Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Something tells me it was all Mama's idea to have little ballerinas to photograph.  Is there a Pinterest site with ideas for photographing children?  I would guess there is--maybe that's where Jill got the idea for the dishwashing photo-op as well.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, NotFundie said:

She staged it to "prove" she feeds her kids.  And, we all know, she'd never feed them nearly enough to require bowls AND plates.  

It's not working. I noticed there are only 2 dinner sized plates, the rest are salad sized. So, with all those boys, only 2 lucky people in that family get to eat a full-sized meal. I wonder which two...

If the little girls "wanted" to play ballerina, why do they look so uncomfortable and unhappy? I just don't see them wanting to spend their day snuggled up to their mama. Anytime they're within close proximity of her they look semi-terrified.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

It's not working. I noticed there are only 2 dinner sized plates, the rest are salad sized. So, with all those boys, only 2 lucky people in that family get to eat a full-sized meal. I wonder which two...

If the little girls "wanted" to play ballerina, why do they look so uncomfortable and unhappy? I just don't see them wanting to spend their day snuggled up to their mama. Anytime they're within close proximity of her they look semi-terrified.

Jill's kids always look anxious and eager to please in all their photos.  Makes me think Mama isn't too kind if the photo session doesn't go as planned. None of them look happy to be posing for a photo, they do look like they're afraid.

All of Jill's younger kids are kind of unfortunate-looking. Even if they were well fed and photographed from a proper angle, those little girls would not be beauties.  Nurie and the next girl (the one nobody remembers) could be attractive if Jill let them style their hair, makeup and clothing from this century; but even Tim is kind of odd looking.  I presume it is the dark Portuguese coloring of David mixed with whatever Aryan strain Jill brings to the table that gives them their off-coloring; they all look a bit jaundiced in almost every picture.

ETA: I noticed Jill buys brand name dish detergent in the smaller bottle.  I buy the biggest bottle of Target's brand; works just as well, but much cheaper.  And, unlike Jill, I don't have a dozen kids at home and I have a real job with an actual paycheck.  I just don't see the point of wasting money on stuff like that.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21

The Rodriguez children do look thin. There’s nothing wrong with being thin or petite, I am not body shaming thin/small people (humans come in all sorts of shapes and sizes) but it’s odd to see people that young look so FRAIL even when they are thin. They look frail in the way that elderly people look when they lose a lot of weight, not as if they are healthy people who are just petite. 

• Love 22
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Churchhoney said:

Yep. But they choose to believe that it's satanic power, apparently.  ;  )         I mean, they're women. It has to be satanic, right? ha That damn Eve and all her daughters who follow after. 

Yes, the endless unnamed daughters in the bible.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, McManda said:

How does JillR successfully make all her kids look like bobbleheads on all her photos? So taking the photos from above and at such an harsh angle! It's like her goal in life to make her kids as awkward as possible.

That second photo, though. The middle girl looks like she's about a foot tall. 

My cousin's wife takes all her pics like this because they apparently make you look thinner - bad choice for a JRod child.  So all of our pics together we have big heads and very short legs.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

ETA: I noticed Jill buys brand name dish detergent in the smaller bottle.  I buy the biggest bottle of Target's brand; works just as well, but much cheaper. 

I bought a smaller bottle once. Then I bought a huge bottle to refill it as necessary. It’s too expensive to keep buying those smaller bottles. 

Since they seem to rarely really eat, they probably use the cheapest dish washing stuff and she bought the smaller bottle for her staged photo. 

• Love 4

Sierra has a series of live videos on her Instagram stories where she offers a "tutorial" on how she curls her hair. Personally, I think the curls she wears are as hideous as the Duggar curls, and her hair is about a foot too long, but she comes across as really quick witted, self-aware, yet with knowledge of things outside of herself and her circle, and fun to be around. Maybe Jill cpuld take personality lessons from her?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7883D13D-6A0C-4B82-BA01-61F908E19184.jpeg

Wow, sleep, well balanced meals and exercise might be folks' first choice, rather than finding a quick fix in the vitamin aisle. JillR better be careful because she sounds a bit like she's enticing folks to buy the drugs she sells.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The 18 pregnancies made her tired, not the 12-13 children she should be caring for? Mkay. 

Reminiscent of Meeechelle (and JB of course), wouldn't you say? Their entire focus is on running up their personal numbers. The hell with what happens to the kids after that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
On 12/19/2018 at 2:48 PM, toodles said:

Looks like someone discovered Bob Ross reruns.

No , Bob Ross' method was totally different. Tim has seen pictures of mountains and he got paints and I think one brush.  Bob Ross' method used a palet knife and would look different. For fun, my sister, my mother and I tried following along. Three different styles but, none looked like Tim's.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

No , Bob Ross' method was totally different. Tim has seen pictures of mountains and he got paints and I think one brush.  Bob Ross' method used a palet knife and would look different. For fun, my sister, my mother and I tried following along. Three different styles but, none looked like Tim's.

Plus, I think he was also trying to reproduce what he saw on the Spokane skyline. Mountains come in so many different shapes, and I remember being struck by the fact that there are a lot of very pointy peaks around there. You'll see a whole series of them in places, which you don't necessarily see in every mountainous area. Since Tim's new to that area, I expect those pointy mountains made an impression on him, too. So he tried to capture that specific view to share with the folks back at home -- or to share as part of whatever his class assignment was. Ross painted pointy mountains, certainly, but I think Tim had plenty of reason to paint pointy mountains all on his own in this case. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Are we talking about this? Another Duggar adjacent---Caleb Williams---was arrested for " In both, Caleb is accused of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, a Class 2 Felony. The first charge alleges that he “committed an act of sexual penetration” with his finger against a victim between the ages of 13 and 17. The second charge is for “an act of sexual penetration” with his penis against the same victim. "

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-is-caleb-williams-the-duggar-family-friend-arrested-for-assault/

The Duggars have had so many "friends" getting arrested for this type of stuff, or similar stuff, that I haven't kept count of how many we're up to now. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Are we talking about this? Another Duggar adjacent---Caleb Williams---was arrested for " In both, Caleb is accused of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, a Class 2 Felony. The first charge alleges that he “committed an act of sexual penetration” with his finger against a victim between the ages of 13 and 17. The second charge is for “an act of sexual penetration” with his penis against the same victim. "

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-is-caleb-williams-the-duggar-family-friend-arrested-for-assault/

The Duggars have had so many "friends" getting arrested for this type of stuff, or similar stuff, that I haven't kept count of how many we're up to now. 

I believe I saw it mentioned a few pages ago in the Lonely Js thread because for two hot seconds this guy was identified as a potential courting partner for Jana. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

It's discussed on the Lonely Js a bit and also on this thread, starting somewhere on p. 295 or thereabouts.... .Seems to have left most of us kind of speechless. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

It was discussed if you go back a few pages. The two incidents actually happened a year or two apart, so it seems likely this person was young.  It does seem quite like they know quite a few people (4 or 5?) like this, although probably everyone knows somebody (a friend of friend type thing). The Duggars however try to limit their acquaintance to people who are Godly enough. 

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The 18 pregnancies made her tired, not the 12-13 children she should be caring for? Mkay. 

Every time I read that opening line about 18 pregnancies leaving her tired I keep thinking "Well, I have a cure for you Jilly and it's not expensive --- STOP GETTING PREGNANT!!!"  

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Normades said:

Every time I read that opening line about 18 pregnancies leaving her tired I keep thinking "Well, I have a cure for you Jilly and it's not expensive --- STOP GETTING PREGNANT!!!"  

But... how else would anyone know how Godly she is? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill has framed photos of her pregnant self on the wall? Like who does that?

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Probably Jessa.

You have me wondering if Michelle does that too. I can just see her going from picture to picture showing people who come visit her house and get confused when people ask if they have any baby pictures.  "No silly they are all of me. We probably have some of JB around here but the rest are all me, me and me."

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

For the children's sake, I'm hoping someone grifts the Rod family a nice Christmas dinner. 

More importantly I hope that the children get to fill their plates and get full bellies. (Meaning JillR doesn’t freeze the food for her husband and herself for later dates). 

• Love 10

It really stands out to me that in the post from Tim, he didn't even bother to mention how grateful he is to the person who provided him the ticket so that he could return home.  Apparently, manners is just another course that is not taught at the Rod SODRT.  These people are such ungrateful trash.  It's sad. but even though Tim was raised by Jill, I think he's old enough and had enough experience to at least show some gratitude to that sucker, I mean person.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Normades said:

It really stands out to me that in the post from Tim, he didn't even bother to mention how grateful he is to the person who provided him the ticket so that he could return home.  Apparently, manners is just another course that is not taught at the Rod SODRT.  These people are such ungrateful trash.  It's sad. but even though Tim was raised by Jill, I think he's old enough and had enough experience to at least show some gratitude to that sucker, I mean person.

Lack of manners is not exclusive to the Rodriguii or to fundies in general. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Normades said:

I usually think when some other family member besides JillRod is claiming to post on the Rodriguii social media that it is actually Jill. Obviously the photo is Tim's, but maybe he sent it to Jill. Then again, Jill would probably write something that tells how much Tim wants to get home to her or how he spent what little money he has buying something ridiculous for her. So it could be Tim that actually posted, but I am always very cynical when it comes to Jill.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I think it depends on the situation.  If Tim has thanked them privately, then the gifter doesn’t really need a social media shout out.  For a gift that large, I would hope Tim would have sent a handwritten thank you note.  

I do agree Jill probably wrote the post though.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 8

New blog post from Jill Rodrigues: (I’m just posting a few of the pictures)

The last 2 1/2 months and Merry Christmas!

Posted on December 28, 2018 by Rodrigues Family

It has been a CRAZY busy last 2 1/2 months! Let us fill you in with what has been going on with us via posts and pictures. Love to you ALL and we hope you all had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and that your new year is prosperous. **Remember, the ONLY thing that matters concerning what we do with our lives, is what we do for Christ. When we bow before Him someday, we will wish we had given Him more! With Care, The Rodrigues Family 

Our travels began the middle of October with about 3 weeks of traveling. Our first meeting was in PA near our old stomping grounds of where we used to live in New York right before we moved to WV. 

LOVED meeting one of my most loyal FB followers here. – Ruth Carpenter.  

While there, what a TOTAL joy it was to have my WONDERFUL and generous Aunt Val come and visit us in Pennsylvania- which was fairly near where she lived.   She took us out to eat and spent the whole day Saturday with us! She is a gem and I am honored to call such a SPECIAL lady my aunt!   Jill 

What a GREAT last week it was at Elkdale Baptist Church! We LOVE you guys and are honored to have met such great, new friends! 

Thank you for everything and for your hospitality and delicious food you served us day after day! 

Until Next Time, The Rodrigues Family

We LOVE serving Jesus together and besides God and my husband, my girls are my BEST friends!!

While in the area… Sometimes I just need to reminisce. Although the memories bring an ache to my heart…of childhood memories gone by at dear old Grandpa and Grandma’s house…it is well worth re-visiting those nearly perfect memories. 

On Monday night, these wonderful friends of ours (in New York) had us over for dinner. How can I describe such great friends that we go back with nearly 20 years. They have ALWAYS stood behind our family and our decisions and we have gone through adult life together…whether near or far apart. Anderson Family, thank you! We love you and your precious children. The food was delicious! Our love and appreciation, The Rodrigues Family 

Pressing on to the next church we sang at in VERMONT! This is a note from the Pastor posted on FB….

“Our missions revival begins in just less than one hour! The Rodrigues family are here! So excited!” -Pastor Daniel Anderson 

We SERIOUSLY LOVE these folks! We consider them some of our DEAREST and TRUEST friends!!

With some children at the church.

I was SO excited! My son Phillip (15 yrs.) who has a DEEP love for God and a PASSION for righteousness, had an opportunity to preach in Vermont for the 1st time! 

What a JOY it was on our way home from this trip, we got to visit my sister and family.   I got to meet my new nephew Chapman for the first time! 

“Angie, I love it when we get to nurse together, go to church together, laugh together, embrace, agree in God’s Word together, clean together, train our children together, and just simply share life together as sisters.   You are refreshing to me and thank you for your hospitality towards our large family. Of course, you have 8, so God is blessing you with a big family also!”   Love Forever, Jillie (your sis)

P.S. I simply LOVE your new home! It is GORGEOUS!  

At the tail end of our trip to Pennsylvania and Vermont, I turned 40!! Yikes! New hairdo for my 40th birthday – pictured below. Do you like? Hmmm, I am not sure I like the sound of 40! However, I LOVE this phase of life…with grown children, teens, and babies. I LOVE my family! My family spoiled me rotten and I feel like the MOST blessed lady on the face of the earth!   
Sometimes you just have to stop everything…the busyness of life, work, etc. And just PLAY with your children. Soak in the moments, for they grow far too quickly!   I love my children more than life itself and I am SO blessed God gave them to me!  

Speaking of children… Below is the Plexus X-Factor Children’s Chewable Multi-Vitamin! You should SERIOUSLY order some today and help your children be the HEALTHIEST they can be!!

Benefits and Facts….

*Gluten Free
*Non GMO
*Vegetarian
*No artificial ANYTHING!
*4 BILLION active cultures for gut and immune health
*Effective and AMAZING ingredients!
*Support healthy immune and digestive system
*Support growing bone, teeth, and muscles
*Supports healthy brain function

You can order some from my Plexus website at- www.plexusworldwide.com/jillrodrigues https://plexusworldwide.com/jillrodrigues

What a JOY it is having Kevin & Amy & their 6 children & the Foster Family live here in West Virginia now. It is a BLAST when we all get together.

BTW, Amy and Betsy are my “uplines” in Plexus and they absolutely LOVE Plexus and are faithful in taking it EVERY day! *Notice my NEW Plexus sweatshirt that my wonderful daughter Nurie bought me for my birthday!

I LOVE spending time with these godly ladies! Amy (as always) is my hero! Betsy is due for her 4th baby any day now . Amber just had a precious baby boy- Moses (Nurie is holding him in the photo below) this past September. Ladies, I LOVE you all!

We voted in November! As a Christian, it is our responsibility to make SURE we get out and vote!

Absolutely LOVE having God’s people over for fellowship. These dear folks (LePage Family) are missionaries to Guernsey.

Hope you all had a thankful Thanksgiving!  
It’s pumpkin cookie decorating time!   Yum! Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!  

Olivia. All she wanted for Christmas was her 4 front teeth. LOL.   (Just kidding. She got a realistic baby doll and accessories.) 

*BEFORE and *AFTER pictures of our back patio. We got it done JUST in the nick of time for Thanksgiving. We had a small crowd this year for Thanksgiving…only 34 people were here. LOL. (For us, that really is small.)

Thank you, Babe, for all your hard work to get this done. I LOVE you! -Jilly

I am so proud of my Phillip. On his VERY first day of hunting EVER, he got a deer! It was small, because earlier he (by mistake) scared off a 6 point buck.   So, he was determined to get the next deer that came. It was this little one.   He was SO excited! It dropped dead in its tracks. “Good shot, Phillip!”  

I am a tender heart when it comes to animals. That is why David doesn’t ever take me. LOL. He is afraid I would shout a warning to the deer. LOL.   However, we love deer meat and are thankful! 

Total, we have 3 deer in the freezer. (David got one also and we had a friend give us one.)  

Memories from when everyone was here for Thanksgiving!   It was a JOYOUS time!  

*Check out these ADORABLE dresses Angie made for her two little girls – Azalea and Amity.  Aren’t they beautiful?! 

Also, the guys LOVE to play card games.

These 2 cousins (Olivia and Callista) are both in need of teeth. LOL.  

Can’t believe our little Sadie is already 5 years old!   We had fun putting on this “Cinderella” birthday party for her.  
Happy 5th birthday, Sadie girl. Daddy and Mama love you more than you will ever know! 

We got a REAL Christmas tree. SUCH a cozy family night! Do YOU have any Christmas traditions that you do each year?

I hosted an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I had a lovely group of neighbors and friends come. These were some of the ladies present.   We had a great time!   Check out these cute sweaters. 

Merry Christmas!!

All About Janessa…

7 months old…

8 months old…

Can’t believe this little cutie is already 8 months old! She is doing AMAZING and creeping all over the floor!

We ADORE her and are abundantly blessed to have her in our lives!  

We had another appointment today with Janessa’s Neurologist Pediatric Specialist Doctor. He carefully examined her and continues to see NO areas of concern.

He said his only concern is the MRI results (from right after she was born) in how her brain is malformed and some of it is damaged (due to in utero stroke…they think). Also, she is missing her corpus callosum…the part of the brain that connects the left and right sides of the brain. These issues often cause seizures, developmental challenges with motor skills and also speech/academic learning skills, etc.

However the doctor said that in SOME cases you don’t notice anything wrong! Well, guess what? That describes our MIRACLE Janessa! She is doing AMAZING!

The doctor does not need to see her for a whole YEAR now and he told us the next “hurdles” for Janessa to overcome, are walking and talking.  She already babbles a lot and copies our word sounds. To he honest, she seems further ahead than some of our other children did at her age. 

When SO many people are suffering, what do you do when you receive such INCREDIBLE NEWS?! You lift your hands to Heaven to glorify our WORTHY Saviour! A God that is STILL in the miracle working business! A God that answers prayer! A God that is SO deserving of our praise…through the good and the bad.

Thank you, Jesus!   I am BEYOND grateful to your goodness to us in SO many ways…but especially in the case with our precious, little Janessa! 

Although we are VERY thankful for the TOOL of social media to promote our ministries, this below poem is a GOOD reminder NOT to let it control our lives and distract us from serving Jesus and to win souls for Christ!

Poem written by our good friend and “brother in law” (of sorts) – Steven Foster. What a blessing and powerful reminder!

Look Up!!

We look at our phone, and stare at a screen, but is it known, what this could mean?

While Facebook has your eyes, and you’re focused on the one who texted you, you might not realize, you’re missing the one who’s next to you.

It’s time to admit, we’ve lost control,
or we can just sit, watching it take it’s toll.

Staring into a screen, as life passes you by, 
oh what a sad scene, it’s happening you can’t deny.

It’s time to look up, and put down the phone, before we have to drink the cup, of all the seeds we’ve sown.

Look at the one, beside you, and never let your phone, hide you.

Life is so precious, and goes by so fast, 
please don’t forget this, for it soon will be past.

Look up today, and see who’s around you, and soon you will say, I’m glad I looked up and found you.

We need to look up at the faces walking by, and show them love before we die.

We need to look all the way up to the One who can save, for He made a way to live beyond the grave.

Look up, look up, and call on Jesus, 
for only He, can truly save us.

By Steven Foster

LOOK UP!!

All About Timothy….. 

We left him in Washington State for College back in August. He has been gone from us now for over 4 months. These are the SPECIAL things that happened while he was away. (P.S. He JUST got back for Christmas! Yeah!)

When your son is at work and sends you this picture (this is an “I LOVE YOU” sign in American sign language)…well, it makes me cry. I am SO blessed!

When you get a card in the mail (like the one below), well, you weep with JOY and THANKSGIVING! We are blessed parents!  We LOVE and miss you, Timothy!   -Mama 

Yesterday, I cried and cried and cried…because this beautiful delivery came to me from my wonderful son Timothy. (See below)

He is paying his own way through Bible college and has to be VERY careful with his money to be able to pay all his bills. YET, he saved and scraped together enough money to do this for me. It just blessed me SO much that the tears flowed!  

Timothy, God is going to DEEPLY bless your life, because you have greatly honored us- your parents. We love you and are SO pleased with your godly choices! My Love and DEEPEST Gratitude, Mamma xoxoxo

Timothy was not able to be with us this Thanksgiving, but we look forward to him coming for Christmas! God provided (through Timothy’s prayer partner-who had flight points) for him to fly home for Christmas. Hallelujah!

Love and miss you, Bud. Hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving at your college and career Pastor’s house. You were sorely missed here. Love you

I am SO proud of Timothy. <3 He finished his final week of college for this semester and he has had to study SO hard for all of his final exams!   He has worked SO hard to pay his way through this first semester totally debt free! <3 He is literally one of the most hard working modern day people I know

**Check out this clock that Timothy painted and made from scratch for an assignment at college.  The teacher said to make something that points us upward. Timothy thought of making a clock…reminding us that time is fleeting and to use our time wisely for God. He painted mountains that point towards Heaven. <3

Bud, you did a beautiful job and I am SO honored by your godly choices! <3 Love, Mama

As you embark upon the New Year of 2019, don’t forget to seek God’s blessing upon ALL you do. In Christian Love, The Rodrigues Family

P.S. What taking a righteous stand (in the Name of Jesus) results in… (posted below). YET, what an HONOR it is!

Luke 6:22
“Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.”

Mark 13:13
“And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

Matthew 24:9
“Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.”

This is what we should do with it though… 

Matthew 5:43 & 44
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”

Sometimes we feel we stand alone, but then God reminds and comforts us with His remnant. It is an HONOR serving Jesus! 

-The Rodrigues Family

BDF22F7F-9A22-46EB-86E4-48E8C71A30BA.jpeg

964FA52C-4AEF-4FB3-B0FD-F89E1AAE32CB.jpeg

0E42B367-FE8B-461F-841E-00904C703933.jpeg

B756B3D5-2813-4367-9BAF-B2EDFA5B429F.jpeg

06DA5DF5-4FAE-43CE-868D-4616343BDBDD.jpeg

63F1FD76-62E2-41E0-8FD7-F035030B074E.jpeg

• Love 5