Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I feel bad for all the Rod kids, but I feel really bad for Samuel if they dynamic we're all suspecting is at work is in fact what is happening. I'm sure being promoted to Mama's New Favorite after years of being overshadowed by other siblings is pretty intoxicating, but she'll drop him just as fast as she did Tim as soon as he offends her. 

Well, there's also Phillip, the geography-challenged preacher-in-training, so he's another kid on his way. Jill seems to be advertising the boys right now. The girls got the t-shirt gig (because the shirts were free), but I doubt Jill wants to promote them so close to Nurie's departure. It takes an army to dust all that tackiness in the barndo. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Sammer aka twig had his first gym class! Yay! Does Jill ever not record the kids? Put the phone away SLUTZILLA. Her brain definitely turned to mush from all the social media. How I hate her and DIM BULB husband.

• Love 7

Man, that frog video....JillR's voice was so annoying and quite fake. I don't think underneath it all, she really likes any of her children. There is no need for a parent to  sound fake with their children. I don't buy that she gives a real damn about any of them, really. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Man, that frog video....JillR's voice was so annoying and quite fake. I don't think underneath it all, she really likes any of her children. There is no need for a parent to  sound fake with their children. I don't buy that she gives a real damn about any of them, really. 

JillR doesn't care about them in the way she should. They are trophies of quiverfull and anti-choice, they garner sympathy for grifting and are her army for God. Nothing she does is for her kids, its all for her.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Good morning.......

03B3B0C3-69A5-49CA-82C8-32317CADCA56.jpeg

YES. It's clearly the "joyome" that's anti-aged your skin and not the 14 Instagram filters you've applied to your face. 

Too bad she couldn't filter out the filth from under her fingernail. 

ETA: 

They're all filthy:

1272041116_ScreenShot2020-08-31at7_57_57AM.png.ce9a95925147e0775ac48623d80b5e90.png

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Isn't that considered false advertising?

It's certainly bad advertising.  The dirty nails along with the Barbie plastic face aren't going to win many customers for whatever the he** Joyome is.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Jill is missing out on her biggest opportunity that's right under her nose.....she needs to pull Sammer and Tessie out of the starvation nation and present them as the next Donny & Marie - fundie style!  Those two won the looks lottery.  Plus, I'm just impressed because the odds of winning are so low!  

Ugh....now I've probably given old loony-tunes an idea......  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

The Maxwells wrote a post about a big change they've made. They've started attending a "normal" church.  Steve already desired to get the family into a "normal church" before the shutdown. The unusual church they had was a nursing home where once a week Steve and his family would hold services led by Steve. They already were attending evening services where the pandemic hit. The nursing home won't let them in or hold services during pandemic, so they've stopped that altogether. 

"For our married children who were with us at the retirement home church, Nathan and Melanie are currently attending the same church we are. Christopher and Anna Marie need to stay home because of Anna Marie’s lack of immunity because of her chemo. John and Chelsy have found a Baptist church they like in Platte City."

And possibly the biggest news of all married sons Jesse and Joseph commute home for Sunday lunch with the family from Kansas City. It was already known Jesse had an appartment in Kansas City. Now Joseph, Elissa and their kids have moved away from Leavensworth to Kansas City. Both Jesse  and Joseph work at the family IT company Swift Otter. Before the move Joseph lived less than a mile from his dad in his debt-free house. I wonder if the new house is bigger or smaller. These are big changes for a family so isolated. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The unusual church they had was a nursing home where once a week Steve and his family would hold services led by Steve.

It was an assisted living place so the residents had more autonomy than a skilled nursing facility.  I'm glad something happened to get them out of "leading" the residents, but I'm sorry for the residents that they are now so shut in.  

That's exciting news that another son has moved out of the neighborhood.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

she needs to pull Sammer and Tessie out of the starvation nation and present them as the next Donny & Marie - fundie style

Then they would outshine her, which can’t be allowed. She’d probably insist on being part of the act. She’d certainly insist on being the financial “manager,” and on keeping them under her control in every possible way. I don’t know if it would be good for S and T. But they might make enough money to feed all the kids regularly, which would be an improvement in all of their lives. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And more modern hair!

And, strictly on a comparison of the photo of this doll vs. Jill's recent filtered-to-hell pictures, it also looks more lifelike. What the doll looks like in "real life", I couldn't say, but it certainly looks rather disquietingly realistic.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And, strictly on a comparison of the photo of this doll vs. Jill's recent filtered-to-hell pictures, it also looks more lifelike. What the doll looks like in "real life", I couldn't say, but it certainly looks rather disquietingly realistic.

I've never seen one, but I'm curious. Some have articulated metal skeletons and cost in the seven to nine thousand dollar range. 

I looked up Plexus Joyome. The ingredients are nothing special, but the stuff costs about $100 a month for the evening serum and the morning serum. I'm sure the expensive vitamin drinks make it work even better. For that kind of money, I'd hope to look more like the doll than like Jill, whose hair seems to be thinning.  Poor Sidney Dingus is going to have to sell a lot of cows to keep the Plexus train chugging along. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Genevrier said:

Then they would outshine her, which can’t be allowed. She’d probably insist on being part of the act. She’d certainly insist on being the financial “manager,” and on keeping them under her control in every possible way. I don’t know if it would be good for S and T. But they might make enough money to feed all the kids regularly, which would be an improvement in all of their lives. 

I think they have plenty of money to feed their kids. They use food as a way to control them.

Jill needs to stop posting pictures and videos of other people's children. The girl in the LOVE shirt doesn't look at all happy with Jill.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 8

Is there a reason for Mr & Mrs Rod to be standing front and center, singing, at a Youth Rally, which someone else appears to be leading?

And really JillR, the surprised look, when the camera pans to you, when we know you were the one filming.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Anytime Jill is singing in a group, she waits for the camera to get to her and then leans in and grins with all her teeth and makeup on full display. She does this even if the event has nothing to do with her. Unless she has one of her trained older daughters with her, she's the only person who tries to mug for the camera. David just keeps singing.

In the youth event video, the camera operator didn't get the memo. On the second pass, the camera moved past Jill too quickly and missed the bottom of her face. It looks like she motioned the camera person back to her so she could wave and have the final frame. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells wrote a post about a big change they've made. They've started attending a "normal" church.  Steve already desired to get the family into a "normal church" before the shutdown. The unusual church they had was a nursing home where once a week Steve and his family would hold services led by Steve. They already were attending evening services where the pandemic hit. The nursing home won't let them in or hold services during pandemic, so they've stopped that altogether. 

"For our married children who were with us at the retirement home church, Nathan and Melanie are currently attending the same church we are. Christopher and Anna Marie need to stay home because of Anna Marie’s lack of immunity because of her chemo. John and Chelsy have found a Baptist church they like in Platte City."

And possibly the biggest news of all married sons Jesse and Joseph commute home for Sunday lunch with the family from Kansas City. It was already known Jesse had an appartment in Kansas City. Now Joseph, Elissa and their kids have moved away from Leavensworth to Kansas City. Both Jesse  and Joseph work at the family IT company Swift Otter. Before the move Joseph lived less than a mile from his dad in his debt-free house. I wonder if the new house is bigger or smaller. These are big changes for a family so isolated. 

I read the latest Maxwell blog twice and also read the comments. Teri explained that Joe and Ellissa have been attending church in Kansas City for years. 

But unless I misread it, they haven't actually moved to KC.  Still attached to the Maxhell Borg!

I really hope this new real church will give the unmarried sisters the chance to meet people their ages.  Especially men!  Hopefully there is an active young adults group. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is there a reason for Mr & Mrs Rod to be standing front and center, singing, at a Youth Rally, which someone else appears to be leading?

And really JillR, the surprised look, when the camera pans to you, when we know you were the one filming.

Leave the kids alone, Jill!  Go home and let your kids "fellowship" with other kids without your meddling!

Also, I despise the way Jill has to always sing louder and higher than anyone else.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Good morning.......

03B3B0C3-69A5-49CA-82C8-32317CADCA56.jpeg

How she can possibly think that she’s beautiful here? (And she does think that, I guarantee it.)  She’s posted videos of Girl’s Night Out, and they’re on the town square listening to a gospel/bluegrass band.  There were several folks sitting around listening to the music.  I wonder how many of the townspeople have heard about JRod and her clan?  Gossip typically spreads fast in a small town, and I would love to hear what the word on the street is regarding Lunatic Jill.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos:

Those are really meaningful songs and I find it offensive that she’d use that opportunity to grin and film and draw attention to herself.  I’m not even a Christian anymore and I can’t imagine being that rude and disrespectful during a service. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Those are really meaningful songs and I find it offensive that she’d use that opportunity to grin and film and draw attention to herself.  I’m not even a Christian anymore and I can’t imagine being that rude and disrespectful during a service. 

She thinks it’s totally appropriate to video during church services.  She does it a lot. The fact that she has no idea about what’s appropriate and what’s not just proves that she truly is batshit crazy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I read the latest Maxwell blog twice and also read the comments. Teri explained that Joe and Ellissa have been attending church in Kansas City for years. 

But unless I misread it, they haven't actually moved to KC.  Still attached to the Maxhell Borg!

I really hope this new real church will give the unmarried sisters the chance to meet people their ages.  Especially men!  Hopefully there is an active young adults group. 

FJ went sleuthing and found Joe sold his house, but he could still be living closer to home. 

• Useful 5

I hate to post three times in a row, but this is too big not to announce. Carolina Bowers Bontrager had the baby.

Carolina Bowers Bontrager and her husband Carson Bontrager have a new baby. They have 2 girls. 

Jemima Virtue Bontrager joins big sister Jubilee Katherine Bontrager! She was born August 27th.  JemimaBontrager

It's unclear if they plan to do all J- names. Her sister Cassidy Bowers Bontrager has 2 boys Wallace and Winston, but has said they aren't necessarily doing all Ws.

Carolina and Cassidy are the oldest two Bowers siblings. They now have four children between them and the only grandchildren for the Bowers family. (Some of the brothers visited the Duggars recently.) All of the Bowers children have C- names. Carolina, Cassidy, Charles, Carver, Christian, Crockett, Chapman, Campbell, and Crosby. (Youngest Crosby Virginia is the only other girl.)

Carolina's husband is the fourth Bontrager child. His oldest sister is Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell. He has an older brother Mitchell and a second older sister Allison who recently married Jeremiah Helferich.  His next youngest brother is Joshua who is married to Carson's wife's sister Cassidy. 

The Bontragers now have 7 grandchilden. Jubilee Bontrager is the oldest, because she's older than double 1st cousin Wallace by one day. Jubilee and Wallace are 2 years old.  Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell has 2 boys Axton and Elliot.  Winston, Elliot, and Jemima were all born this year.  Mitchell and his wife Bryn are expecting their second child in December. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Oh my Lord. JillRod posted a "Remembrance" video about Nurthan. Music sounds funeral-y. Somebody please tell Jilly that Nurie is NOT dead?

Apologies to anyone actually watching this. I got through about 30seconds before I noped out.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh my Lord. JillRod posted a "Remembrance" video about Nurthan. Music sounds funeral-y. Somebody please tell Jilly that Nurie is NOT dead?

Apologies to anyone actually watching this. I got through about 30seconds before I noped out.

Ok wut??? I didn’t watch, but who makes a remembrance video for a living person?????

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ok wut??? I didn’t watch, but who makes a remembrance video for a living person?????

And commemorating a wedding that happened just a little over a month ago?  That's the sort of thing people play at the funeral home during the wake or at the 50th Wedding Anniversary party.

• Love 17

JillR is so histrionic as well as having to be part of everyone's events to the point of intrusion. I'm not sure if it was before of after JillR's memorial service for her living severely paralyzed sister Amy, that she was asked to stop her weekly, then monthly, blog posts about her.

I won't be surprised if JillR posts weekly 'updates' on Nuri & Nathan HER daughter. Even when its not about her, JillR makes it about her.

• Love 14