Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why is Bethenny wearing a Swarovski thong on her head?

Dorinda slurring incoherently is always entertaining, although I do wonder if she will ever realize that she should consider drinking less.

They do a good job on these trailers.  I’ve got a list of questions as well.  But it does seem we get to see a nice chunk of the countess inmate story.  I do somethings that makes sense in light of instagram posts through the filming.  So I actually had to google to find out when we start getting answers.  April 4th.  Seems like a million miles away.

• Love 2
(edited)

Whee, another season! Some immediate thoughts to the trailer:

It'll be interesting to see a rift between Bethenny and Carole. Those two have been inseparable.

I'm glad they'll be showing Bethenny's trip to Puerto Rico. 

I hope it's just editing, but I CAN'T BELIEVE that they showed Jill at Bobby's funeral saying "What am I going to do [without Bobby]? I haven't been alone since I was 20," and Bethenny immediately responding, "Well, I'm alone too." I couldn't stomach Jill in Season 3 and especially Season 4, but I feel terrible for her loss. For Bethenny to draw comparisons between Jill losing Bobby and her own love life was beyond tone-deaf. Ugh.

I hope we have loopy, fun Sonja back instead of delusional "international luxury lifestyle brand" Sonja.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 12

Bethenny “well I’m alone too” ....Bethenny summed up in 4 words  take that to the therapist Bethenny do the work and change your life !!!! FFS with her saying that to Jill at the funeral. All about Bethenny and her deep deep issues with abandonment . Here we go again . Bethenny talking and falling out w Jill is a Bethenny talking to her mother. It’s so obv. 

LOVING the Luann footage and storyline goddamn it Lu you deliver I cannot WAIT for this season .

I always feel like Dorinda’s slurring is booze added to antidepressants . I like Dorinda I think she struggles I don’t categorize her as a drunk . There’s probably some sort of depression in the mix. 

The flapper getup is some sort of dinner theatre murder mystery right ? Boring. 

• Love 6

Jennifer Lawrence was asked last night on WWHL what she was looking forward to in Season 10 of the RHONYC.  She answered, "the boat sinking."  She loves the RH shows and watches them all I just though it a funny comment.

• Love 7
(edited)

That's hilarious that Jennifer Lawrence is so on top of HW gossip that she's already anticipating the Cartagena trip. Now we just have to pray the trip doesn't get neutered down in the editing room.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda slurring incoherently is always entertaining, although I do wonder if she will ever realize that she should consider drinking less.

Supposedly that is going to be an issue in the new season. 

4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny “well I’m alone too” ....Bethenny summed up in 4 words  take that to the therapist Bethenny do the work and change your life !!!! FFS with her saying that to Jill at the funeral. 

Such BS. She has Dennis in her back pocket to take out when ever she wants him. He was just on her other show with Fredrik. He wasn't at all what I expected. Not as polished and slick. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Such BS. She has Dennis in her back pocket to take out when ever she wants him. He was just on her other show with Fredrik. He wasn't at all what I expected. Not as polished and slick. 

I agree . When is Dennis going to wake up and see that he is being used to promote her new show B&F?? She trotted him out for more in one B&F ep than the whole RHONY season! She is showing him to us on "her" show. Ask Jason how that worked out. Wake up Dennis, can't say ya weren't pre-warned! :-) 

• Love 4
On 3/2/2018 at 9:03 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

A couple of years old, but interesting.

rhony

Of all of these, I like Cuckoo Moaner's the best -- it's the airiest and the sunniest. Sonja's is the most beautiful in terms of architecture but I wonder how fresh and pristine it is IRL.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SCS said:

Of all of these, I like Cuckoo Moaner's the best -- it's the airiest and the sunniest. Sonja's is the most beautiful in terms of architecture but I wonder how fresh and pristine it is IRL.

I agree!  Ramoner's is awesome.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree . When is Dennis going to wake up and see that he is being used to promote her new show B&F?? She trotted him out for more in one B&F ep than the whole RHONY season! She is showing him to us on "her" show. Ask Jason how that worked out. Wake up Dennis, can't say ya weren't pre-warned! :-) 

Anyone who is polished and slick would tire of Bethenny's exhibitionist ways or not be interested to begin a relationship.  The head stands showing her thong are a bit tired as all the bare breasted photos.  Contrary to Beth's claims her ever changing breasts aren't that special.

On 3/2/2018 at 6:41 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I always feel like Dorinda’s slurring is booze added to antidepressants . I like Dorinda I think she struggles I don’t categorize her as a drunk . There’s probably some sort of depression in the mix. 

Dorinda is a drunk.  Love her but much like Luann she does not have control when she drinks.  Too many reports of her drinking mid day and then taking a nap and hitting it again.   Dorinda has been widowed for seven years was married for six.  She has had John in her life for six years.  I feel for Dorinda but every bad mood, every bad act isn't because you lost the love of your life.  He was a great guy and then he wasn't there anymore.  If Dorinda is so depressed perhaps she needs to let go of John and look for true love again.

• Love 11
On 3/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, Ki-in said:

I am doubting Bethenny ever threatened to quit.  Bethenny is a lot and I think she should maybe take a time out from RHONYC and focus on her real estate show where it is essentially all her.  Over saturation comes to mind when I think of Bethenny.  My second guess is hyperbole.  I don't really see Carole giving a damn one way or another about her friendship with Bethenny.  I think it was a mutually beneficial situation until there really was no increasing benefit to either party.  Third guess is Carole may just enjoy an on screen friendship with Tinsley and Dorinda.  Their time may not be as in demand as Bethenny's.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Another article about tension between the cast and Frankel:

"Moody Bethenny Frankel’s diva behavior has her Real Housewives of New York City costars beyond sick of the shenanigans, and they’re all ready for her to finally move on, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned...

“All the women are fed up with Bethenny in general,” an insider told Radar... 

“Carole fell out with Bethenny after she didn’t bother to show up or support her marathon run,” explained the insider. “She did send backhanded messages, but she never congratulated her! She just asked, ‘Oh, did you finish?’”...

“And it’s Frankel’s way or the highway. "It’s not like she’s better than everyone else,” said the insider. “They all want to support her, but if the focus isn’t on her, she destroy you.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/03/real-housewives-new-york-city-stars-want-bethenny-frankel-gone-bad-attitude/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Another article about tension between the cast and Frankel:

"Moody Bethenny Frankel’s diva behavior has her Real Housewives of New York City costars beyond sick of the shenanigans, and they’re all ready for her to finally move on, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned...

“All the women are fed up with Bethenny in general,” an insider told Radar... 

“Carole fell out with Bethenny after she didn’t bother to show up or support her marathon run,” explained the insider. “She did send backhanded messages, but she never congratulated her! She just asked, ‘Oh, did you finish?’”...

“And it’s Frankel’s way or the highway. "It’s not like she’s better than everyone else,” said the insider. “They all want to support her, but if the focus isn’t on her, she destroy you.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/03/real-housewives-new-york-city-stars-want-bethenny-frankel-gone-bad-attitude/

I smell a couple of planted stories, designed to build anticipation for the new season.  Not saying these plot twists didn't occur, just saying that we'll all have to be the judge as to whether this has all been scripted for Mr. Nielsen et al.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I smell a couple of planted stories, designed to build anticipation for the new season.    Not saying these plot twists didn't occur, just saying that we'll all have to be the judge as to whether this has all been scripted for Mr. Nielsen et al.

I think it's interesting (especially if it IS scripted) that what's being pushed is a "She's universally disliked and eveybody wants her gone" storyline  -- as pre-season chum-in-the-water, that's a very big piece of bait, imo.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, film noire said:

I think it's interesting (especially if it IS scripted) that what's being pushed is a "She's universally disliked and eveybody wants her gone" storyline  -- as pre-season chum-in-the-water, that's a very big piece of bait, imo.

I would think she would be universally disliked.  She sucks all the air out of the room.  Her intermittent bits of humor are all I've ever enjoyed about her, but they don't come often enough to compensate for her horrible demeanor.  I'll watch the first episodes to see how bad it is.  If it's too awful, I'll view it vicariously through you all here.  

1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

Makes me think the whole Puerto Rico thing will be couched as a redemption arc, honestly.

It was bullspit from inception IMO.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It was bullspit from inception IMO.  

Whatever her motivations, somebody's trying to present her as a total phony  -- from the Daily Mail link up top:

"Crew and production members are at their wits end with the reality star.

The production source offered: 'On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa, Bethenny was downright mean to the production crew and threatened to have one of the crew members fired for getting lost during production.

'It was shocking how she treated this crew member. This person was legitimately lost on an island without power and cell service - and Bethenny lost her mind, screaming at them and threatening to end their career. It was horrible. The team behind the show were amused that when the camera was turned on Bethenny was all 'namaste' and charitable and soon as the camera was switched off she'd be yelling at the crew, telling them they couldn't break for lunch and just generally making a difficult trip to a disaster zone even worse.'

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Whatever her motivations, somebody's trying to present her as a total phony  -- from the Daily Mail link up top:

"Crew and production members are at their wits end with the reality star.

The production source offered: 'On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa, Bethenny was downright mean to the production crew and threatened to have one of the crew members fired for getting lost during production.

'It was shocking how she treated this crew member. This person was legitimately lost on an island without power and cell service - and Bethenny lost her mind, screaming at them and threatening to end their career. It was horrible. The team behind the show were amused that when the camera was turned on Bethenny was all 'namaste' and charitable and soon as the camera was switched off she'd be yelling at the crew, telling them they couldn't break for lunch and just generally making a difficult trip to a disaster zone even worse.'

I read that too.  What makes you think it's someone trying to present her that way?  Perhaps she just is that way.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I read that too.  What makes you think it's someone trying to present her that way?  Perhaps she just is that way.

Oh, I have no doubt she's that way -- imo, she's a toxic narcissist completely lacking any self awareness about how abusive she is -- but I think it's pretty interesting somebody is trying to skew her self-presentation, instead of keeping it under wraps.  Because regardless of her motives (and the intially sloppy/confusing fund raising on her part) Frankel did a lot of good in PR, and these articles  are proactively painting her as a phony seeking public saintliness while savaging a crew member -- just because he got lost on the island of Puerto Rico -- and threatening to get him fired.

That is a whole lotta shade being thrown by somebody -- scripted, unscripted, Ramona drunk on Pinot and looking for revenge, one of Luann's sober assistants gone mad drinking all the hairspray, Sonja using that Bergdorf card  Tinsley gave her to snort coke  --whoever it is, somebody has a knife out for Bethy the Bully.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Maybe all of these "sources" is Jill Zarin? ;)

I can't see Bethenny walking away from this show because of a fight with Carole. She now has 2 shows to promote herself/SG, and both of which she is getting paid to do so. The only way I can see her leaving the show is if the HWs pull a Brandi from BH situation where most of them agree to not film with her.

• Love 2

Last night Sonja had a major wardrobe malfunction when she was onstage with Luanne. Her wrap dress came undone leaving her covered in only her black underwear. See story on DailyMail.co.uk. It has pictures and a video of it happening. 

Bethenny and the other Housewives were in the audience. It didn’t appear to me in the photo that Bethenny was being dissed by her fellow cast mates. She sure was smiling big at seeing Sonja’s screw up. 

• Love 3

That is a whole lotta shade being thrown by somebody -- scripted, unscripted, Ramona drunk on Pinot and looking for revenge, one of Luann's sober assistants gone mad drinking all the hairspray, Sonja using that Bergdorf card  Tinsley gave her to snort coke  --whoever it is, somebody has a knife out for Bethy the Bully.

So the only time you saw a ‘crew’ filming was when there was a special guest.  You never saw the guest so I’m thinking that was when Dorinda went with her.  There was a real fun celeb and you never saw them but later Paris Jackson said that she had been to PR with Bethenny.  I’m guessing this was a member of the Bravo crew, who got lost and had no cell service and got chewed out because they have caused a late departure for everyone.  I know that no one could travel after dark.  B noted that was one of the reasons a lot of the farther smaller villages were getting nothing, no food, no water, nothing.  So they were doing this hop/skip to get there during daylight.  But interesting that they sit on this complaint until right before the season kick off.  

I do think that Sonja threw her dress off because Bethenny is just getting way too much publicity.  

The bit with Carol, meh.  Carol was training for a marathon, Bethenny was in PR every day that she didn’t have Bryn, so sometimes things happen.  Rough summer but good tv.

• Love 4

Bethenny seems to run through people awfully quickly. It's been interesting to re-watch Season 3 and find myself wondering if Jill didn't have a point: she was there for Bethenny when B needed her, but once Bethenny met Jason and fell in love, Jill just fell by the wayside. Which happens when single friends develop relationships, but it's not carte blanche to just disappear, either. Bethenny also seemed more upset over Jill trying to sabotage her spin-off than the loss of a close friendship. I still think Jill did some awful things, but at the same time, I can see why she was hurt.

If B expects people to champion her and support her, but it's not a two-way street and she just expects people to accept that, then yeah, she's a sucky friend. "I was in Puerto Rico!" isn't an excuse. When you care about someone, it takes no time to send a quick "Congratulations on the marathon!" text. But we'll see how it plays out.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's been interesting to re-watch Season 3 and find myself wondering if Jill didn't have a point: she was there for Bethenny when B needed her, but once Bethenny met Jason and fell in love, Jill just fell by the wayside. Which happens when single friends develop relationships, but it's not carte blanche to just disappear, either. Bethenny also seemed more upset over Jill trying to sabotage her spin-off than the loss of a close friendship. I still think Jill did some awful things, but at the same time, I can see why she was hurt.

I think that was just Jill making up bullshit about Bethenny. To me, Jill expected herself to be the star and Bethenny was supposed to be her sidekick. Then Bethenny became the breakout star and was the one getting the spin-off. Jill didn't seem to react well to that and tried to go after Bethenny in season 3. Nothing to do with Bethenny spending more time or whatever with Jason, just nasty jealousy on Jill's part.

Which made it all the more satisfying when it blew up in Jill's face.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3

Lawd, lawd - 

pagesix

Humor me for a minute...what if Bethenny wanted more autonomy with her kid (hence the new custody filing), so she could move to Cali and become a RHOBH, along with her ol' pal Kyle, which might spur a comment such as that in the link?  Just empty fodder I'm sure.  ? 

• Love 5

Maybe their break-up is a tease.  But I never believed their 'friendship' to begin with. Carole wanted to be cool and part of Bethenny's universe. Heather was gone, so Carole needed another alpha to cling to.  She started smooching Beth's behind and loudly repeating what Beth told her about Jason. This pleased Beth greatly. But Beth doesn't suffer fools gladly and its easy for me to understand why Beth would think Carole a fool.  So damn easy. Once the judge, more or less, ruled in Jason's favor, Carole as mouthpiece was no longer needed. Carole, as non-supporter of Bethenny's Puerto Rico efforts, was kicked to the curb. 

I'm more interested to know if Carole and Heather are still friends.

• Love 5
On 3/9/2018 at 9:06 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Last night Sonja had a major wardrobe malfunction when she was onstage with Luanne. Her wrap dress came undone leaving her covered in only her black underwear. See story on DailyMail.co.uk. It has pictures and a video of it happening. 

I keep seeing little clips of this everywhere and all I can think is, "Is that the same wrap dress that nearly came undone when Alex was still in the cast?!"  Remember, Sonja had that party at her home with the opera singer and she was saying that her wrap dress nearly opened?  Methinks she loves this "wardrobe malfunction" for camera time.  Or girlfriend needs to learn how to tie a knot.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm more interested to know if Carole and Heather are still friends.

Me too. Heather did appear last season at an event so I'd say they are still friends but don't see each other much because their lives are so different.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I keep seeing little clips of this everywhere and all I can think is, "Is that the same wrap dress that nearly came undone when Alex was still in the cast?!"  Remember, Sonja had that party at her home with the opera singer and she was saying that her wrap dress nearly opened?  Methinks she loves this "wardrobe malfunction" for camera time.  Or girlfriend needs to learn how to tie a knot.

Carson Kressly was on the Wendy Williams Show today (hosted by Jerry O’Connell) and he was at the cabaret that night. He stated that he thought that her wardrobe malfunction was deliberate. A desperate act for attention. 

• Love 14
On 3/15/2018 at 7:32 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I just wore a DVF wrap dress to an event on Friday.  It never once budged.  The biggest oops moment I had was when I was walking out of my villa and a gust of wind came up and I quickly had to grab at the skirt to hold it closed--but the wrap held!  Honestly, for that to happen, she couldn't have even had a knot in there and she'd have to start shrugging it off/open. 

• Love 4

Lu and Dorinda spent some time on the local  KTLA morning news. Lu does not stop babbling -- she really loves the sound of her voice. I think the interviewer peeks off camera a few times as if wondering "how do I get a question in?"

Dorinda? Was Dorinda.

Nene was on, too. I'll post her stuff over in ATL.

• Love 5

Luann's dress is living proof she isn't drinking. . . very complicated arrangement.  Not crazy about the longer hair.  I will say she looks wonderful her arms are toned and she has slimmed down.  Luann needs to find a new word other than "journey".

Dorinda "normal"  she is a drunk.  Is that the new normal?  Terrible interviewer-she has no clue about the difference between Tom and John.  Oh well, not everyone is a RH viewer.

• Love 2