Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

If anyone is thinking this looks familiar:

54BB52AF-5A47-4EA1-8608-56EBA720F28D.jpeg

I'm not good with electronics. Is that round flat shaped thing a mirror?  I wouldn't put it past her if it was. 

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

That little Rod girl with her thumb in her mouth needs attention. That poor kid.

My inner horsewoman wants to give that poor kid some worm medicine.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm not good with electronics. Is that round flat shaped thing a mirror?  I wouldn't put it past her if it was. 

I think it is a screen that protects the microphone from spittle. Hard to tell if it is positioned correctly due to the angle from which the photos were taken.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I think it is supposed to be a pop shield/filter.  Basically a screen that disrupts the airflow towards a microphone to prevent/reduce "popping" caused by fast moving air impacting the microphone.  It only works if it is in a direct line between the mouth and the microphone though (which is why people with handheld mics can just hold the mic below their mouth and not direct their speech directly into it for the same effect). 

That bathroom has got to have really weird acoustics for a recording though.  Sometimes they can be great (see: Josh Groban Shower Songs)  but more often than not they are a literal echo chamber, which would be oddly fitting for Jill!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I think it is a screen that protects the microphone from spittle. Hard to tell if it is positioned correctly due to the angle from which the photos were taken.

I think the flat circle thing is a sound dampener. Similar to the little 'sweaters' that are put on some mics.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

It's a pop filter.

When you talk or sing, there are certain times when you emit a lot of air quickly -- especially when you say explosive consonants like B or P or when you say something with a lot of s sounds in it. If too much of that air suddenly hits the actual mic it can be heard as kind of crackly sounds on a recording.

Pop filters somehow manage to absorb some of the air waves you put out well enough enough so the mic doesn't register them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why does each roll of TP need its own little bucket?  That upholstered chair in the bathroom makes me cringe.  Ew.

This has driven me crazy ever since i first saw it. Especially because when you're refilling it you have to drag a new roll out of the bucket, where it's partly blocked by another bucket.....And in their house kids have to do this. It's stupid. 

However, I assume it exists because some retail chain decided they'd advertise and show it to convince shoppers that it was the new 'fashion" in bathrooms and then make a bundle because I'm sure they can charge a lot more for that whole contraption of little buckets instead of just one simple bin or bucket or box in which you could stack a bunch of rolls and retrieve them easily without fighting with the tiny shelves. So -- it was created by greed. ....Maybe here it's just poetic -- since it duped somebody who's also greedy. 

• Love 3

For Jill R, that make-up is toned down and almost normal. It's a little heavy on the eyes, but nothing like she was a few years ago or maybe even a few days ago. If you don't believe me, try to find a picture of her from a few years ago.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why does each roll of TP need its own little bucket?  That upholstered chair in the bathroom makes me cringe.  Ew.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

This has driven me crazy ever since i first saw it. Especially because when you're refilling it you have to drag a new roll out of the bucket, where it's partly blocked by another bucket.....And in their house kids have to do this. It's stupid. 

However, I assume it exists because some retail chain decided they'd advertise and show it to convince shoppers that it was the new 'fashion" in bathrooms and then make a bundle because I'm sure they can charge a lot more for that whole contraption of little buckets instead of just one simple bin or bucket or box in which you could stack a bunch of rolls and retrieve them easily without fighting with the tiny shelves. So -- it was created by greed. ....Maybe here it's just poetic -- since it duped somebody who's also greedy. 

I bet she bought it at Goodwill for a couple of bucks. Donated by someone who either (1) bought it thinking it was cute, and soon learned it was a PITA, or (2) received it as a gift and thanked the giver nicely, while thinking no way in hell am I keeping this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It's a pop filter.

When you talk or sing, there are certain times when you emit a lot of air quickly -- especially when you say explosive consonants like B or P or when you say something with a lot of s sounds in it. If too much of that air suddenly hits the actual mic it can be heard as kind of crackly sounds on a recording.

Pop filters somehow manage to absorb some of the air waves you put out well enough enough so the mic doesn't register them. 

Does Jill sing on her show too? I can just see her sitting in that upholstered chair, knees against the toilet in front of her, bursting into a rousing gospel song. There aren't enough filters to absorb that. 

• LOL 9

Hobby Lobby - I am sure sells this and it is, for whatever reason, a trend. but at least she isn't using the fashion doll heads with the crochet skirts as tp covers. sort of surprised on that since she lives in the way, way back time machine on so many things.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I think the shelf in JillR's bathroom looks like an old CD/DVD holder. With today's trends I would expect to see it, minus the pails, in a craft room, or in a nursery with carefully placed old school wooden toys.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the shelf in JillR's bathroom looks like an old CD/DVD holder. With today's trends I would expect to see it, minus the pails, in a craft room, or in a nursery with carefully placed old school wooden toys.

good observation - our grandkids are using one of our old cd racks to hold card games. it works well for that

• Love 1

The TP buckets are the only decoration I like in that bathroom. I have a wall hanging from wish that holds 3 rolls. None of my children or grandchildren are capable of replacing a roll of TP on the holder, so I gave up bought the hanging so I would quit getting upset about it.

That chair in the bathroom is just gross, though. All that remodeling and Shrek couldn't have put up a tiny studio? 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, floridamom said:

That little Rod girl with her thumb in her mouth needs attention. That poor kid.

I think that’s Sofia (?) and it breaks my heart every time I look at her.  She looks as ill as the patients at St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first is a video.......

Apparently I hate myself today so I played the video and dogs down the street started howling. I guess it’s Jill talking, but her fake sweet talk hits octaves I’m guessing are not audible to the human ear.  I feel like I need to shake my head to clear it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Going back to the "Plexus cures everything" photo:

I am 61.  I have moderate osteoarthritis in my hands.  As you can see my index finger is crooked, but oddly it doesn't hurt nearly as much as my thumb does.  I don't take anything except a turmeric supplement.  My doctor gave me Celebrex but my kids who work in healthcare told me not to take it because of the potential side effects.  I have a brace I wear when it gets really bad.  

If my fingers looked like Jill's supposed "before" photo I would literally not be able to use my hand.  Posting that kind of misleading testimonial should not be allowed.

(Excuse the watch.  I put Minnie on it to amuse my granddaughter and I don't have the heart to change it)

IMG_0538.jpg

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 8
  • Love 10

Jill loves Samuel because he does stuff like fixing things, mowing the grass, and loving the children in the family. These are things Jill can't and won't attempt herself. 

He is the best looking of the Rod boys so far, in my opinion. I hope someday he'll be able to get a suit that isn't cheap polyester with a big stain on the sleeve. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe the Rods are all in the army. I know two grown men called Timmer and JImmer. And they both claim it happened in the army. 

My dad was Army, and that sounds plausible. And much better than what some guys end up getting called. But none of these people will ever serve. They might have to obey women officers. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

"Sammer"?  

Nickname.  Many of us have them.  

The problem is that Jill is so fake that it's easy to think that she suddenly made it up when writing the post., so Samuel may or may not be surprised to find himself referred to as 'Sammy'.  I shudder to think about what (and Kaley) is nicknamed at home.

• Love 6

well Timothy is most always referenced in Jill's post as Bud. unless she is bragging about him or pretending to post as him, then he is Timothy Rodrigues

that Sammers "is at least 6' tall" made me laugh - the barndo is a construction zone and she did not have a tape measure on hand and measure him against a wall for the exact height??

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 10
39 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

My dad was Army, and that sounds plausible. And much better than what some guys end up getting called. But none of these people will ever serve. They might have to obey women officers. 

Agree. I was joking but, like Jeremy, I can't always make a joke come across that way!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill loves Samuel because he does stuff like fixing things, mowing the grass, and loving the children in the family. These are things Jill can't and won't attempt herself. 

He is the best looking of the Rod boys so far, in my opinion. I hope someday he'll be able to get a suit that isn't cheap polyester with a big stain on the sleeve. 

That suit is very outdated. Poor guy. There is a saying in Spanish that means something is older than dirt or so out of style. It used to make me laugh when my mom would say it. It comes to mind when I look at that suit. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, crazy8s said:

yep Tessie has moved up to be the next not Nurie. She turned 13 just before the grieving of Nurie's wedding and departure. Tessie will be plastered with makeup any minute now

I will be so sad when we finally (and likely soon) see Tessie caked in raccoon eyeliner and wine-red lipstick like her sisters.  She should be at the age where anything is possible, instead of having to follow the stupid horrible script her mother is writing for her.  I hate seeing her take her place in line with the Not-Nuries, even though I knew it was coming.

so phillip age barely 17 is up to be a preacher. I note no video showed the audience. so did he preach to just the rodrigues family? because Jill showed the audience when best hubby and Timothy preached.

I will say, from the little I listened to his speech, phillip seems much less....um ...impaired or whatever in speaking. nothing against the others but they have such an odd speech pattern and some almost seem to speak as if they have profound hearing deficits

• Love 6

Wow, perverted worship?  My favorite!  With a side of blasphemy of course.

Alex, I'll take False Gods for $100 please...

I know that all of the church believes the same vile crap that the Rods do, so I don't feel sorry for them that they will have to sit thru various Rodlets  practicing their preachy skills.  However, I'm sure more than a few of the parishioners probably wonder where in tarnation these fools came from.  They just aren't saying it out loud.

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

Mixed news:

So Gabby Barrett's song I Hope is no longer the number 1 country song in America. It fell to #2. The new number 1 song is Morgan Wallen's Seven Summers. Morgan Wallen is a newish country star, who had the number 1 hit Whiskey Glasses last year.  So far I think Chasin' You is his best song, but he's very popular and rising. 

However both of these songs ended very high on the all-genre chart, the Hot 100. The Billboard Hot 100 has songs from all genres including country, pop, rap, etc. Seven Summers is #6 in America across genres and I Hope is #10. It wasn't that high on the Hot 100 even while being #1 on the country chart. Billboard has complicated formula for calculating hits and rankings and people are often confused and annoyed by the way the charts are set-up. Basically popularity in a genre doesn't guarantee where a song lands on the Hot 100. A top ten hit is still a big deal.

• Useful 5

I actually hopped out of bed to write something about Phillers🤓. Managed to listen to a few seconds of his painful ramblings.

He doesn't know the difference between country and continent, have conveniently forgotten Australia (yay), has never been to any other country or continent, yet he thinks with just one wide general swipe, he knows what they do?

Boy, you have zero knowledge about anything Biblical. Your education is sorely lacking and frankly, I'm surprised you can even write, seeing as you are "educated" by herself, the Monster from hell.

HOW does this pass as preaching? Why is the bar so terrifyingly low in those kind of Churches?

All the Rodlets speak like they are mentally deficient or hard of hearing, it's so strange. What has Timbits done to fall from grace so hard, as he's currently not Mama's favourite?

Edit, oh dear fucking goodness, his caterwauling (aka "singing") and breaking down in tears is just something elese

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

What has Timbits done to fall from grace so hard, as he's currently not Mama's favourite?

Nobody knows for a fact, but it seems to have been building for awhile after he left home. There were a couple of times that Jill posted passive-aggressive shit about him not remembering her birthday or Mother's Day or some variation of that. It's not clear if he stopped caring enough to grovel or if she decided to stop "rewarding" him with acknowledgement of the effort as punishment for something else he did.

Also, based on some stuff that was posted on Reddit (?) awhile ago, we've speculated on here that Jill may have thought Tim was going rogue when he was in Wisconsin. Specifically someone had posted a picture of Tim with a group of people and his arm around a girl. It wasn't clearly obvious that they were a couple, but he seemed happy and looked the most normal I've ever seen him look. The person on Reddit claimed Jill broke up the relationship and made him come home. I don't know if that is true, but I could see her not being at all happy about the situation, even if the girl was just platonic friends with him. So, maybe she was concerned he was becoming too "worldly" and I wouldn't put it past her to be angry about her child being happy about a situation she couldn't control. In any event, he apparently returned home, and even though she promoted his CD for him, I do think she's been pretty chilly with him compared to how she was before he left home. 

• Love 9

Jill posted a long time ago that Tim was the most rebellious of all the kids growing up.  She's probably always been worried he'll go rogue. Especially since fundies place special emphasis on first-born sons. 

• Love 3