Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Somewhere Ramona Singer is just cackling with glee over this, I am sure.

I wish it had been Avery.  Is that mean?  It's nothing against Avery.  It's just that her mother has the ability to take such perverse joy in the misery of people who are supposedly her friends, I would rather SHE was the one who was dealt this particular blow if one of them had to receive it. 

I hate Ramona.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6
On 4/18/2017 at 8:18 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wish it had been Avery.  Is that mean?  It's nothing against Avery.  It's just that her mother has the ability to take such perverse joy in the misery of people who are supposedly her friends, I would rather SHE was the one who was dealt this particular blow if one of them had to receive it. 

I hate Ramona.  

I dunno. I have a soft spot for Avery. If only for how normal and well-adjusted she turned out, given who she had for parents.

• Love 6
On 4/18/2017 at 1:18 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I hate Ramona.  

Really?  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  

• Love 5
On 4/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, AndySmith said:

I dunno. I have a soft spot for Avery. If only for how normal and well-adjusted she turned out, given who she had for parents.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, IKnowRight said:

Really?  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said if having a kid arrested HAD to happen to anyone, I would have preferred it happen to Ramona because of the way she has taken joy in the suffering of her "friends." That's not quite the same thing as wishing ill upon her or her daughter out of nowhere.

Ramona has a long history of exploiting situations involving the children of her fellow housewives in order to embarrass to them and if she got a taste of her own medicine, it would serve her right in my opinion.

As I stated in my original post, I have nothing against Avery.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

So tomorrow's night guests on WWHL is Lu and Jill.  For all the naysayers that Jill will never be back on RHNY according to Andy,  don't be so sure.  just sayin.

I am beginning to believe this now. I was one of those naysayers based on comments that Andy made on his Sirius radio show. 

Breezy, I am with you on this one. 

• Love 2

I am beginning to believe this now. I was one of those naysayers based on comments that Andy made on his Sirius radio show. 

Breezy, I am with you on this one. 

I'm playing wait and see.  I know that Andy in his book really went after the production being the reason he didn't want anything to do with Jill.  So maybe this is a try out for her.  Needless to say I shall be watching with a bag of SkinnyGirl(tm) popcorn. 

The only reason it may not happen next season is that the franchise is picking up viewership each week.  So they might not want to rock the boat.  On the other hand rocking the boat sometimes get you viewers.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

So tomorrow's night guests on WWHL is Lu and Jill.  For all the naysayers that Jill will never be back on RHNY according to Andy,  don't be so sure.  just sayin.

It looked at as maybe it was time to get the old RHONYC back on track with some married ladies.  Jill has her followers and Andy obviously received positive feedback regarding the limited return of Jill.  So much for the ridiculous rumors (ROL) that Jill cost Luann her People money. 

There were comments about Luann being demoted, and it was a major burn to her because she didn't get a wedding special.  All week Bravo has had teasers of the wedding, a promo with just Luann and her talking about the wedding, her special is running again along with other RHs who either got spin-offs or had their weddings featured.   June is wedding month so it is a nice touch.  I noticed Bravo had the good taste to all show the one where the couple is still together.  No Cynthia, Joanna Krupa, Marysol or Bethenny weddings.

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I'm playing wait and see.  I know that Andy in his book really went after the production being the reason he didn't want anything to do with Jill.  So maybe this is a try out for her.  Needless to say I shall be watching with a bag of SkinnyGirl(tm) popcorn. 

The only reason it may not happen next season is that the franchise is picking up viewership each week.  So they might not want to rock the boat.  On the other hand rocking the boat sometimes get you viewers.

It is all up to Jill how she handles herself-if she is going to be the nosy get into production's face with faux storylines-there is always the door.  The highest rated season was Season 4, closely followed by Season 3 and at the end of the Season 3, Bethenny was gone at Season 4 they truly cleaned house.   They also most likely won't have Tom and Luann's relationship/marriage to talk about ad nauseam next season (fingers crossed).  They may actually get back to the business of doing things together, instead of just fighting every week.  (Doubtful.) 

• Love 5

I am not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but if there are any other Bitch Sesh listeners out there, this week's version of "A Christmas Carol" with Bethenny and her Skinnygirl empire in the Scrooge role, was truly hysterical.

• Love 1

It looked at as maybe it was time to get the old RHONYC back on track with some married ladies.  Jill has her followers and Andy obviously received positive feedback regarding the limited return of Jill

Who says they need Jill for that? And the feedback wasn't all positive...

Andy seems to think bringing back old HWs on all the franchises is what is needed, since they seem to be doing that all over.

Oh lord. If Bethenny left and Jill came back, I could write this one off. There are certain people who I find unwatchable at this point and Jill is one of them. That new woman on the OC was unwatchable enough that I gave that one up last year. It is kind of nice to get the hour back, I guess. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Source? I haven't seen anything online about it. 

Word on the street? It's how Aviva knew about Carole's ghost writer, after all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Adam and Carole have broken up

I think they broke up before/during season 8.  Last season there was no handlebar riding or playful ping pong dates, just him not wanting to talk to her (or fawn over her "beauty") on skype  and them arguing over a stupid, was never going to happen anyway cookbook and then planing their break-up-weird.

IMO it was really nothing more than a showmance anyway. It gave him exposure and it made her seem attractive and desirable and fed into this ultra hip persona she was trying to create.

I think she saw him at Luann's and started drooling over him immediately. I think either the producers (or Carole herself) pulled Adam to the side and said that he'd get exposure and a better Bravo paycheck if he became her boyfriend rather than just a one time gig as Lu's personal chef. Did we really think Mr. Sexy Salads would have gotten a spot on Chopped , let alone a win, if strings hadn't been pulled? He got to stay for free in a fabulous area of the city and get non committal sex from a woman who can't get pregnant and buys him expensive camera equipment while he jets off all over the world without her. A man's dream

I think she's lying when she tries to play cool Carole for the camera because she did let it slip last season that she thinks it might be more than a temporary relationship. I think Adam (who wants children) set her straight on that matter. He can just coast in this relationship until he finds the woman he will marry and start a family with.

I take the IG vacation pics with a grain of salt because I think they are just friends and she uses him for a prop to seem desirable and he likes the free trips.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I think they broke up before/during season 8.  Last season there was no handlebar riding or playful ping pong dates, just him not wanting to talk to her (or fawn over her "beauty") on skype  and them arguing over a stupid, was never going to happen anyway cookbook and then planing their break-up-weird.

IMO it was really nothing more than a showmance anyway. It gave him exposure and it made her seem attractive and desirable and fed into this ultra hip persona she was trying to create.

I think she saw him at Luann's and started drooling over him immediately. I think either the producers (or Carole herself) pulled Adam to the side and said that he'd get exposure and a better Bravo paycheck if he became her boyfriend rather than just a one time gig as Lu's personal chef. Did we really think Mr. Sexy Salads would have gotten a spot on Chopped , let alone a win, if strings hadn't been pulled? He got to stay for free in a fabulous area of the city and get non committal sex from a woman who can't get pregnant and buys him expensive camera equipment while he jets off all over the world without her. A man's dream

I think she's lying when she tries to play cool Carole for the camera because she did let it slip last season that she thinks it might be more than a temporary relationship. I think Adam (who wants children) set her straight on that matter. He can just coast in this relationship until he finds the woman he will marry and start a family with.

I take the IG vacation pics with a grain of salt because I think they are just friends and she uses him for a prop to seem desirable and he likes the free trips.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. 

• Love 7

Last season there was no handlebar riding or playful ping pong dates, just him not wanting to talk to her (or fawn over her "beauty") on skype  and them arguing over a stupid, was never going to happen anyway cookbook and then planing their break-up-weird.

That still ranks as one of the most cringeworthy scenes ever on this show.

I really need Heather back on the show to make Carole more likeable. (And for my own selfish reasons.)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I am on the fence with Carole, there are times I like her and a lot that I dislike her (especially when she is with Bethenny) but I think she/Adam are still a couple. That said, I do think they have the same type of relationship Carole had with Russell, open and if that works for them, fine but she needs to stop with the nasty comments about Luann/Tom's relationship. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I feel it is definitely open on Adam's side. I think he gets a lot of action especially now that he has a touch of fame. And when he's out of town I bet he has to keep a score card to keep the names right.

I know Bethenny proclaimed that we never hear anything about Adam and other women, I think he knows how to keep it discrete and not that his dick magically falls off out of Carole's presence. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 1

That said, I do think they have the same type of relationship Carole had with Russell, open

Based on what? We haven't seen any evidence of that.

• Love 3

If you told me that Adam was off fucking other girls on the side, I would find it hard to believe. If you told me that Adam was off fucking lettuce and sprouts on the side, I would completely buy it. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I have to show evidence? They have broken up. Seriously.

Not evidence -- but let me ask you --  is this like you deciding there was almost proof Hoppy was paying his lawyers with payment from the tabloids, or do you have some hardcore t to spill? :)

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I have to show evidence? They have broken up. Seriously.

Well, I could say that Luanne and Tom have separated and I think people would want to see the source, not just my word.

So how do you know that Carole and Adam have broken up?  Do you know them personally? 

How about this....Dennis has finally divorced his wife and proposed to Bethenny. Seriously.

You are posting on "Real Housewives in the Media". 

So ....Show us the Media....

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
(edited)

is this like you deciding there was almost proof Hoppy was paying his lawyers with payment from the tabloids

I'm guessing the person wasn't being serious in that example, and some people didn't get it.

So ....Show us the Media....

You must!

You must!

You must!

;-)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Sounds like you have it all figured out. 

As much as any of us do ; )

I never considered that it might be more of a showmance than a real romance -- I think she was smi'ten but I could be wrong ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
(edited)

Little things like this is why Carole will always suck ass, imo. It's the hashtag You can't sit with us that makes her such an uppity bitch. And Carole the romantic? She's the least romantic HW (person) there ever was. So rude but why am I surprised?

ETA: Not a total hater: I do like her dress and shoes a lot and her facelift/fillers seem to be settling

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

Still milking it...

How is she still milking it? The anniversary of the crash is coming up, People is doing a story about it and interviewed her for her thoughts about it...

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

And she calls other women tragedy whores....

By Carole's definition, the people who bought her memoir were tragedy whores -- readers consuming tragedy from a safe distance, feeling a false connection to those living the pain -- so I guess that makes her a grief pimp. 

From the link:

“Carolyn was not a fair-weather friend. Whether things were going great or things were going terribly, she would be there for you.  She swooped in and made all of the hundreds of hospital stays and doctors visits bearable. And she really was there for both of us nearly every day that last year of [Anthony’s] life.” 

That's a lovely tribute to Bessette -  it's rare for people to show up once or twice, never mind through hundreds of hospital visits - I wonder if Carolyn was the greater loss, in the end.  Carole had time to let Anthony go in her mind; she knew he was dying,  she knew she had to start accepting a life without him. But suddenly losing the woman  -- the friend who was going to walk her through her widowhood -- that must have been devastating. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, film noire said:

By Carole's definition, the people who bought her memoir were tragedy whores -- readers consuming tragedy from a safe distance, feeling a false connection to those living the pain -- so I guess that makes her a grief pimp. 

So she insults her fan base? She insults the people who bought her book? Kind of like when she insulted the viewers of RH's?

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/28/carole-radziwill-implying-rhony-viewers-stupid-watching-show/

She's rude, condescending and not nearly as smart or attractive as she runs around telling everyone. 

• Love 7
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

So she insults her fan base? She insults the people who bought her book? Kind of like when she insulted the viewers of RH's?

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/28/carole-radziwill-implying-rhony-viewers-stupid-watching-show/

She's rude, condescending and not nearly as smart or attractive as she runs around telling everyone. 

Thanks for the link - what an asshole.

tweet.png

tweet 2.png

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
On 2/26/2017 at 9:54 AM, HunterHunted said:

Strappy sandals are the wrong shoe for that dress. I think someone younger and more hipster could pull off the dress. Michelle Williams, Sienna Miller, Vanessa Hudgens, or Jemima Kirke.

It would've been fine as Sunday best for the girls of Little House on the Prairie.

And yet, people are still watching the show and she still gets a paycheck for it. Maybe she is smarter...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

And yet, people are still watching the show and she still gets a paycheck for it. Maybe she is smarter...

We pay to watch monkeys in the zoo, it doesn't make them smarter. Yes, she is a monkey that gets a big pay check but she is the one wallowing in a pile of shit on tv with other monkeys while we laugh at them. Just because she gets a big bag of peanuts doesn't make her better, she still reeks of monkey shit.

• Love 5