. We have enough problems without adding a crazy fundie fan to the list.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill would have a conniption if she ever met my family.  Dad was a Steelers fan before meeting Mom, and died a Browns fan.  We were all raised to root for the right team.  My sister was not a huge sports fan and did change her allegiances when she married my brother-in-law to a point.   She is fine being a Cowboys and Red Sox fan but drew the line on at UNC.  

LOL My dad's a Raiders fan and my mom was a Broncos fan. No wonder they divorced. Meanwhile, I'm over here in the corner as a Chiefs fan. 😄 

People in AR, pro team-wise, are usually either Cowboys fans or Chiefs fans. I can't abide the Cowboys! 

Isn't David also from NY? I find it puzzling he'd be a Redskins fan, though I know stranger things can happen when it comes to picking a team. Still, it wouldn't surprise me that they really did only decide to become a fan in light of the recent name controversy. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I knew she couldn't be studying to be an RN. No way. 

I am legit happy for her. She looks happy, and I hope her idiot parents are proud of her and tell her they're proud of her. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Zella said:

LOL My dad's a Raiders fan and my mom was a Broncos fan. No wonder they divorced. Meanwhile, I'm over here in the corner as a Chiefs fan. 😄 

People in AR, pro team-wise, are usually either Cowboys fans or Chiefs fans. I can't abide the Cowboys! 

Isn't David also from NY? I find it puzzling he'd be a Redskins, though I know stranger things can happen when it comes to picking a team. Still, it wouldn't surprise me that they really did only decide to become a fan in light of the recent name controversy. 

My mom was a diehard Bronco fan and hated the Raiders, Chiefs and Cowboys so much that we wouldn't even joke about being fans of any of the teams. She'd probably would have disowned us. She did have to accept reluctantly that her grandson was a Raider fan but assumed he was a kid and would grow out of it.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Isn't David also from NY? I find it puzzling he'd be a Redskins, though I know stranger things can happen when it comes to picking a team. Still, it wouldn't surprise me that they really did only decide to become a fan in light of the recent name controversy. 

I lived in Colorado and Kansas off and on as a kid. I remember Marty Schottenheimer good-naturedly griping about John Elway in an interview, and saying he'd sit down one day and figure out how much money Elway had cost him. And I remember what a big deal it was when the Griefs beat the Broncos. (We called them the Griefs for their habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.) 

Topic: I think Jilly R is flat-out lying like she does about damn near everything. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Isn't David also from NY? I find it puzzling he'd be a Redskins fan, though I know stranger things can happen when it comes to picking a team. Still, it wouldn't surprise me that they really did only decide to become a fan in light of the recent name controversy. 

They've been Redskins fans for years. This isn't bandwagoning due to the name change. Like I said, if Shrek likes indians so much, there is a team in Cleveland...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, jacourt said:

Thats not the name of the team anymore.  They must be great fans!  Probably got the stuff real cheap.

Maybe she’s protesting the name change. You know, because evil godless librul heathens are for it.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They've been Redskins fans for years. This isn't bandwagoning due to the name change. Like I said, if Shrek likes indians so much, there is a team in Cleveland...

Interesting. Maybe from living in WV? I could see that being either Redskins or Ravens country. I know in NC, where my dad's family is from, a lot of folks were Redskins fans before the Panthers were created. Him being a Raiders fan back in the 70s there was considered pretty weird. 

I just looked at a map of NFL fan allegiance by states/counties in the US. Looks like WV is more Steelers country (that hadn't occurred to me but makes sense proximity-wise) and also has pockets of Bengals, Browns, Redskins, and Panthers fans. Apparently not Ravens country. See how much I know. LOL

It's a pretty interesting map in general:

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/where-do-nfl-fans-live-mapping-football-fandom-across-the-u-s/

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think Shrek was a Redskins fan when he met Jill in NY. AFAIK, he also grew up in NY, so I have no clue how he became a Redskins fan. I guess they were pretty good in his youth with Theismann and the NY teams sucked?

The Giants were a great team in the 1980s, with Lawrence Taylor and Phil Simms and company. That's roughly the same time frame as the Theismann Washington team, or a little later. But who can say why someone cheers for a given team? I know a Rams fan who has never lived away from Wichita, Kansas. 

I can't believe all this football knowledge is flooding back into my brain. I don't even like football and refuse to watch it (the injuries upset me). 

Topic: the concept of the Rods spending money on a jersey and (more) tacky earrings for Jill makes me nauseous. What frivolous arrogance. 

• Love 4

She's had those earrings for a while. This isn't the first time she's worn them. I was all WTF the first time I saw them.

I forgot about how good the Giants were in the 80's. LT was a favorite of mine. IIRC, he's the guy who ended Theismann's career. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Boy, is Jill's hair over-lightened. It looks awful. She should switch to a more natural look; she would look younger and appear less sluttish.

I want to see video of Jill as she reads this because you know she does.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I just looked at a map of NFL fan allegiance by states/counties in the US. Looks like WV is more Steelers country (that hadn't occurred to me but makes sense proximity-wise) and also has pockets of Bengals, Browns, Redskins, and Panthers fans. Apparently not Ravens country. See how much I know. LOL

It's a pretty interesting map in general:

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/where-do-nfl-fans-live-mapping-football-fandom-across-the-u-s/

Growing up in WV, I heard a lot more about WVU and Marshall football than any pro teams. College and high school football seemed more important to most people. The Steelers only mattered to people in the northern part of the state, and that I only remember starting in the early 2000s. However, I left the state 13 years ago, so it may have changed.

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

I lived in Colorado and Kansas off and on as a kid. I remember Marty Schottenheimer good-naturedly griping about John Elway in an interview, and saying he'd sit down one day and figure out how much money Elway had cost him. And I remember what a big deal it was when the Griefs beat the Broncos. (We called them the Griefs for their habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.) 

Topic: I think Jilly R is flat-out lying like she does about damn near everything. 

Honey, I'm from Cleveland.  Believe me, there is nothing John Elway ever did to Marty and the Chiefs that could compare to what he did to Marty and the Browns.  I was AT that game in 1987; the one they call The Drive and just the sight of that horsefaced a**hole causes a visceral reaction in me all these years later.  I will NEVER be able to forget those last 5 minutes and 32 seconds.

As far as Jill being a fan of the Washington Football Team, which is now their name, at least for this season; I wouldn't be surprised if she and the gargoyle did choose a favorite football team based on how offensive others found the name.  They're that kind of people.  I suppose The Cleveland Indians aren't offensive enough for them to root for now that they've eliminated Chief Wahoo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

She starts the video with her signature “I just wanna git on here...” That’s exactly how all the written posts from her children start. More reason for me to believe she authors those posts and then adds an interchangeable Rodlet photo to them whenever she feels like it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

Growing up in WV, I heard a lot more about WVU and Marshall football than any pro teams. College and high school football seemed more important to most people. The Steelers only mattered to people in the northern part of the state, and that I only remember starting in the early 2000s. However, I left the state 13 years ago, so it may have changed.

Pittsburgh is just a 3 hour drive from W. Va.  Also, both areas are coal mining country and a lot of people have moved back and forth as the mines opened and closed.  A lot of people in WVa have family ties to Pittsburgh and vice versa.  There's also that hardworking, blue collar ethos that both areas share.  My mom was from that part of PA and my uncle and one of my cousins were miners.  My uncle retired from it, my cousin had to switch careers when the mines closed for good.  It is backbreaking, dangerous, dirty work and I think there's a certain pride shared between communities where mining was a big part of the local economy.  Tough as nails.

Jill and the gargoyle moved to WVa fairly recently and didn't live there all that long.  They'd spent the majority of their marriage living in New York.  If he was a Giants fan, it is kind weird that he would then switch allegiance to the DC team since they have a longstanding rivalry.  I'm a Browns fan, and, even if I moved to Pittsburgh or Baltimore; I could never be a Steelers or Ravens fan.  I'm a fan of both cities, have visited both and enjoyed myself many times; but their football teams; no way.

I have a friend who is from Michigan; a lifelong Wolverine, he and his wife both went to school there and rooted for the team.  He got a job transfer; to Columbus, Ohio.  He had all sorts of Michigan paraphenalia; his two young daughters had maize and blue cheerleader outfits.  I remember telling him before he went that he needed to keep the Michigan rooting to a minimum down there and for goodness sake, do not let his kids leave the house in the cheerleader outfits or they'd never make any friends.  People wouldn't be mean, but they'd surely give them the stink eye and little kids might not be too polite.  There are things you just don't do.  My former boss went to Michigan and is a huge fan.  I asked about her kids once and she pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of the kids, all dressed up for their first Michigan game at The Big House.  I swear, I got a little dizzy looking at it.  She was the best boss I'd ever had, though, and, one year for Christmas, I gave her a desktop Christmas tree decorated in Wolverine stuff.  When it came, I showed it to my sister, an OSU alum like myself.  After a bit,  she asked me to put it back in the box; looking at it was making her queasy.  As she said, "I think it must be really nice or I wouldn't feel so awful looking at it.'

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I listened to 2.2 seconds of JillR's video and she sounds just like Priscilla W.

This is what you missed, although I had to skip most of it out of boredom. The woman does blather. 

Jill gave us a video heart-to-heart in the barndo's love nest, in her breathy, caring, fake voice in front of a fake mini fireplace (nice touch in summer). She thinks people must be very mean to us (so that's why we're mean to her). She very slowly spoke her favorite message about God, twice, and then panned across the room so we could see the same words on a Hobby Lobby sign above the bed (yuck), which she read out loud again--very slowly--in case anyone missed it. She appeared to be trying for tears but her tear ducts must have been clogged with eye makeup so nothing happened. Then she starting singing, but her voice wouldn't stay on key, so I had to exit.  

I noticed girlfriend has been putting on a bit of weight lately. Too many surprise gifts of sweet rolls from Hunky-Chunky Hubby, perhaps. Unfortunately, that's not a good look for the magic of slimming Plexus. It's really not a good look for the mother of a bunch of emaciated children who are often photographed with food they are not allowed to eat. 

Fear not. Vile Jill will be back soon enough. This love your enemy stuff takes too much work. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

That's interesting--thank you! Arkansas has a similar fixation on the Razorbacks, though they have been absolutely awful for years. 

• Love 1

My niece went to OSU. My sister, BIL and nephew went to UM. My parents went to UM. (So did I for undergrad, but really don’t care about college football.)

I was there for one UM/OSU game and that living room was TENSE. OSU was clobbering UM, my niece, who is lovely but also the single most competitive person I ever met, was trying not to gloat and failing. My nephew, who is normally preternaturally calm, was throwing things. It was UGLY.
The dogs and I crept out of the room,

OT? Jill needs to stop looking to SM for attention because the ugly always comes with it and you think she’d realize that’s the reality by now.

• Love 5

I'm in Seahawk country, although I quit watching a couple of years ago.  Denver was a rival back in the Elway days.  A local DJ coined the terms "the Denver Stinkos" and John Smellway.  It was funny at the time.

Jill's kids all look like ragamuffins, but they spend $ on licensed NFL gear?  Pathetic.  The Happy Hooker makeup expense makes me furious when I see pics of those unfortunate children.  Jill is trash.  And Chubby Hubby is, too.

• Love 9