Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Is that unfortunate young man in the bow tie Timmy? He looks slightly skeletal poor thing.

So Jill has time to search out posts that posters liked and she didn't to block them, take care of billions of children, sell Plexus, and grift from the Dinguseses? That woman has mad time management skills.

Jill doesn't do any childcare, housework, gardening or errands. That frees up a lot of time to do the things she likes: troweling on makeup, destroying her hair, making bad videos, posting on social media, shopping, decorating the barndo, receiving gifts, and imposing on people. 

• Love 12

i do not remember how old Jill is and I am too lazy to look it up - was cable or dish even a thing readily available in the area of PA. where she grew up?? my kids are 35 and 32, cable and dish were not things in our area when they were young

but she surely grew up without a phone to record all kinds of crazy posts to SM, for unknown people to watch and that's ok - but that evil teevee

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

oops, he looks scalped. Those are her skills? The girl's hair looks the same.

i will say Gabriel and sammers or phillip have the exact haircut i paid for for my grandsons recently - I believe it was called "the normal boy cut" or some such thing.

I have been waiting to see where the beauty shop chair from the old house ended up in the Barndo. seems in the print shop area.

so Jill claimed they needed to move to Ohio for more room for the print shop. but we have seen in that big area of workspace in the barndo they have couches, a large tv, a piano, a room divider with tacky plants and family pics, two washers and dryers, shelving for laundry supplies and the makeup/hair styling set up

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

why is david in a suit and tie to play a board game with some children?? why is the one boy, phillip or sammers in a dress shirt and bowtie. seriously jilly, is that how your family dressed for board games.

and hmmm a fairly large TV was recently shown in the singing with the Plaths or whoever.

But she doesn't have cable or Dish network,so Jill doesn't consider it tv.LOL

10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I wonder if they read the Bible story of Jesus throwing the moneychangers out of the temple before they play Monopoly? Do they even know Atlantic City is even a real place?

Guess it's better than playing the Game of Life where they might mistakenly land on the "Go to Night School" square and wonder why there's no "flunk out because you are illiterate but mom will start an online war with the administration to make it appear you're not" option. Plus the girls would be baffled by having to choose a career when "hassling people about Jesus at private businesses" or "constant pregnancy" are not options either.

I picture the little cars on Life being filled up w kids.I would get so many when I played, I had to lay them on top of each other.Thk God it was just a game! I only have 2 irl

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If they didn’t already know those things about Jesus, they really haven’t been reading the New testament.

Is helping people political? He advised his followers to take care of the poor and needy, etc.

Right,He did exactly what He came to do

• Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

i do not remember how old Jill is and I am too lazy to look it up - was cable or dish even a thing readily available in the area of PA. where she grew up?? my kids are 35 and 32, cable and dish were not things in our area when they were young

but she surely grew up without a phone to record all kinds of crazy posts to SM, for unknown people to watch and that's ok - but that evil teevee

She's 41 and grew up in NY.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Forgot her age
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Gabby Barrett is back up the top of the country charts. "7 Summers" fell and "I Hope" went back up to #1.  "I Hope" fell on the Hot 100, one place to #11, but it's not in the top 10 anymore.  Gabby has a second song "The Good Ones" on the country charts as well. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2020 at 7:50 AM, charmed1 said:

It’s so disturbing to see the youngest little girl in this photo. She’s clearly been brought in to replace the one who got married. And Jill’s  caption sounds like some type of pet breeder trying to drum up interest in their malnourished puppy mill. I suppose when she auctions the next one off on the next season of The Backwoods Awkward Virgin Bachelor, she’ll bring in the next girl off the bench. They’re like those little Russian dolls that get smaller and smaller. I hope at least one of them can escape and bring the rest of them with them. That photo looks like some type of Ancient four-headed monster!

Speaking of malnourished puppy mill, I noticed how healthy and plump cheeked little Nurie was.  Compare that to the severely pale and drawn little Rod kids now and it's just sickening.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Does a mirror break every time David looks into one?

David looks into cameras because Jill keeps sticking them into his face. The cameras belong to Jill, so they wouldn't dare break or do anything to displease her. If he can find a mirror under all the tacky mess in the barndo and looks into it, who know what could happen. 

This is so off the wall, but that cabinet behind Jill in the "beauty" section of the print shop looks like some kind of Shinto shrine. 

• Love 1
On 9/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, crazy8s said:

why is david in a suit and tie to play a board game with some children?? why is the one boy, phillip or sammers in a dress shirt and bowtie. seriously jilly, is that how your family dressed for board games.

and hmmm a fairly large TV was recently shown in the singing with the Plaths or whoever.

If that photo was taken last night, they had probably just gotten back from church.  I seem to recall that Baptists do Wednesday evening services in addition to all day Sunday.

As far as playing board games, isn't that what a lot of us are doing to pass the time these days?  I bought a new Monopoly game back in March and it has gotten a workout.  Same with the jigsaw puzzles.

• Love 4

Why is Jill constantly praising her "man" for working hard?  Does she understand that the majority of husbands/fathers/men work hard for their families (as do women, of course, but that's another topic) Or does she/did she have a lot of lazy, shiftless men in her extended family/life?

He's not special.  Well, he is "special," but not because he works hard.

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Why is Jill constantly praising her "man" for working hard?  Does she understand that the majority of husbands/fathers/men work hard for their families (as do women, of course, but that's another topic) Or does she/did she have a lot of lazy, shiftless men in her extended family/life?

He's not special.  Well, he is "special," but not because he works hard.

Is it just me or does it seem like she's had an unusual fixation on that lately? Maybe I am misremembering, but I feel like she used to post about it occasionally but with somewhat less frequency. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Is it just me or does it seem like she's had an unusual fixation on that lately? Maybe I am misremembering, but I feel like she used to post about it occasionally but with somewhat less frequency. 

It isn't just you. She has been off the wall with it lately. I suspect some jealousy towards Nurie and Nathan. 

• Love 15
Just now, libgirl2 said:

It isn't just you. She has been off the wall with it lately. I suspect some jealousy towards Nurie and Nathan. 

I think you're right. I suspect Jill had a very specific image of what Nurie's life would be like in relation to her and, well, everything after she married, which is insane, and when that didn't pan out, she isn't not handling it well at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Jill seems to be especially concerned with combating criticism from various forums lately. We don't feed our kids? Here's a pot of soup and a meal with the Plaths. David is lazy? Here's multiple pictures and posts of him working. Kids have no toys? Look! We're all playing board games together. Kids never gets treats/Jill never spends time with the younger kids? See latest Instagram post. 

I don't know what's driving it, but lately it seems that everything she posts is in direct response to something being discussed somewhere about her on the internet. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The children don’t look well. Why are they holding up snacks like it’s a prize??

It’s Jill’s “FU, heathens, I do so feed my kids. Okay, it’s all cheap sugary high fructose corn syrup crap, but maybe no one will notice.”

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, 1 picture:

And, once again, Jill uses helpless puppies and children as props.  Some things never change... I do not think for one minute that those kids got to take those treats home.  Nor do I think for one minute that giving sugary crap to otherwise underfed kids is good parenting.

Jill could've easily showed the kids baking cookies or making popcorn or sipping homemade lemonade.  Yet, she didn't.  Things that make you go hmm...

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

First hint that the snacks are a prop and not an actual purchase:  every single kid is holding the same dam*  bottle of sugary fake juice and 4 out of 6 chose the exact same snack.  They were clearly told to grab the first bottled drink and snack they saw and none of them got an actual choice.

When I was a kid, like 9 or 10, my dad used to take us to the corner store after church and give us each a quarter (don't laugh, you could get a great big Clark bar for a dime back in the olden days of the late '60's).  There were 5 of us and never once, ever, in dozens of trips did we all choose the exact same thing.  Not ever. We rarely had even two of us pick the same candy.  We pooled our excess fundage to purchase Archie comics, BTW; although my brother preferred Batman.

so true, MrCrazy8s took two grandkids to a convenience store last weekend and he said it was crazy, they wanted everything. Big League chew, slim jims, sunflower seeds..... they ended up with a doughnut and sport drink each

and hahaha on the candy - as a kid i always went for the 3 musketeer - biggest candy bar for a dime back in the day

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Those two little girls look so starved. Not only of food, but of attention, affection, and the joy of childhood. I hurt for them.

My corner store treat was the chocolate-mint Ice Cubes. You could get them for a penny when I was young. I still love them, but they're 50 cents each at my corner store.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Those two little girls look so starved. Not only of food, but of attention, affection, and the joy of childhood. I hurt for them.

also if they ever had a TV talking moment they might/should pull a Josie Duggar and describe their clothes as ugly...

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There were 5 of us and never once, ever, in dozens of trips did we all choose the exact same thing.  Not ever. We rarely had even two of us pick the same candy.  We pooled our excess fundage to purchase Archie comics, BTW; although my brother preferred Batman.

You grew up in a home that taught and valued independent thinking and education. Those poor kids are being raised in a cult. Everyone likes the same things, have the same opinions on every subject, same beliefs, and are together 24/7. They have no free will, only function as an unit. What a terrible way to grow. 

• Love 9

Now, @SMama, the Duggars are allowed to be individuals. Dontcha remember when one of the talking heads proudly told us that some of them like pickles and some of them don't? And then TLC filmed all the girls that did deep throating a giant pickle? /sarcasm

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

"OK, now put that stuff back, Mama got the picture"

I never believe the kids get to eat or drink items from these photo moments unless I see a piece of it in their mouths being chewed and swallowed.  

So Tim's going to buy a puppy? I hope he has plans to feed it, or it's just another living thing that doesn't get regular meals at chez Rodrigues. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, 1 picture:

Those poor, pitiful orphans, it breaks my heart just looking at them.  Jill, you fucking bitch, can’t you dress the “littles” in something decent for once! 😭

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

A view of his work area:

D8ADD990-3468-4512-907B-090A74C655A9.jpeg

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, 1 picture:

Look my hunk of a husband works  and look my kids get to hold food  eat.

• Love 9