Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Why was she standing in a LONG line? The lunch sandwich wasn't all that special. 

Hope Allen gave them a false name and phone number. 

I would bet good money he said his name was Allen Smithee and his phone number was 555-5555. 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

It's also useful for keeping the CIA from monitoring your dreams.

I was just thinking,Jill looks like one of those conspiracy theorists wearing a tin foil hat.LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Poor, poor Allen. I sincerely hope he gave her a fake name and number and was making the whole thing a joke.

Also, how is one "saved" in a few minutes while standing in line? Did Allen just shout "fine, I give up, I love Jesus!" so Jill would shut up and leave him alone and she counts that as a win?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Poor, poor Allen. I sincerely hope he gave her a fake name and number and was making the whole thing a joke.

Also, how is one "saved" in a few minutes while standing in line? Did Allen just shout "fine, I give up, I love Jesus!" so Jill would shut up and leave him alone and she counts that as a win?

Or she goes one step further, and anyone she even talks to is considered a "save."

I recently can't stand bible thumpers. What self-entitled twats. 

• Love 16

Allen, who probably spells his name Alan, likely agreed to show up at her church. When he got in his car he took a picture of the Bible tract, posted online how his shitty day got shittier while waiting in line. But is now feeling good because the folks in line called him their savior.

• LOL 18

I would so love to get a Jill to reality translation of what she means by 'Saved'. On the one hand, the woman literally grifted half a cow,so clearly she does have above average powers of persuasion, but to be able to get 3 (?) people to change their religion in an interaction in a lunch line, a laundromat and with a waitress is something else. What's really going on here? (And why do all of these apparently eager converts love in Ohio?)

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I would so love to get a Jill to reality translation of what she means by 'Saved'. On the one hand, the woman literally grifted half a cow,so clearly she does have above average powers of persuasion, but to be able to get 3 (?) people to change their religion in an interaction in a lunch line, a laundromat and with a waitress is something else. What's really going on here? (And why do all of these apparently eager converts love in Ohio?)

Oh, the thought of being accosted by hyper-shrill, plexus-stoked Jilly and her dead-eyed companion, Dully David. I wonder if the Dysfunctional Duo were looking for someone to pay for their restaurant lunch too. 

The Rods are basically recruiting for their local Church of the Big Neon Sign. Anyone who agrees to come to the church is on the "saved" Iist. If that person gives their real phone number and address, the Rods or someone else will pester them for months to have coffee or visit or come to a church service. 

My advice to people like Allen and the Lord named Daniel in the Laundromat is if people like Jill and David approach you, take their number if you want, but never, never give them any information about yourself. They will pursue you ruthlessly if they know where to find you. 

• Love 16

not sure if anyone else does this - but since active shooter training, I practice in my mind for situations,  if this happens.... I will do....  it works the same with covid. just saying the guy who aggressively hugged people in a walmart and said "i gave you a covid hug" - would have not gotten that close to me. a fast jab punch to the nose and then a kick in the balls

on topic jill or David might get the same if i met them and they were aggressive

• Love 15
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Don't forget the campsite reservation lady. Jill converted her over the phone!

• LOL 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EEEWWWWWW.  Why are we viewing their rumpled bed?

Aaaannnnd...why exactly are we praying for fruit?

Everything on the ground out in front of that place looks like a poop emoji , as well as her sandwich.

And, you two dopes, that building is not that old. We all know she toured St. Augustine, FL when mooching off the Kellers.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't think Shrek goes anywhere without his shirt pocket filled with tracts.  I feel so sorry for anyone they cross paths with.  Can you imagine the aggressive witnessing that must take place? 😒

I assume that they leave a tract rather than a tip everywhere they go.

• Love 6

I wonder how good Jill is at recruiting saving souls. If she's good, it goes like this.

You're standing in line. Blond with big teeth smiles at you. You make eye contact. Blond comes a little closer and says something about the weather, the long line, or other neutral observation. You nod. Blond compliments you on your clothing, your smile, or something personal. You politely thank her. Blond starts a conversation: What's your name? Are you from around here? Do you come to this area often? Do you know anyone in (Blond's town)? You answer. Then the blond shares about herself and her family, her charity work, her wonderful church. She knows the people in her church would love to meet you. She introduces her hunky husband, who manages to smile and nod. He pulls out a tract. Blond encourages you to take it. She also asks for your phone number and pulls out a pen and paper. She's so very excited! 

You can still back out, but it's hard now. Blond is kind, friendly, and caring. She is mirroring your responses and actions, but you may not realize it. 

If you don't respond positively, she asks if you are ill or unhappy, or lonely. She's worried about you. If you ignore her, she'll cut her losses and move on to another target.  

If she has your number, you'll soon get a call saying hello and inviting you to visit the church on Sunday. Blond's family is going to sing and play instruments. They're going to play something special just for you! You're busy that weekend, and she's disappointed, but it's OK. There's the Wednesday prayer meeting. That's even better! 

It can be hard to push back on someone like this. She's nice, and you're not a mean person. It helps to understand the approach, which some group members are trained in and may be very proficient in. Not only can understanding the process prevent unknowingly or unwillingly being dragged into an awkward group situation, it can also help you avoid buying extra services for your car or an $80 jar of miracle vitamin powder. 

• Love 16

Praying for fruit.  I like cherries and any type of berries.  Love them in my morning smoothie, Plexus free of course.

I have an excellent RBF and have also been known to get my way just by looking at people while I am thinking about what I want to do.  It’s a family trait inherited from our paternal grandmother.  Very useful in these circumstances.  The Cross, St Christopher Medal and Miraculous MedaI I wear are also great to ward off zealots.   Perhaps they are warding off fruit as well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't think Jill should be bragging about being the person who is frying her hair. She looks like the evil witch in the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Now I can hear Mortianna's filed-to-a-point claw scraping across the slate while she tells fortunes. *shudders* 

I've always thought Michelle Duggar could be a passible Mortianna. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wish Jill would tell the kids to leave frogs alone and put them back outside where they belong.It's very easy for littles to squish them too hard

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9

Oh my gosh I HATE frogs! I'd sooner touch a (nonpoisonous) snake. When my son was little he knew he could get me to flip my shit just by pretending to have a frog in his hands.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I follow a bunch of these Duggars and friends on instagram for the comedy of it. I never post or even like because I don't like and I don't want to get blocked. But life is so hard these days and JillR is the WORST. I unfollowed her and I think I'll unfollow the rest and just watch this spot for self glorifying insane posts from Duggar "friends" especially JillR.

Edited by BetyBee
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't think Jill should be bragging about being the person who is frying her hair. She looks like the evil witch in the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Or Latrine from Mel Brooks's Robin Hood: Men in Tightsrobin hood men in tights q GIF

Edited by Ohiopirate02
Double post
  • LOL 10

I absolutely loathe amphibians, but I sort of feel like toads and frog night at the Rod house might be more nutritious than a normal dinner for them. The kids would at least get some protein. 😞

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

How old is "Sammer" that he has to catch a frog and name it?  Jill's laughter throughout these videos is SEVERELY cringeworthy.

He is 15 years old.  Three of those kids are teens.  Can you imagine being forced by your mother to catch and name a frog at age 15?  I'm sure he had no choice or he'd have felt the wrath of CrazyMomma, but he was probably mortified.

14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

He is 15 years old.  Three of those kids are teens.  Can you imagine being forced by your mother to catch and name a frog at age 15?  I'm sure he had no choice or he'd have felt the wrath of CrazyMomma, but he was probably mortified.

Sammer probably doesn’t know any better, though. It’s not like he hangs out with his buddies or anything. This is all he knows. Mama said they were going to go catch and name frogs, and dammit, they were going to have fun doing it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Sammer probably doesn’t know any better, though. It’s not like he hangs out with his buddies or anything. This is all he knows. Mama said they were going to go catch and name frogs, and dammit, they were going to have fun doing it!

Yup, he's probably 15 going on 12. Frogs are fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, doodlebug said:

15.  It's been quite a year for Sammer.

Well, he *IS* the Golden Boy now that TimBits fell from grace. JillRod was not amused when photos appeared of Timmay having FUN in Wisconsin, and standing close to a GIRL. We can’t have that, so Timmay got reeled back in so fast I bet his head is still spinning. Nobody has fun without Mama’s say so. 

• Love 4

but then Timbits made a CD that they can sell and he took her on an airplane she could post about. Timbits isn't all the way out yet.

I still say her long game was pilot's license for Timothy and somehow grift a plane so she can travel like the Duggars and Bates. She only works the low grifts. Nurie marry Anna Duggars brother was her big achievement so far and no one cares

• Love 5

I feel bad for all the Rod kids, but I feel really bad for Samuel if they dynamic we're all suspecting is at work is in fact what is happening. I'm sure being promoted to Mama's New Favorite after years of being overshadowed by other siblings is pretty intoxicating, but she'll drop him just as fast as she did Tim as soon as he offends her. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel bad for all the Rod kids, but I feel really bad for Samuel if they dynamic we're all suspecting is at work is in fact what is happening. I'm sure being promoted to Mama's New Favorite after years of being overshadowed by other siblings is pretty intoxicating, but she'll drop him just as fast as she did Tim as soon as he offends her. 

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. He will “offend” her by doing something crazy like having fun without her approval. That woman is insane.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. He will “offend” her by doing something crazy like having fun without her approval. That woman is insane.

I think even just not celebrating her birthday with enough enthusiasm is enough to end up in Jill's doghouse. I feel so bad for those poor kids. 😞 

• Love 3