Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SMama said:

SGirl is eleven, in sixth grade and working on a more challenging project for finals. She is constructing a replica of a Mesopotamian Lyre, including a research paper on its origins, uses, etc. What the heck kind of university assigns such elementary school level assignments? I wonder about the teacher’s (notice she did not write professor) credentials.

I would have thought she might write Professor Teacher, like Neurology Doctor.

• Love 16

Jana shouldn't be involved in this mess. She was never officially involved with this man.  The Duggars had him in their home and he ate dinner with their family. I don't remember him being a jerk about not being involved with Jana, but he did seem interested in his five minutes of fame.  I think he should be referred to by the press as a "friend of the family" and not Jana's alledged anything. 

• Love 24

💙 He is literally one of the most hard working modern day people I know!       (Jill Rodrigues on son Timothy)

Bad homeschooling strikes again. How many people does Jill know who are not "modern day"?  Wouldn't those people be dead?

The junior high clock painting matches the Rodrigueses' decor, but why not at least put some kind of frame around it?

• Love 23

Just to refresh our memories, here's what Caleb Williams posted about the Jana rumor. .... It's mostly neutral-sounding, I guess. And rumors bandied about like that are clearly annoying when they're about you, I'm sure ... But at the same time, I think if somebody had ever publicly responded to a rumor about dating me with "Read my lips...I am not dating Churchhoney," I would have felt a smidge insulted....I mean, the "Read my lips" isn't a necessary part of that statement. "We're not dating, just family friends" would do fine, seems to me. And who ever says "Read my lips" without some anger or umbrage of some kind? Which does throw a bit of shade at the other person, seems to me....

Anyway, here's what CW posted about the Jana rumor -- .... 

https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/209776/jana-duggars-rumored-boyfriend-caleb/210411/fans_arent_ready_to_let/3

image.thumb.png.54e36f67f41f17aee403909d95a4e296.png

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Aren’t they really saying that women have all the true power, if the men aren’t able to resist them?

Yep. But they choose to believe that it's satanic power, apparently.  ;  )         I mean, they're women. It has to be satanic, right? ha That damn Eve and all her daughters who follow after. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Aren’t they really saying that women have all the true power, if the men aren’t able to resist them?

That's what is so fucked up about all this. The men are poor little helpless creatures that can't help it, so the only thing to do is to punish the women for it. Never occurred to them that they're the ones with the problem and that they're the one who should control themselves. Bullshit!

It's always about men controlling women's body and sexuality for their own gain. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Yaaay!!  For Marjorie.  She really dodged a bullet with her former beloved.  

JillR has reached a whole new level of stupid.  Who refers to their child as a "modern-day person"?  As opposed to what?  A pilgrim?  And because she has to put Jesus into every single thing, she mentions Tim's mountains pointing upward to Heaven.  If a mountain didn't point up, it would be a valley.  Dipshit.  The thought of her teaching her children is just frightening.  Once again, she's bringing down the curve for the entire country.

I think it's part of the same dogwhistle as the "motherhood ought not to be despised" thing in the Jingle (and Jer) message about motherhood the other day. Modern-day people are most of us in the now evil world who are lazy, spit on mothers, etc. etc. While the the Duggs, Vuolos, Rodrigui, etc. are the tiny tiny remnant of true Christians who are upholding the old traditional values and living as they ought -- covering female knees with leggings and/or pillow slips and all that. And they recognize each other through these little stupid phrases -- We are in the "modern-day" world but not the hellbound masses who are of it! We are not among the hellbound masses by whom motherhood is despised! 

Etc. 

h/t to @Jeeves for the dogwhistle theory. 

6 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Did we ever learn what the Maxhell word of the week was?

Looks like it was "purpose." Some of our astute colleagues said that, if I remember correctly. Don't remember who, though. Good call, however. 

https://articles.titus2.com/purpose/

PURPOSE

This was posted on November 21, 2018 by Steve Maxwell.

We each have a need for purpose, which is no surprise since God created us that way. What is your experience with people who know that they know their purpose in Christ and live it? Don’t their days have meaning and direction? Aren’t they energized by it?

If the Lord’s will isn’t our purpose in life, mankind turns to the world. Therefore, may we live and breathe to do the Lord’s will and bring Him glory. “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him” (Colossians 3:17).

The Lord bought us with the most precious substance, His blood. We are His. He is to be the focus and very purpose of our lives. “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” (1 Corinthians 6:20). Jesus embodies this with the Father.

To focus on His will gives us meaning and direction. He is our leader and the full Authority directing us (BTW, we are commanded to live under the laws of the land). He will use our every minute according to His good and perfect will if we will let Him (read choose it).

“Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” (Hebrews 13:20-21).

Ste

• Love 4

As crappy as Timothy's clock looks, I know I did some lame ass projects my freshman year of college. Hell, I was a special ed major and I did some equally crappy projects beyond my freshman year. My roommate was a National Merit Scholar and she took ice skating one semester as an English major. His art skills might be lacking, but who knows what the real idea was behind the assignment or how he presented it. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

As crappy as Timothy's clock looks, I know I did some lame ass projects my freshman year of college. Hell, I was a special ed major and I did some equally crappy projects beyond my freshman year. My roommate was a National Merit Scholar and she took ice skating one semester as an English major. His art skills might be lacking, but who knows what the real idea was behind the assignment or how he presented it. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

I give him a break as well.He seems like a nice kid,considering the way he was raised by his narc mom and non working dad.And the lack of a real education he's had.I wish him the best

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I give him a break as well.He seems like a nice kid,considering the way he was raised by his narc mom and non working dad.And the lack of a real education he's had.I wish him the best

And it's very possible he's never painted before. Or hasn't painted since he was 8 or something.  They might have had some kind of class where you had to express yourself or even express yourself in a way you'd never tried before --  about your feelings regarding God's beautiful creation or something. And a non-artist trying to convey feelings on a clock face about those pointy mountains around Spokane, the likes of which he may never have seen before?....That would have been entirely too tough to capture in anything like a skilled way for a neophyte...

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Looks like it was "purpose." Some of our astute colleagues said that, if I remember correctly. Don't remember who, though. Good call, however. 

https://articles.titus2.com/purpose/

PURPOSE

It was "purpose"????  Didn't he say that old people don't have it?  Am I remembering correctly?  Because I'm old and my life definitely has purpose.  What a jerk!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 23

Hey Duggar Fam...you might want to rethink your life choices considering one family member, one person that you let hang out with your your damn kids and the leader of your religion have all been accused of sexual assault. What the hell is wrong with these morons?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Why is this poor child having to wash all the dishes when there is a DISHWASHER right next to him???

The dishwasher may be broken or it could be the good China that cannot be put in a dishwasher. Yeah, I doubt it is neither but that's all I can think of 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

It was "purpose"????  Didn't he say that old people don't have it?  Am I remembering correctly?  Because I'm old and my life definitely has purpose.  What a jerk!

My sentiments exactly! 

53 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Hey Duggar Fam...you might want to rethink your life choices considering one family member, one person that you let hang out with your your damn kids and the leader of your religion have all been accused of sexual assault. What the hell is wrong with these morons?

It was the fault of the so-called victims? .... And it was all part of God's plan, anyway? 

That's what their religious leader tells them. 

14 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Why is this poor child having to wash all the dishes when there is a DISHWASHER right next to him???

Jill R: Oh, is that what that thing is? 

• Love 5
On 12/18/2018 at 10:11 AM, tabloidlover said:

i’m a little concerned that this was a college project....   is he in pre-college classes?  I’m SO confused!

I have zero artistic talents. I could not even paint that. Good job Timothy. It’s a fundie college so he probably got an A.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

💙 He is literally one of the most hard working modern day people I know!       (Jill Rodrigues on son Timothy)

Bad homeschooling strikes again. How many people does Jill know who are not "modern day"?  Wouldn't those people be dead?

The junior high clock painting matches the Rodrigueses' decor, but why not at least put some kind of frame around it?

I think she means "he is as diligent as the pioneers of yore, who chopped down wood and pounded all the clothes on rocks working from sunup to sundown".

• Love 12
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think she means "he is as diligent as the pioneers of yore, who chopped down wood and pounded all the clothes on rocks working from sunup to sundown".

I think she may also be comparing him to other young people of his generation. Jill has no idea what kids of Tim's generation are like except what she hears in the fundie media where they are all slackers, having wanton sex, using drugs and having abortions for entertainment but that wouldn't stop her from looking askance at them.

When Jill says Tim is one of the most hardworking modern day people she knows, there's an implication that she knows other hardworking people who are not from modern times.  Of course, folks of Jill's religious persuasion are always harking back to days of yore and proclaiming people back then to have been morally superior in every way, even though there is plenty of evidence that they weren't. Since I don't think she is capable of time travel and since she is younger than me, I would chalk it up to her very inadequate homeschool education.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21
On 12/18/2018 at 7:11 AM, tabloidlover said:

i’m a little concerned that this was a college project....   is he in pre-college classes?  I’m SO confused!

Looks like someone discovered Bob Ross reruns.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

he's (a) a male doing chores, which is a positive; (b), I like his cheerful attitude and work ethic, so for his sake I gave an upvote.

And they're not killing the environment with a bunch of styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery, so I think this is a win for Jilly.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That would be wasting money on electricity that would better be spent on manicures. Free labor rules. 

Yah. I agree. However, the special occasions I was thinking of were her birthday, and, of course, Mother's Day. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I think the whole photo was staged.  The dishes are not only lined up perfectly, but they're bone-dry, not a drop of water on them. The towels they're resting on are dry, there's no water splashed on the counter and even though the faucet is running, there doesn't appear to be any water in the sink. Jill took the dishes out of the cupboard, arranged them on the counter, grabbed the first kid she saw and put a pair of rubber gloves on him. She's trying to show how her whole family bands together to share the workload, how they're just so happy and cheerful when they're doing something to help Mama and how she runs a neat, clean, well-organized home, despite what the haters say. She's also trying to make the point that she feeds her kids a BIG dinner every night.

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think the whole photo was staged.  The dishes are not only lined up perfectly, but they're bone-dry, not a drop of water on them. The towels they're resting on are dry, there's no water splashed on the counter and even though the faucet is running, there doesn't appear to be any water in the sink. Jill took the dishes out of the cupboard, arranged them on the counter, grabbed the first kid she saw and put a pair of rubber gloves on him. She's trying to show how her whole family bands together to share the workload, how they're just so happy and cheerful when they're doing something to help Mama and how she runs a neat, clean, well-organized home, despite what the haters say. She's also trying to make the point that she feeds her kids a BIG dinner every night.

If this is true that means she is also teaching her children to lie.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

You're absolutely right.  I hadn't noticed that at first.  No dripping water, no silverware, no glasses, no pots or pans.  She staged it to "prove" she feeds her kids.  And, we all know, she'd never feed them nearly enough to require bowls AND plates.  

She's getting crazier.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 13

How does JillR successfully make all her kids look like bobbleheads on all her photos? So taking the photos from above and at such an harsh angle! It's like her goal in life to make her kids as awkward as possible.

That second photo, though. The middle girl looks like she's about a foot tall. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Sophia, the stunted child in pink, has her big toes sticking out of her holey tights.  I can remember that myself and it's such an uncomfortable thing.

She’s also got pretty good natural arm positions.  

Too bad she’ll probably never be allowed to TAKE ballet classes, and instead must ‘play’ it.

• Love 13

That little girl in pink looks like her body is wearing a head that is too large.  Is it the perspective, or does she really have a really large head?  I personally know a woman who is of short stature and has a larger-than-normal head, and she looks out of proportion just like this.  Unfortunately it is the first thing you notice about her.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

That little girl in pink looks like her body is wearing a head that is too large.  Is it the perspective, or does she really have a really large head?  I personally know a woman who is of short stature and has a larger-than-normal head, and she looks out of proportion just like this.  Unfortunately it is the first thing you notice about her.

Is it because your head doesn't shrink when you're starved? 🤔

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Is it because your head doesn't shrink when you're starved? 🤔

Proportionally prepubescent children (who haven’t reached their adult height) have larger heads than adults. And yes when one loses and gains body fat your face slims but your skull doesn’t shrink (same reason very obese people appear to have tiny heads). Certain types of dwarfism cause a different head/body ratio than found in average height persons. 

The children are thin, and they are children- combined with the awful angle I think that’s why their heads look large. 

• Love 3