Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The quit vs. fired nonsense is common.   We see it a lot in government/politics and with executives.   They are allowed to resign instead of being fired which could damage their image and future employment prospects.     It's quite possible that's what happened with Bravo and Carole (and Heather).

14 minutes ago, Jel said:

Why is it gospel when Heather says something though? Until I get the time machine and invisibility cloak, there's really no way to verify either version.

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Apparently it's the gospel according to Carole which is meaningless.   I'd bet real money that Bravo told Heather she wasn't going to be asked back so she left.

Just because Heather tweeted it doesn't make it true.  

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Jel said:

Has Heather always called Bethenny "Frankel", or is that new? 

hmm

It's new, sort of like Carole's TH shot this week when talking about shopping and fashion. Everything was Bethenny Frankel...Bethenny Frankel..Bethenny Frankel

It's Carole's version of Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

200.gif

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Has Heather always called Bethenny "Frankel", or is that new? 

hmm

It’s not new, Heather has always called her castmates at various times by there last names. She wouldn’t always do it and Carole was typically Radzi but all the other woman except for Luann who she would usually call Lu or the Countess got the last name treatment. It’s one of the myriad reasons that people didn’t like her, though the use of Holla was also up there.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Has Heather ever given us a reason to believe that she lies?

It doesn't matter.   She hasn't given us a reason to think she wouldn't lie to help out a friend either.  I think Heather falls into the "allowed to leave to save face" category.  I believe she was told that she wasn't going to be asked back so she announced her departure.   It's very possible that's what happened with Carole too. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, AnnA said:

It doesn't matter.   She hasn't given us a reason to think she wouldn't lie to help out a friend either.  I think Heather falls into the "allowed to leave to save face" category.  I believe she was told that she wasn't going to be asked back so she announced her departure.   It's very possible that's what happened with Carole too. 

But in my opinion, we have learned many times that Beth has lied or egregiously misrepresented the truth. I don’t remember Heather lying. She has shown that she is loyal. But even in the Carole vs. Aviva scenes, she never lied in order to defend Carole, did she?

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But in my opinion, we have learned many times that Beth has lied or egregiously misrepresented the truth. I don’t remember Heather lying. She has shown that she is loyal. But even in the Carole vs. Aviva scenes, she never lied in order to defend Carole, did she?

I think they all lie.

I can't comment on the Carole vs Aviva scenes.   I didn't think RHONY was worth my time without Bethenny so I stopped watching and came back when she did.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah Heather is pretty straight forward. Multiple people tweeted at her to ask if she was fired or left so it makes sense that she would respond. Because Bethenny is Bethenny she didn’t just make a dig at Carole she made one about all the NY housewives to paint herself as a special snowflake. There was absolutely no reason to do such a thing.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Wicked said:

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Kindergarten 101.

If they did that Bravo would have to cancel all of the HW franchises.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 10

I agree the tweet was petty - but Carole has been thirsty levels of petty all season in her talking heads and in her blogs... so... yeah. Too bad Carole didn't just leave it at "I'm leaving" without the petty "frenemies" comment which was unnecessary. Fired, contract not renewed, left on her own accord - any version, I won't miss her and her non storylines...

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Even if Carole was fired, it still a catty thing to tweet.  Just super petty.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Kindergarten 101.

I'm not sure I agree.  Carole has been pretty scathing in her THs which probably caught Beth by surprise.  She is hitting back.  Unless, of course, you also meant Carole should have kept her mouth shut this season?  I can see that and completely agree.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, AnnA said:

Just because Heather tweeted it doesn't make it true.  

But I suppose it was definitely true when Bethenny tweeted...

On the topic of the talking heads, we all know that their producers ask them about things that are going on during filming. Bethenny is very opinionated. I'd hazard a guess that she's said her fair share of bitchy things about Carole in her THs but the editors for whatever reason have been far more interested in Carole's take on this friendship breakdown than Bethenny's.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

Bethenny in that very tweet said "no RHONY cast member has ever quit." What's the implication there? Bethenny did the same mess during the season with that "I never called Carole a 'puppet'" but everyone knew what the implication was. Just because Bethenny didn't use the exact word "fired" (or "puppet") doesn't mean that it wasn't what she was getting at.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny never said Carole was fired

Bethenny never said Heather or Kelly were fired either.

image.png

Notice also, Heather doesn't say I quit, she says I left the show. She also doesn't say I was asked to return for the next season and offered a contract but I turned it down.

Heather got totally shaded when she appeared at the NYC marathon. Usually the editors put in their full name - like they did with Jill Zarin. In the marathon scene they referred to her as Heather - Carole's friend. Bwahahaha

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5

I liked Heather.  She has a successful business and her son had a lot of health challenges, so, I can believe she quit.  That stump, Aviva, probably got fired, though.  She and her father George were absolutely horrible. She didn't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Kelly Bensimon is also tweeting that she was not fired.

Kelly K. Bensimon

@kellybensimon

Dear #RHONY fans. I’m obsessed with facts. I was not fired. Bravo is a business. We made a deal which I agreed to. I apologize for any of the ladies who speak without facts. I got you!

7:21 PM · Aug 2, 2018

23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Notice also, Heather doesn't say I quit, she says I left the show. She also doesn't say I was asked to return for the next season and offered a contract but I turned it down.

Heather got totally shaded when she appeared at the NYC marathon. Usually the editors put in their full name - like they did with Jill Zarin. In the marathon scene they referred to her as Heather - Carole's friend. Bwahahaha

Neither did Kelly.  I don't think Carole did either.

• Love 6

The "deal" Bravo made with Kelly aka contract not renewed... LOL... And thanks for pointing out BF never said they were "fired"... there is a difference btwn being "fired" and not having your contract renewed. I'm presuming the latter includes the ability to spin it however they choose...  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Neither did Kelly.  I don't think Carole did either.

I think you're right.

On Wednesday, July 25. Her rep gave a statement to Us Weekly at the time: “After six seasons on Bravo’s RHONYC, I have decided to return to what I do best – journalism and producing. I am sure this does not come as a surprise to any of the viewers, all of whom have been supportive, encouraging, and kind. My original curiosity about reality television has waned over the years and I am focusing on TV and writing projects that better suit my more steady temperament. I have worked with amazing producers, made great friends, and I’m thrilled to leave frenemies behind. I will remember this entire experience with delight, humor, and a veracious accuracy.”

No I quit anywhere in that sentence.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

I think they all lie.

I can't comment on the Carole vs Aviva scenes.   I didn't think RHONY was worth my time without Bethenny so I stopped watching and came back when she did.

Well then, if they all lie, why would anyone take Beth's word as truth?  Just asking.  The woman who was lost at sea, homeless and bled all over NY.

I think the dissecting is on overload.  Beth implied that Carole was fired and that others were as well as fact.  She stated as fact that she was the only housewife that 'quit'.  Heather states she was not 'fired'.  I don't know.  What's the difference between saying you're left the show without being fired and quitting?

MMV but Beth has been known to ignore facts.

• Love 16

In regards to casting rumors for Beverly Hills, Andy himself says

"The thing about it is, we don't announce casting until the show's really about to come out," he said. "So you're not going to hear anything from me for awhile."

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/08/04/andy-cohen-on-rumors-that-denise-richards-is-joining-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-exclusive/23495397/

I'm supposed to believe that Bethenny not only speaks the truth, but is operating as Andy's surrogate when the man himself says as a matter of course they don't announce casting decisions this early. Oooooooookay Bethenny.

I had a much longer post in the episode thread about the many reasons why Bravo would never announce the departure of a cast member at this point in a season, especially if they thought she was divisive enough to be fired. The reason Bravo would never announce this early even for someone as hated as Aviva is because it's a signal to viewers that whatever or whomever they find unpleasant is not going to abate for this season. It basically undermines the viewership of the remaining episodes of this season in favor of hyping the possibility of next season. No network would potentially crater their ratings like that. And if they truly thought the episodes were worthless, they'd just burn them off rather than undermine the franchise as a whole.

If you think Carole is being a petty manipulative cow who is harping on Bethenny for no reason, letting her announce that she's leaving and happy to be done with frenemies means that you, the viewer, can reasonably expect Carole to continue to complain about Bethenny for the remaining episodes and throughout the reunion. If you find this behavior so objectionable, why would you watch these episodes. So saying that Carole announced her departure because Bravo fired her means that Bravo knew she was a bust and decided to go with the brilliant marketing strategy of "for the immediate future, here's more of that thing you hate." This literally doesn't make any sense. Bravo would much rather keep their cards close to their chest until after the season ends to announce who is and isn't out for a number of reasons:

1. If you're sick of the Carole/Bethenny feud, this announcement is a tip off that it never resolves itself and provides a reason to skip the rest of the episodes;
  2. If you're a big enough Carole fan, the announcement might be enough to get you to bail on the season and the series;
  3. If you dislike Carole enough, this announcement might be enough to motivate you to skip the rest of the season and just wait for next season;
  4. Announcing early, gives a housewife more incentive to start leaking significant details of the rest of the season and reunion to the blogs; and
  5. I don't believe Bravo would do anything to impair the ratings; announcing a cast departure while a season is airing very well could have screwed with ratings.

Furthermore, neither Bravo nor Andy have ever really demonstrated that they care to spare the feelings of any of the wives. I think Carole quit and is going a little bit scorched earth on Bethenny.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14

Carole's situation is interesting.  I could see it going both ways - the show letting her go or her leaving on her own.   I saw an interview with Shannon from the OC and she said none of the wives leave willingly, and that while it can be hard sometimes, the pro's of participating outweigh the cons.  That I believe....with perhaps this exception and maybe even Heather.

Betheny is so toxic that I could see the scales tipping in the other direction and that while money, trips, fame, etc is good, it might not be good enough to endure Betheny.  That, IMO, is how bad Betheny is.  

I hope we see a revolt of some sort.   

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I liked Heather.  She has a successful business and her son had a lot of health challenges, so, I can believe she quit.  That stump, Aviva, probably got fired, though.  She and her father George were absolutely horrible. She didn't have a leg to stand on.

tenor.gif?itemid=5310382

Edited by SCS
  • Love 5

With her statement about not compromising her morals or whatever, I think she was given an ultimatum. She either had to reconcile with B, or walk away. So technically, that’s not being fired. It’s choosing to leave. Carole has always been a bit of a back up dancer. This worked well with the strong personalities like Heather & Bethenny, but not so much with Tinsley. Think about it, if something went down, B had lots of opinions & will rehash things with Carole which keeps the storyline moving. Tinsley doesn’t talk about much other than Scott. I like Tinsley & think she’s a good addition but she’s not strong enough to carry Carole. 

Andy has said in the past that the HWs are very coddled. They take great pains to get the women’s trust.  I really think most of the situations he gives them the option to say they had made the decision.  That way they are not so angry & will,come back for appearances,etc. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I saw an interview with Shannon from the OC and she said none of the wives leave willingly, and that while it can be hard sometimes, the pro's of participating outweigh the cons.  That I believe....with perhaps this exception and maybe even Heather.

Interesting that Shannon said this bc I thought it was clear that Heather Dubrow quit.  I believe Heather Thompson quit as well.  I think both Heathers were in a position to be financially well off enough to walk away.  Many of the other HWs need the Bravo $$ to fund their lifestyle.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Interesting that Shannon said this bc I thought it was clear that Heather Dubrow quit.  

I'll try to be brief cuz it's not Heather D's or the OC thread:

From what I recall, this (like many of these departures) was never 100%. What I heard was that Heather was too selective with production about letting them see her life -- too controlling about giving the cameras access. In her first season viewers saw what we were told was the Dubrows' entrance hall (it had the double staircase), the back lawn, and the kitchen (cakegate!) but very little of the home. Then she announced she had created a gathering area in her bathroom (because who doesn't want to have champs in close proximity to a toilet?) and much of her in-home footage was there. Then Versailles OC went into construction and she may have been told she needed to grant greater access. Since, as you say, she is financially able to walk away, it may not have been that tough a decision.

Edited by SCS
Forgot cakegate and the sullied bow
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

Carole's situation is interesting.  I could see it going both ways - the show letting her go or her leaving on her own.   I saw an interview with Shannon from the OC and she said none of the wives leave willingly, and that while it can be hard sometimes, the pro's of participating outweigh the cons.  That I believe....with perhaps this exception and maybe even Heather.

Well I don't care much for Shannon.  It doesn't surprise me that she wouldn't see putting her children or family first as a reason to give up her fame and adoration.  I believe some women --- Heather Thomson and Heather Dubrow --- saw the wisdom of keeping their families together as a big pro that outweighed the con.  

Did Bravo give their blessing for Carole to announce her leaving the show?  If not, I wonder what is the status of her friendship with Andy. 

Thank you @SCS!!!  I LOVE Dr. Steve Brule!!!!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Normades said:

Did Bravo give their blessing for Carole to announce her leaving the show?  If not, I wonder what is the status of her friendship with Andy. 

I think that’s why we are seeing B finally say something about the situation. She has been pretty mum as Carole has repeatedly bashed her on blogs & SM. If Carole pissed off Andy by announcing before the reunion, he might have had B post about the firing. I don’t think we will ever get the full story tho. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Bethenny in that very tweet said "no RHONY cast member has ever quit." What's the implication there? 

Easy.  None of the RHONYs have ever quit/resigned. 

As in, "I quit, Andy."  Or, "Consider this notice, my resignation."

• Love 4

Heather's tweet back to Beth wasn't very well thought out.

15 hours ago, AnnA said:

image.png

Frankel never said Holla was fired, nor did she say she was responsible for Heather leaving. Doth protest, much?

Take her tweet line by line:

"I left the show."  (Yeah, Captain Obvious)

"I was not fired Frankel had zip zero to do with my decision."  (She never said you did to either of those statements.)

"She is certainly not the only housewife who has left the franchise nor am I."  (Again, Capt. Obs, we're aware. Kelly, Jill, Alex, Cindy, Aviva, Kristen and Jules left, too.)

She could have been very clear and unambiguous in her tweet. By saying  in response to Bethenny something very simple like, " I was asked to come back for season 8 but chose not to."

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Easy.  None of the RHONYs have ever quit/resigned. 

As in, "I quit, Andy."  Or, "Consider this notice, my resignation."

Again, Bethenny likes to get funny with language, which is exactly why I gave an example of her denial using the word "puppet" when that's exactly what she meant when she spoke with Ramona in whatever episode it was. So, no, Bethenny didn't say "fired," but saying, "Aside from the 3 years I left, no RHONY cast member has ever quit" implies that any other RHONY cast member not named Bethenny Frankel was fired.

Heather spoke up to refute that.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Again, Bethenny likes to get funny with language, which is exactly why I gave an example of her denial using the word "puppet" when that's exactly what she meant when she spoke with Ramona in whatever episode it was. So, no, Bethenny didn't say "fired," but saying, "Aside from the 3 years I left, no RHONY cast member has ever quit" implies that any other RHONY cast member not named Bethenny Frankel was fired.

Exactly.  B's comment implied that every housewife who left Bravo did so against their wishes.  When you start dissecting language, you've lost the argument, in my opinion.  I mean, it depends on what the definition of "is" is!!!  ;)

• Love 8
16 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Kelly K. Bensimon

@kellybensimon

Dear #RHONY fans. I’m obsessed with facts. I was not fired. Bravo is a business. We made a deal which I agreed to. I apologize for any of the ladies who speak without facts. I got you!

7:21 PM · Aug 2, 2018

12 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Frankel never said Holla was fired, nor did she say she was responsible for Heather leaving. Doth protest, much?

"I was not fired Frankel had zip zero to do with my decision."  (She never said you did to either of those statements.)

"She is certainly not the only housewife who has left the franchise nor am I."  (Again, Capt. Obs, we're aware. Kelly, Jill, Alex, Cindy, Aviva, Kristen and Jules left, too.)

She could have been very clear and unambitious in her tweet. By saying  in response to Bethenny something very simple like, " I was asked to come back for season 8 but chose not to."

Neither was Kelly's LOL

Bethenny didn't use the word fired and both Heather and Kelly avoided using the word  quit

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ryebread said:

She could have been very clear and unambitious in her tweet. By saying  in response to Bethenny something very simple like, " I was asked to come back for season 8 but chose not to."

Also, because we don't know what exactly xoxooliviajewell tweeted at Heather, we don't know if Heather was including information that the tweeter said in her tweet. Just like a couple folks here are so certain that Andy has Bethenny do his bidding or that Bethenny has more control over casting, it very well could have been that xoxooliviajewell tweeted something like, "Bethenny always gets what she wants with which wives stay on the show." Without access to xoxoliviajewell's tweet (her account is locked), we can't know to what, exactly, Heather was responding in that tweet. We do know that she also responded to Bethenny's tweet, though.

2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Exactly.  B's comment implied that every housewife who left Bravo did so against their wishes.  When you start dissecting language, you've lost the argument, in my opinion.  I mean, it depends on what the definition of "is" is!!!  ;)

When you have to look at the messenger (Bethenny, known exaggerator and flat out liar extraordinaire), dissecting language becomes important. The response to those who are adamant that because Bethenny didn't use the exact word "fire" she didn't mean fire should apply there, really.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Wicked said:

Even if Carole was fired, it still a catty thing to tweet.  Just super petty.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Kindergarten 101.

I think petty begets petty. Carol should have left the frenemies line out and really, “what morals” was production forcing her to betray? 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Again, Bethenny likes to get funny with language, which is exactly why I gave an example of her denial using the word "puppet" when that's exactly what she meant when she spoke with Ramona

5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny didn't use the work fired and both Heather and Kelly avoided using the word  quit

Heather and Beth are both being ambiguous in their tweets.

Kelly just has a comprehension problem.

11 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Badly. Imo.

I would have completely believed her over Bethenny had she just said, "I don't know what you're trying to imply but I was offered an apple and chose not to take it."

Bethenny, may very well be trying to imply something here, they are both trying to play a game. Heather is just not as good at it. Which could be taken as a compliment.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, prettybird said:

I think that’s why we are seeing B finally say something about the situation. She has been pretty mum as Carole has repeatedly bashed her on blogs & SM. If Carole pissed off Andy by announcing before the reunion, he might have had B post about the firing. I don’t think we will ever get the full story tho. 

I partially believe Bethenny not so much because I am team B but because over the years she has, as far as my memory allows me to recall, she has never broken the fourth wall. Going so far as to defend bravo when a housewife has made statements about their mistreatment at bravo’s hands. 

I’m looking at you crazy bensimon saying the you were “forced” to go on the crazy island trip and that they forced liquor down your throat. 

The one thing that B has always done is toe the company line.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I also think this fight was a two way street. Both Carole and Bethany are pretty self-centered people who I think are used to being “The Star” in a friendship. 

I disagree that Carole is used to being "The Star" in any relationship at all. I think she always plays supporting role to a much stronger personality (and to one who is always the attention-getter in her twosomes) -- ie, Bethenny, Heather, Carolyn, even Anthony. She's always the supporting character, the quieter one. And, I think she doesn't want to be that anymore. Desperately. I think SHE wants to be the star, the :important" one, the one who gets the attention when she walks in the room. Hence her change in the way she dresses, the way she interacts, the friendship with Tinsley. But, it doesn't come naturally to her and I think that's what is at the core of what some of us see as her inauthenticity over the last year or so. It bugs me, personally, because I feel like I haven't seen her just being herself for a long time. And I liked her.

I have a very close friend who is always that person in the twosome. She went through a similar struggle and it was really bizarre and we had a rough couple of years. She resented me for being who I am and I resented her for trying to be someone she wasn't and we had to totally rebuild our friendship. She's back to normal now and very content with who she is (and, honestly, people really value her as a friend which she saw for herself). That was back in our 20s, thank goodness. I think something about the Adam relationship and break up triggered all of this. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, bagger said:

I think petty begets petty. Carol should have left the frenemies line out and really, “what morals” was production forcing her to betray? 

Perhaps the morals thing has something to do with Andy. There was a blind item a couple weeks ago, allegedly about him.  It said several men were going to come forward to say that he sexually harassed, date raped or assaulted them.  I posted in Small Talk, here: 

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/1870-small-talk-the-regency-bar/?do=findComment&comment=4519632

I was told by a couple people that this was old news and well known.

If this is true, and Carole being such an old and trusted friend of his, probably had an inkling. I mean, if @HunterHuntedand @BckpckFullaNinjashave heard that he's capable, Carole HAD to know it. 

Maybe that's the behavior she could no longer be complicit to.  If so, hats off to her because she was one of the first ones to jump on the #Metoo movement.

• Love 4
Just now, Happy Camper said:

I recall that when the initial stages of the Beth/Carole feud began, there was some speculation that it was a fake story line for ratings. 

Does anyone still believe that theory?

Well, maybe I was wrong.  Hahaha. Now my theory is that Carole quit because she was told it wasn’t an acceptable story line for next year.  And we all know from the Luann vendetta that Carole doesn’t quit.   So her morals told her she had to continue to attack Bethenny and she needed to leave instead.l. Remember they start shooting in the fall.  So not that long until next year.

4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well, maybe I was wrong.  Hahaha. Now my theory is that Carole quit because she was told it wasn’t an acceptable story line for next year.  And we all know from the Luann vendetta that Carole doesn’t quit.   So her morals told her she had to continue to attack Bethenny and she needed to leave instead.l. Remember they start shooting in the fall.  So not that long until next year.

Hey, Quinn, I wasn't pointing out anyone directly, there were several people that had the same thought.

Anyhow so many people are just tired of this feud, and yet everyone is talking about it.

And I have changed my mind many times about housewives/situations! I used to like Bethenny and Luann. Now, not so much.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Perhaps the morals thing has something to do with Andy. There was a blind item a couple weeks ago, allegedly about him.  It said several men were going to come forward to say that he sexually harassed, date raped or assaulted them.  I posted in Small Talk, here: 

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/1870-small-talk-the-regency-bar/?do=findComment&comment=4519632

I was told by a couple people that this was old news and well known.

If this is true, and Carole being such an old and trusted friend of his, probably had an inkling. I mean, if @HunterHuntedand @BckpckFullaNinjashave heard that he's capable, Carole HAD to know it. 

Maybe that's the behavior she could no longer be complicit to.  If so, hats off to her because she was one of the first ones to jump on the #Metoo movement.

I recall that posting and yeah i had heard similar stories about Andy. However, being that Carol had already taken aim at Bethenny with the Frenemies line she should have left that morality issue out of it. She very cowardly wanted to put the story out there but left it up to interpretation that B was the Amoral or Imoral party in her line. Carol has been palling around with Andy for many years, just like she had an opportunity to see what B was like before pursuing a friendship with her. Shame on her for not owning her lack of judgement and now putting it all on them, bravo, Andy, Bethenny etc.

8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No snark on my end but what kind of morals tells an individual to continue attacking?

Edited by bagger
  • Love 5

(pulling down the interrogation lamp)

Carole, were you asked to return to the show next year? Just the facts, ma'am, yes or no?

if yes, were there any stipulations attached to your return?

if she was fired for anythingbethenny related, why not say so? Ego? Contractual obligations? She'd get a lot of support from the viewers who don't like bethenny.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I disagree that Carole is used to being "The Star" in any relationship at all. I think she always plays supporting role to a much stronger personality (and to one who is always the attention-getter in her twosomes) -- ie, Bethenny, Heather, Carolyn, even Anthony.

snip

It bugs me, personally, because I feel like I haven't seen her just being herself for a long time.

Bolded:  Yasss.

Second point:  if you are right, and I tend to agree, Carole is trying to step out of the shadows. The shadows of stronger personalities and also the shadow of who she has been pretending not to be.  A bi woman.  Shrug.  Who knows? I can see it.  A good friend of mine in high school was gay. I knew it, he knew it but it wasn't easy to come out then. It wasn't until he became friendly with a group of guys who were completely out, did he feel free enough to come out himself.

One of Carole's besties, Cassandra Grey, the one that Carole consoled last summer after Cassandra's husband died, is apparently with Samantha Ronson now.  (Samantha is Lindsay Lohan's ex-partner.) Maybe Carole is following in Cassandra's footsteps and becoming more open and authentic. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Hey, Quinn, I wasn't pointing out anyone directly, there were several people that had the same thought.

Oh I know.  I wasn’t alone.  I still think there is something inauthentic about the whole fight and I struggle to figure out what my issue is.  So fake fight solved it all.  Now it’s the mystery event in the summer.  Something don’t smell right.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, ryebread said:

One of Carole's besties, Cassandra Grey, the one that Carole consoled last summer after Cassandra's husband died, is apparently with Samantha Ronson now.  (Samantha is Lindsay Lohan's ex-partner.) Maybe Carole is following in Cassandra's footsteps and becoming more open and authentic. 

This would again tend to support what a few are saying that Carol is nothing but a follower, no original ideas of her own and no life to lead on her own, she will always need someone to lead HER by example. I had a friend in High School he befriended a lesbian school mate and before we knew it she was also dating a girl. No big deal to any of us but the only reason she did it was to “fit” in with her new friend. Years after the fact she freely admits it and if in the months to come this is what we see from Carol I will tend to think that it is her way of commiserating, fitting in, belonging with her friend Cassandra.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, AnnA said:

Kelly K. Bensimon

@kellybensimon

Bravo to Kelly: “here’s the proposal, we are not renewing your contract. Please don’t show up for filming, and we won’t send cameras to your house.” (They could have also said, “your services are no longer needed,” or, “we no longer think you have a story to tell,” or, “our legal dept. thinks you are a risk to the show,” or, “YOU’RE FIRED!”

Kelly to Bravo: (After several attempts to renegotiate the proposal,  “I agree that we cannot come to acceptable terms.” 

It’s well known that Aviva represented her during these negotiations. 

For all of you that are going to start fact checking, and posting about the lack of proof for this post, please note: it’s humor. Please don’t bombard me with attempts to insert reasons why this is incorrect. Also, sometimes some people don’t find my humor to their liking. I’m ok with that. ?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, breezy424 said:

MMV but Beth has been known to ignore facts.

I always thought everything Our Lady of the Torturous Colon said on social media was true, Breezy! From Frankel's claim that she had no idea what a hashtag is, to telling the world she had to post film of Cookie because it was the middle of the night, to her instructive tweet (in the wake of #metoo gaining traction last winter) that many women make false rape accusations (because in Frankel's world, it's the rape victims who lie, not the perps -- perps are her dating pool) all of Frankel's words are bedrock truth.

Or maybe -- wild thought here (and mileage varies, as always) -- maybe instead we can say (with a mountain of Bethenny's words to back up the claim) that Frankel is a chronic liar. No riddle of the Sphinx to be grappled with, imo, no second gunman on the grassy knoll to unveil -- just that: Frankel is a liar. 

We've seen her lie on every tv show she's had, she's lied on every other tv show she's been on, she's lied in print interviews, on social media, in her books (and most of all,  lied to herself about how toxic, unstable and untrustworthy she is).   She's the queen of lies, the LeBron James of lies, she's the motherfucking Doctor Seuss of lies ("You'll look up and down lies,  look 'em over with care! About NONE you will say, "I don't choose to go there!!") and this lie (that she was the only housewife to ever walk away) is no different that the laundry list of fibs, falsehoods, and fictions told by Bethenny Frankel -- earnestly, and often-- every day of her public life.  

eta:

Carol is nothing but a follower, no original ideas of her own and no life to lead on her own

Frankel lives her life screaming on tv, flashing her tits and ass, pissing on camera and dating loan sharks and "alleged" rapists; Radziwill hangs with an A-list Hollywood crowd, lunched with Sue Mengers, and dated Clooney.

I dislike them both, but if the difference in those two lifestyles makes Carole a follower,  and Frankel a leader of men, then sweet jesus, sign me up for Radziwill's sad, meek little life.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16