Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 7/14/2016 at 5:44 PM, zoeysmom said:

Tom would not have to take to the press if certain RH were honest about their relationship with Tom.  Ramona backed off but Sonja is a little questionable.  For some reason Bethenny decided to make unsubstantiated allegations that have now been deemed false.  No one would have ever known had Sonja not been trying to create a storyline.  At some point Sonja should be thinking about her daughter might feel about Sonja having to take to the airwaves to brag about her conquests.

I wonder why both Bethenny and Luann have on white pants and tops and their hair is similar as well.  Luann, Sonja and Dorinda all seem to have the same neckline.

But he didn't have to go to the press. He wanted to go to the press. I am sure the guy is a famewhore, which is fine and could end up being fun. Adam was also being accused of all matter of stuff last season. I don't remember him ever giving interviews during all of that drama to clear his name. I only know of one interview he has ever given and he was nothing but kind towards Lu. He didn't go into any details, call anyone a liar, or speak badly of anyone else. Tom could have just kept his mouth shut, instead of basically calling Sonja a liar. Not that I blame him at all, but it certainly wasn't something he had to do. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Is Tom a famewhore? Or do he and his family have a slowly failing family business that they are looking to sell and are hoping that any press attention will help out the sale?

http://www.grubstreet.com/2016/06/dagostino-reportedly-selling-manhattan-stores.html

https://commercialobserver.com/2016/02/dagostino-faces-up-to-three-store-closings-in-manhattan/

Several articles I have read said he had no connection to this D'Agistinos and even if he is related somehow he isn't involved in management.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Several articles I have read said he had no connection to this D'Agistinos and even if he is related somehow he isn't involved in management.

Yeah.  Just because he has the same last name, there's nothing out there that says he's related to the supermarket chain.  He's CEO of a completely different business that seems to being doing well.  Heck, I wish I was connected to some people who have the same last name as I do....and some, not so much.  Haha.

• Love 3

I have been asked if I am related to both a major director and the founder of the largest architecture firm in my state multiple times. And all I can think is 'why would I be stuck here if I were?' I bet ole Tom feels the same.

Back on topic- I think the woman look nice this year. In previous years they have all looked painfully over processed, out of date and rather thirsty... But I still hope to hell someone calls Beth out on her constant shrillness and lack of 'realness.' If Housewives franchises have taught me one thing it is that whoever declares themselves a truthbomb or is most emphatic about keeping it real is probably the biggest liar you will meet.

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

But he didn't have to go to the press. He wanted to go to the press. I am sure the guy is a famewhore, which is fine and could end up being fun. Adam was also being accused of all matter of stuff last season. I don't remember him ever giving interviews during all of that drama to clear his name. I only know of one interview he has ever given and he was nothing but kind towards Lu. He didn't go into any details, call anyone a liar, or speak badly of anyone else. Tom could have just kept his mouth shut, instead of basically calling Sonja a liar. Not that I blame him at all, but it certainly wasn't something he had to do. 

Tom spent the first 49 years of his life out of the gossip columns.  He denied to comment on the Ramona story.    Because Adam certainly uses Carole RH position to promote his schtick-oh and Luann in the beginning.   IIRC Adam said he didn't see  much of Luann's niece or her family any longer.  Somewhat similar to what Tom did-answer a question regarding the status of his relationship with Sonja past and present.  Carole certainly spoke for Adam saying he didn't like Luann and he had not seen her niece in a year before they met.  Well except they did take an out of country trip together.  So as far as famehos go- I believe Adam uses the show to promote his endeavors far more then Tom.  There was even a story about 12 things you didn't know about Adam.   So Adam isn't exactly a shy violet when it comes to publicity.

Tom is asked a question point blank, he gave his side of the story and told of an interaction with Sonja and repeated the conversation.  Why do people have to keep their mouths shut?    The same could be said for Sonja-who was giving interviews regarding her faux relationship with Tom.  Sonja says a lot without receipts.  Supposedly, he, Sonja and Luann are all friends.  I think it is far more honorable to address questions of one's honor than to "no comment".  Sonja is the one keeping this alive-not Tom.  Sonja could have gracefully exited the whole conversation with, over the last decade I have seen tom at a variety of events and from time to time we had a drink together.  Instead she made it sound like the banged in every corner of the UES.

• Love 3
On 7/8/2016 at 4:15 PM, BlackMamba said:

814: 1.6/0.61 

LuAnn should get a lot of credit for the ratings rise

http://www.tv-recaps-reviews.com/2016/07/wednesday-cable-ratings-july-6.html?m=1

I wonder if the "before they were housewives" show helped.  I'm guessing they have these in mind for a few of the housewives - those with more interesting backstories.  They probably aired the countess's first given how this season is playing out.  It helped drive my interest, any way.

I love NYC - it's my fav from all the cities so I'm glad to learn of the ratings bump.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

Looks like she photobombed Jimmy Buffet. 

Also from article:

"Bethenny tried to pay a security guard to move them, but they refused to move. So then she threw a drink at them instead. Weird, since they weren’t exactly in a prime section of the bar.”

Keep it klassy, b-girl.

• Love 2

Bethenny likes to demand a play by play of people's behaviour and words but when the script is flipped and the topic is about her, I love how she flippantly deflects. Instead of setting the record straight, just she makes a sarcastic comment that suggests there is little basis or truth to what is being reported.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Bethenny likes to demand a play by play of people's behaviour and words but when the script is flipped and the topic is about her, I love how she flippantly deflects. Instead of setting the record straight, just she makes a sarcastic comment that suggests there is little basis or truth to what is being reported.

Yes.  She is very, very practiced at a lot of forms of lying.  That anyone buys her act is amazing.  That in real life she has extremely limited, frequently broken-off long-term platonic or romantic or familial relationships is the least surprising thing ever. 

I doubt any poster here has as much fuckery in their family, social and romantic life as this 'success story.'

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Yes.  She is very, very practiced at a lot of forms of lying.  That anyone buys her act is amazing.  That in real life she has extremely limited, frequently broken-off long-term platonic or romantic or familial relationships is the least surprising thing ever. 

I doubt any poster here has as much fuckery in their family, social and romantic life as this 'success story.'

If I (and I am sure many others) told you our family stories you would think you were watching Discovery ID or Deadly Women.   Point is EVERYONE has something that makes them who they are.  Some more tragic than others.  From the outside you would have no idea cause we aren't on reality shows or attention seeking.

I don't think she is a liar.  I think many of her stories and experiences are over simplified because who has the time to explain all the nuances.  There also seems to be a feeling that because she wasn't raised a pauper begging for nickels on the side of the road she couldn't have had that awful of a life.  What I see when I look at her is someone who trusts no one and does everything for herself because she had to.  Her parents were checked out except for those brief moments cameras were out and they could showcase a Hallmark moment.

Back to talking about the media.  I agree with the poster that had Lu done to Carol on camera what she did on twitter there may not have been as much Lu love.  I also think she is staying with Tom for now because she doesn't want to give the others the pleasure of being right.  To the poster that said something about Ramona possibly not recognizing Tom from the 1st season.  Heck, I recognized him and I have never seen him in person or for more than the 3 minutes he had been on screen 7 years ago so if she didn't, she REALLY needs to lay off the pino.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Did I mention NO?! LOL

I came here as soon as I saw this.  I am going to add to your screams of NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!  I fast forwarded through all of her scenes on BH and practically had a goddamn party when she was cut from that one.  So Bravo, not just NO, but FUCK NO!

• Love 3

My first reaction was dear God, no.  My second was, "Gigi on the bus.  Gigi on the bus."  We'll then have, "Gigi on the billboard.  Gigi on the billboard...." 

She and Beth could have pissing contests about 'poor me'.  I have no brain function.  Well, I'm bleeding out of every part of my body. 

• Love 7

A spanner thrown in the works of this show (a Dutch made, ethically sourced, new age spanner manufactured out of organic granola) might help. And Yolanda's glossy model children are at the peak of their #proudmommy gloat-worthiness. And she's got the BH backup with Mohamed's money. Yolanda sells nothing, but she's richer than skinnyteethgrindinggirl Methanny.  

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

A spanner thrown in the works of this show (a Dutch made, ethically sourced, new age spanner manufactured out of organic granola) might help. And Yolanda's glossy model children are at the peak of their #proudmommy gloat-worthiness. And she's got the BH backup with Mohamed's money. Yolanda sells nothing, but she's richer than skinnyteethgrindinggirl Methanny.  

No, Please just NO! Gigi wouldn't bring anything to the show, nor would her siblings and none of them would be on much at all anyway. The show would turn into "Who's the sickest" of them all between her and Bethenny.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Please just NO! Gigi wouldn't bring anything to the show, nor would her siblings and none of them would be on much at all anyway. The show would turn into "Who's the sickest" of them all between her and Bethenny.

Well the one good thing would be B taking down Yo, because she wouldn't be like Lisa R and fold as soon as confronted

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, snowblossom2 said:

Well the one good thing would be B taking down Yo, because she wouldn't be like Lisa R and fold as soon as confronted

That would take all of 5 seconds, still not enough to bring Yolanda on the show as a HW. LOL

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That would take all of 5 seconds, still not enough to bring Yolanda on the show as a HW. LOL

Maybe she is a possibility in the event Bethenny doesn't come back.   I can only imagine Ramona and Yolanda. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe she is a possibility in the event Bethenny doesn't come back.   I can only imagine Ramona and Yolanda. 

Yeah but we know Beth will be back....unless she's got a ring on it or she's enough in love to say no if Mr. Shields doesn't want her to.  Otherwise, she doesn't have anything going on.  Carole will be back because of Beth and her friendship with Andy.  Doris will be back because she stirs the pot.  Lu will be back because she was the only one with a storyline this season and it hasn't ended yet.  The only reason Ro will be back is for sentimental reasons.  Other than that, she adds nothing.  That leaves Sonja and Jules.  Jules has some interesting things going on in her personal life right now and she will stand up to Beth. Sonja has nothing.  It wouldn't surprise me if she was demoted to a friend.  How does Yo fit in all this?  I could see producers being very interested in her.  She's momma to the hot model daughters who date celebrities plus the son who's now doing it,  and if she agrees to tone down the Lyme 'journey' (a lot) and actually shows up to events, she's kind of intriguing in their eyes.   The only positive I see with her is I think she would drive Beth nuts.  However, not enough for me to want her on the franchise. 

Edited by breezy424
On 7/18/2016 at 3:46 PM, zoeysmom said:

Tom spent the first 49 years of his life out of the gossip columns.  He denied to comment on the Ramona story.    Because Adam certainly uses Carole RH position to promote his schtick-oh and Luann in the beginning.   IIRC Adam said he didn't see  much of Luann's niece or her family any longer.  Somewhat similar to what Tom did-answer a question regarding the status of his relationship with Sonja past and present.  Carole certainly spoke for Adam saying he didn't like Luann and he had not seen her niece in a year before they met.  Well except they did take an out of country trip together.  So as far as famehos go- I believe Adam uses the show to promote his endeavors far more then Tom.  There was even a story about 12 things you didn't know about Adam.   So Adam isn't exactly a shy violet when it comes to publicity.

Tom is asked a question point blank, he gave his side of the story and told of an interaction with Sonja and repeated the conversation.  Why do people have to keep their mouths shut?    The same could be said for Sonja-who was giving interviews regarding her faux relationship with Tom.  Sonja says a lot without receipts.  Supposedly, he, Sonja and Luann are all friends.  I think it is far more honorable to address questions of one's honor than to "no comment".  Sonja is the one keeping this alive-not Tom.  Sonja could have gracefully exited the whole conversation with, over the last decade I have seen tom at a variety of events and from time to time we had a drink together.  Instead she made it sound like the banged in every corner of the UES.

Agreed!

I find it ridiculous that Tom's brief commentary about his connection or lack there of with Ramona and Sonja seems to be more atrocious than the despicable sharing of personal and intimate sexual details done by Sonja in the most perverse way possible. (And no I don't deem Lu's slam bam thank you ma'am description worse). Lu wasn't divulging anything private just commenting on information already put out there. I'm talking about breaking confidences in such lewd ways. Sonja skips around town with no receipts and airs ridiculously personal details about herself which is her right but then OTHERS in such shameful and disrespectful ways but Tom? Oh that Tom is so terrible because he doesn't want to confirm and instead decides to deny details that are not only personal but are very very questionable in the first place. I don't see why staying shut is the more proper reaction vs. Sonja's completely inappropriate revelation. Not only was it fucked up to begin with but she's also dragging it out by continuing to harp on it and grasp at any and all face time droning on about it ad nauseum. Motives are gross and it's not cool. But Tom making one comment about the situation clarifying what he deems to be true is for some reason a big no no? Confusing.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
On 8/9/2016 at 0:44 PM, zoeysmom said:

I am looking at the concert footage-everyone seems to be standing:  https://twitter.com/coldplay?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Uggghhh, that's the problem with Beth. She never thinks she has to just suck it up an deal with it. Certain things you can't control. Certain things are going to be expected at a venue like that. You can't EXPECT to have a comfortable spot or view. If you can't deal with such a set up i.e. no VIP available then keep ya ass home. If you can't deal with an excited crowd that can't be worried about making the space comfortable for the person to their left, right, back and front.. Look people are there to get into the music the vibe the energy and usually people who go to something like that understand that it's not going to be comfortable and that views will be challenging etc. etc. You have to get into the right mindset and prep your tolerance or STAY THE FUCK HOME you precious little fucking snowflake! UGGGHHH! She really is entitled isn't she???

She's like that passenger on the train that's annoyed that their personal space is breached or thinks they should be able to sit comfortably in a seat and take up enough space they deem will make them comfortable cause ya know, they paid their fare. Look I'm a NY'er and hate when people take it too far on the train regarding my personal space or expecting me to make unreasonable room for their fat asses to sit down but at the same time you have to mentally prepare yourself for the ride and be ready for some discomfort. If you're so damn delicate then take a fucking cab. That's what Beth reminds me of. The "I'm entitled to comfort at all times" bitch Diva.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

Honestly I would love that confrontation cause I'm thinking the contrary.. Yolanda wouldn't buckle to Beth's mouth and would probably just ask in a monotone and simple way "Why are you so ugly inside?" While staring expectantly. Our Beth gets jarred easily and flustered in the face of reflection. Too bad there's so much Yo hate. That would be something to see I think.

• Love 6

Jill in the wedding, now that is funny. Dorinda is ok, but she's likely to be a drunken bridesmaid. Still, better Dorinda than the rest.

No reason not to invite Jules...she's a nice woman and it would be a diversion for her. As for the rest...Ramona, Sonja, Carole and Bethy...harridans all. Why would Lu want them anywhere near her wedding?  It would be as if Macbeth's coven of witches were summoned to the event.

• Love 4
On August 23, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Knuckles said:

Jill in the wedding, now that is funny. Dorinda is ok, but she's likely to be a drunken bridesmaid. Still, better Dorinda than the rest.

No reason not to invite Jules...she's a nice woman and it would be a diversion for her. As for the rest...Ramona, Sonja, Carole and Bethy...harridans all. Why would Lu want them anywhere near her wedding?  It would be as if Macbeth's coven of witches were summoned to the event.

For the same reason she would want any of them at her engagement party. She's a famewhore. If there is a snowball's chance in hell of this thing getting filmed and Bravo makes any demands, she will want them there like crazy. 

• Love 1

"Alexandra12, Chicago, United States, about 2 hours ago

She looks about 15 years younger than Bethenny Frankel, that is probably sweet revenge in and of itself"

The DM writer actually complimented Kelly's accessory choices; a leather "ribbon" she tied higgeldy-piggeldy into a necklace and a brown bracelet. With a black dress. I thought brown with black was a no-no.

That page was a whole bunch of (fashion forward?), imho, ugly. 

Weren't they the ones who printed that pic of Kelly with the untied halter/romper outfit? 

Kelly must alert them or knows the photogs or something. I'm quessing Beth does too. She's in probably every other week.

• Love 3