Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 1:08 PM, SCS said:

Those dresses are collectively dreadful. The bodice of Tins' reminds me of the popular Gunne Sax dresses from.... a long time ago.

omg Gunne Sax!  Loved their stuff...in the 9th grade.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Add this hideous blouse of Ramona's to the pile-this photo is actually a pretty good photo.  Ripped jeans as well-just hideous.

Fashion victims aren't really victims at all.  The rest of us are.  Though I give Ramona props for looking really good at 60-whatever, dressing like a 20-whatever smells like desperation.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Though I give Ramona props for looking really good at 60-whatever, dressing like a 20-whatever smells like desperation.

She looks friggin’ amazing for her age. How she’s managed to stay so well-preserved without looking “done” despite her many years of boozing excess is nothing short of a miracle. Hopefully she keeps her hair short like that because the long extensions looked ridiculous and actually age her a bit. And I don’t mind that top on her, although the ripped jeans are hideous and desperate—-I’m not a fan of the ripped jeans trend period, but I definitely loathe the trend more when women over 30 are attempting to rock that look.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Welp, there it is.  Any of us could have written this script.

Right you are..mate.

Shocked!

images.jpg.b1a7da698b69a5d37b04bcd9520a9e36.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 6:49 PM, grublove said:

Bethenny is still working to earn her payouts from the Skinnygirl sale. She and her business partner David Kanbar appear to have received $39M upfront for the sale of SkinnyGirl, but the rest is only paid out in increments if Skinnygirl meets certain sales goals each year.

Skinnygirl cocktail sales fell 26% in 2013 and Jim Beam was counting on exposure from Bethenny's talk show to turn things around. Once B's talk show was cancelled, returning to RHONY became one of the few ways she could promote the brand and hopefully use that exposure to boost sales back up enough to ensure her payouts continued.

If you take Bethenny's lifestyle and cost of living into consideration... plus taxes, legal/divorce expenses, the fact that she had/has to split proceeds from the sale of her business with her business partner and managers ...  I'd say she needs the show almost as much as the other women do if she wants to maintain what she has now.

Interesting.  I hope this is all true.  It makes sense and explains a ton.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, HunterHunted said:

Lawsuits are the easiest way to figure out housewives' salaries. We know what Tamra made because of her divorce and child support agreements. I'm sure Teresa and Jacqueline had to list their salaries for their bankruptcies. I think Shannon listed hers. Maybe Jules had to list her one and done salary.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:21 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Believe me when I tell you that I'm not that invested in the quest, lol.

Same, but I'm glad there are those willing to do the legwork.  I'd love to see what all the HW have made over the years - past and present.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize that this is Jill (l) and her sis (r), but if you squint, this could be Jill on the right, and Bethenny on the left.  Am I the only one?

p.s.:  Say what we will about Jill (and she deserves most of it), but she adores her sister!

Screenshot (54).png

OMG. Our parents dressed us all in the strangest outfits. You should see some of my childhood photos. Lisa’s dress looks inspired by Chanel.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

OMG. Our parents dressed us all in the strangest outfits. You should see some of my childhood photos. Lisa’s dress looks inspired by Chanel.

I LOVE the orange dress.  Totally something I'd wear.  Well, *want to* wear if several lbs lighter.

• Love 4
(edited)

Very interesting article from Page Six about the Housewives and drinking.  Most of it pertains to NY, but a few others are mentioned. 

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/16/housewives-say-bravo-keeps-the-booze-flowing/

The quotes from Aviva resulted in a response tweet from Bethenny:

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny Jun 16

"Hello @AvivaDrescher as the person responsible for putting you on Rhony, I take offense to you misrepresenting the truth & saying producers prodded you to drink. As someone here since day 1 with 13 years of reality tv experience, it is a flat out falsehood @Bravotv @andy"

Bethenny was responsible for putting Aviva on RHONY?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Very interesting article from Page Six about the Housewives and drinking.  Most of it pertains to NY, but a few others are mentioned. 

"Hello @AvivaDrescher as the person responsible for putting you on Rhony, I take offense to you misrepresenting the truth & saying producers prodded you to drink. As someone here since day 1 with 13 years of reality tv experience, it is a flat out falsehood @Bravotv @andy"

BF sure knows where to butter that bread.  The 'reality tv' bread that is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Bethenny recommended Aviva to the producers/Andy as a possible HW, so she is partially responsible for her being on the show.

• Love 4

So, who is the anonymous RHONY source in that article?  She quotes Bethenny.  I’m thinking it’s Carole or possibly Luann.  I believe that producers passively encourage too much drinking.  I can even believe that they see nothing wrong with putting unlimited amounts of alcohol out there, for stars to drink as they like. But after what happened on the Bachelor, I don’t see any policy of actively discouraging help lasting long.

(edited)
8 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I recall Andy saying that B had told him she knows this woman with one leg that used to be married to Harry Dubin and would be perfect

ETA:  That article is bullshit.  Jill Zarin only had 1 alcoholic beverage that I can remember on this show and that was when they were in Morocco and toasted at dinner when they were wearing the dresses made for them

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sooo, Melissa Gorga & Ramona on Lip Sync Battle this week.  We'll just see which of these thirsty gals is the most dehydrated!

This coming Thursday, 6/28 at 10:30 eastern on Paramount Network.

I can’t bring myself to watch this. I get second-hand embarrassment just watching Moaner go through her everyday life — this might actually kill me.

• Love 7
(edited)
31 minutes ago, link417 said:

I can’t bring myself to watch this. I get second-hand embarrassment just watching Moaner go through her everyday life — this might actually kill me.

Ugh!    I'd rather watch paint dry.   

ETA:  I didn't know there was such a show..........and why the hell is there such a show? 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sooo, Melissa Gorga & Ramona on Lip Sync Battle this week.  We'll just see which of these thirsty gals is the most dehydrated!

This coming Thursday, 6/28 at 10:30 eastern on Paramount Network.

Omg.  I can picture Melissa doing it and being maybe ok.  But Ro?  I wonder what songs are they doing?  Too bad Ro is back to her long hair.  The bob looks so much better.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Omg.  I can picture Melissa doing it and being maybe ok.  But Ro?  I wonder what songs are they doing?  Too bad Ro is back to her long hair.  The bob looks so much better.

This is the show where she stole the Britney costume from that she wore for Halloween so Ramona is likely doing Oops I Did It Again.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've never been particularly adept at identifying photo editing software at work, but to me, these heads don't belong on these bodies, lol.  Anyone else?

Screenshot (83).png

It does look like someone posted their heads on someone else's body or it was badly photo shopped by a drunk Sonja! LOL

• Love 6
(edited)

It was bad enough Bravo ran that awful Coupon Cabin (is that the name?) commercial but I just saw LuAnn and Dorinda in a promo for the new Mama Mia sequel.    

OMG!  Please make it stop!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, AnnA said:

It was bad enough Bravo ran that awful Coupon Cabin (is that the name?) commercial but I just saw LuAnn and Dorinda in a promo for the new Mama Mia sequel.    

OMG!  Please make it stop!

Ugh to the infinite degree. What is the point of the RH “special” commercials for the Incredibles and Mama Mia movies? They are bizarre and clunky and awful. It makes me NOT want to see the movie. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ugh to the infinite degree. What is the point of the RH “special” commercials for the  Incredibles and Mama Mia movies? They are bizarre and clunky and awful. It makes me NOT want to see the movie. 

Yeah, I don't understand why these companies feel the need to include the cast in a commercial.  I get the Coupon Cabin bit, but they have done several film ads using the cast.  If some psychology expert has told them that we the viewers are more inclined to look positively upon their service/product by including the cast...well, they should fire the psychology expert.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

We talked about this - must have been the Bethenny thread.  There are actually several B Strong charities, or those with similar nomenclature.  Very odd.

My mind went first to the Lance Armstrong one. It’s name is Live Strong but with all the “strong” charities it can be confusing to someone who doesn’t know details. There is also a Be Strong having to do with bullying and nothing to do with Bethenny. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I don't understand why these companies feel the need to include the cast in a commercial.  I get the Coupon Cabin bit, but they have done several film ads using the cast.  If some psychology expert has told them that we the viewers are more inclined to look positively upon their service/product by including the cast...well, they should fire the psychology expert.

I think that's some of it, especially when they focus on a movie that isn't squarely in the Bravo demographic. For example, the Thor: Ragnarok spot that had Melissa Gorge and Giselle wander into the arena in the film and talk about how hot Thor looked during his fight with the Hulk. The other reason is that reality tv stars are cheaper.

https://www.reuters.com/article/entertainment-us-advertising-sag/hollywood-actors-face-new-worry-as-reality-commercials-rise-idUSBRE91E01B20130215

• Love 3
On 7/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I get that, but how about just run the damn trailer, like every other network does. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because if someone is fast-forwarding through commercials, they might stop when they see a character that was in their show. I think it’s a trick for the advertiser and an additional way for Bravo to make money. 

• Love 5

One more thing about the housewives in commercials... it may be because we are all in tune with what they are doing, so we know about these commercials, but, here we are talking about them and mentioning Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia on these threads. Someone is picking that up in their advertising success counts. So, from their standpoint, it’s working.  

• Love 5