Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On July 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I get that, but how about just run the damn trailer, like every other network does. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've only seen the Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia (with HWs) commercials on Bravo.    Does anyone know if they're shown on the other networks?     I'm guessing they are not.  With a few exceptions, people who don't watch the HWs wouldn't recognize them anyway.    Exactly zero - none - not one of my friends, family,  co-workers or neighbors watches the HW shows.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I've only seen the Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia (with HWs) commercials on Bravo.    Does anyone know if they're shown on the other networks?     I'm guessing they are not.  With a few exceptions, people who don't watch the HWs wouldn't recognize them anyway.    Exactly zero - none - not one of my friends, family,  co-workers or neighbors watches the HW shows.

That’s the point. These specific commercials are run on Bravo- usually in the HW’s time slots. If another network chose to engage in this type of partnership/ agreement with advertisers, they would use stars that would garner attention from their specific viewers. Know what I mean? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

That’s the point. These specific commercials are run on Bravo- usually in the HW’s time slots. If another network chose to engage in this type of partnership/ agreement with advertisers, they would use stars that would garner attention from their specific viewers. Know what I mean? 

I wonder how well it's working.  Bravo's ratings aren't great so the pool of viewers isn't either and so many people DVR everything and FF through the commercials.

• Love 2
Just now, AnnA said:

I wonder how well it's working.  Bravo's ratings aren't great so the pool of viewers isn't either and so many people DVR everything and FF through the commercials.

Yep.. I’m a fast forwarding fool. But, I have gotten “caught” as I see a glimpse of Tinsley... I stop for a second, realize it’s the commercial then fast forward again. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

They have been doing through the different franchises for over a year, Atlanta did a Blamk Panther one, so I imagine they are getting enough traction to continue.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They have been doing through the different franchises for over a year, Atlanta did a Blamk Panther one, so I imagine they are getting enough traction to continue.

It's also a way to subsidize a HW's income without giving her a raise.   This way the advertiser pays them and Bravo saves money.   I've become so cynical; it's sad.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

2 hours ago, AnnA said:

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Yep.. I’m a fast forwarding fool. But, I have gotten “caught” as I see a glimpse of Tinsley... I stop for a second, realize it’s the commercial then fast forward again. 

Bravo's viewers are wealthier and better educated than most networks. So even if these ads only reach 2 million eyes, they are eyes with money. By putting housewives in commercials, they prevent the fast forwarding.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bravo's viewers are wealthier and better educated than most networks. So even if these ads only reach 2 million eyes, they are eyes with money. By putting housewives in commercials, they prevent the fast forwarding.

Really?   Considering the trash factor of Bravo programming that surprises me. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Really?   Considering the trash factor of Bravo programming that surprises me. 

It shouldn't because enjoyment of these shows requires viewers who are fairly sophisticated and worldly. They aren't good shows. But because wealth and class have a very strong throughline in their shows, viewers need to be conversant in those issues, which means they probably have some college education and a pretty good household income.

• Love 4
(edited)

Didn't really know  where to put this, the seating chart for the reunion is out per Bravo:

Sitting next to Andy: Bethenny and Carole on opposite sides.

Bethenny, Sonja and Ramona are on one couch, with Sonja between Bethenny and Ramona.  Ramona at the far end. 

Carole, Dorinda and Tinsley on the other couch with Dorinda between Carole and Tinsley.

There was a time when Ramona was assured a seat next to Andy.  No more, I guess.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/videos/get-your-first-look-at-the-real-housewives-of

Bethenny has also tweeted:  "Reunion: Easy Breezy"

Clip from TMZ has Ramona, Sonja and Tinsely arriving at reunion and being asked about LuAnn.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/luann-de-lesseps-missed-by-rhony-cast-season-10-reunion-taping-rehab/

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, mwell345 said:

Didn't really know  where to put this, the seating chart for the reunion is out per Bravo:

Sitting next to Andy: Bethenny and Carole on opposite sides.

Bethenny, Sonja and Ramona are on one couch, with Sonja between Bethenny and Ramona.  Ramona at the far end. 

Carole, Dorinda and Tinsley on the other couch with Dorinda between Carole and Tinsley.

There was a time when Ramona was assured a seat next to Andy.  No more, I guess.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/videos/get-your-first-look-at-the-real-housewives-of

Bethenny has also tweeted:  "Reunion: Easy Breezy"

Clip from TMZ has Ramona, Sonja and Tinsely arriving at reunion and being asked about LuAnn.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/luann-de-lesseps-missed-by-rhony-cast-season-10-reunion-taping-rehab/

According to this article, the reunion was not "Easy Breezy" for Bethenny.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhony-reunion-at-some-points-it-was-everybody-vs-bethenny-frankel/  

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 11:40 AM, Happy Camper said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhony-reunion-at-some-points-it-was-everybody-vs-bethenny-frankel/  

LOL - I thought her tweet was suspect - since when is anything "easy breezy" for Bethenny?

Bethenny is a classic example of someone who can dish it out but can't take it.  She's ripped the others apart in previous reunions (and during the season) but the fragile little flower can't deal with the tables being turned?  Carole has been cool, calm and collected during all of her "discussions" with Bethenny this season - Carole hasn't backed down and Bethenny hasn't been able to successfully berate her into submission.

I'm a fan of neither, but this  will be worth watching, if only to see Andy sitting  between his two buddies as they go at each other. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 11
(edited)
On July 19, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Happy Camper said:

That's exactly what I expected from Andy and Bravo.    Even though LuAnn's arrest/rehab/lawsuit/rehab2 is a much juicier storyline,  the Bethenny/Carole feud dominated the season.   Without LuAnn's participation what else is there to be the focal point?   Ramona, Sonja and Tinsley were duds this season. IMO Dorinda's drinking is a worthy reunion topic.   I wonder if they'll get into it. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I did read somewhere that Andy said they will discuss LuAnn,rehab,etc. Meaning he will go through the motions and ask them something about it, and they will all say that they support her and wish her the best, blah, blah, blah.  I wouldn’t be surprised if most of that discussion ends up on the cutting room floor. 

One interesting thing from that article is that Bethenny apparently accuses Carole of “writing an article or something about LuAnn” and Carole says B is lying.  Wonder what that’s about.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm a Carol fan, but, she must have known the nature of the Real Housewives franchise, when she first signed up.  IMO, it's not for kind hearts, gentle spirits and intellectual propensities.  lol  I do get where she's coming from though.  It's a real ship show and I do question myself as to what need do I have to watch this train wreck......I'm not sure. It fills some kind of need, I suppose.  But, I respect Carol for getting out.  And, if she wants to say that it was moral thing with her, then so be it.  Everyone has a right to speak their truth, imo.

Carole Radziwill‘s decision to leave The Real Housewives of New York City was a choice to follow her heart and not her bank account, she implied on Friday while suggesting that the hit Bravo series was forcing her to go against her “value system.”

https://people.com/tv/rhony-carole-radziwill-leave-gracefully-exclusive/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
On 7/21/2018 at 4:18 PM, mwell345 said:

One interesting thing from that article is that Bethenny apparently accuses Carole of “writing an article or something about LuAnn” and Carole says B is lying.  Wonder what that’s about.

Given what we've seen of Carole's ability to meet deadlines, does it even seem likely that any publication would want Carole to write an article about Luann especially given how fast tabloid deadlines are. This just sounds like slanderous bullshit from Bethenny. Maybe someone approached her to write a piece, but there is no way Carole was able to produce one.

• Love 4
On 5/25/2018 at 5:01 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Luann says she was DOSED.  She's going to plead to reduced charge.

Considering the antics of Countess de LeHorny, I imagine she's had a dose or 2 in her randy past.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Are we surprised?  Pfttt.

This article is months old and a synopsis of what she said on a tv show she just said that she almost felt like she was dosed, since she hasn’t pursued that in anyway and gotten a plea deal that reduced all the charges it seems it didn’t come to anything.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, snarts said:

Blind Item

Which housewife, who is currently close to Bethenny and has been found to use Page Six to repeatedly defame her fellow housewives, is currently using Page Six to say that a now former castmate was fired instead of quitting in order to curry favor with the volatile and mercurial Bethenny?

NO ONE has EVER been fired from any of these franchises for leaking or selling stories to the tabloids--not Sonja, not Teresa, not LVP, not Brandi, not Jill, and certainly not Carole.

Bethenny and her "pal" Sonja are trying to defame Carole in the most transparent and stupid way possible. Sonja gave quotes to Page Six about Tinsley that were nearly verbatim to things she said on fucking camera. Furthermore, what info could Carole be selling to the tabloids? It can't be about Luann because they aren't close enough that Luann would ever confide in Carole, plus most of Luann's issues were public. It can't be about Jill because Carole doesn't know Jill. It can't be Dorinda because she's barely been in the news. This leaves Bethenny and the only thing remotely private that leaked was about the dissolution of her friendship with Carole and that only started coming out once filming was nearly wrapped.*

Carole is gone because she's gone; it's likely because she thought the money wasn't worth all the aggravation. No secret. No mystery. She finds Bethenny to be a lying manipulative deceitful shrill cow and she, Carole, isn't getting paid one million Bethenny Bucks to put up with it.

And frankly those two blog posts quote the same source--Page Six. Sooooooo there aren't so much reports going around as there is a single source picked up and mimeographed by a bunch of bloggers.

*P.S. lots of shit about Bethenny comes out on its own because she's an intensely public figure who is covered extensively in the tabloids.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.

i hope it's true.   She's such a sour puss.

I don’t think she was fired however I do think she was given a healthy shove by her pal Andy allowing her to save face. While they were filming Carole thought she was “winning” filming ended and the episodes started playing and lo and behold no matter what she did she was turning a lot of viewers off. The writing was on the wall by mid season. Maybe the reunion didn’t go as well as she thought it would and Andy told her so. 

Andy: hey Carole, things haven’t really gone your way. Your Q rating without bethenny has plummeted.

carole: no it hasn’t.

andy: oh sweety yes, yes it has. Now be a good girl apologize to bethenny and all will be forgiven. 

carole: (stomping feet) I won’t do it! She is an Adam hater I won’t, I won’t do it.

andy: sweety if you don’t you won’t be asked back

carole: I quit!!!!!

andy: ok booh nite nite

thats how I imagine it played out.

• Love 7
On 7/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, mwell345 said:

LOL - I thought her tweet was suspect - since when is anything "easy breezy" for Bethenny?

Bethenny is a classic example of someone who can dish it out but can't take it.  She's ripped the others apart in previous reunions (and during the season) but the fragile little flower can't deal with the tables being turned?  Carole has been cool, calm and collected during all of her "discussions" with Bethenny this season - Carole hasn't backed down and Bethenny hasn't been able to successfully berate her into submission.

I'm a fan of neither, but this  will be worth watching, if only to see Andy sitting  between his two buddies as they go at each other. 

I am a fan of Bethany, but a truer statement about her has yet to be written.

42 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Whether or not Carole was fired matters most to her detractors.  Otherwise, it's rather inconsequential, save for maybe Carole.

True, we would relish it.

• Love 7

Bethenny and her "pal" Sonja are trying to defame Carole in the most transparent and stupid way possible.

My only objection to this  - because honestly, I just don't care that much - is that while it's always amusing to see the 'Bethenny controls the world' conspiracies come out - is that I think everyone who watches the show immediately began wondering if she was really walking away or if she was fired. Because really, she's not that popular and doesn't play well with any other cast member and has had nothing but tedious storylines.

My point? I really really don't think the gossip rags *needed* to have a Bethenny or Sonja or Ramona or whichever to suggest the sordid defamation that maybe Carole got fired. If our minds all went there, then I doubt the news media needed a hot tip from Betheny… It's really a rather obvious place to go.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I don’t think she was fired however I do think she was given a healthy shove by her pal Andy allowing her to save face. While they were filming Carole thought she was “winning” filming ended and the episodes started playing and lo and behold no matter what she did she was turning a lot of viewers off. The writing was on the wall by mid season. Maybe the reunion didn’t go as well as she thought it would and Andy told her so. 

Andy: hey Carole, things haven’t really gone your way. Your Q rating without bethenny has plummeted.

carole: no it hasn’t.

andy: oh sweety yes, yes it has. Now be a good girl apologize to bethenny and all will be forgiven. 

carole: (stomping feet) I won’t do it! She is an Adam hater I won’t, I won’t do it.

andy: sweety if you don’t you won’t be asked back

carole: I quit!!!!!

andy: ok booh nite nite

thats how I imagine it played out.

Love your imagination

Carole flew through the moon door

53796a747f887f930e011561_d-rooooooooop.g

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I am a fan of Bethany, but a truer statement about her has yet to be written.

True, we would relish it.

Shawna, we may disagree on the housewives sometimes but I find you refreshingly honest.

I like that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Love your imagination

Carole flew through the moon door

53796a747f887f930e011561_d-rooooooooop.g

That’s almost exactly how I picture it but he wouldn’t face her. He would shove her when her back was to him lol

libe it!

I’m not a Carole fan and I don’t care whether she was fired or whether she quit I’m just glad I don’t have to keep watching her.

• Love 6

This quote from Carole, strikes me as oddly worded:

I am sure this does not come as a surprise to any of the viewers, all of whom have been supportive, encouraging, and kind. My original curiosity about reality television has waned over the years and I am focusing on TV and writing projects that better suit my more steady temperament,” she told People in a statement.

All viewers have not been supporting, encouraging and kind. (My bolding) 

Maybe it's a small detail, but it's a flat out lie. There are many ways to graciously thank the fans who have been supportive, encouraging and kind without saying "all viewers".  I find it interesting.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bagger said:

That’s almost exactly how I picture it but he wouldn’t face her. He would shove her when her back was to him lol

libe it!

I’m not a Carole fan and I don’t care whether she was fired or whether she quit I’m just glad I don’t have to keep watching her.

Would it be a sneaky sniper from the side nudge like this?

Or would it be an all out aggressive frog march shove?

tenor.gif?itemid=5358924

I used to be a Carole fan, I tried to excuse her behavior at the beginning of this season, but her attempts at gaslighting Bethenny was hard to ignore. Glad she is gone

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jel said:

This quote from Carole, strikes me as oddly worded:

I am sure this does not come as a surprise to any of the viewers, all of whom have been supportive, encouraging, and kind. My original curiosity about reality television has waned over the years and I am focusing on TV and writing projects that better suit my more steady temperament,” she told People in a statement.

All viewers have not been supporting, encouraging and kind. (My bolding) 

Maybe it's a small detail, but it's a flat out lie. There are many ways to graciously thank the fans who have been supportive, encouraging and kind without saying "all viewers".  I find it interesting.

The entire thing is her usual condenscending, delusional  crap.  Okay Carole, you stayed on the show six seasons because you were curious about reality.  Not because of the celebrity, or to increase sales of your book, or money, but intellectual curiosity. Riiiiiight. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5358924

I used to be a Carole fan, I tried to excuse her behavior at the beginning of this season, but her attempts at gaslighting Bethenny was hard to ignore. Glad she is gone

Oh I miss flavor flave

i like the side shove 

I never could warm up to her I just saw that well hidden viscous streak. Bethenny has that streak to but it’s out there forbthe world to see and I can get behind that.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, bagger said:

Oh I miss flavor flave

i like the side shove 

I never could warm up to her I just saw that well hidden viscous streak. Bethenny has that streak to but it’s out there forbthe world to see and I can get behind that.

I liked Carole at first. I was kind of put off by her not so we'll hidden contempt for the other women, but the Kennedy association fascinated me.

Yes to the "well hidden" viscous streak. What I saw this season was a woman who saw an opportunity to try and take down a woman she had to be subservient to, to ensure her place on the show. It backfired and she stormed out with one more ”I'm above this crap” statement in a fit if pique. 

Bethany is often horrible, but it is in your face and not underhanded and sneaky.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Oh I miss flavor flave

i like the side shove 

I can see Carole's next gig being a contestant on Rock Of Love.

Brett has one pass left. I'd watch just to see Brett give the last Backstage Pass to Rodeo over Carole.

giphy.gif

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5358924

Good Lord, what is up with the shove in the 2nd image? What show is that from? I get that conflict is the mother's milk of reality TV but that interaction ... looks disturbingly over the top. The turtles, conversely, are delightful.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SCS said:

Good Lord, what is up with the shove in the 2nd image? What show is that from? I get that conflict is the mother's milk of reality TV but that interaction ... looks disturbingly over the top. The turtles, conversely, are delightful.

The clip is from Flavor Flav I think.

The girl shoving is New York and she is shoving Pumpkin.

Just so you know, Pumpkin spit at New York and the spit fell right into New York's open mouth

tenor.gif?itemid=8050072

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Just so you know, Pumpkin spit at New York and the spit fell right into New York's open mouth

tenor.gif?itemid=8050072

OMG that is absolutely revolting (well, equally revolting and oddly hysterical). That kind of behavior on both their parts (spit then shove) is just too much.

• Love 2
Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

I watched it. It was beyond bad.

It was EPIC!

The first episode, when the contestants were going to be cut to the top 20...one of the ladies took a crap on the floor.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-boat-ride-from-hell-cartagena-colombia-bethenny-frankel-carole-radziwill-moment-video

above - 2 clips from Dana (Andy's assistant) - talks briefly to both Kandi Buruss and Sonja Morgan

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

OMG! I think that girl was called "Sumthin." I could be wrong I haven't seen that shit in forever! LOL!

Ugh!  And I wish I never saw it!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SCS said:

Clutching my pearls!

that is New York and pumkin (no I did not miss a P there) competing for the affections of flavor flav. My first real experience with “reality” tv. It was a thing of beauty.

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8050072

Omg!!! I had forgotten about this and I almost just threw up at my desk! God I loved this trash.

48 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I watched it. It was beyond bad.

It was the worst in the best way possible. These people really made me feel great about myself lol

• Love 9