Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 7/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, diadochokinesis said:

Wow, she is one of the few that can wear yellow. It is such a hard color to wear!

People with darker skin tend to look pretty good in yellow. One of my weirdo pet peeves, nothing to do with you, is these grand pronouncements about certain colors being hard to wear. No one ever seems to consider that there are some skin tones that look perfectly lovely in these "hard to wear" colors. Perhaps the super pale woman doesn't look that great in yellow, but Lupita Nyong'o or that Indian-American actress, Reshma Gajjar, in La La Land look fantastic in yellow.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

People with darker skin tend to look pretty good in yellow. One of my weirdo pet peeves, nothing to do with you, is these grand pronouncements about certain colors being hard to wear. No one ever seems to consider that there are some skin tones that look perfectly lovely in these "hard to wear" colors. Perhaps the super pale woman doesn't look that great in yellow, but Lupita Nyong'o or that Indian-American actress, Reshma Gajjar, in La La Land look fantastic in yellow.

What an interesting post!  Thanks, HH, for sharing this. I am definitely going to start looking into this to see what colors would suit my skin tones. I have a difficult time shopping for clothes!! 

Edited by Happy Camper
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Yeah, I should have specified white women. Unless you have olive skin, it is really hard for a white woman to wear yellow. There are some exceptions (Michelle Williams' mustard-y Oscars gown) but in general, white women really have a hard time with yellow. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Yeah, I should have specified white women. Unless you have olive skin, it is really hard for a white woman to wear yellow. There are some exceptions (Michelle Williams' mustard-y Oscars gown) but in general, white women really have a hard time with yellow. 

I think a lot of people forget color tones too. I'm a Black woman; warmer tones tend to look better on me. Whites with that blue-ish undertone look terrible on me. Winter whites and creams look great. Bethenny's skin tone is a little more olive, which makes it easier for her to wear yellow. There was a period where she wore a ton of pink. Those blue-ish pinks did nothing for her, but she looked great in those dusty rose colors.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think a lot of people forget color tones too. I'm a Black woman; warmer tones tend to look better on me. Whites with that blue-ish undertone look terrible on me. Winter whites and creams look great. Bethenny's skin tone is a little more olive, which makes it easier for her to wear yellow. There was a period where she wore a ton of pink. Those blue-ish pinks did nothing for her, but she looked great in those dusty rose colors.

I take after my pale German-Irish side and look like death warmed over in yellow. I'm neither cool nor warm. I'm really a neutral (normally reddish hair with green eyes that tans which is always since I live in Dubai). I look great in green and gold/pumpkin colors. Mine is more the depth of a color. Being pale, I look better in a stronger color. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, film noire said:

This might be helpful as a guideline as to which colours suit you:

https://anuschkarees.com/blog/2013/09/24/colour-analysis-part-i-finding-your-type

As far as that guideline, there was a YT vid that did a good job. She said to look at your wrists. Do your veins tend to be greenish or blueish? If greenish, you're probably warm toned and blueish probably cool. There are also the lucky neutral people. I def look better in cool tones.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

As far as that guideline, there was a YT vid that did a good job. She said to look at your wrists. Do your veins tend to be greenish or blueish? If greenish, you're probably warm toned and blueish probably cool. There are also the lucky neutral people. I def look better in cool tones.

Gah - mine are blue/green.  My Mum's were deep purple.  I bought her pajamas & a robe a few years ago, and she told me how much she loved the purple in the pattern.  I told her I chose that pattern because the purple matched the veins in her hands.  She laughed like a loon.  ;-)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Gah - mine are blue/green.  My Mum's were deep purple.  I bought her pajamas & a robe a few years ago, and she told me how much she loved the purple in the pattern.  I told her I chose that pattern because the purple matched the veins in her hands.  She laughed like a loon.  ;-)

Ha! -- she sounds cool ; )

Purple is the same category as blue, iirc -- and when veins or hair color or eyes are confusing (blue eyed & peachy-skinned, say) there's also burning vs tanning (cool versus warm) and which metal suits you best, silver versus gold (also cool vs warm). 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, film noire said:

https://anuschkarees.com/blog/2013/09/24/colour-analysis-part-i-finding-your-type

Thanks for the link.  I'm a summer/cool.  And yep, the colors they showed are the colors to wear, including the pale yellow.  I do like myself in yellow but it has to be the right pale yellow. 

Put me in coral or an orange shade and  I look in the dressing room mirror and say no girl, it still doesn't work on you.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, film noire said:

Argh. I remember my mom had the seasons book for make-up and clothes that was originally published in the 70's. My mom is a Summer. I'm naturally a Winter (pale skin, hair is naturally almost black, but my eyes are a yellowish green and I tan) but I tend to lean more towards neutral than cool (although I joke that I become a cool in the summer when I'm outdoors because I get so hot and sweaty). I look really good in corals and olive greens but I also look good in some of the cool tones (purples).

• Love 2

White blonde girl here. In my younger days, when I wanted a day off work, the day prior I would wear pale yellow, minimal makeup and curtail my normally bubbly self. I would be asked if I was ok, say I'm not feeling well, and voila...next day- unsick day. Love yellow!

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I would be asked if I was ok, say I'm not feeling well, and voila...next day- unsick day. 

Ha!  

1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

Winter (pale skin, hair is naturally almost black, but my eyes are a yellowish green and I tan) 

Wow, that's a striking combination (love deep brown/black  hair-- my best friend has that and it's such a gorgeous colour). I think using the seasons is a good guideline to get familiar with colours you may not know look good on you, more than a hard and fast rule. I'm a pale skinned, blue eyed summer blonde who also looks good in certain saturated colors (deep greens, purples, navy) and --the real joker in the pack! -- khaki.  (What?)  Any hint of orange (dominant or undertone) makes me look like a yellow fever victim.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, film noire said:

Ha!  

Wow, that's a striking combination (love deep brown/black  hair-- my best friend has that and it's such a gorgeous colour). I think using the seasons is a good guideline to get familiar with colours you may not know look good on you, more than a hard and fast rule. I'm a pale skinned, blue eyed summer blonde who also looks good in certain saturated colors (deep greens, purples, navy) and --the real joker in the pack! -- khaki.  (What?)  Any hint of orange (dominant or undertone) makes me look like a yellow fever victim.

I can't wear khaki or beige. Anything too close to my skin tone is just bad. But I don't wear pale pink well either. I need a more saturated color. 

My hair is no longer almost black. I dye it blonde now due to being so heavily gray (I started going when I was in high school and it was really noticeable with how dark my hair was).  I love the combination of my natural hair color with my pale skin but I hate the regrowth line so I started going lighter about 6 years ago or so. I've joked that I'm going to dye my hair gray since that is the in color now and then just let it go since my hair isn't really gray but a pure white under all the dye). 

• Love 4
On 7/13/2017 at 11:38 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I'm really a neutral (normally reddish hair 

13 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

hair is naturally almost black,

3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I dye it blonde now due to being so heavily gray 

Diado, I can't keep up. You, like the rings from long ago, apparently have mood hair. 

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

• Love 1
12 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Diado, I can't keep up. You, like the rings from long ago, apparently have mood hair. 

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

LOL. I've been married 10 years and my husband jokes that I have had around 10 hair colors. I've done crayola red, auburn, blonde, black, various shades of brown, and purple.  I get bored and so I change it up. So, my hair was blonde until I was around 9 or so and then it went to dark brown/almost black but started going gray in high school. I started dying my hair around 20 or so. The current color is a light brown base with allover golden blonde highlights which is actually not what I told the salon (I wanted a light blonde similar to Julianne Hough) but the hairstylist screwed up and dyed my hair chocolate brown with white highlights so I had to sit in a bleach bath for 20 minutes just to get it to the light brown. I'm going to go to a different salon to get them to fix it. Finding someone who can dye hair blonde in the Middle East is an ordeal. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, bagger said:

Does NY get better ratings than the OC? I ask because their thread seems to die down much quicker and have less activity.

NYC is behind Atlanta, New Jersey, OC, Beverly Hills.  Atlanta is the most popular and has much less activity than OC, NYC and BH.  I think the NY ratings are up this year.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

NYC is behind Atlanta, New Jersey, OC, Beverly Hills.  Atlanta is the most popular and has much less activity than OC, NYC and BH.  I think the NY ratings are up this year.

Thanks! Was curious as to how little activity there was and how little interest it elicited from me when reading through.

I was thinking of watching the OC this year.  A couple of folks I know have given up on it.  I am surprised that NYC is still holding my interest.  I don't even hit BH like I used to.  And I bailed on Atlanta years ago.

• Love 1

Ok, I had to go over to All Things Housewives to look.  So OC and BH seem to be trending down.  OC just started their new season so that might change.  NJ does ok but I admit it's not what I thought it would be.  NYC is trending up and almost the same as OC right now.  But Atlanta?  Atlanta is killing them all.  Seriously better numbers.

Trouble in paradise?

Hmmm, there was a slap in a restaurant.  So one source here is a server in a restaurant.  The rest of it, any of us could have written.  I'm guessing it's his current side piece.  Maybe Mindy?  Interesting because Page Six gets it right more often than not.  And the fact that this hit PageSix has to be really humiliating for Luann.  I do picture Ramona dancing about like she did when the kissing photo came out.

• Love 7

Page Six is really going out on a limb with the claim that Luann slapped him in public.  The rest of the stuff about them fighting and being unhappy is much more subjective, but the slapping part is hardcore.  That is quite an assertion to make about someone.  I think they must have a pretty reliable source to actually *print* that. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Page Six is really going out on a limb with the claim that Luann slapped him in public.  The rest of the stuff about them fighting and being unhappy is much more subjective, but the slapping part is hardcore.  That is quite an assertion to make about someone.  I think they must have a pretty reliable source to actually *print* that. 

Yeah, it seems rather odd.  It seems like one of Luann's cast mates actually wrote it! lol  Seriously, though., I was pulling for Lu's marriage to work.  I mean, she's gotten so much flack by the ladies.  I'd rather see them proved wrong than her.  And, I"m not even a Luann fan. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I was thinking of watching the OC this year.  A couple of folks I know have given up on it.  I am surprised that NYC is still holding my interest.  I don't even hit BH like I used to.  And I bailed on Atlanta years ago.

I gave up on the OC once I watched a few episodes with Kelly. Unbearable. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, I had to go over to All Things Housewives to look.  So OC and BH seem to be trending down.  OC just started their new season so that might change.  NJ does ok but I admit it's not what I thought it would be.  NYC is trending up and almost the same as OC right now.  But Atlanta?  Atlanta is killing them all.  Seriously better numbers.

but oh so trashy!!  i just can't watch it

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Page Six makes up worse shit all the time.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Hmmm, there was a slap in a restaurant.  So one source here is a server in a restaurant.  The rest of it, any of us could have written.  I'm guessing it's his current side piece.  Maybe Mindy?  Interesting because Page Six gets it right more often than not.  And the fact that this hit PageSix has to be really humiliating for Luann.  I do picture Ramona dancing about like she did when the kissing photo came out.

I cannot find the part about it being witnessed by a server.  Is there another story?  The ones I have read are per the usual just quoting the Page Six item.   Who is Mindy?

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Page Six makes up worse shit all the time.

As far as a good gossip item goes two important elements are missing-when and where.   At least with the Bethenny item there was a who, what, when and where.  I find when items are missing two of the four as to time and place, it is usually because

My prediction is if Luann gets asked Wednesday night on WWHL, she will say something stupid about lover's quarrels and give rise to the article.  She just can't help herself when she attempts to cover all bases. 

• Love 4

I cannot find the part about it being witnessed by a server.  Is there another story?  The ones I have read are per the usual just quoting the Page Six item.   Who is Mindy?

That's were P6 gets a lot of their gossip.  They pay pretty well.  All the servers have the number to call.  So the article says slap in a restaurant so I guess a server.  As some have pointed out that nugget is actionable if it's not true.  So P6 has a receipt for it.  I see that the Daily Mail has actually said a server but that's the Daily Mail.

Mindy/Missy

• Love 4

It's very easy to believe that Luann is already experiencing marital issues given what we know firsthand about Tom, however, the slap seems like a stretch mainly because Luann is listed as the culprit. She is so aware of her environment and cares a great deal of how things 'look' through the looking glass so for her to lose her temper enough to do that seems unlikely to me (though not impossible - perhaps she was too pissed off to care about where they were). Luann strikes me as someone who will always try to maintain a happy face about her relationship regardless of how bad it is. She's also someone who's willing to put aside differences for the sake of simply being cordial, even if no friendship can really be salvaged. So all in all, she seems like someone who doesn't like to confront conflict.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's very easy to believe that Luann is already experiencing marital issues given what we know firsthand about Tom, however, the slap seems like a stretch mainly because Luann is listed as the culprit. She is so aware of her environment and cares a great deal of how things 'look' through the looking glass so for her to lose her temper enough to do that seems unlikely to me (though not impossible - perhaps she was too pissed off to care about where they were). Luann strikes me as someone who will always try to maintain a happy face about her relationship regardless of how bad it is. She's also someone who's willing to put aside differences for the sake of simply being cordial, even if no friendship can really be salvaged. So all in all, she seems like someone who doesn't like to confront conflict.

It does seem crazy that she slapped him in a restaurant, but not any crazier than Tom making out with a gal at The Regency with all of those witnesses. Maybe she wanted it to get reported. They will start filming in October, so it's a nice way to get a jump on the next season while contracts are being discussed....

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I cannot find the part about it being witnessed by a server.  Is there another story?  The ones I have read are per the usual just quoting the Page Six item.   Who is Mindy?

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Could have been a server, or other folks in the restaurant who were just trying to enjoy a meal. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's very easy to believe that Luann is already experiencing marital issues given what we know firsthand about Tom, however, the slap seems like a stretch mainly because Luann is listed as the culprit. She is so aware of her environment and cares a great deal of how things 'look' through the looking glass so for her to lose her temper enough to do that seems unlikely to me (though not impossible - perhaps she was too pissed off to care about where they were).

.... or she was shitfaced. 

6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It does seem crazy that she slapped him in a restaurant, but not any crazier than Tom making out with a gal at The Regency with all of those witnesses. Maybe she wanted it to get reported. They will start filming in October, so it's a nice way to get a jump on the next season while contracts are being discussed....

I put nothing past these women when it comes to making sure they hang onto their Apple.  But what a shameful way to go about it, if true. 

But I guess Luann is too old to fake a pregnancy scare and it's too soon for a vow renewal, so goin' upside Tom's head might be considered a reasonable option. It's not like the viewers are in love with the guy and would hate her for doing it, lol. 

• Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I put nothing past these women when it comes to making sure they hang onto their Apple.  But what a shameful way to go about it, if true. 

But I guess Luann is too old to fake a pregnancy scare and it's too soon for a vow renewal, so goin' upside Tom's head might be considered a reasonable option. It's not like the viewers are in love with the guy and would hate her for doing it, lol. 

There are on average 5 --10 kids born to mothers over 50 every week in the US. About a quarter of those births are to women over 55. However, LuAnn can't fake a pregnancy because her tubes are tied. Her mom reminded her of that when she had her bullshit pregnancy storyline with Jacques.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Could have been a server, or other folks in the restaurant who were just trying to enjoy a meal. 

I'm trying to find a plausible story for Luann to release through her publicist.

There was a moth and when she went to flick it out of their way, she accidentally brushed his face with her open palm. When she said I caught you you son of a bitch...she was talking about the moth not Gentleman Tom

giphy.gif

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Unless the storyline (as in the week's episode) has to do with complaining about unwanted publicity on Page Six at the hands of Ramona or Sonja.  Seems like someone connected with the show may have placed a very vague and yet timely item to get a little more publicity for Page Six.

My money is on Ramona because she just had a piece about her misbehaving in the Hamptons.  It also has the weird rushed wedding stuff-they were engaged for 11 months-not days or weeks. 

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

That's were P6 gets a lot of their gossip.  They pay pretty well.  All the servers have the number to call.  So the article says slap in a restaurant so I guess a server.  As some have pointed out that nugget is actionable if it's not true.  So P6 has a receipt for it.  I see that the Daily Mail has actually said a server but that's the Daily Mail.

Mindy/Missy

Servers may be where Page Six gets a lot of their gossip but the article didn't say it was a server.   I believe it a bit of a reach that anyone is interested in filing charges against Luann based on an item in a gossip site.  For a criminal charge you need little things like date, time and place when the alleged assault/battery occurred.  I guess the Daily Mail has taken down the reference to a server  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4702492/LuAnn-Lesseps-union-Tom-D-Agostino-Jr-rocks.html as it does not appear in this story-which essentially just quote's the Page Six story.

Most establishments such as hotels and restaurants do not want their staff picking up extra change reporting gossip items about their patrons.  I am not saying it doesn't happen, just that it is a negative for the establishment.  If I am an A list celebrity and I hear the gossip items flowing from the establishment comes from their staff-I would steer clear. 

• Love 3

I believe it a bit of a reach that anyone is interested in filing charges against Luann based on an item in a gossip site.  

I believe what was meant was that this was a cold hard fact that Luann could sue P6 for.

Most establishments such as hotels and restaurants do not want their staff picking up extra change reporting gossip items about their patrons.  I am not saying it doesn't happen, just that it is a negative for the establishment.  If I am an A list celebrity and I hear the gossip items flowing from the establishment comes from their staff-I would steer clear. 

I doubt the Regency is seeing a negative.  Luann herself said that business was booming.  They thank her and comp her bill every time.  And of course this is all different when we talk about A list.  But we're talking about HOs.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

That's were P6 gets a lot of their gossip.  They pay pretty well.  

100% And a server might think twice about an A lister (and that they wouldn't come back) but not a Housewife.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

There are on average 5 --10 kids born to mothers over 50 every week in the US. About a quarter of those births are to women over 55. 

But 77,000 babies are born each week.  So the 5-10 born to women over 50 is a minuscule percentage (not to mention that a decent number of those women probably made a concerted effort to get pregnant).  So the idea that Luann is essentially too old to get pregnant seems valid to me.   It's not entirely impossible, but the chances are so low I can't even calculate them, lol

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe it a bit of a reach that anyone is interested in filing charges against Luann based on an item in a gossip site.  For a criminal charge you need little things like date, time and place when the alleged assault/battery occurred. 

More importantly, you need a complaining victim.  It is incredibly difficult for prosecutors to make a case for battery without one.  While of course it is not entirely unheard of, it is rare for a case to be pursued without the participation of the victim. 

38 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I believe what was meant was that this was a cold hard fact that Luann could sue P6 for.

... exactly.  She could sue them for libel if she wanted to.  Assuming it's not true, of course ...   

I do hope the P6 story comes up on WWHL and Andy asks Luann if she intends to sue to clear her name.  She is being accused of an act of domestic violence, essentially.  That is a rather damning thing and I would think she would not want to let that stand.  

But I have the funny feeling the Countess will brush it off as gossip that is beneath her and say she has no interest in pursuing the matter.  Because she wouldn't want to take any time away from celebrating her fabulous new wonderful life with TOM!!  of course.  Not because it's TRUE and she has no case, lol

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

If I am an A list celebrity and I hear the gossip items flowing from the establishment comes from their staff-I would steer clear. 

But many D-listers (and desperate fame whores of all levels) are dying for whatever attention they can get and actively seek out places where they think they will be reported on.  A reputation for being a paparazzi hangout or place where celeb goings-on make the news can be quite good for business because it not only draws in celebs who want attention, but also regular people who want to people watch.  There is a real incentive for certain establishments to feed tidbits to the tabloids. 

50 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I doubt the Regency is seeing a negative.  Luann herself said that business was booming.  They thank her and comp her bill every time.  And of course this is all different when we talk about A list.  But we're talking about HOs.

Right.  A-listers don't need the services of a place like the Regency to get PR ... but random ho-wives adore receiving the attention - and the freebies, lol

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This was my first thought, too. The Countess may not drink beer from a bottle but she do enjoy a spirited big gulp or 3.

Who is Mindy?

You know -- Mindy.

• Love 5