Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

(edited)

So she is getting paid by people who enjoy the smell of monkey shit, who repeatedly go back because they can't get enough of the whiff of monkey shit? Ok then.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1

Not the smell, just watching the antics of stupid monkeys who fling their shit not realizing their hands are covered in it and they are just as bad as every other monkey no matter how much they try and proclaim otherwise. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

How is she still milking it? The anniversary of the crash is coming up, People is doing a story about it and interviewed her for her thoughts about it...

Are 16 year anniversaries some sort of milestone anniversary? This attention seems weird.

• Love 5

Not the smell, just watching the antics of stupid monkeys who fling their shit not realizing their hands are covered in it and they are just as bad as every other monkey no matter how much they try and proclaim otherwise. 

And those monkeys are laughing all the way to the bank, getting paid by the people watching them.

And shit can be washed off once the show is done.

Are 16 year anniversaries some sort of milestone anniversary? This attention seems weird.

We'd have to ask People magazine about that.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I can only say up here in NY, every year, no matter what the mark...the stories, documentaries begin to air. The local papers will also feature articles.

We get the same thing every year with Princess Diana

• Love 4
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I can only say up here in NY, every year, no matter what the mark...the stories, documentaries begin to air. The local papers will also feature articles.

We get the same thing every year with Princess Diana

It's been more national coverage this year which seems weird given that it isn't a milestone year.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

And those monkeys are laughing all the way to the bank, getting paid by the people watching them.

And shit can be washed off once the show is done.

The smell lingers on them no matter how much soap they use. And then we have the video evidence so as much as these clever monkeys deny it they are nothing more than shit covered monkeys at the end of the day.

Some of us might not have monkey money but we don't smell like them or have people point, laugh, stare and mock us us like they do. 

Laughing all the way to the bank is not what makes a person smarter or better, they are just wealthier, that is all they are, wealthier.

• Love 3
(edited)

The smell lingers on them no matter how much soap they use. And then we have the video evidence so as much as these clever monkeys deny it they are nothing more than shit covered monkeys at the end of the day.

Some of us might not have monkey money but we don't smell like them or have people point, laugh, stare and mock us us like they do. 

Laughing all the way to the bank is not what makes a person smarter or better, they are just wealthier, that is all they are, wealthier.

Living their life happily shows they can wash off the smell pretty well (well, some of them are happy these days).

And they aren't just laughing all the way to bank, they are also having the last laugh on us, since they are making money for doing what they do on camera and getting paid for it. Maybe not better, but certainly smarter.

Edited by BBHN
5 hours ago, BBHN said:

How is she still milking it? The anniversary of the crash is coming up, People is doing a story about it and interviewed her for her thoughts about it...

Well, because the very idea that she played a major role in their lives and in the ending of their story is something she should just keep to herself I guess. How dare she have any thoughts or feelings about an event that was traumatic and heartbreaking for her, and dare to answer questions about it when asked. The bitch needs to slow down with all those crackers she is consuming. I wonder if all the other folks they interviwed for the story are still milking it as well? 

• Love 5
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Monkey see, monkey poo ; )

What a set of lousy values on that woman, flashing money around as if being paid to do something is proof of a superior position (Donald J. Trump and Sean Hannity -- come on down! Time to join the We Get Paid club, founded by Carole Radziwill herself!) Pfft.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

wonder if all the other folks they interviwed fo

Most likely but she was literally the only person quoted in that People link and most likely no Kennedys or Besettes participated given their past silence.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Thanks for the link - what an asshole.

tweet.png

tweet 2.png

I just never understood why this irritated some, and I say that as a pretty involved viewer of the show. The person tweeted that she was dumb to be on a reality tv show. What kind of a nutjob who is watching a reality tv show says something like that? A really dumb person. Like the dumbest person in the whole entire world. Like Sarah Palin dumb.  She wasn't saying that everyone who watches the show is dumb. She said that people who hate reality TV people, have no respect for them, think they are beneath them for being on a reality tv show, but then not only watch the show but take the time to send nasty comments to the participants of that show, are in fact dumb. I just don't get how this is at all even arguable. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Most likely but she was literally the only person quoted in that People link and most likely no Kennedys or Besettes participated given their past silence.

The Bessettes were forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement is why you won't hear from them.

John John was found to be at fault in the crash, it was all on his inexperience and ego. The Bessettes lost two of their daughters that night.

Does Carole ever address the fact that it was a completely preventable tragedy?

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/07/07/nyregion/safety-board-blames-pilot-error-in-crash-of-kennedy-plane.html

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The People cover story is that "friends share their stories", so it must be more than just Carole trying to milk the death of friends for all it's worth. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The People cover story is that "friends share their stories", so it must be more than just Carole trying to milk the death of friends for all it's worth. 

And if they have threads on forums that I follow I will also point out that I find it crass particularly given the wishes of both families.

18 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

The Bessettes were forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement is why you won't hear from them.

More than aware of the details, my sister's best friend was in the wedding in question. It precludes them from talking about the crash not talking about their daughters.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

John John was found to be at fault in the crash, it was all on his inexperience and ego. The Bessettes lost two of their daughters that night.

Does Carole ever address the fact that it was a completely preventable tragedy?

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/07/07/nyregion/safety-board-blames-pilot-error-in-crash-of-kennedy-plane.html

She did. In the most high profile interview she did outside of Oprah (Larry King, and it is fantastic if people can put their hate away long enough to hear the details of that terrible night because it is fascinating) she agreed with Larry's assessment that the findings were that John had become disoriented in the dark. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I just never understood why this irritated some, and I say that as a pretty involved viewer of the show. The person tweeted that she was dumb to be on a reality tv show. What kind of a nutjob who is watching a reality tv show says something like that? A really dumb person. Like the dumbest person in the whole entire world. Like Sarah Palin dumb.  She wasn't saying that everyone who watches the show is dumb. She said that people who hate reality TV people, have no respect for them, think they are beneath them for being on a reality tv show, but then not only watch the show but take the time to send nasty comments to the participants of that show, are in fact dumb. I just don't get how this is at all even arguable. 

Yes the person was stupid to engage with a "celebrity" on twitter, however Carole's answer is ugly, snobby and plain insulting.

whatever happened to social graces? (On both parts btw)

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The tweet that set Radiziwill off was "I don't think we're watching the same shows" -- why that caused Carole to get up on her high horse and brag about being paid to do this shit is beyond me.  But even if it had been "You suck ass you assy assholed asser" it's still a dick move to piss on the audience for watching.  Their eyes pay your salary, so waving that salary in their face, as proof of your superiority, is like yelling at the boss for being dumb enough to employ you. Fight back by all means, but be smart about it, not juvenile. (eta: and THAT'S how it's arguable, MCM -- I believe it's now your serve! ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Honestly, I find people talking about their dead friends for a paycheck, tacky and desperate.

• Love 9
Just now, LIMOM said:

Honestly, I find people talking about their dead friends for a paycheck, tacky and desperate.

What about going on not one but two psychic tv shows?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

What about going on not one but two psychic tv shows?

I never even met Bessette Kennedy,  and I would never do that to her - how could her best friend? 

9 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I don't always - I'd talk about one of my friends like that, if they'd died in a public way, to keep their memory alive -- but the psychic show was something else altogether.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

I never even met Bessette Kennedy,  and I would never do that to her - how could her best friend? 

I don't always - I'd talk about one of my friends like that, if they'd died in a public way, to keep their memory alive -- but the psychic show was something else altogether.

I can see talking about a dead friend to keep the memory alive but I don't see how one would speak about a friend for money.

how much more can be said about Carolyn?

I can't imagine how much hoopla would be going on for the 20th anniversary....

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, film noire said:

The tweet that set Radiziwill off was "I don't think we're watching the same shows" -- why that caused Carole to get up on her high horse and brag about being paid to do this shit is beyond me.  But even if it had been "You suck ass you assy assholed asser" it's still a dick move to piss on the audience for watching.  Their eyes pay your salary, so waving that salary in their face, as proof of your superiority, is like yelling at the boss for being dumb enough to employ you. Fight back by all means, but be smart about it, not juvenile. (eta: and THAT'S how it's arguable, MCM -- I believe it's now your serve! ; )

I still don't have a problem with it. I didn't feel insulted. She was insulting the dumb person who sent the tweet. I will never understand people that follow and tweet people they don't like. There are so many people to follow that a person likes, respects, and agrees with. Why spend your time with the people you don't. But then this is why I had to get off FB. I spent too much time telling folks they were jackasses. But only the people that were jackasses.  I still have a cousin that won't make eye contact with me on the rare occasion we are stuck together. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I still don't have a problem with it. I didn't feel insulted. She was insulting the dumb person who sent the tweet. I will never understand people that follow and tweet people they don't like. There are so many people to follow that a person likes, respects, and agrees with. Why spend your time with the people you don't. But then this is why I had to get off FB. I spent too much time telling folks they were jackasses. But only the people that were jackasses.  I still have a cousin that won't make eye contact with me on the rare occasion we are stuck together. 

I don't know, how many here thought Tamra/son Josh were out of line when they tweeted a comment a few years ago that was very similar to this one by Carole? You can't condemn them and then say it is Ok for Carole to do. LOL

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't know, how many here thought Tamra/son Josh were out of line when they tweeted a comment a few years ago that was very similar to this one by Carole? You can't condemn them and then say it is Ok for Carole to do. LOL

I cannot imagine being aware of, or caring about anything that Tamra's son Josh tweeted. If I had read about it, it probably wouldn't be anything I would comment on because I simply cannot imagine any situation where I would care about anything that he would ever say.  But if it was someone being snarky to him on his twitter account and he was snarky back, then I say more power to him. Regardless of the fact that he is a total d-bag. If I were on Twitter, I would behave the same to the dumbasses saying mean things as I would to someone who walked up and said something mean to my face. I just wouldn't put up with it. This is why I cannot run for political office. Oh, wait. Maybe I can. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I cannot imagine being aware of, or caring about anything that Tamra's son Josh tweeted. If I had read about it, it probably wouldn't be anything I would comment on because I simply cannot imagine any situation where I would care about anything that he would ever say.  But if it was someone being snarky to him on his twitter account and he was snarky back, then I say more power to him. Regardless of the fact that he is a total d-bag. If I were on Twitter, I would behave the same to the dumbasses saying mean things as I would to someone who walked up and said something mean to my face. I just wouldn't put up with it. This is why I cannot run for political office. Oh, wait. Maybe I can. 

Yes, it was just like what happened to Carole. Some viewers were slamming him/his mom on SM and he responded almost exactly like Carole did but it happened to him/Tamra a few years before it happened to Carole. LOL I will never understand why anyone goes on someone they dislike SM pages and slam them, I really don't. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, it was just like what happened to Carole. Some viewers were slamming him/his mom on SM and he responded almost exactly like Carole did but it happened to him/Tamra a few years before it happened to Carole. LOL I will never understand why anyone goes on someone they dislike SM pages and slam them, I really don't. 

It completely mystifies me. I guess if it were a Politician or someone who creates and implements policy, I could understand. Someone who actually has the ability to impact my life in some way. Follow them and let them know you don't agree. But geez, to follow some reality TV star, or anyone for that matter that you just don't like? Just to tell them you don't like them? 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And if they have threads on forums that I follow I will also point out that I find it crass particularly given the wishes of both families.

More than aware of the details, my sister's best friend was in the wedding in question. It precludes them from talking about the crash not talking about their daughters.

Carole did the same after Mary Kennedy's suicide.  She just had to weigh and slam RFK Jr., discounting how he knew his wife.  It always sounded to me as if Carole was a little steamed JFK Jr. left a big chunk of his estate to RFK Jr and not Anthony or his sister. 

I felt badly for the bride, groom and the entire wedding party and guests.  It must have been an awful weekend for all. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

. I spent too much time telling folks they were jackasses. But only the people that were jackasses.

You just cracked me up. Thanks for making my night! LOL! Love it!

I'm still laughing out loud.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5

Well, because the very idea that she played a major role in their lives and in the ending of their story is something she should just keep to herself I guess. How dare she have any thoughts or feelings about an event that was traumatic and heartbreaking for her, and dare to answer questions about it when asked. The bitch needs to slow down with all those crackers she is consuming. I wonder if all the other folks they interviwed for the story are still milking it as well? 

Really, how dare she?

What a set of lousy values on that woman, flashing money around as if being paid to do something is proof of a superior position

Yeah, because if there is one thing Carole is known for, it's flashing her money around like she is in a Puff Daddy video circa 1998.

post-32842-ron-swanson-yep-gif-yes-yup-f

• Love 2
On 6/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, Martinigirl said:

I have to show evidence? They have broken up. Seriously.

Well, they are in Spain together so......I don't think that they have really broken up. 

No worries, no need for evidence. :-)

• Love 7
On 7/2/2017 at 4:35 PM, film noire said:

By Carole's definition, the people who bought her memoir were tragedy whores -- readers consuming tragedy from a safe distance, feeling a false connection to those living the pain -- so I guess that makes her a grief pimp. 

I think Carole would  be the tragedy whore (selling it)

The readers would be tragedy tricks (buying it)

Publishers would be tragedy pimps (arranges the deal and gets a cut)

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 9:57 PM, zoeysmom said:

Carole did the same after Mary Kennedy's suicide.  She just had to weigh and slam RFK Jr., discounting how he knew his wife.  It always sounded to me as if Carole was a little steamed JFK Jr. left a big chunk of his estate to RFK Jr and not Anthony or his sister. 

I felt badly for the bride, groom and the entire wedding party and guests.  It must have been an awful weekend for all. 

Mary had mental and substance use issues, but there was a decent amount of evidence that Robert was cheating on Mary, encouraging her that their marriage might be repaired, and then accusing her of delusions and paranoia when she coreectly accused him of cheating. That divorce that he got dragged into because he was sleeping with the wife while he was married to Mary and openly dating Cheryl Hines is some evidence that he was a lot shittier than most realized. I always felt like Carole jumped in because RFK Jr. was trying to paint Mary as a violent mentally ill woman with a serious substance issue and no redeeming qualities. All of those things might have been true, but I think Carole worried about the family recasting Mary as this abusive ogre who tortured RFK Jr. for the duration of their marriage, which seems not to be true.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Is he the Kennedy that was banging the underage babysitter ?

No that was Michael and he was killed in a skiing accident.  He was married to Frank Gifford's daughter.

Just now, zoeysmom said:

No that was Michael and he was killed in a skiing accident.  He was married to Frank Gifford's daughter.

Ok, thanks, so much philandering in that family one needs a score card to keep track

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Mary had mental and substance use issues, but there was a decent amount of evidence that Robert was cheating on Mary, encouraging her that their marriage might be repaired, and then accusing her of delusions and paranoia when she coreectly accused him of cheating. That divorce that he got dragged into because he was sleeping with the wife while he was married to Mary and openly dating Cheryl Hines is some evidence that he was a lot shittier than most realized. I always felt like Carole jumped in because RFK Jr. was trying to paint Mary as a violent mentally ill woman with a serious substance issue and no redeeming qualities. All of those things might have been true, but I think Carole worried about the family recasting Mary as this abusive ogre who tortured RFK Jr. for the duration of their marriage, which seems not to be true.

Since this is about Carole and I made the comment, I was referring to Carole disputing RFK Jr, saying Mary battled demons.  There was substantial evidence she did.  http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-last-days-mary-kennedy-65169  Carole and Mary's family being in denial didn't mean RFK was wrong.  Of interest to note in this article is how RFK and Mary would have to sell the family home (he did not live there) as there wasn't much inheritance left. 

Carole just should shut up.  http://people.com/archive/cover-story-what-drove-her-to-suicide-mary-kennedy-1959-2012-vol-77-no-23/  Apparently Carole didn't know her as well as she claimed to.  Didn't know about treatments for anorexia, beating her husband, stealing from her step daughter, two DUIs, removal of her children by the authorities.  Mary's children have to live with the images of their mother why not let their father address and mention what she did to try and conquer them.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Is he the Kennedy that was banging the underage babysitter ?

RFK, Jr is the heroin addict who bizarrely characterized his extramarital two-timing as "getting mugged" (i.e. "Got mugged on the way home") in his diary (excerpts of which were published in the NY Post or Daily News). 

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Since this is about Carole and I made the comment, I was referring to Carole disputing RFK Jr, saying Mary battled demons.  There was substantial evidence she did.  http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-last-days-mary-kennedy-65169  Carole and Mary's family being in denial didn't mean RFK was wrong.  Of interest to note in this article is how RFK and Mary would have to sell the family home (he did not live there) as there wasn't much inheritance left. 

Carole just should shut up.  http://people.com/archive/cover-story-what-drove-her-to-suicide-mary-kennedy-1959-2012-vol-77-no-23/  Apparently Carole didn't know her as well as she claimed to.  Didn't know about treatments for anorexia, beating her husband, stealing from her step daughter, two DUIs, removal of her children by the authorities.  Mary's children have to live with the images of their mother why not let their father address and mention what she did to try and conquer them.

I'm sure Carole and MRK were second best friends. What Still Remains: coming soon(ish, maybe) via Amazon's self-publishing platform.

Don't miss the very special cross promotion revival episode of Long Island Medium in which Carole communes with MRK's spirit in a New York apartment building they once both set foot in. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Mary was very troubled. I've said as much in my post. She was also quite good at compartmentalizing her life. Carole doesn't seem to have known Mary as well as she thought she did. I've felt that some of the pushback from Mary's friends and family about Mary's problems was because RFK Jr. and his family weren't painting a nuanced view of Mary or RFK Jr. I also feel like Mary's side was particularly upset that the allegedly sealed affidavit's allegations were printed in the days after Mary's death as if it was the gospel truth. Even how RFK Jr. talks about his affairs is delivered in a way that it seems like if only he had a stable supportive partner at home, he wouldn't have to cheat. They were two very messed up people who probably shouldn't have ever been together.

-------------

Stalking and anal sex. I'm not really looking forward to tonight's episode.

I'm curious what Dorinda's point is about Tom having sex with other people when he met LuAnn.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Don't miss the very special cross promotion revival episode of Long Island Medium in which Carole communes with MRK's spirit in a New York apartment building they once both set foot in. 

LOL

What Still Remains: coming soon(ish, maybe) via Amazon's self-publishing platform.

I have to say, it's much better than her initial title, "What Cremains".

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Since this is about Carole and I made the comment, I was referring to Carole disputing RFK Jr, saying Mary battled demons.  There was substantial evidence she did.  http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-last-days-mary-kennedy-65169  

Thanks for the link, ZM. The housekeeper's journey struck me in that article -- finding Mary head down in old, cold food, passed out; not taking the day off because she was so worried about Mary's health; falling to the ground in a fetal position (and staying like that that for several hours) after finding Mary's body hanging in the barn. She really walked the path with Mary,  and -- obviously -- it's awful for Mary's kids and family, but this woman also cared, and grieved (or so it sounds).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

I'm curious what Dorinda's point is about Tom having sex with other people when he met LuAnn.

Well, he was dating/fuck buddies with another woman (not Sonja) when he met Luann and started dating her...

• Love 3
8 hours ago, lunastartron said:

RFK, Jr is the heroin addict who bizarrely characterized his extramarital two-timing as "getting mugged" (i.e. "Got mugged on the way home") in his diary (excerpts of which were published in the NY Post or Daily News). 

And now married to Cheryl Hines. I'm curious as to how long that one will last. 

• Love 2

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.