Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, Genevrier said:

I honestly wonder if Nurie even menstruates. She is SO thin. 

The isn't that thin.  She'd need to lose quite a bit of weight to get into the zone of it affecting her hormone production.  She's about the size of many young women her age on the just below normal weight.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why are they singing so high? Its been a few years since I heard that song, and is one of my favorites, but I don't remember it being sung at such a high pitch. 

Probably they think women should sing high. Or it's prettier when they do. But then the singing is flat, so they not even hitting the notes they're trying to hit. They can't sing that high anyway. I know quite a few women who could. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe the boys' bedroom is the back left, the girls' bedroom front left, the kitchen/ dining room where the 1st garage door and window is and the master bedroom/broken up checkered floor rooms behind the kitchen/dining room.

The piano area is in the back of the workshop.

ISnmvp146imoac0000000000.webp

I didn't realize the low roof part was that deep, so there's more in that space than I thought.  (Maybe not enough for what's stuffed into it, but more than I thought.) I only remember seeing the building from the front, which makes the raised roof side look much wider.  @GeeGolly, you are probably right that the living space is all in that part except for the living room/laundry/printshop. 

I'm confused about the entryway designed for SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy's wheelchair. One end of that hall has a door at the right that opens into the kitchen near the pantry.  It's clearly visible. A window in the hallway, maybe at the other end, was covered to make shelves for Jill's collections. The entry might be where the first garage door was, but where was the window that was covered? 

• Love 1

from the barndo listing though the top says 2bed 1 bath and 3200 square ft but the rest says this

Do you need a great property for a home business without restrictions Look no further--1300 sqft two large bedrooms/one bathroom property with a large living room and kitchen combo. Owner has made many upgrades on this Barndominium with tons of room for the hobbyist or work-at-home office and warehouse. Store your boats, classic cars or four-wheelers in the large workshop 1200 sqft bay area with a 12' overhead door. This is a flexible building using "post frame" construction. Enjoy privacy and beautiful views on your 1.51 acre of peace and quiet. Look to the future-- this area is surrounded by newer homes and bucolic farmland. Just minutes to Wooster--take a look and make a lifestyle change.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from the barndo listing though the top says 2bed 1 bath and 3200 square ft but the rest says this

Do you need a great property for a home business without restrictions Look no further--1300 sqft two large bedrooms/one bathroom property with a large living room and kitchen combo. Owner has made many upgrades on this Barndominium with tons of room for the hobbyist or work-at-home office and warehouse. Store your boats, classic cars or four-wheelers in the large workshop 1200 sqft bay area with a 12' overhead door. This is a flexible building using "post frame" construction. Enjoy privacy and beautiful views on your 1.51 acre of peace and quiet. Look to the future-- this area is surrounded by newer homes and bucolic farmland. Just minutes to Wooster--take a look and make a lifestyle change.

Thanks for posting that. That's what I remembered about the building. There were IMO three "areas": (1) the area finished as living space which they quote as 1300 sq. ft; (2) the higher-roofed shop area in the back with that high garage door which they say is 1200 sq. ft.; and (3) that large finished room with the checkerboard tile floor which would account for the other 700 sq. ft of interior space for a total of 3200.

The big finished room would be easier to remodel into smaller rooms because it already had a ceiling, etc., and I think the shop/warehouse space was much less finished and with a higher roof, but they would probably want more than 1900 sq ft of finished living space to house all their kids Jill's tchotchkes. So it wouldn't surprise me if they've somehow expanded out into the shop area.

ETA: after seeing the photos I see the shop isn't exactly "in the back" but at the side. I may have looked at this structure on Google earth and thought the shop was at the back based on that. Oh well.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

They should have bought a barn for David’s print press/office space.

I think they had a separate space for the shop in West Virginia. David probably doesn't like to go out in the rain.

The dining area leads into a bedroom, the boys' room, I believe. I know the kitchen can be entered from a door on the left. The laundry/caterwauling area has a window and must be along the side of the high roof building. 

Why would a living space have a garage door in the middle of it? This is just the oddest place. I think the appeal was "home business without restrictions." The Rods like the idea of no restrictions, so this isolated warehouse was an attractive choice.

The kids probably get a weekly allotment of showers and toilet flushes, but at some point, the septic system will give up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Who is that woman in the photo? Is she a stock image? Is she the person who said that?

Jill could be reacting to anything. For all we know, this is about Jana Duggar wearing pants. Or some young lady wants to  be a doctor, or wants to fly planes, or any of the multitude of things only men do, according to Jill.

• Love 4

The woman playing the piano turned around to the girls and asked “Do you want more?” and the brunette daughter snottily says “Yes”. Cold as ice.  I guess Mamma says they are so wonderful keep singing all night.  Love the woman with the dog.  Fundie with a heart for animals.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why would a living space have a garage door in the middle of it? This is just the oddest place. I think the appeal was "home business without restrictions." The Rods like the idea of no restrictions, so this isolated warehouse was an attractive choice.

every time I read the description of the property and get to this part "Owner has made many upgrades on this Barndominium with tons of room for the hobbyist or work-at-home office and warehouse. Store your boats, classic cars or four-wheelers in the large workshop 1200 sqft bay area" my mind adds or your children.☹️

• LOL 12
27 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I suspect the Rod kids aren’t very nice just like mommy. I bet the older ones try to convert people too.

I'd bet money on that. I'm sure Timmy was VERY popular at his colleges, even if they are religious schools. Plus he's creepy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'd bet money on that. I'm sure Timmy was VERY popular at his colleges, even if they are religious schools. Plus he's creepy. 

and at his first school he had that pic of mommy over his bed and a teddy bear

• LOL 8
On 9/12/2020 at 7:34 PM, GeeGolly said:

So is that card from Amy in response to JillR crying to her about "losing" Nurie? And did she really tell her paralyzed Fundy sister who likely can not have more kids (or pleasurable sex) that she are Nurie are doing it like rabbits hoping to conceive? 

JillR needs to open up her Bible. I'm sure there's a passage or two in there to tell her to shit down and shut up.

I love this typo. How apt for such a full-of-it-woman. That is all. 🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I think my post came across pissy, and I'm sorry for that.  You're right that people trying to tell you how to feel and think is aggressively annoying.  I see and hear people telling me how awful my faith is every day and it makes me tired too.  

I just felt that the previous comments about the Rod kids being obviously terrible were a bit harsh.  They are kids, even the oldest ones are quite young.  Plus with their upbringing they honestly have no context or understanding of the way they come off.  I feel sorry for them, not hate.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

For me, attempts to convert people are insulting. I'm forty years old, I'm an atheist and have read more of the bible then they have. Certainly more than a child parroting what their parents tell them has. They act like we aren't constantly being exposed to christianity in America. People like Jill treat it like a competition to save the most souls and it's not about the people, it's about how good it makes her feel.

Exactly.  These ambush encounters are all about Jill and by extension her kids.  It's quantity not quality.  A short one-sided conversation is not really going to change someone's heart or mind.  Shit like that takes time, trust needs to be established, and for Pete's sake both parties need to be able to speak freely.  

• Love 10

With Jill, it’s also about how she can show off to other people. In her posts about “saving” people the focus is always on her, not the person she saved. It’s never “thank the Lord that Bob was saved today at the good Olive Garden” but “So blessed that I was able to being Bob to the Lord.”  Tells me all I need to know about Jill.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I just felt that the previous comments about the Rod kids being obviously terrible were a bit harsh.  They are kids, even the oldest ones are quite young.  Plus with their upbringing they honestly have no context or understanding of the way they come off.  I feel sorry for them, not hate.

I agree that it's harsh and probably unfair, but at what point do we hold them accountable for their actions? And even if they're brainwashed, I still don't want to the kids anymore than I want to listen to the adults.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Another space in the barndo to figure out in the floor plan. 

Jill and David certainly have a lot clothes for modest people with eleven kids who are always crying poor and serving crap to their kids and guests. Even if some of these are used clothes, they took time, money, and effort to acquire. Note the matching huggable hangers and manly looking storage bins too. Wonder which daughter has maintaining the parental closet on her chore chart. 

Now we know where the gift teddies reside. More kindling on the wall too. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Another space in the barndo to figure out in the floor plan. 

Jill and David certainly have a lot clothes for modest people with eleven kids who are always crying poor and serving crap to their kids and guests. Even if some of these are used clothes, they took time, money, and effort to acquire. Note the matching huggable hangers and manly looking storage bins too. Wonder which daughter has maintaining the parental closet on her chore chart. 

Now we know where the gift teddies reside. More kindling on the wall too. 

I actually know two families who had house fires from lights in their closets. One family lost their entire house. Part of the reason they did was because they lived in the boonies and water had to be brought in. The other family lost two rooms off the back of the house, in addition to smoke and water damage. Thank goodness, no one was hurt by either fire.

• Useful 1

I have certainly never thought about any closet as the "first one we have ever owned"  and if I ever "own" a walk in closet it will most emphatically not have a lamp with a lamp shade with a quote about the lord, on a random cabinet next to a shelf of stuffed animals.

and @BradandJanet good luck figuring where that fits

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Jill Dillard drinking liquor made the news in the Daily Fail today, and I started thinking:  I would love to be a fly on the wall the first time JRod runs into Boob and MEchelle somewhere and tells them, “I’m so sorry about Jill.  We’re all praying for her.”  Because she is definitely stupid enough to do it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

Who is that woman in the photo? Is she a stock image? Is she the person who said that?

Jill could be reacting to anything. For all we know, this is about Jana Duggar wearing pants. Or some young lady wants to  be a doctor, or wants to fly planes, or any of the multitude of things only men do, according to Jill.

I'm guessing it's a stock photo.

The woman in the pic has long hair and isn't dressed slutishly.Nothing to snark on there

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Wonder which daughter has maintaining the parental closet on her chore chart. 

I wonder which one had to iron all of Shrek's ugly-ass, short-sleeve dress shirts. God knows it wasn't his wife.

It looks like he went to someplace like Ross's that sells outdated clothes for cheap and bought one of each color of the shirts with the black band on the sleeves. I wonder if he's responsible for picking out the boys' clothes. They never look as bad as the girls.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 video, 1 picture:

I haven’t ever had the stomach to listen to her talk before!  My, what a terribly fake, affected voice she uses. It seems so effortful. No wonder the kids have an odd speech pattern. 

• Love 9